CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Mmmmm that salad looks lovely!x

Wow you are right at target right?!! 10 st 13 is amazing, well done. So exercise is the way to do it right? I hate it, but I am trying to see it as something I need to do as part of everyday life. My ankle still plays me up, but I could still get to the gym and do other stuff. Are you still CCing?

Moose is a little cutey pie!

Go away and do it on your own! I would, in fact I am (other than the 32 other people that are coming with us!) - do it on a cruise!!!! You guys love a good cruise. Try and do it around Feb/March 2017 on the new P&O Brittania, we will be there!!!!!

Oh, I meant to ask, what's happening with Gaz's daughter? Is she still on the scene?

xxx

Nooooo not at target yet. I am disappointed with myself for saying that but I'm only just into a size 12 so would like to get to a 10. I've still done it slowly, 1lb a week pretty much? I'm just not a big loser. It's hard! Trainer man is hard but nice. It's still working ok :) it is tough with injuries but I've got a slipped disc and it barely bothers me now I guess cos we have strengthened up all my core and stuff? He works with me around it. When it does hurt its only for a day or two rather thank 2 or 3 weeks. I fell off a Segway the other week (we were off road segwaying - I won't do that again!) and I twisted my knee quite badly and tore some ligaments. I thought I'd broken my leg again. It was so painful at the time. I'm just getting over it and it was on 11th March! Hate being injured. Are you still seeing sports physio for your ankle?

Ohhhh I'm desperado for another cruise. Gaz wants to do Caribbean in November (best start saving!) We also want to take mum to Miami and go on the alligator trip we did. So amazing! If you're over that way you should do it. I bloody shat myself (not literally!) but it was AMAZING. We picked up our cruise the next day at Miami port. I think we will go and get hitched alone. I have major travel plans for Canada, Australia and more cruises so that's more exciting that spending £15k on one day. That sounds bad doesn't it but it's true! Gaz feels the same.

His daughter is on and off the scene.... I've only seen her once. He sees her every 2 weeks or so for an evening but he has very mixed feelings. Very up and down. He's just like "meh" about it poor boy!

Xx

Hi Charley, hope you just had a busy day yesterday and haven't left us!xx

Mmmmm that salad looks lovely!x

Thanks - I do love a good salad, but it must be a good one. I hate going to restaurants and paying £10 - £15 for a salad that contains leaves only. It really bugs me. I like the idea of what you said in your diary and doing more interesting veggie / vegan salads. I am currently researching the idea of lentil loaf and things that contain more legumes and less pasta, rice and potatoes etc. I have started using the correct amount of pasta for my meals - my god its measly to look at, but oddly enough, it is enough. I just need to get used to portion sizes - SW made me lose control over portion sizes, just "because you can" you know. I am trying to get into the mind set as quality over quantity, smaller amounts of tasty food.

Nooooo not at target yet. I am disappointed with myself for saying that but I'm only just into a size 12 so would like to get to a 10. I've still done it slowly, 1lb a week pretty much? I'm just not a big loser. It's hard! Trainer man is hard but nice. It's still working ok :) it is tough with injuries but I've got a slipped disc and it barely bothers me now I guess cos we have strengthened up all my core and stuff? He works with me around it. When it does hurt its only for a day or two rather thank 2 or 3 weeks. I fell off a Segway the other week (we were off road segwaying - I won't do that again!) and I twisted my knee quite badly and tore some ligaments. I thought I'd broken my leg again. It was so painful at the time. I'm just getting over it and it was on 11th March! Hate being injured. Are you still seeing sports physio for your ankle?

Ohhhh I'm desperado for another cruise. Gaz wants to do Caribbean in November (best start saving!) We also want to take mum to Miami and go on the alligator trip we did. So amazing! If you're over that way you should do it. I bloody shat myself (not literally!) but it was AMAZING. We picked up our cruise the next day at Miami port. I think we will go and get hitched alone. I have major travel plans for Canada, Australia and more cruises so that's more exciting that spending £15k on one day. That sounds bad doesn't it but it's true! Gaz feels the same.

His daughter is on and off the scene.... I've only seen her once. He sees her every 2 weeks or so for an evening but he has very mixed feelings. Very up and down. He's just like "meh" about it poor boy!

