Charliemm's Extra Easy Food Diary

Hi Charlie
Looking thru your diaries, we have very similar tastes in food/meals/snacks & ref eating too much, no I dont think you are, but can see why you've cut down......eat when you're hungry & not for the sake of it! I will have a read of the article you posted in your blog later as Im sure it will be an interesting read.
Last year I got to target of 8st 7lbs & felt fabulous,(it took 38 weeks to lose the 38lbs I needed to lose), but had a slipped disc in my neck that required a surgeon to slice my neck in half & operate lol!!! Got lazy & put weight on again & here I am again!
What Im saying is, ref the intake of food, once I started cycling & got nice & toned, I did increase my food intake within my Syns/sometimes over, as it was definatly needed as I was burning a lot of calories. So, just go by how you feel, if you're hungry eat, if you're not, dont eat! x

kim63 said:
Hi Charlie
Looking thru your diaries, we have very similar tastes in food/meals/snacks & ref eating too much, no I dont think you are, but can see why you've cut down......eat when you're hungry & not for the sake of it! I will have a read of the article you posted in your blog later as Im sure it will be an interesting read.
Last year I got to target of 8st 7lbs & felt fabulous,(it took 38 weeks to lose the 38lbs I needed to lose), but had a slipped disc in my neck that required a surgeon to slice my neck in half & operate lol!!! Got lazy & put weight on again & here I am again!
What Im saying is, ref the intake of food, once I started cycling & got nice & toned, I did increase my food intake within my Syns/sometimes over, as it was definatly needed as I was burning a lot of calories. So, just go by how you feel, if you're hungry eat, if you're not, dont eat! x

Oh gosh, can't say a blame you after an operation like that! And yes, I definitely agree to go by whether I'm hungry or not - I'm an absolute cow when I'm hungry so I'd never be able to starve myself! I've started running at least 3 times a week, so will increase my food accordingly as I'm sure I'll develop more of an appetite anyway!

Thanks for your reply :) xx

Oh gosh, can't say a blame you after an operation like that! And yes, I definitely agree to go by whether I'm hungry or not - I'm an absolute cow when I'm hungry so I'd never be able to starve myself! I've started running at least 3 times a week, so will increase my food accordingly as I'm sure I'll develop more of an appetite anyway!

Thanks for your reply :) xx

Yikes, good luck with the running! I used to do a lot of running when I was younger, but the knees gave way (which happens with most runners I think as its so high impact & DH has given up for the same reason!) We've both taken up road cycling & have truely been bitten by the bug, it seems to be the sport for the over 40's!!! I've always been 'sporty', but just have this problem of liking food too much & being vertically challenged, every pound shows!!!
Haha, I tend to 'moo' a lot when Im hungry as well....its the drop in blood sugar. Just have some slow release carb food before you exercise, which you are with your porridge, & prepare for 'hitting the wall', its a b***h!!! :) x

kim63 said:
Yikes, good luck with the running! I used to do a lot of running when I was younger, but the knees gave way (which happens with most runners I think as its so high impact & DH has given up for the same reason!) We've both taken up road cycling & have truely been bitten by the bug, it seems to be the sport for the over 40's!!! I've always been 'sporty', but just have this problem of liking food too much & being vertically challenged, every pound shows!!!
Haha, I tend to 'moo' a lot when Im hungry as well....its the drop in blood sugar. Just have some slow release carb food before you exercise, which you are with your porridge, & prepare for 'hitting the wall', its a b***h!!! :) x

My OH and I have tried cycling but it always ends in disaster! When we've got a proper kit sorted (eg tyre repair kit!) we're hitting the road again :)

I have literally never been sporty, but I've definitely been converted-the pros certainly outweigh the cons! What do you mean about 'hitting the wall'? X

Tues 6th March

Breakfast:
28g porridge (HEB) made with milk (HEA) and water with banana and summer fruits (1/3SF)

Snack:
Ryvita (HEB) with fat free cottage cheese
Cadbury Choc eclair 1.5
Cadburys roses 2.5

Lunch:
Chicken tikka salad (1/3SF)
Mullerlight mint

Dinner:
Chilli (1/3SF) with rice

Supper:
2 x mini choc cupcakes 1
Treat size fudge bar 3

Drinks:
2 x Tea with milk (HEA)
Orange squash
Black coffee
330ml can diet coke
250ml can diet red bull

