Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

yes it is hard...very ...but whoever says its easy is mad !!! yep im a 'lady'......age 56 !! been there done that ......and its never been as hard now to lose weight ...but if i dont do something - i will not be able to climb the stairs for getting out of breath.....but people say to me '' ur fine'....u look ok ......u are who u are .....does this sound familiar ???

well now things have to change.....i hope i can be of some help to u as well....and now i might start to re use the cross trainer i bought last yr which is staring at me in the bedroom.....no clothes have yet been hung on it ha ha ...which is a good sign !!!! theres hope there yet !!! xx

yes it is hard...very ...but whoever says its easy is mad !!! yep im a 'lady'......age 56 !! been there done that ......and its never been as hard now to lose weight ...but if i dont do something - i will not be able to climb the stairs for getting out of breath.....but people say to me '' ur fine'....u look ok ......u are who u are .....does this sound familiar ???

well now things have to change.....i hope i can be of some help to u as well....and now i might start to re use the cross trainer i bought last yr which is staring at me in the bedroom.....no clothes have yet been hung on it ha ha ...which is a good sign !!!! theres hope there yet !!! xx

All of the above sounds familiar!

Ooh I wished I had room for a cross trainer - I hear they make great clothes horses! I have a hula hoop, trampette and a ball, and free weights - the hula hoop is behind the door, the trampette is under the bed, the ball is deflated and the free weights are under my dining room table!

i also have hand weights....which are neatly placed by the crosstr: .....and a little black plastic twister thingy u stand on and twist.....looks really good all lined up....
= slap my bum into action .....ha ha

well gone and done it.....like i said 18st 5 .......and bought a 12 week countdown.....wish me luck....as im wishing u well too x

Good for you lovey. Good luck we can do this. Let me know of you have a food diary or weight loss diary and I wil come and take a peek. X

Tuesday 13th November

Hello, well today I am feeling a little brighter, I had a lovely meal last night after a big battle... I needed to pop to Lakeside as I am going out tonight and wanted to get a top - I always struggle finding casual/going out tops - anyway, after a very disappointing shopping trip (as most of them are) I was wandering around the centre thinking about getting some naughty food in M&S or fast food, they actually have a popcorn stand outside Evans! What are they thinking? You can smell the popcorn as you walk out of the shop, talk about good marketing strategy - location location location!

Anyhoo, I was strong and thought - no, you have dinner lined up at home be good, so I did but the only thing that really stopped me wasn't the fact that I wanted to lose weight, the thing that stopped me was the issue of wasting money on food, when I already have food - I wished my food willpower was that strong.

So clotheswise, I ended up buying a gypsy like top from Indigo in M&S, which is alright I suppose. It will be better when it is less tight around the tummy! I tried it on with my jeans this morning and it looks ok. I also popped into New Look, they have a decent Inspire range in the Gracechurch St branch, I ended up spending £61! I never tried anything on so I would say half, if not all, will go back.

So onto food today:

B - Boiled egg with L Cow Light (part HEA) in a WW petit pain (HEB), with satsuma and Coffee (part HEA)

L - Chicken Pasta Salad (2) chilli sauce

D - Going out to eat tonight - a place called Bodeans, I have been wanting to go there for months and Mick finally surprised me by booking it. I know I won't be on plan tonight, but I will report back on what I ate and drank.

Syns - probably pretty hefty - it is a BBQ joint, so it won't be as bad as it could be if I were going to a pizza place or for an Italian or Indian.

Wednesday 14th November

Well last nights meal was delightful - and naughty, but enough of the naughty - I am going to take last night as what is was meant to be....a wonderful evening with my man. I had a cocktail on arrival, a fruit and nut martini - it was lovely and I gulped it down a little too quickly! I never had anymore to drink other than a can of diet pepsi. We shared a starter which was bbq chicken wings, we had three each - they were huge, more like pterodactyl wings! For mains I had Burnt Ends and Ribs, which arrived with fries and coleslaw. I managed the ribs and half the chips but only managed some of the burnt ends, Mick helpfully finished the leftovers off for me. I do hate to be beaten by a meal! When we got home we cracked open a bag of peanut M&Ms and finished those, also a bag of Minstrels, ate half of those and I also had 8 thorntons chocolates - phew, I am glad that lot is off my chest! I felt so sick when I went to bed. That is it, that is the last blow out I have.. . . .

So on the menu today:

B - 1 boiled egg with 1 L Cow Light (part HEA) and onion marmalade in a WW petit pain. Coffee with milk (part HEA)

image-2710419505.jpg

L - Chicken breast with 2 min rice (2.5) and salad (2) salad cream

D - Leftover Bubble and Squeak with Gammon and 1 fried egg and pickled onions and branston pickle (3)

Snacks - Yoo yog (2), banana, satsuma, apple, mango

Syns - 9.5

Last edited:
*RING RING, RING RING* Me: Hello? Voice of reason: WAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Ok, that is my wake up call - I have put on the 2lbs I lost last week. I need to stop. I need to change. I have 14 weeks to go until my holiday. Even if I only lose a pound a week, I could be a stone lighter and in the 16s. That is my new aim. An easy peasy aim. I can do this.

Mick wants to lose the same. We can both do this.

Problem 1: Tonight - we are round a friends for "takeaway night" which was organised a month or two ago.
Problem 1 resolved: I am going to drive. This will stop me from drinking. My friend who is a WWer has decided to go (thankfully) for a kebab. This is going to be my takeaway choice too, so I will go for a chicken and lamb shish kebab and just syn the pitta.

