CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Fab loss, don't be so dismissive of a fabulous loss, that's brill you should put it in big font!!! x BTW I was planing next years holiday in Florida, and was working out driving time to Charleston, then I got the Amtrak map out and thought how amazing it would be to go on the train from Seattle to Chicago, it's now on the 'too see' list!!!

Ooooh Michelle, a bit random but I thought of you yesterday. My friend at work has told me about Norweigan Airlines, they do cheap long hail flights. So to Miami/fort Lauderdale it is £397 return per adult. That's from Gatwick but I don't know Where else they fly from in Uk as I haven't looked. They are new to Gatwick x

Ooooh Michelle, a bit random but I thought of you yesterday. My friend at work has told me about Norweigan Airlines, they do cheap long hail flights. So to Miami/fort Lauderdale it is £397 return per adult. That's from Gatwick but I don't know Where else they fly from in Uk as I haven't looked. They are new to Gatwick x

Wow thanks for that, I'm going to start looking soon for our flights, we can fly from anywhere really, Bob works on the railway so we get a limited (large I must add) amount of free rail travel & I always travel light these days. Flippin eck £397 is very cheap I'll defo look now! x

Wow thanks for that, I'm going to start looking soon for our flights, we can fly from anywhere really, Bob works on the railway so we get a limited (large I must add) amount of free rail travel & I always travel light these days. Flippin eck £397 is very cheap I'll defo look now! x

We flew with Norwegian to gran canaria last year and they were such a nice airline. We're considering them for the honeymoon as well to america because we had such a good experience last time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

How was ze weekend? xx

Hi Hun,

Another AWOL week! The weekend was really good. I tried my wedding dress on for the first time, it looks good, definite room for improvement, but the main thing was not only did it fit, but it was too big (YAY!). My mum and sister were there and they made a few comments, none of them about the way I looked thankfully but more about the shop itself and how cheap it was etc. They are such snobs.

Anyhoo, I have the dress and I now have an idea of what weight and size I want to be - belly needs to go down and back fat and ARMS!

I have been good this week food wise, its weird, I am not doing strictly SW, nor am I doing CCing, I am just being mindful, and I have lost another 2lbs this week! Which I am really chuffed about.

Not sure how I have done it, but I think that my calorie intake (not that I have been counting) has been lower than usual. I have just been listening to myself a little bit more. Whatever it is, its working. Although I do have one thing I have stopped and that is that I have stopped drinking Pepsi Max. I would have about a pint of it a day, usually a big glass with dinner, and another in the evening. I decided I didn't like the chemicals and crap that was going in my body, so I bought myself a water filter jug and have been drinking water instead....I can't imagine it is helping me lose weight, but you never know!

Have a good weekend all, I hope to post more from now on (lots of things going on at work!)

x

Congratulations on the loss and I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the dress! Water does definitely help you lose weight. No idea how (I think it's to do with fluid retention when you don't drink enough and you get "dehydrated") but I'm glad it works!

Ah thanks all you lovely ladies!!

Yeah, I am feeling positive about things. I have a hairdresser appointment tomoro - I am so nervous, since I was a little girl I have had a hair salon phobia, due to a rather unfortunate helmet hair do when I was 7!!! As a result of which, I haven't been into an actual salon since!! Crazy I know.

I have my hair cut by one lady who does the bare minimum round her house and I have dyed my own hair for years.

A few months ago I picked my mum up from her salon and I got talked into getting my hair stripped of dye (there is a massive build up on the ends where I have done it myself all these years and results in my hair being slightly two tone) and re-dyed professionally, then cut properly and straightened so I can see the new colour properly - ESSSSHHHHHKK!!

This is such a big deal for me, and is coating me an arm and a leg, but I feel it's time I grew up and got a big girls hair do!

I can relate to the hair salon thing, mine is naturally curly & so many times I had a bad cut it used to make me cry, I've had the same hairdresser for about 20+ years & wouldn't go anywhere else, I'm always a tad envious of those that can have their hair cut anywhere.