Total: 8

Exercise: 5km run

I did super well with the not eating unless hungry thing, definitely a change for the better. Struggling to fit my syns in though, so have snuck them in with my snacks :)

charliemm said:
My OH and I have tried cycling but it always ends in disaster! When we've got a proper kit sorted (eg tyre repair kit!) we're hitting the road again :)

I have literally never been sporty, but I've definitely been converted-the pros certainly outweigh the cons! What do you mean about 'hitting the wall'? X

'Hitting the wall' is term used when you've depleted your glycogen stores & you have absolutely no energy .....if you havent eaten correctly .eg slow release carbs before a long run/long cycle ride, you will soon know it. You can take carbs drinks/gels with you when you increase your miles, but you will be ok on 5k runs, just stay hydrated

Ah I see! I usually take a runners water bottle with me as my mouth gets so dry (I tend to breathe through both my nose and my mouth) anyways. These tips are great - thanks! X

charliemm said:
Ah I see! I usually take a runners water bottle with me as my mouth gets so dry (I tend to breathe through both my nose and my mouth) anyways. These tips are great - thanks! X

I'm no expert but glad to help out with any snippets of advice x

Weds 7th March

Breakfast:
28g porridge (HEB) made with water and fat free natural yogurt with banana and summer fruits (1/3SF)

Snack:
Ryvita with fat free cottage cheese
Cadburys roses 2.5
Rich tea biscuit 2

Lunch:
Spicy couscous salad (1/3SF)
Mullerlight banana and custard

Snack:
Grapes

Dinner:
Chicken drumsticks (diet coke recipe) with slimming world chips, mushy peas and green beans (1/3SF)

Supper:
2 x mini choc cupcakes 1
Treat size curly wurly 3
Cadbury's chocolate eclair 1

Drinks:
4 x Tea with milk from (HEA)
Lots of orange squash

Total:

Exercise: 5km run, 1 hour Pilates class

Bit of a hungry day today, but I was very good and only ate when I was hungry!

Thurs 8th March

Breakfast:
2 x slices wholemeal bread fried in egg, with banana, summer fruits and cinnamon (1/3SF)

Lunch:
Mullerlight mint Choc

Snack:
Pear
Velvet crunch crisps 4

Dinner:
Diet coke recipe chicken drumsticks with slimming world chips, mushy peas and green beans (1/3SF)

Snack:
Treat size buttons 4
Hot choc 2

Drinks:
Tea with milk from HEA
Coffee with milk from HEA
Orange squash
Diet coke
Diet red bull

Total: 10

Brilliant day today, am really getting the hang of this eating when hungry thing. Starting to feel less hungry in between meals as well :)

charliemm said:
Thurs 8th March

Breakfast:
2 x slices wholemeal bread fried in egg, with banana, summer fruits and cinnamon (1/3SF)

Lunch:
Mullerlight mint Choc

Snack:
Pear
Velvet crunch crisps 4

Dinner:
Diet coke recipe chicken drumsticks with slimming world chips, mushy peas and green beans (1/3SF)

Snack:
Treat size buttons 4
Hot choc 2

Drinks:
Tea with milk from HEA
Orange squash
Diet coke
Diet red bull

Brilliant day today, am really getting the hang of this eating when hungry thing. Starting to feel less hungry in between meals as well :)

Well done Charlie, its quite empowering I think when the food doesn't control us......sorry that sounds a bit deep lol! x

No, I absolutely agree. Before, all I could think about was eating and now it's not as important. I enjoy eating a lot more as well :)

Friday 9th March

Breakfast:
Egg and cinnamon fried Wholemeal bread (HEB) with summer fruits and banana (1/3SF)

Snack:
Pear
2 x choc eclairs 3

Dinner:
Chicken tikka and spicy couscous salad (1/3SF)
Mullerlight

Snack:
Apple
Rich tea biscuit 2

Dinner:
Chicken stir fry with noodles (1/3SF)

Supper:
Choc 3

Drinks:
Squash
Tea with milk (HEA)
Coffee with milk (HEA)
Diet red bull
Hot choc 2

Exercise: 5.3km run

Bit of a sweet tooth today - something that fruit would just not cure! Also, I really enjoyed my run - pushed myself hard and managed it without a stop (even uphill) and the sun was shining! Weigh in tomorrow morning.

