CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Tuesday (snooze-day)

Hi all

Back to work today, I was armed with all on plan food this morning. Then I popped to Tesco to get some groceries at lunchtime and saw this new Nutella and Go thing, its like a choc dip - I had to get it - I snaffled it after lunch - I am so greedy that I thought "f - it" and then had some wafer things that someone had bought back from Germany! What is wrong with me? ? ? Day 2 of my "i am going to do it this time" diet and I ballsed it already!

I am going to rejoin a class tonight, I need some control, whether or not a class will do that for me, I don't know. I won't be going to my old class because I need a fresh start with someone new. I hated going to class before - it didn't feel right - so I am hoping that this may work for me. We will see.

So food today:

B - Boiled Egg, Yogurt and Nectarine

L - Chicken and Prawn Salad - I will give it 3 syns because they were Tesco Prawns with Chilli and Coriander and I also had a splodge of chilli sauce with WM Pitta (HEB tweak)

S - Bad girl - Nutella and Go - 248 cals :eek: so 12 syns (lovely, but so not worth 12 syns) and two wafery biscuits from Germany which look to be around 2.5 syns each, so roughly 5 syns

I also had a small tub of grapes

I now feel sick!

D - Quarter Chicken Breast with Nandos Sauce (2) and Chips and Salad (1) for dressing with grated cheese over chips (HEA)

So all in all 23 syns today! I had 10.5 yesterday, so if I lend the 4.5 to today that works out to 18.5 and if I only have 10 syns tomorrow then I could well have wiped today's naughtiness out by default!

I MUST NOT CHEAT, I MUST NOT CHEAT, I MUST NOT CHEAT!

There are lots of people on the boards who have been struggling recently and have ended up re-joining so you're not alone! Although I'm craving one of those nutella things now. Will have to make do with some clementines.

Wedding stuff is starting to pick up again; booked the honeymoon over the weekend and we're going to look at wedding rings this weekend. So it's all starting to come together. Weight wise I keep going up and down but I think I'm focused now to get there.

ETA - the clementines didn't work, I still want some chocolate.

There are lots of people on the boards who have been struggling recently and have ended up re-joining so you're not alone! Although I'm craving one of those nutella things now. Will have to make do with some clementines.

Wedding stuff is starting to pick up again; booked the honeymoon over the weekend and we're going to look at wedding rings this weekend. So it's all starting to come together. Weight wise I keep going up and down but I think I'm focused now to get there.

ETA - the clementines didn't work, I still want some chocolate.

Well hun, I would like to say that the Nutella Dip was disgusting, but I won't, nor will I encourage you! The weren't worth the 12 syns mind. I reckon you could do a cheaper (syn wise) version with some Nutella and Ryvita. Sadly I can't be trusted with a whole tub - I am a finger dipper :eek: - peanut butter, nutella... I cant help myself!

Where have you booked for your honeymoon? Am I allowed to know? I know some people like to keep it quiet, which I respect. You could always honeymoon in Barbados and join us!!!!! Double celebration.

We were looking at wedding bands. Mick is insistent on getting platinum bands to match my engagement ring, but it is working out so expensive!

You are doing well with the diet hun, only a stone to go! I am at the start of my weight loss and have been since bloody New Years! I want to get 4 stone off for the wedding and ideally two stone off for the cruise, which is 15 weeks away - so in an ideal world (with me being as good as gold) I could effectively do it, 2lbs per week....its certainly a challenge though!

xxx

Ok so I am rejoined, I wanted to keep it on the down low but I walked in and the consultant said 'I know your mum'!!!! Great. I did ask her not to say anything as I wanted it kept quiet.

Not only that but my best friends sister takes the money and weighs!!! I hate people knowing my weight, I am so peed off that someone I know will know my weight. She is lovely and has lost over 7 stone herself, so she knows how it feels to be obese.

So step one put of the way, I just need to stick to it for 7 days now!!!

Pics of lunch and dinner

image-1298493854.jpg

image-406974877.jpg

Thanks Mrs S and Michelle! I know it's there and I know I have done it before I just find it so hard to stick to plan. Hopefully with someone else weighing me it will shame me into doing something about lowering that number

Xxx

Well hun, I would like to say that the Nutella Dip was disgusting, but I won't, nor will I encourage you! The weren't worth the 12 syns mind. I reckon you could do a cheaper (syn wise) version with some Nutella and Ryvita. Sadly I can't be trusted with a whole tub - I am a finger dipper :eek: - peanut butter, nutella... I cant help myself!

Where have you booked for your honeymoon? Am I allowed to know? I know some people like to keep it quiet, which I respect. You could always honeymoon in Barbados and join us!!!!! Double celebration.

We were looking at wedding bands. Mick is insistent on getting platinum bands to match my engagement ring, but it is working out so expensive!

