Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Hey, hope you don't mind me popping by..
I had a read through some of your latest posts & I can completely agree that a 'cheat day/night' is defo needed! :)
alot of people disagree however my WI is on a Wed & every Wed night me & my sisters would pie out on something we have wanted that week, so we get it out of our system & straight back on the plan the next day! It really does work :)
Congrats on the stone loss aswell! I look forward to chatting to you a little more. :)

Nichola.. :)

Totally agree with you guys about this! :D

Hi Charley, glad to hear you had a nice weekend. Mine was nice as well. Too nice :p ate everything in sight and put on 1lb at wi. I'm back at work next Thursday and can't wait to be back in my routine. I'm really going to try and up my water intake this week. I hardly drink water at all during the day. I've had no exercise at all the past few days, my boyfriend has been walking the dogs himself! I'm so lazy I need to get my ass in gear! Hope you've a lovely day :)

Hey Hun

How long have you been off from work then? I can't control things if I am not at work - I really like the routine of work when it comes to eating, although saying that I would love to not have to work, especially if I were rich! I would be able to go to the gym everyday and cook up lots of lovely meals. I love cooking and the kitchen but I find that when I get in from work at about 7pm its really a hass getting a home cooked meal ready every night - I do it most nights, but then there is all the clearing up to do which Mick moans about doing...

Once you are back to work, you will get back into the swing of things - what do you do for a living?

Wednesday 22nd August

Not long to go until Rome now. I don't think I will get to the weight I wanted for that - but I will keep trying!

B - Ham Toasted Sandwich (HEB) (1) for Laff Cow Light

L - Tuna Pasta with Veg (1.5) for chilli dressing and tbsp of ELF mayo and Ryvita minis (4.5)

D - Spaghetti Carbonara (HEA) (2.5) for chorizo, served with big salad (1) for olives

Snack - Apple, Grapes, 1/2 melon, nectarine

Syns today - 10.5

Water - 2 litres

Exercise - Swimming

Hey Hun

How long have you been off from work then? I can't control things if I am not at work - I really like the routine of work when it comes to eating, although saying that I would love to not have to work, especially if I were rich! I would be able to go to the gym everyday and cook up lots of lovely meals. I love cooking and the kitchen but I find that when I get in from work at about 7pm its really a hass getting a home cooked meal ready every night - I do it most nights, but then there is all the clearing up to do which Mick moans about doing...

Once you are back to work, you will get back into the swing of things - what do you do for a living?

I'm a primary school teacher, I teach 6-7 yr olds! Absolutely love it and the hols aren't bad ;) I've been off since the end of June. It is really tough when I'm not at work because I'm so out of routine and there's so much temptation everywhere! Can't wait to get back, I've been at the computer all day today doing some planning. I like to be busy and my job keeps me really busy! The kids I teach go home at 2.30pm everyday but I usually stay in school until approx 4pm so my day isn't as long as yours. I'm still wrecked when I get home though! Before I got into teaching I used to think it was such a cushy number but you really don't get a minute all day. I know once I get back I will be much better with the food.

Lashing rain here at the minute so I don't think there's much chance of the dogs being walked tonight, unless I decide to put on my raincoat and wellies and brave the rain!

Enjoy your evening :)

I'm a primary school teacher, I teach 6-7 yr olds! Absolutely love it and the hols aren't bad ;) I've been off since the end of June. It is really tough when I'm not at work because I'm so out of routine and there's so much temptation everywhere! Can't wait to get back, I've been at the computer all day today doing some planning. I like to be busy and my job keeps me really busy! The kids I teach go home at 2.30pm everyday but I usually stay in school until approx 4pm so my day isn't as long as yours. I'm still wrecked when I get home though! Before I got into teaching I used to think it was such a cushy number but you really don't get a minute all day. I know once I get back I will be much better with the food.

Lashing rain here at the minute so I don't think there's much chance of the dogs being walked tonight, unless I decide to put on my raincoat and wellies and brave the rain!

Enjoy your evening :)

I have always wanted to be a primary school teacher!!!!!!! How lovely. I chose the corporate path and work for a US law firm in London. I would love to leave and re-train but a mortgage and debts get in the way of doing that! The closest I come is once a week at lunctime we go to a local school in Bethnall Green and help children with the reading/maths - its great fun.

I totally see where you are coming from with temptations at home, I don't know that I would be very good at staying on track either. Ooh, I would love to do your job !!!!!

Thursday 23 August

B - Ham Sandwich (HEB) (.5) ELF Mayo

L - Tuna Pasta and Veg (.5) ELF Mayo

D - 2 fried eggs and 2 min mexican rice (2.5)

Snacks - Half a melon, grapes, nectarine, apricot, banana milkshake (HEA+4)

Syns today - 7

2 litres of water

Exercise - none.

