CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

I love your attitude with everything! Just caught up and your diary is such a pleasure to read :) Fantastic that listening to your body worked- 2lbs off is great!! I think it is fantastic that you are heating avocados and thinkig about health as well as weight loss :) I love pepsi max and the cherry ones but I feel sick after them sometimes :/ water filter sounds like such a good plan- it totally is about having something cold for me too!! And I drink too much squash because it is easy to fill an empty squash bottle with dilute and put it in the fridge... I am going to look into a filter :D thx for the idea! Water is so fantastic for weight loss, really boosts metabolism, so if you've been drinking more than normal it could be helping! :D Fab that you love the dress! Have always hated my arms, trying to work on mine too. X

Ah thanks sugar. Yeah, I guess because I have spent so many years telling myself I should eat this and that and always being aware of what I am begrudging myself and making up for it in other ways, gallons of Pepsi Max just cos I can! That I am realising that I don't need a full fry up for breakfast just cos it's SW friendly - I have realised that a boiled egg before I leave for work, a Yog and banana or a bowl if cherries when I get to work, that does me until lunchtime - and a salad with meat or fish or cheese, with avocado or whole pitta and or a little bit of houmous, also lasts me, and for tea I don't need as much - obviously this doesn't always pan out, I was a bit of a piggy on Saturday (call it 'nice hairdo celebrations?!) so I can still binge and pig out, but I am happy to get back on it.

I made a butter chicken curry last night, it's was delish, I only used a few tbsp of butter and I never used cream but some evap milk instead, I was naughty and now SW friendly but it was cooked from scratch and I have some more left for tonight - yummy - I am starving too! Just sitting on the train home after an 11 hour day - phew

Xx

The colour is lovely Charlie and I like it curly or straight. You're so pretty! x

Ah thanks scarlet, that's really sweet of you!!!

How are you doing?

I have been a nightmare getting on here and reading other diaries lately!

Xx

Oh Michelle I totally feel your curly pain!! I had the most awful experiences as a youngster and like you for years I only trusted one person to trim the ends (after years of trimming my own ends!) - probably like you I know how handle and control the curls now too?

They were trying to tell me how to have my hair for the wedding and get a stylist in, but I can't chance that on the day. They are going to be Bajan hair stylists who are probably used to doing big statement hair styles. I don't want that, I want natural and I know how to tame my hair and I am teaching my bridesmaid how to do it and have some run throughs so on the day it should go perfect (?)

Like you, I was always envious of women who pop in for a trim and have a blow dry and leave the salon feeling amazing - I can honestly say for the first time in my life, that's how I felt in Saturday! It's was short lived mind, after sitting in the sun for an hour it got too hot on my back and so I put it up!

Ha, ha, yep I now know how to handle my curls & at least Lydia now has loads of hair products to help tame her hair, not like when I was her age!!! Thing is with curly hair it doesn't have to be perfect, you can have the odd curl out of place & you won't be able to tell!!! I'm sure you're bridesmaid will do a brill job on the day x

I'm good thanks, totally gave up on sw and am currently on my first week with ww. First weigh in Wednesday....x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ha, ha, yep I now know how to handle my curls & at least Lydia now has loads of hair products to help tame her hair, not like when I was her age!!! Thing is with curly hair it doesn't have to be perfect, you can have the odd curl out of place & you won't be able to tell!!! I'm sure you're bridesmaid will do a brill job on the day x

Oh yeah, tell me about it! There are all sorts of lotion and potions out there, I used to leave conditioner, now use this feet stuff by umberto gianni called frizz blow dry cream, not that I blow dry my hair that would send it into a frizz frenzy!! What do you use?

Yes, that's what I like about curls, the random scruffiness of them, I used to hate it when I was little, now I am love it and am happy that I have very easy to manage, low maintenance hair x

I'm good thanks, totally gave up on sw and am currently on my first week with ww. First weigh in Wednesday....x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh wow, how have you found it? Fingers crossed for a great weigh in on Wednesday x

Oh yeah, tell me about it! There are all sorts of lotion and potions out there, I used to leave conditioner, now use this feet stuff by umberto gianni called frizz blow dry cream, not that I blow dry my hair that would send it into a frizz frenzy!! What do you use?

Yes, that's what I like about curls, the random scruffiness of them, I used to hate it when I was little, now I am love it and am happy that I have very easy to manage, low maintenance hair x

I've seen a massive improvement since going 'sulphate free' I use either Bed Head shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner or body shop banana shampoo & conditioner. I tried to have mine straightened when I was about 16, not a good look, the hair dresser just didn't know what she was doing & it looked awful, I did cry then.