You are doing well with the diet hun, only a stone to go! I am at the start of my weight loss and have been since bloody New Years! I want to get 4 stone off for the wedding and ideally two stone off for the cruise, which is 15 weeks away - so in an ideal world (with me being as good as gold) I could effectively do it, 2lbs per week....its certainly a challenge though!

xxx

I am also a finger-dipper, especially for peanut butter. I haven't had any in the house for almost a year because I could just gorge on that and toast all the time. Managed to stave off the cravings with some gherkins and ham when I got home last night.

As much as I would love to go to Barbados, we're really not "beach" people. I can read for hours on end usually, but put me next to a pool or the beach and I get really antsy after an hour or two. OH is the same. So with that in mind we're going to Disney World in Florida for a week and then 4 days in New York. So excited as I've never been to America before and I never thought I would ever get the chance to go to Disney, let alone stay there!

I'm getting platinum to match my engagement ring and I have a design in mind, I just want to rule everything else out before. We're going to get it made by the guy who made my engagement ring so it should work out cheaper than buying in a store. OH want's titanium for some reason and has seen one he likes for about £70 so we're saving money there!

Well done on going back to class! I'm sure your friend's sister won't blab to all and sundry about your weight as she's been in the same place herself. As you said, step 1 is done, now you just have to stick to plan! Food looks good, I can never make my meals photo worthy!

I am also a finger-dipper, especially for peanut butter. I haven't had any in the house for almost a year because I could just gorge on that and toast all the time. Managed to stave off the cravings with some gherkins and ham when I got home last night. As much as I would love to go to Barbados, we're really not "beach" people. I can read for hours on end usually, but put me next to a pool or the beach and I get really antsy after an hour or two. OH is the same. So with that in mind we're going to Disney World in Florida for a week and then 4 days in New York. So excited as I've never been to America before and I never thought I would ever get the chance to go to Disney, let alone stay there! I'm getting platinum to match my engagement ring and I have a design in mind, I just want to rule everything else out before. We're going to get it made by the guy who made my engagement ring so it should work out cheaper than buying in a store. OH want's titanium for some reason and has seen one he likes for about £70 so we're saving money there! Well done on going back to class! I'm sure your friend's sister won't blab to all and sundry about your weight as she's been in the same place herself. As you said, step 1 is done, now you just have to stick to plan! Food looks good, I can never make my meals photo worthy!

Ah the old gherkin ad pickle trick pre dinner, I do that too sometimes!!!

Disneyland sounds perfect for you and and NY too!! I loved NY when we went a few years ago, and would love to go back and do different things.

Yeah my wedding band is going to have to match my engagement as we have been told not to mix two metals, but he is insistent on getting a platinum band to match, even though he tried on a titanium and it looks the same - I can't grumble tho because I know he spent a lot of money on my engagement ring so I would never begrudge him an expensive platinum ring. It's not everyday you get married and we are saving every penny now to ensure we get to have an amazing time doing what we want to do, while we can do it. For instance - we have always wanted to travel upper class, but couldn't ever afford it, but Mick convinced me that if ever we should splash out and do it, it should be for the wedding, and so we are travelling back home from Barbados in upper class!!! Crazy! But I do keep having to remind myself that the wedding in Total, including the built in honeymoon, is going to cost us a lot less than it would have done in the UK.

subscribing :) i've kinda started SW again after a couple of months break.. debating whether to go back to the class.

Hello - welcome to my diary and well done for taking up SW again - it's never easy is it? do you have a diary I can nosey in on?

Wednesday

Hello, my first day after my first re-joining weigh in - I was definitely a heavy weight there last night does anyone else size the people up in your class and figured out where you are on the scale of whose heaviest etc?! No? Just judgemental old me? I do it more because I am convinced I am always gong to be the heaviest, last night I would say me and this other girl were the heaviest there. She has done really well, lost over 2 stone in 10 weeks and got slimmer of the week AND month! I am not that good, I have never been a big loser.

So I felt rejuvenated and raring to go in this round of SW. I feel positive and I stayed on plan:

B - 2 LMc ROAR Saus, 1 LCL blue cheese (1.5) and WW petit pain (HEB)

S - Banana

L - Dahl loaf and salad (1) for chilli sauce

image-2737419052.jpg

S - Shape Yog, grapes, nectarine, 2 boiled sweets (2)

D - Egg, Chips and beans with brown roll (HEB) and (2) for butter

image-1592966729.jpg

S - Apple, Orange, Ski Lemon Meringue mousse (3.5) - this was lovely but tasted a lot like the old 80s drink a snowball!! anyone remember those? Advocaat and Lemonade?! My mum used to let me have one at Christmas when I was a little girl....and babychams!!