Awh it is a great job and so much fun! Really busy at the minute getting everything ready for next week.

I'm going to visit a friend of mine in Dublin tomorrow so there's not much chance of me staying on the bandwagon! I'll try my best!

Hey Charley :)

Not a problem. thankyou very much, i was slightly intoxicated in that picture! lol.
I have a food diary but i don't post it online, i just keep it on my phone & on the SW website.
I'm glad i'm not the only one that has their cheat nights, i love them! :) .. I really do think thats what keeps me going to be honest.
I always try to behabe at the weekends but when friends call round and persuade you to go out or have food & drinks I always cave, but defo make it up during the week!
Kracken, haha.. i love it. I should really make a wee name up for mine! lol.. any suggestions?! :) I am very much like you hun, i could really be a consultant for SW as i have tried that many times although i was still in school/college when i was on it so hopefully this time i stick to it! :)
How have you been this week on your diet?! any plans for the weekend?! :p

Thursday 23 August

B - Ham Sandwich (HEB) (.5) ELF Mayo

L - Tuna Pasta and Veg (.5) ELF Mayo

D - 2 fried eggs and 2 min mexican rice (2.5)

Snacks - Half a melon, grapes, nectarine, apricot, banana milkshake (HEA+4)

Syns today - 7

2 litres of water

Exercise - none.

Hello my lovely friend!!! I am back - sorry didn't reply to text - have been at caravan (a proper old fashioned caravan site with chemical loos and no electric) so charging up phone was impossible....have gained loads of weight but plan on getting back on track tomorrow morning with a huge stack of magic pancakes

How are you? whats been going on?? hows the leg/fooot are you able to jog again? and how's Mick?

Hey Charley :)

Not a problem. thankyou very much, i was slightly intoxicated in that picture! lol.
I have a food diary but i don't post it online, i just keep it on my phone & on the SW website.
I'm glad i'm not the only one that has their cheat nights, i love them! :) .. I really do think thats what keeps me going to be honest.
I always try to behabe at the weekends but when friends call round and persuade you to go out or have food & drinks I always cave, but defo make it up during the week!
Kracken, haha.. i love it. I should really make a wee name up for mine! lol.. any suggestions?! :) I am very much like you hun, i could really be a consultant for SW as i have tried that many times although i was still in school/college when i was on it so hopefully this time i stick to it! :)
How have you been this week on your diet?! any plans for the weekend?! :p

Hey lovely, sorry I went off signal for a couple of weeks or so, fell a little off the wagon, then went to Rome for a week and defo fell off the wagon, although I had a tummy bug the whole time so it went in one hole and out the other in pretty quick succession - sorry way TMI there! The result of which was a rather happy 1lb on in the whole week!

Anyhoo, how are you doing? I think, if you can come onto minimins regularly, you should try and do a food diary, I does help you keep on the straight and narrow. I never used to keep a diary on here, I was much happier keeping a paper one, but I think having other's see what you eat helps you stick to it and if you keep photos (which I am totally slack about doing, but will change my ways from now on) then you kind of want people to see what you have made and want to make it as well. Its a bit of a buzz I suppose.

Anyway, I hope you are well and keeping healthy.

C x

Charley...come out, come out, wherever you are ...

HERE I AM!!!! I am back, as I mentioned in my post to Nichola, I have been in Rome for a week and awol for the week before. I have been trying to keep up with your FD - man you are going great bloody guns Donna with all the postings and wow 10lbs off!!!! Amazing. Well done you. I need some of the willpower you possess. I will pop over to your diary later and make some comments.

Tuesday 11th September 2012 - EE

Hello all

I am back, I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Rome, but as I mentioned above I had a tummy bug and all the naughty foods and drinks I ate did not stay in my system very long - fortunately I only put on a 1lb (ish).

Today is a new day, actually yesterday was a new day until last night when Mick and I got the munchies and after tea (my tea by the way was very healthy) I ate 8 cream crackers which were laden thick with butter and 2 of them with peanut butter! What the F is wrong with me!?!?

Right, so today is a new day. I am going to set myself a new challenge, a managable challenge - I have my Caribbean Cruise in February 2013 and I ideally want to lose 3 stone, which although is managable it means having to lose 2lb a week from now until then, which is something not totally achievable for me given my social butterfly status!!!!

Actually things are going to slow down for Mick and I somewhat, having had most of this year jumping from one holiday/break away to the next. Saying that I have a wedding on Friday and we are staying in a hotel overnight, this will be boozy and there will be a buffet which I will be visiting no doubt!!! So I am going to give 2lb per week a go.