And funny you should mention Mick not liking it straight, neither does Bob!!!

Thanks lovely. It's been easy so far. I've tried setting up good habits like tracking everything I eat and no wasting my points on rubbish and I'm optimistic for tomorrow. Never usually feel that way when it comes to getting on scales haha x

I've seen a massive improvement since going 'sulphate free' I use either Bed Head shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner or body shop banana shampoo & conditioner. I tried to have mine straightened when I was about 16, not a good look, the hair dresser just didn't know what she was doing & it looked awful, I did cry then.

And funny you should mention Mick not liking it straight, neither does Bob!!!

Ooh Banana Shampoo and Conditioner sounds devine! I like a bit of coconut shampers on mine! Although I have recently being using a medicated shampoo and tonic to stop hairloss, I have noticed over the last decade that my hair has gone from thick to really thin and I lose hair at a rate of knots (pun totally intended!) so I am trying to strengthen it with this stuff, I reckon it will take a while to take hold.

Well everyone knows us as the curly ones and then to straigten it completely changes you - I felt like I looked completely different in those photos on saturday.

Thanks lovely. It's been easy so far. I've tried setting up good habits like tracking everything I eat and no wasting my points on rubbish and I'm optimistic for tomorrow. Never usually feel that way when it comes to getting on scales haha x

Ooh you sound so optimistic and happy, its a little lift when you start something new - sometimes a change is as good as a rest. Fingers crossed for tomorrows WI!.

x

Tuesday 5th August

I am going to try to be good and re-start a daily diary, lets see how long this lasts. I am off work from Thursday and all through next week, which I am so excited about. I am house sitting my parents house AND dog sitting for my brother as they have all gone on holiday together. I am really looking forward to it, although dreading the fact that the weather is going to be cr!p, just my luck a storm is brewing! I am a little nervous as I have never dog sat before, mainly due to the fact that I am allergic! I should be ok, because Ted (**** zu) is staying with me at mum and dad's, and theres is a big house and its fairly open, so I will try and keep all windows and doors open and I will also take anti-hists and funnily enough my allergies have been dampened down a bit by my new contact lenses! They are a thicker type of lense and for some reason I am not as bad - we will see. My sister is on stand by to stay over if I get too bad.

So this is my mini summer holiday, we are going to the Caribbean for Christmas, so this is my first little stretch of time off in a whole year - and I cannee wait. I am looking forward to taking Ted out for walks (although I am dreading picking up his poo, the mere thought of it makes me gag, I am such a wuss!) and just can't wait to have a garden, which is something I lack and miss by living in a flat. I have told Mick that every evening meal is going to be bbq'd!

I am going to try and remain healthy, although I have a couple of bbq's for friends over the week, so they may be boozy and a little naughty - I also plan to workout everyday and jog up and down my parents garden (its 250 feet long!) much to the amusement of the neighbours should they look out of their windows!

So today's eats:

B - Boiled egg before I left the house and liberte yog and banana at work.

L - Spicy Pork steak and salad, with wholemeal pitta and chilli sauce dressing

S - 2 Nectarines

D - Hot Chicken Salad

Piccies to follow - unsurprisingly I didn't bother taking a picture of a boiled egg, yogurt or banana!

I had a sneaky mid-week WI this morning, and I am 3lb up from Friday, so the weekend came up and bit my on the ar!e then didn't it!!??!

Awwww staying at your parents sounds lovely. Love the name Ted! You'll have to put pics up of Ted whilst he's with you.

We are a couple of bbq cainers so i'm with you on that. I keep thinking about doing a slow cooked beef brisket on there (we have a cheaty gas bbq so it can go really low) but not got round to it yet.

Love the hair pics, gorgeous colour and it keeps the parent and sister quiet too eh ;-)?

Hope you're having a great week :) xx

Lunch and din dins today:

image-2859930122.jpg

image-2151136364.jpg

Awwww staying at your parents sounds lovely. Love the name Ted! You'll have to put pics up of Ted whilst he's with you. We are a couple of bbq cainers so i'm with you on that. I keep thinking about doing a slow cooked beef brisket on there (we have a cheaty gas bbq so it can go really low) but not got round to it yet. Love the hair pics, gorgeous colour and it keeps the parent and sister quiet too eh ;-)? Hope you're having a great week :) xx

Ted is a great name, he is a great dog too - a bit of a pest, like an annoying kid!

