Charleybarley's last attempt - 90lbs to lose

Hiya - my diary is 'claire bear's shrinking mission' in the wemitts section. Feel free to come over :)

Mmmmmm bread and butter. Once you start..... my weakness right now is a past, butter and marmalade. i could literally get through a whole Loaf!!

Well done on signing up for Ww! Have you done it before? What made you go for that plan? Good luck !!! Look forward to hearing how you get on xx

Hey I found your diary love, how well did you do before you fell pregnant?! You can do it again, these things take time to get into, especially when another human comes into your life and changes it 100% - it's a complete change of gear, having a baby, she is now the centre of your world, as she should be. You will find your pattern, just don't beat yourself up in the meantime.

I have done WW before - I loved it ...and then I missed SW and got bored of weighing out chip allowance and stuff. I know I am going to probably miss aspects of SW as much as when I am on SW I miss WW!!!

You will find this with me. I can't stick to one or the other.... i cheat regardless!!!

I like it because for the same reason I don't like it () its controlling portions- its close enough to cc-ing but easier to navigate. I just hope I don't fall into the habit of eating too much prepped foods. So much easier the point than creating from scratch.
X

Bread and butter for me too....and I make amazing sourdough bread. Its just too tempting so my sourdough starter is now asleep in the fridge.

Is it online WW or a weekly group.

Ooh sourdough- I have never made it but EAT do a sourdour marmite and cheese toast or, which I could eat everyday!!! It's not as straightforward as making regular bread is it?

I am doing it online - I don't like going to classes if I can help it.

X

Onto more lighthearted things, like my diet - that has been very lighthearted over the weekend to say the least - so all my blustering about planning and only being naughty for one meal - pah! I drank my body weight in wine - despite me saying I am going to stop drinking the stuff, ate my way through a massive cup of pic n mix from Wilkos, has white bloomer bread with butter (oh the shame!). I have been rather active, we were working on the house most of yesterday and also my meals have been fairly good. But I always relax over the weekend and undo the good from the week. I need to stop the cycle!

I'm the same, love wine and enjoy more than my fair share of it :). There's always an excuse here - the sun is shining; or friends come over; or it's a Tuesday :D. If you find the answer, let me know! :)

OMG! I just subscribed to 3 months of weight watchers

Woohoo good luck! I tried it briefly but was too in the SW way of thinking, so only went once - but i know many people have great success with it, and I'm sure you will too!

Now, back to sour dough - my fav is toasted, with lashings of butter and marmite mmmm :D

Yep, if it takes 24 hours to make a loaf of bread then you feel obliged to eat it as extragevantly as you

Tuesday 6th June - day 1 of WW

Well I have had a successful day, I will post pics later on this evening.

B - Skinny Sausage, Boiled Egg and Tomato - 3
L - Tuna Sandwich with big salad and avocado and a yogurt - 14
S - Houmous and Pitta - 9
D - 2 x Thai Salmon and Prawn Fishcakes, salad and mayo - 19
Others: 1/4 pint of milk for coffees and tea splashes through the day - 2.

So the houmous and pitta weren't planned, but at 4:30ish I was peckish, I know we won't be eating until 8pm - so I went and grabbed it from our grab and go station at work. Its taken me a little over today, but I am still within points as it has come out of my weekly allowance. So with SmartPoints you get an amount per day (this depends on what you weigh and it goes down as your weight does) in my case 41 sp per day and you also get a buffer allowance of 42 to use how you want over the week. I will mainly use these on a weekend for treat meals and booze.

Also, I have connected my FitBit to the WW app and it gives you points for your activity levels. I know I walk approximately 9 - 10k per day during the week, which is just getting to and from work. I have opted not to use the active points for food at the minute, I though as my weight goes down (please God I can stick to this) then I will want to use them. At the moment i don't need to use them.

All in all I have used 47 points today.

I hope everyone else's day has been full of good food, love, laughter and joy (yes I am ignoring the soaking i got from the rain this morning and looking at it as a good watering for my garden!)

Ooh sourdough- I have never made it but EAT do a sourdour marmite and cheese toast or, which I could eat everyday!!! It's not as straightforward as making regular bread is it?

I am doing it online - I don't like going to classes if I can help it.

X

PS - I have totally added a sourdough marmite and cheese toastie to my meal plan this week - I am loving WW right now!!!!!

x

So dinner tonight:

IMG_0776.JPG

And lunch:

IMG_0775.JPG

And ended the day on just over 10k steps.

Xx

Attachments

• IMG_0777.PNG
    IMG_0777.PNG
    484.6 KB · Views: 10
yay for WW. I did vintage points about 10 years ago and was really successful. I agree its as close to CCing as possible, but I think it pushes you to have more veg and salad as they are 0 points. I also loved that it let you eat whatever you wanted, just within reason.

Measuring is annoying, but it does become part of your routine.