I'm sure all will go fine tomorrow, have a glass of whatever to calm your nerves before you go :D

Really pleased that you love the dress. Remember that it is your wedding day & how you feel is more important than what anyone else thinks. I'm sure you'll look beautiful :)
I hope everything goes well tomorrow. I've had a couple awful cuts over the the years but on the whole I've come out happier than I went in. I love how I can come out feeling like a different person just by having a different colour or cut. Just remember hair grows back & if you don't like it you can change it x :D

I love your attitude with everything! Just caught up and your diary is such a pleasure to read :)
Fantastic that listening to your body worked- 2lbs off is great!! I think it is fantastic that you are heating avocados and thinkig about health as well as weight loss :) I love pepsi max and the cherry ones but I feel sick after them sometimes :/ water filter sounds like such a good plan- it totally is about having something cold for me too!! And I drink too much squash because it is easy to fill an empty squash bottle with dilute and put it in the fridge... I am going to look into a filter :D thx for the idea!
Water is so fantastic for weight loss, really boosts metabolism, so if you've been drinking more than normal it could be helping! :D
Fab that you love the dress! Have always hated my arms, trying to work on mine too. X

Ah thanks you lovely ladies, I just quickly logged on and read your lovely weekend emails, I will respond properly later, I am working til 8 tonight - boooooo!!! But just a couple of snaps of the barnet, like you Michelle I am a naturally curly girly so I have had years of disappointment but on Saturday, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience the salon (aptly called The Salon!) was so much fun and I really forgot what it was like to be pampered hair-wise. The colour is great and a big difference to my usual dark brown. I forgot to take a before pic but I found one of my hair when I was trying on wedding slides in debenhams a few months ago

image-3491754454.jpg

image-758954261.jpg

And after three hours in the salon;

image-1462943387.jpg

image-4082738962.jpg

image-1462943387.jpg

It's back to its original curl now, I sent those pics to Mick and he said 'you look lovely but where's me missus gone?!' I look odd and older without my curls!

Do you like the colour though?

The colour is lovely Charlie and I like it curly or straight. You're so pretty! x

I can relate to the hair salon thing, mine is naturally curly & so many times I had a bad cut it used to make me cry, I've had the same hairdresser for about 20+ years & wouldn't go anywhere else, I'm always a tad envious of those that can have their hair cut anywhere. I'm sure all will go fine tomorrow, have a glass of whatever to calm your nerves before you go :D

Oh Michelle I totally feel your curly pain!! I had the most awful experiences as a youngster and like you for years I only trusted one person to trim the ends (after years of trimming my own ends!) - probably like you I know how handle and control the curls now too?

They were trying to tell me how to have my hair for the wedding and get a stylist in, but I can't chance that on the day. They are going to be Bajan hair stylists who are probably used to doing big statement hair styles. I don't want that, I want natural and I know how to tame my hair and I am teaching my bridesmaid how to do it and have some run throughs so on the day it should go perfect (?)

Like you, I was always envious of women who pop in for a trim and have a blow dry and leave the salon feeling amazing - I can honestly say for the first time in my life, that's how I felt in Saturday! It's was short lived mind, after sitting in the sun for an hour it got too hot on my back and so I put it up!

Really pleased that you love the dress. Remember that it is your wedding day & how you feel is more important than what anyone else thinks. I'm sure you'll look beautiful :) I hope everything goes well tomorrow. I've had a couple awful cuts over the the years but on the whole I've come out happier than I went in. I love how I can come out feeling like a different person just by having a different colour or cut. Just remember hair grows back & if you don't like it you can change it x :D

Ah thanks Zappy, like i just posted above, I totally see how a trip to the hairdresser can make you feel great!

I am seeing a dressmaker soon to see if she can make the changes to my wedding dress - it's so exciting and I still have over a year to wait!!!

Xx

Lovely loss Charlie, and lovely catch up xx We must have before & afters of hair xx

Thanks hun. I feel a little like the weight loss is a fluke and it's a trick of the scales or something! Because I haven't felt like I have been an angel at all - still I am taking it and running with it!!
Xxx

Back