Although I am starting today, my official start weight will be Friday. Now ordinarily I would pig out until the day I decided to start again, but I am not this time, I am going to strike while the iron is hot!

Food today:

B - 2 soft boiled eggs, ham and toast (HEB) (1) for L Cow

L - Tuna Pasta Salad (1) for olives and (.5) for ELF mayo

D - HoneyOc's (so glad she's back!) Creamy Prawn and Bacon Pasta (HEA)

Snacks - 2x biscuits from Monacco (not sure of the syns so will say (5) for both), mixed melon, grapes, nectarine, apple

Water - 2 litres

Exercise - none

SYNS - 7.5 (may need updating later)

Last edited:
Hi my name is Charlotte Maria Smith and I am a dirty synner!!!

What is wrong with me, I am in total self destruction mode. Last night I had a non-SW meal, followed by 6 cream crackers with butter and jam, then mick came in from having a drink with his mate with a kfc and got me a malteser milkshake (which, I hasten to add, I asked him to get me!) I went to bed feeling really sick.

The kracken has been released and is hungry and on the prowl. I need to stop him soon.

Seriously I need to nip this **** in the bud, what I don't understand is how it feels so satisfying eating it but that overstuffed feeling is awful, not to mention the self loathing that will come.

This morning, undeterred from last nights binge I also consumed 2 leftover richmond (oh the shame) full fat sausages from my folks BBQ on Sunday. Mum cooks them because my neice and nephew won't eat the nicer sausages and Mick just grabbed a load of leftovers. I didn't want to chuck them, but more than that I wanted to remember what a dirty crappy sausage tasted like - I am ashamed to say it was good.

This needs to end now - I don't want to go on the cruise looking like I do. I have a whole wardrobes worth of clothes packed away that I can't fit into.

I am currently on a packed train to work needing to belch and fart - oh the poor lady next to me... I feel crap.

I have a healthy SW lunch and lots of fruit with me. The time to start again is right now.

End of confession

Oh hunny I know I rarely post on here but your last post just cracked me right up, you're so funny!

Sorry seriously you can do it, I've been there recently and just want to eat (crap usually), perhaps have a really good day and then ruin it at the end by shovelling something into my gob!

I don't know how to get you to stop, perhaps just by owning up on here and then posting your food diary might help (perhaps not!), maybe it's too much for you to aim for and as you don't think you'll get 3 stone off your mind thinks why bother, why don't you literally just aim for 1/2 stone or your next award and try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

We know you can do this and also you will look gorgeous regardless of how much you lose x

Oh hunny I know I rarely post on here but your last post just cracked me right up, you're so funny!

Sorry seriously you can do it, I've been there recently and just want to eat (crap usually), perhaps have a really good day and then ruin it at the end by shovelling something into my gob!

I don't know how to get you to stop, perhaps just by owning up on here and then posting your food diary might help (perhaps not!), maybe it's too much for you to aim for and as you don't think you'll get 3 stone off your mind thinks why bother, why don't you literally just aim for 1/2 stone or your next award and try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

We know you can do this and also you will look gorgeous regardless of how much you lose x

Ah thank you so much for posting that - I do always post my words with tongue firmly in cheek but as you would know, I am serious about needing to change, the thing is I know I need it, I just don't want to do it - there I have said it. I am not fed up with shovelling the food in but I know I have to do it for my health and to look and feel great again. Its just that tip you know, to get me started. I just think I am in a bad frame of mind at the moment. As I type this I am shovelling away a pack of midget gems, having already eaten a packet of McCoys, my healthy lunch, a Heinz soup cup thing and a tomato and chilli swirl roll from tescos.

I need a do over and I need it now.

Anyway, enough about me, how are you doing? Your avatar suggests you are doing great - your piccy is stunning HP, what a lovely happy photo.

x

Thursday 13th September

Ok, a do over today - it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me....and I'm feeling good. Ok so I ripped Ella Fitzgerald off for the words but today that's how I feel.

I nearly missed my train this morning, I left the house at the same time as ever but my over eating recently has obviously made an impact on my walking speed and owes totally to my general sluggishness. I am feeling hopeful that I can turn this thing around. I do have a wedding to attend tomorrow but I will try to make good choices, although I will be drinking!

So food today:

B - 2 LMc sausages (red onion&rosemary - yum)

L - Noodles and Salad (2) for salad cream

D - Bacon Cheese Burger, Chips and Salad (4) for various sauces (tom,mayo,chilli)

Snacks throughout the day - water melon, cantaloupe melon, grapes, banana, apple

Water intake - 2 litres

Exercise - none

Syns for today: 6 so far

Wish me luck! X

Last edited:
Back