Excited for you - especially as you food looks so yummy

That's sounds like a really good day

Thanks Tipps, it was a lovely food day, of course I had the "first day of diet" excitements, you know planning what I can NOW have - I am hoping I can keep this up for as long as possible.

yay for WW. I did vintage points about 10 years ago and was really successful. I agree its as close to CCing as possible, but I think it pushes you to have more veg and salad as they are 0 points. I also loved that it let you eat whatever you wanted, just within reason.

Measuring is annoying, but it does become part of your routine.

Excited for you - especially as you food looks so yummy

Hi Buffy,

I do hope I keep up with my veg and fruit intake, I am very good at eating my 5+ a day, I think years of being on again off again with SW it has ingrained with me to have some veg on my plate of some description. Also, I can get skin breakouts and I am a firm believer of eating the right veggies/fruit will make your body inside and out healthy....even though I do still overeat, I always have my greens with it!

I do find measuring tedious, but I love the WW app, its so modern, I used it when I popped into Tesco today, love the scanner!

Thanks!
C x

Wednesday 7th June

Hi all

Wow, didn't it rain last night? I thought our conservatory was going to collapse under the strain of the rain, still the garden got a good soaking! I have so far had a nice filling food day (although it is only 3pm!) I feel like I have been naughty, but all within points. So on the menu today:

L - Chicken Sandwich with Primula Light Spread, Crisps and some peppers - 17
D - Chinese Style Prawn and Mushroom Curry - using Mayflower Curry Sauce and Uncle Ben's Pouch Rice - 18
S - throughout the day, satsuma, apples x2, Kremas Yog - 3

Points used 41

I need to do a WW related shop. I have been using up my SW type things, yogurt is fairly pointy on WW, so I have been making my way through those - we will go to Morrys and Aldis on Friday night after work to stock up on WW stuff. I am kind of excited to have different things. Last night was such a joy to just shove two fishcakes in the oven for 25 minutes..... Must remind myself that just because I can use my points for bad stuff, doesn't mean I need to all the time. I have an amazing Saturday night meal planned! PIZZA AND A WHOLE BOTTLE OF WHITE WINE - all within points. I am so very excited about that!!!!

Food pics to come tonight after din dins.

x

IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0780.JPG
The creamy stuff in the container is the leftover primula light which I dipped my crisps - ooh it were handsome!!!

Another good day done - I even came home and painted a radiator!

Xx

Thursday 8th June

Hi all

So today has been ok, foodwise its going amazingly, but physically I feel a bit rubbish, I have a sicky/dizzy/headachey feeling - its the kind I sometimes used to get with my periods, but I am not on the constant mini pill and I don't really have them much anymore, every now and then I get the cramps, but hardly at all...maybe its that?

So weigh in tomorrow, I am not sure what it is going to be like, I only started WW on Monday and I know that last Friday I was naughty and had a chinese and I think I ate normally over the weekend, but not SW normal - so its been a mixed bag over the last 7 days, I would love a little loss, but I am feeling like a STS or gain today - not sure why...maybe because I had a b!tching lunch all within points and I felt like a bloater afterwards..... we will see tomorrow I guess...

So food today:

L - Ham, Cheese and Dijon Mustard - 17
S - Guilt Free BBQ wholegrain snacks - 4
D - Gammon Steak, Baked Potato - 11
S - Apples x2 oh and milk splashes for 2 coffees - 2

So 4 to use, but that will be on butter and sauce for dinner.

I will send pics of all mains meals after tea tonight.

I hope everyone is ok and happy today :watermelon:
xx

Not good to hear you're not feeling well hun! I wonder if it's just your body getting used to a new way of eating?

I like your food - but think there's room in there for more veg, isn't there - especially of the leafy green variety :).

Good luck for WI x

Maybe your head is groggy with the weather, or as Lady said it could be the food adjustment.
Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow.

IMG_0800.JPG IMG_0801.JPG IMG_0802.JPG

Maybe your head is groggy with the weather, or as Lady said it could be the food adjustment.
Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow.

I am beginning to wonder if its work! I felt fine...until I got in to work, I must be allergic! Seriously though, I have been unwell with sinusitis and although I am much better now, the headachey feeling feels sinus-y. Someone else mentioned the weather, it was very dull but muggy here in London yesterday, I think that has a lot to do with it

Not good to hear you're not feeling well hun! I wonder if it's just your body getting used to a new way of eating?

I like your food - but think there's room in there for more veg, isn't there - especially of the leafy green variety :).

Good luck for WI x

It might be Susie, I am eating somewhat differently, not hugely though. You are right, while I do eat a lot of veg/fruit, its mainly colourful salad, I don't have many leafy greens and probably only cook with veg once or twice a week. I guess I prefer the raw veg over the cooked stuff. I should eat more greens though - the only leaf i have is romaine lettuce. I used to eat baby spinach as my lettuce but Mick won't eat it in his salad, so I would always get him an iceberg lettuce and then I would end up chucking most of it and I really hate waste. We have found a compromise in Romaine! He is a nightmare for veg and salad if I don't put it on his plate he won't have it! Right, duly noted I have put kale and baby spinach on the shopping list!
Thank you!
xxx

Back