Xx

Wow, a size 12 though Stace, that's amazing. I can't remember what that is like, I must ask my 13 year old self!!! Its all down to hard work and time, which is fantastic and I commend you for it. I do miss you on minis though :cry:

A slipped disc? And you are still going? Man, you are hard core. Take it easy though hun! Yeah, I am now seeing a physio through my private health insurance, I had a session yesterday and she is currently lasering old scar tissue away - the pain is going slowly, but I am impatient and want to get back to training. I am desparate to start my running up - I don't know when or if I can do that though.

I have done an alligator trip on one of those hover thingys, I went to Miami, ooh way over 10 years ago, it was brilliant! We couldn't go through all the everglades as there had been low rainfall and parts of it had dried right up, but they were really close - it was great. I agree, the money used to spend on a wedding, £15k upwards, in my mind is much better spent on a whacking great big holiday somewhere! You have time though Stacey to save up and go for something big - you don't need to do it straight away, you have been together for a while now and there is no hurry.

Hi Charley, hope you just had a busy day yesterday and haven't left us!xx

No no no, I was off work yesterday and I never got round to coming onto Mins. I will update my foodies for yesterday later - je suis ici!!!

I weigh my pasta & rice so I get the right portions, I know SW say eat until full but I still think some form of control is needed, or maybe that's the OCD in me coming out!!!!

We've done the 'gator trip a few times, they are amazing, have you been to the Everglades that's wonderful so flat & full of wildlife x

I weigh my pasta & rice so I get the right portions, I know SW say eat until full but I still think some form of control is needed, or maybe that's the OCD in me coming out!!!!

We've done the 'gator trip a few times, they are amazing, have you been to the Everglades that's wonderful so flat & full of wildlife x

Its quite an eye opener initially, the amount of food "per person" actually is - well, maybe not to the average person, but to me, its miniscule. I guess years of not having any control over portions in the SW world. I am having new potatoes tonight and have just googled the average amount per person and that is 180g! Not masses then!

Wednesday 15th April

Hi all,

I wasn't around here much yesterday. I had a short notice day off - I missed my physio appointment on Monday morning and the only appointment she had within the next couple of weeks was at 1pm on Tuesday! That would have meant me leaving work at 10:30am and returning at 4pm! So me and HR took the view that I should have a half day holiday and they would give me a half day medical day. I was delighted as the weather was stunning yesterday (as it is today).

So yesterday I got up and went to the gym for a workout and a swim, then came home, had some food and then ate far too much chocolate, I cannot control myself!!! Its all gone now thankfully. Then I went to my physio appointment, Gemma Collins was there! Claim to (not really) fame for all those TOWIE fans (of which I am not one of) but she seemed nice, I was dying to ask my physio what was wrong with her, but i didn't! Then I came back, sat in my parents garden for a couple of hours and then came back to the cold dark flat and had dinner with Mick.

I had a lovely day.

Food today:

B - 1 LMc Veggie Sausage and a punnet of Strawbs

L - Falafel, houmous, cold roasted veg and a pitta

D - Salmon, new potatoes and brocolli with a creamy garlic and mushroom sauce

I will send food pics through in a minute as I am on my work computer :character00148: and its a hassle uploading pics, so I will do the pics on my phone.

Mick is out tonight (yay :clap:, oops I mean booo :giggle:) so I am going to come home, do a good old workout dvd - perhaps kettlebells and hip hop abs, then do my tea and watch my programmes allll evening.

I do have a book club book that I need to finish, but it is so bloody dull I don't think I want to ruin my night in by reading it!

So lunch and dinner for yesterday

Attachments

• 1429124011280.jpg
    1429124011280.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 1429124025649.jpg
    1429124025649.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 52
And today

Attachments

• 1429124053330.jpg
    1429124053330.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 1429124083941.jpg
    1429124083941.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 52
Thanks ladies, I am really enjoying my meals at the moment. I had an internal battle earlier, despite having got my salmon out of the freezer, I desperately wanted to go to a kebab house and get a kebab instead!! It's crazy now, because I am so happy with my meal tonight, but at the time the urge was huge. Thank God I didn't go into the kebab place on the way home!