Sat 10th March

Breakfast:
Pear (before run)
Banana, summer fruits and fat free natural yogurt with nutmeg and sweetener (1/3SF)

Lunch:
Gammon steak, jacket potato, fried egg and peas

Dinner:
Chicken tikka salad sandwich made with 2 x Wholemeal slices (HEB) (1/3SF)
Cheese (HEA)
Mullerlight

Snack:
Apple

Drinks:
Tea with milk (HEA)
Coffee with milk (HEA)
Squash
1/2 bottle rose wine 12.5
Diet coke
Sugar free monster
3 x spirits 9

Total: 21.5

Exercise: 5km run and lots of dancing!

The wine went down a treat but decided (without friend's influence) to have a couple of extra drinks in town. Only 6.5 syns over and I know I'm well within my weekly allowance so still feeling good. Wasn't drunk in the slightest so hopefully proved to friend that having a good time isn't about getting wasted!

Sunday 11th March

Breakfast:
Banana (SF)
Lean bacon, baked beans, 2 x wholemeal toast (HEB), mushrooms (SF), fried egg , 2 x quorn sausages 2

Snack:
Wafer thin ham and 14g cheese (HEA)

Dinner:
Roast pork, roast potatoes, veg (1/3 SF) with stock gravy
Crackling 6?
Meringue with strawberries and fat free natural yogurt 4
2 x tbsp trifle approx 3

Drinks:
Tea with milk (HEA)
Squash
Sugar free Monster
Diet coke

Total:

Was unsure about the crackling, didn't have a lot so based on 28g=7.5 I've guesstimated around 6 syns to be on the safe side

Feeling so bloated and full, hope I haven't overdone it even though I've not gone over my syns! Will see tomorrow :p

Monday 12th March

Breakfast:
28g porridge (HEB) made with water and splash milk (HEA) with banana and summer fruits (1/3SF)

Snack:
Wholegrain crackerbread (HEB) with 14g cheese (HEA) and wafer thin ham
1 x Cadburys roses 2.5

Lunch:
Chicken tikka salad (1/3 SF)
Mulllerlight banana and custard

Snack:
Apple (SF)
1 x cadbury chocolate eclair 1.5

Dinner:
Cottage pie with broccoli (1/3SF)

Supper:
1 x treat size curly wurly 3

Drinks:
Squash
Tea with milk from HEA

Total: 7

Tues 13th March

Breakfast:
28g porridge made with water and splash milk (HEA) with banana and summer fruits (1/3 SF)

Snack:
Apple (SF)

Lunch:
Wafer thin ham salad (1/3SF)
Mullerlight mint Choc
1 x Cadburys roses 2.5

Snack:
1 x Ryvita wholegrain crackerbread with wafer thin ham and 14g cheese (HEA)

Dinner:
Cottage pie and broccoli

Supper:
Treat size chomp 3

Drinks:
Squash
Tea/coffee with milk from HEA
Diet coke
Sugar free monster
Hot Choc 2

Total: 7.5

Exercise: 5km run

Just popping by to subscribe :) x

Weds 14th March

Breakfast:
28g porridge (HEB) made with water and splash milk (HEA) with banana and summer fruits (1/3SF)

Snack:
Apple
Choc flapjack approx 13.5

Lunch:
Wafer thin ham salad (1/3SF)
Mullerlight vanilla Choc
1 x Chocolate eclair 1.5

Snack:
Ryvita whole grain crackerbread (HEB) with 2 x laughing cow light triangles (HEA) and wafer thin ham

Dinner:
Chicken and spinach curry with rice (1/3SF)

Supper:
Apple SF
Wafer thin ham

Drinks:
Squash
Tea/coffee with milk (HEA)
Diet coke

Total: 15

Exercise: 5km run, 1 hour Pilates class

I think I have over-synned the flapjack as it was a rather small piece but homemade by a lady at work so couldn't weigh it. Better to be safe than sorry!

Back