Syns today 10

I remember them. You can still buy them. I got all nostalgic and bought some for Xmas a couple of years ago. Not as sophisticated as I remember them when I was 10 lol

Hello, my first day after my first re-joining weigh in - I was definitely a heavy weight there last night does anyone else size the people up in your class and figured out where you are on the scale of whose heaviest etc?! No? Just judgemental old me?

Yep, I do this, especially those who are similar height to me!!

Wow upper class, that will be amazing, when we were trying to sort out our 25th anniversary 'do' (which Bob said NO very firmly), his winning shot was 'well you've always wanted to travel first class.....' so inside I'm jumping up & down & kept my face straight & we agreed that would be an anniversary gift to each other, we've not done it yet but will do when we go on our Trans Siberian trip which will either be 2016 or 2017 (our 30th anniversary!!!)

We watched Hotel India last night about the Taj hotel in Mumbai & it was brill, the special treatment VIPs get was just amazing, we said in India you don't have to pay £9,000 pn to get that treatment, where we've stayed (usually 3/4*) we get treated with respect & like we are valued customers.

I agree, you're wedding / honeymoon is the one time you should splash out a little. Saying that, we're flying economy all the way but we are going to pay to sit in the lounge at the airport as a treat!

I remember them. You can still buy them. I got all nostalgic and bought some for Xmas a couple of years ago. Not as sophisticated as I remember them when I was 10 lol

Hey Stef (I only just saw your real name! Not that I thought you name was actually Zappacat..honest I didn't...!)

I know! I thought I was ever so classy with a snowball in my hand! Really they were just a bit sickly sweet and had a scum-type froth at the top! I must buy one if I see it, although I do recommend Ski Mousse's, they are nice, albeit a little thin on the ground for the syns.

I have just been looking at your stats - you are amazing!!!! Well done on your losses, they are fab.

xxx

Yep, I do this, especially those who are similar height to me!!

Wow upper class, that will be amazing, when we were trying to sort out our 25th anniversary 'do' (which Bob said NO very firmly), his winning shot was 'well you've always wanted to travel first class.....' so inside I'm jumping up & down & kept my face straight & we agreed that would be an anniversary gift to each other, we've not done it yet but will do when we go on our Trans Siberian trip which will either be 2016 or 2017 (our 30th anniversary!!!)

We watched Hotel India last night about the Taj hotel in Mumbai & it was brill, the special treatment VIPs get was just amazing, we said in India you don't have to pay £9,000 pn to get that treatment, where we've stayed (usually 3/4*) we get treated with respect & like we are valued customers.

Oh wow, thats great - I will let you know what its like. The Virgin Agents that booked our holiday...erm I mean wedding! (I keep forgetting to think of it as our wedding, more a holiday!) were raving about upper class. They said each employee of virgin gets one Upper Class a year so they always choose really far away destinations so they can just make the most of the service! I think it will be a nice way to round off our holiday, damn, wedding!

I would like to travel to India one day. Mick isn't keen, but it is something i would like to experience. I really fancy Sri Lanka.

I agree, you're wedding / honeymoon is the one time you should splash out a little. Saying that, we're flying economy all the way but we are going to pay to sit in the lounge at the airport as a treat!

Yes you may be flying economy but how much money is your wedding and honeymoon going to cost altogether? I bet you are spending a darn sight more on your wedding than we will be. Setting aside the costs of our AI three week holiday, the wedding part is only going to cost between £3 - 4k. Thats why we feel we can justify Prem Econ one way and Upper Class coming home.

xxx

Yes you may be flying economy but how much money is your wedding and honeymoon going to cost altogether? I bet you are spending a darn sight more on your wedding than we will be. Setting aside the costs of our AI three week holiday, the wedding part is only going to cost between £3 - 4k. Thats why we feel we can justify Prem Econ one way and Upper Class coming home.

xxx

Ah that is true, our venue with catering is almost double what your entire wedding (or is that a holiday :D) is costing. I really wanted a destination wedding because of the cost aspect but it wouldn't be practical with OH's family.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Stef (I only just saw your real name! Not that I thought you name was actually Zappacat..honest I didn't...!)

I know! I thought I was ever so classy with a snowball in my hand! Really they were just a bit sickly sweet and had a scum-type froth at the top! I must buy one if I see it, although I do recommend Ski Mousse's, they are nice, albeit a little thin on the ground for the syns.

I have just been looking at your stats - you are amazing!!!! Well done on your losses, they are fab.

xxx

Lol I think Zappacat would really cause a stir on my name badge at work! :)
Think I got mine in tesco with all the Xmas stuff but I've definitely seen them in Savers. They sell CherryB too!
I'll keep an eye out for the mousse.
Aw thanks that's so kind. I'm about to fall off the wagon in a big way though. I'm in the car on the way to a music festival for the weekend. A small one but lots of booze. Then in 3 wks time our 2 wk hols :)
I'm going to have to live in the gym when I get back! lol

Back