Charliemm's Extra Easy Food Diary

Hi There Charliemm

Just wanted to let you know you've inspired me to get back on the wagon. I've hauled my butt directly onto it and am staying firmly planted!

I used to go to SW classes in the UK but moved to Canada 5 years ago so no classes here - you are my inspiration and virtual consultant lady!!

:) 2 weeks in and I *think* I'm 3 lbs down. Not a huge amount to lose but really want to do it the healthy way and for me that's SW - I have TOO MANY treats on WW.

Anyway, that's me! TTYS.

PrincessBluebell said:
Hi There Charliemm

Just wanted to let you know you've inspired me to get back on the wagon. I've hauled my butt directly onto it and am staying firmly planted!

I used to go to SW classes in the UK but moved to Canada 5 years ago so no classes here - you are my inspiration and virtual consultant lady!!

:) 2 weeks in and I *think* I'm 3 lbs down. Not a huge amount to lose but really want to do it the healthy way and for me that's SW - I have TOO MANY treats on WW.

Anyway, that's me! TTYS.

Hi there! Good to know what my food diary is useful to someone :) I've had a really good few week and stayed on plan 100% and it really shows in my losses. I'll be more than happy to help you out!

Thurs 15th March

Breakfast:
28g porridge HEB made with water and splash milk HEA with banana and summer fruits 1/3SF

Snack:
Apple SF

Lunch:
Tuna salad 1/3SF
Mullerlight banana custard
4 x cadburys heroes 10

Snack:
Ryvita whole grain crackerbread HEB with 2 x laughing cow light triangles HEA and wafer thin ham

Dinner:
Spinach and chicken curry with rice 1/3SF

Supper:
Red velvet brownie 3
Wafer thin ham

Drinks:
Squash
Tea/coffee with milk HEA
Diet energy drink
Diet coke

Total: 13

Exercise: 4km run and 15 mins weights/pilates

Really craving chocolate today (hence the Heroes - they were the only chocolate I could scavenge from the classroom cupboard!) but managed to stay within my syns!

The red velvet brownies are delicious, there is a post for them somewhere in the recipes thread, except I used 5 x wholemeal ryvita instead of scan bran. Can't wait to have one tomorrow evening with a hot chocolate :)

Food sounds yummy as always. Have become slightly addicted to chicken salad at lunchtime after reading the chicken tikka salad that you'd been having.

Also stopped at M&M's last night (like Iceland in England) and pickedup 3 bags of pre-roasted mediterranean veggies. YUMMO!

Have a great weekend. It's glorious weather (unseasonably warm) here so I'm outdoor running instead of in the basement on the treadmill :) Can't wait!!!

BTW - what's the minimum allowable BMI for 5'6"? I want that holy grail!!!

Also, hats off to you with the willpower on stopping withthe chos - once I start, it's a downward spiral!! It's Lent so I've given up the choccies!

PrincessBluebell said:
Food sounds yummy as always. Have become slightly addicted to chicken salad at lunchtime after reading the chicken tikka salad that you'd been having.

Also stopped at M&M's last night (like Iceland in England) and pickedup 3 bags of pre-roasted mediterranean veggies. YUMMO!

Have a great weekend. It's glorious weather (unseasonably warm) here so I'm outdoor running instead of in the basement on the treadmill :) Can't wait!!!

I love salad anyway, but I also love chicken tikka so the both combined is an ideal lunch for me! Glad I've given you some meal ideas :)

You need to be careful with the pre roasted veggies - chances are they won't be syn free as they have probably been roasted in oil. I would check the syn values if I were you, to be on the safe side.

It's miserable cold weather here and can't bring myself to leave the house for a run. Wish I had a treadmill - we've been looking into buying one for a while. Might do some Pilates or strength exercises later instead!

Friday 16th March

Breakfast:
28g porridge HEB made with water and splash milk HEA with banana and summer fruits 1/3SF

Snack:
Apple SF
1 x cadburys roses 2.5

Lunch:
Tuna salad 1/3SF
Mullerlight mint choc
2 x cadburys chocolate eclair 3

Snack:
1 x ryvita wholemeal crackerbread HEB with wafer thin ham and 2 x laughing cow light triangles HEA
1 x rich tea biscuit 2

Dinner:
SW friendly lasagne with broccoli 1/3SF and 1/4oz cheddar cheese 1.5

Supper:
Red velvet brownie 2.5
2 x morning coffee biscuits 2

Drinks:
Tea/coffee with milk HEA
Squash
Diet coke
Diet energy drink

Total: 13.5

Woohoo! Despite my need for chocolate over the past few days - I have obviously managed to keep it under control as I've lost another 1.25lbs. I am very pleased with this as I wasn't expecting to lose this much so close to target. It just goes to show that sticking to plan and a regular exercise routine does work!

Off to treat myself to a fancy treadmill later - so that I have no excuse not to go for a run every day (this is my end goal - to do at least 5km a day). I have been saving since I graduated university for a treadmill and a holiday!