Problem 2: Tomorrow night - we are away for the night to visit friends. Nights away from home make me, for some reason, out of all food/drink control. I can't stop myself.
Problem 2 resolved: We booked the hotel before my epithany (this morning at 7:30am approximately when on the scales), we cannot cancel, if we could cancel I would drive to Bishops Stortford, then drive home again - alas we can't as we would be wasting £70 on a room for the night. I will therefore be drinking, but I will be drinking rum and diet coke, not my usual wine. Food wise, Mick and I are going to try and steer our friends into a Nandos or a BBQ grill place, this should make good choices easier to make.

WISH ME LUCK!

Friday 16th November

B - WW petit pain (HEB), ham and laughing cow light (part HEA), cappucino made with skimmed milk (part HEA)

L - Chicken Salad (1) for salad cream, roast chicken mugshot

D - Chicken / Lamb Kebab salad and pitta bread (?)

Syns - not sure but go for 15.

hells2012sw said:
Good luck Charley, I'm with you on the kick up the bum, I'm just plodding along slowly ATM and am way behind where I wanted to be!

Good plan for the weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Hun! I hope you had a good SW weekend!

Hey where are you? Just got back off holiday and you haven't been on all week. Hope all's okay and you had fun at the weekend, don't worry if your plan didn't happen, you can get back to it now.. Lets do it together x

Hello all

As you can see I have not updated my diary for a couple of weeks. I haven't been bothered to be honest, thats not to say I have been totally off the wagon for the whole two weeks. The first week I lost a fabbo 4lbs, this week I gained a monsterous 3lbs! So really I have just maintained!

I was so so good last week and so so bad this week. Although, despite being bad, I made it to the gym twice this week - I decided that my foot was sufficiently healed (heeled ha ha!) to start working out on it again - a small mistake as it is really hurting again! I am more than a little peed off about it. The only actual form of exercise that this leaves me with is swimming - which is crapo esp in this weather, mind you I looked in on the pool while I was at my gym the other morning and it was empty - so thats a bonus. I will start swimming again on Monday.

This weekend I can be good all weekend as we have nothing much planned. Mick has his theory test tomorrow morning, then he is at football so that will leave me to get the shopping in and do some chrimbo decoration shopping (SO EXCITED!). Then on Sunday we are going to put the decs up. So I can defo stay on track for that.

I need to come back here now and deal with things. I am today wearing my size 18 jeans. The size 20 ones I have been wearing have had it and they are really saggy round the bum and thighs. I feel great about getting into them but boy are they tight on my tummy!!!!

So today:

B - WM Pitta (HEB) with scrambled egg and ham

L - Meaty picnic. Well not quite a picnic, but it occurs to me that I am having a pretty Red day. So I will get me some ham, chicken and maybe some prawns or something with some salad.

D - Fajitas. I know they are bad but I am going to limit myself to 3 tortillas (21) and have lots of peppers and mush and onion in with the chicken and cheese (HEAx2) and no guacamole or sour cream.

Snacks - Satsuma, apple, mango, pomegranate, HIFI bar (HEB)

Syns - 21 (out of 105)
Syns remaining for the week - 84

Exercise - none (resting my poor ankle/heel)
FIGHT FOR TODAY - DO NOT SNACK AFTER DINNER (RESOLVE THIS BY BUYING GRAPES/BANANA)

Hi Charley, I hope you don't mind me popping in. I was just having a quick read through your diary, it makes a very interesting read and your menus are really inspiring. Congrats on the jeans hun xxx

Hi CharleyBarley! Noticed you were a bit quiet, hope all's well?
:bighug:

Hey all ... I am sloping in after a massive absence... This time I am making no promises or challenges to myself. After a month of being good one day and bingeing the next - I have gained some. But it all starts again, right here. I have thrown out the pate and the cake, the biscuits and the cheeses. I started off really well today, but tonight we had Christmas pud and cream! Why oh why. Anyhoo, so today was semi successful and I will write down what I have eaten. I don't know the syns but will write down my eats. I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and I wish everyone a very Happy and Healthy New Year.

B- 2 LMc saus and half a tin of beans

L- WW petit pain (HEB) with grated cheese (HEA) and HM coleslaw (1) light mayo and a bowl of HM squash soup

D-Prawn and Noodle stir fry (4) for tbsp oyster and tbsp of sweet chilli.

Snacks- yog (2), apple, satsuma, micro plain popcorn

Naughties - Xmas pud with flavoured cream !!!!!! The damage is done now and the rest of the pud and cream is in the bin where it belongs.

I received a popcorn maker of Christmas, it is the best! You just add plain corn kernels and put the lid on and shove it in the microwave for 2.5 mins - it's great! I am going to invest in some malt salt and bacon salt to shake over! As you know we love going to the cinema and I love popcorn so this popcorn maker is perhaps my best Xmas pressie ever...aside from the year I got a talking cabbage patch doll!!

I have also put my name down for dryathlon - I am going tee total for January for Cancer Research - esshhk!

We have 7 weeks and 2 days until our cruise And while i am so excited I am also pretty annoyed that I never lost ANY of the weight I intended to. I have gone down and then gone up, then down and up (repeat x3) right now i am up - sky high. Still I am not a regretful sort and I will at least try and get some off before I go.

I hope my lovely friends are still around, I need to go onto your posts to catch up.

Xxxxxx

Back