Gotta love a BBQ! Hmm beef brisket sounds amazing, cook it all day - yummo

Thanks for the hair compliment I am slowly getting used to seeing it a lot lighter than usual and yes, no more leg pulling from my sister or mum, which reminds me I must pluck my eyebrows tonight!!!!

Xx

Loving the new hair, the colour really suits you!

Ah thanks sugar. Yeah, I guess because I have spent so many years telling myself I should eat this and that and always being aware of what I am begrudging myself and making up for it in other ways, gallons of Pepsi Max just cos I can! That I am realising that I don't need a full fry up for breakfast just cos it's SW friendly - I have realised that a boiled egg before I leave for work, a Yog and banana or a bowl if cherries when I get to work, that does me until lunchtime - and a salad with meat or fish or cheese, with avocado or whole pitta and or a little bit of houmous, also lasts me, and for tea I don't need as much - obviously this doesn't always pan out, I was a bit of a piggy on Saturday (call it 'nice hairdo celebrations?!) so I can still binge and pig out, but I am happy to get back on it.

I made a butter chicken curry last night, it's was delish, I only used a few tbsp of butter and I never used cream but some evap milk instead, I was naughty and now SW friendly but it was cooked from scratch and I have some more left for tonight - yummy - I am starving too! Just sitting on the train home after an 11 hour day - phew

Xx

Your breakfasts sounds really good :) healthy but also good energy food!
When I started SW I was so sad to lose toast AND cereal for breakfast but now I have realised that even if I crave a huge fry up or potato pancake- If I just chop a banana and apple into a ff yoghurt the cravings just go! In the morning, for me, I am always hungry hungry hippo first thing so often I dream up epic breakfasts but am too hungry to make them so sort of trick myself into eating fruit and yoghurt as a 'starter' then am done for a couple of hours lol! ;)
Though the other day I was dying for a take out amd it so nearly happened as I felt crap and wanted comfort - but begrudgingly ate syn free fried chicken and spinach and felt better after with the craving anymore?! Brilliant! I Need to use these experiences as crutches against eating crap in the future.

Your pics/food diary always sounds so exciting! And your hair colour looks fab by the way :) I love curls though, so much more vivacious and excitinf than straight hair. Mine is somewhere in between, naturally dries in sort of drawn out straightish-wavy curls that I always try to tease and encourage!

Hey Mrs, how are you getting on? Hope you're well. How's the wedding prep going? xx

Hey Mrs, how are you getting on? Hope you're well. How's the wedding prep going? xx

Hey hun, been AWOL and naughty!!! Back on it today, I really need to get on with it now!

Well done to you Bev!!! You are going great guns!!! I need to take some of your strength and will power!!!

Wedding prep has kind of stood still for now. It's all pretty much about saving up now!! So this is the dull part - we are sacrificing lots of things now, no cinema, takeaways or going out too much - mind you the latter two are going to be good for the waistline!!!!

How's your wedding prep going?

Xxx

Rainy days and Monday!!

Hi all, how was your wet and miserable bank holiday Monday?

I decided I needed to stop this silliness and start losing weight! I am sick of my double chin, I am sick of my massive belly and I am sick of feeling rubbish.

I meant to get up this morning and do my exercise but for the umpteenth time in a two I woke up with a headache and feeling sluggish. So we have slobbed about all day and watched movies and eaten (on plan) and napped!

So day one, under 16 weeks until cruise and under 61 weeks until wedding - eeeeek!!!!

B - Ryvitas (HEB) 2 boiled eggs, cuc, toms and 3x LCL blue cheese (part-HEA)

image-3721736977.jpg

S - Orange

L - Prawn and Chilli Pasta with small amount of Parmesan (part HEA) with tsp oil (2)

image-4189173020.jpg

S - Apple and Pineapple Yogurt

D - Chicken, Potato Veg and gravy (4)

image-3919778903.jpg

Dessert - Ski Coconut and Chocolate Mouse (4.5) and Grapes

Syns - 10.5

Day one over as done with.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend

Food looks really yummy, and bank holidays were made for just relaxing at home. Not long till the wedding now, you're almost at the 1 year mark as well!

Food looks really yummy, and bank holidays were made for just relaxing at home. Not long till the wedding now, you're almost at the 1 year mark as well!

Oh wow, I never thought of being nearly at a year mark - eeeekkkk!!! Have you got any further with your plans Rubes?

How are you doing with SW and everything?

xx

Back