It's very true Michelle, if I fancy something and don't let myself have it, I will crave and crave until I get it. I have made the sw doner and it is really nice, but oddly not much less syns than a small doner (meat only). I wasn't actually in the mood for doner meat last night, I fancied shish and kofta which would have been ok, but I had planned the salmon and didn't want to waste it. Plus its WI tomorrow. Other than the naughty nandos and bottle of red on Sunday, I have been really good - oh except for two bags of crisps and chocolate on Tuesday . But I also know that this week is the week after star week, which is when my body doesn't like to let go of any fat/water!! Needless to say I will be drinking water like a fish today

Thursday 16th April

Morning all, well I had a lovely evening last night, until I went to bed. Stupidly I get a bit of a big girl's blouse when Mick is away, so I left the hall light on! As I turned over I had a sharp pain in my chest, over my heart, I was really scared at first that I might be having a heart attack, but I think I may have pulled a muscle near my heart or something, i felt uncomfortable wherever I laid and it stung when I yawned or breathed deeply. Anyhow I went off to sleep and was woken by a fight outside my flat on the street. A couple with their daughter who couldn't have been more than 3 screaming at each other at 12:30am, I got up and looked to see this girl attacking the bloke like a wild animal punching him with both hands, he never touched her, he tried to get away but it spilled onto the road, it made me feel sick, especially as the little girl took no notice, like it happened at the time. Someone called the police and they arrested her even tho he was saying that he fell and she didn't touch him. He then wanted to get in the police car but they refused so he started kicking the police car saying ' now you have to arrest me' which they did. That all happened over about 45 mins and after that I couldn't sleep, so I read my boring book club book until 3!!!

I feel tired this morning, I need coffee!!!

Food today

B - 1 lmc veg sausage and a punnet of grapes

L - salmon potatoes and salad

D - spag bol

S - yogurt and fruit

Have a good day all.

Xxx

:eek::( That poor little mite. What is the MATTER with people FFS? You just think these poor children have no bloody chance.

Sounds like a terrible night for you all round, limp through today and have a nice early night tonight - perhaps a glass of wine when you get in to relax you a bit?

:eek::( That poor little mite. What is the MATTER with people FFS? You just think these poor children have no bloody chance.

Sounds like a terrible night for you all round, limp through today and have a nice early night tonight - perhaps a glass of wine when you get in to relax you a bit?

I know, she was completely unfazed by it all, it was heartbreaking Sal. The guy just stood there and took this beating, horrendous. If it had been the other way round, I reckon someone would have come out and stopped it, but when its men being beaten, somehow its not as bad to people, only it is no different. Domestic abuse is domestic abuse. I really felt for him because he was trying to reason with her - I think, they weren't English, so I had no idea what he had done to make her so wild - but she looked like she must have anger problems because she would calm down and then start up again and the little girls started kicking him in between beatings, clearly observing what her mother was doing. As soon as the police arrived they spoke English to them as said that they were drunk after a day out - the girl was taken away - I think the women called someone to pick them up and instead of leaving with them and her daughter, she was driven away by the police. It was horrible and it really shook me up. I hate Mick being away, not that he would have done anything but his presence calms me.... which annoys me in a way because I was single for years and lived on my own for years and I never felt frightened on my own - now I have to leave the hall light on!!!! Mental!

No wine tonight. I am totes in the zone at the moment and I am trying to save drinking for nights out only. Saturday night we are at my sisters and she is doing a buffet, so I am toying with either drinking and not eating, or eating and not drinking - I can't let myself do both!

xxx

That's crazy!! Poor little girl :(, the things some poor kids go through... You're right too, domestic abuse happens both ways round and both are equally as unacceptable.

Well done you for resisting the kebab and sticking with salmon. I love salmon and could easily eat it every day though you're apparently not supposed to have more than 2 portions a week of oily fish because of the pollutants they contain so I try to restrain myself!

I think it's understandable that you feel a bit anxious staying home alone without Mick, you two have been together for a while now and so it's a shock when you're by yourself and it's easy to let your mind wander! I think I'd be the same if Fabien was out all night.

xx

Last edited:
You do hope so Silver, but unfortunately the police missed the actual fight, they came as they were walking home, so I guess another poor child will go under the radar. I wished I had the balls to go down and say something now, but you are not always wise to intervene these days are you?

Yes Sophie, I love salmon too. - I had no idea about the pollutants tho, you learn something everyday!!! I personally prefer seafood to fish, but I am aiming to get more fish into my body. I have lots of white fish to do yummy meals with.

Oh I am a nightmare when Mick is out! I really worry about him too. I don't know why, I just always think the worse, especially when he doesn't ring. I never thought I would be like that with a guy but I am like his mother in that sense. Mind you, he is a div when he has had a few, he always falls alseep on the train home when he goes out with work - it makes me mad because anything can happen to you when you are asleep, you are so vulnerable. I don't think I could cope if I had children, my nerves would be shredded to pieces!!!! Xx

Back