Congrats on the loss, ooh a treadmill sounds great no more running outside! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Congrats on the loss, ooh a treadmill sounds great no more running outside! X

Thank you :)

It was bucketing it down this afternoon, but thanks for my new purchase, I still ran 5km in my garage!

Sat 17th March

Breakfast:
Summer fruits and banana with natural yogurt (1/3SF)
Apple (SF)

Snack:
1 x Malted milk biscuit (2)

Lunch:
2 x Wholemeal slices (HEB) with wafer thin ham, 2 x laughing cow light (HEA) and salad (1/3SF)
Mullerlight
1 x chocolate eclair (1.5)

Snack:
Apple (SF)

Dinner:
SW lasagne and broccoli (1/3SF) with 1/4oz cheddar cheese (1.5)
1 x chocolate eclair (1.5)

Supper:
Red velvet brownie (2.5) with 2 tbsp low fat custard (1)

Drinks:
Tea/coffee with milk HEA
Diet coke
Squash

Total: 10

Exercise: 5km run on my new treadmill :)

OH MY GOD, the brownie and custard combination was DIVINE! It felt like I was having a real pudding - and I savoured every last mouthful. Very hard to believe it was only 3.5 syns altogether!

Sunday 18th March

Brunch:
Lean bacon, beans, fried egg, mushrooms (SF), 1 x wholemeal bread (HEB)
2 x Quorn sausage (2)

Snack:
1 x brownie muffin (1.5)

Dinner:
Roast chicken, roast potatoes, bacon, broccoli, carrots and sweet corn
100g cauliflower cheese (3)
8 x tbsp gravy (2)

Supper:
SW banana and strawberry trifle (2)

Drinks:
Diet coke
Diet energy drink
Squash
Tea/coffee with milk (HEA)
175ml low alcohol wine (2)

Total: 12.5

Exercise: 5km run

Am really happy that I stayed within my syns despite all of the temptation that comes in the form of a family roast dinner! So glad I made SW recipe trifle so I wasn't tempted by the chocolate cake - it was divine, I ate it so slowly - I wanted it to last forever!

Super lodged though - definitely over-ate on all the free food at dinner - SW roast potatoes, chicken etc.

Brownie muffin at 1.5 syns please tell me more!! X

I've attached a picture of my slimming world strawberry and banana trifles at 2 syns each. They really are worth making - they are super tasty! I modified a recipe I got in one of the magazines:

Makes 4 servings:

23g sachet Hartley's sugar free raspberry jelly
1 x pot mullerlight banana and custard
8 tbsp low fat custard (1 syn per 2 tbsp)
Fat free natural yogurt
1 x banana
Handful of strawberries
4 x sponge fingers (1 syns each)

Break up the sponge fingers and place one in each dish
Layer chopped strawberries and banana on top
Make the jelly as per instructions and fill the dishes leaving a centimetre or so room on top
Leave in fridge to set
When set, layer 2 tbsp low fat custard on each dish
Spoon mullerlight on top of the custard on each dish
Add dollop of natural yogurt to each dish
Top with half a strawberry

And hey presto! You have 4 gorgeous trifles at a measly 2 syns each! I sprinkled 1 tsp Green & Blacks cocoa powder over mine - it worked out at 0.5 syn for the teaspoon so negligible once divided between the dishes.

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 38
Brownie muffin at 1.5 syns please tell me more!! X

They are the red velvet brownies from the slimming world recipes thread, but I modified it to use ryvita. Recipe as follows (I made about 20 mini muffins):

160g cooked beetroot
4 eggs
10 tbsp sweetener
6 tbsp cocoa powder (I used Green & Blacks, and using the NTs it worked out as 9 syns for the lot)
Few drops vanilla essence
10 x wholegrain ryvita (15 syns)

Chuck the beetroot, eggs, cocoa powder, sweetener, essence in a blender and blend to a puree.
Crush the ryvita and pour some boiling water over, and mash
Add the mashed ryvita to the blender and blend some more
Put mixture in microwaveable dish (I used a silicon mini muffin tray) and cook for 8 mins on high

Hey presto! Gorgeous mini muffins! It actually works out at around 1.2 syns per muffin but I round this up to 1.5 to be safe, but would usually have 2 at a time for 2.5 syns! They are delicious with 2 tbsp low fat custard for an extra 1 syn!

P.S. I have tried cooking them in the oven but they take AGES and are still a little soggy on the bottom - I will definitely stick to microwaving them!

Attached a pic from my latest batch :)

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 76
They do look nice, sadly I don't have a proper blender just a cheap stick ones that's ok for soup but not sure would trust it to not get wierd beet root chunks in my cake :-( I hate beet root though have heard it makes cakes nice and moist hmm! X

They do look nice, sadly I don't have a proper blender just a cheap stick ones that's ok for soup but not sure would trust it to not get wierd beet root chunks in my cake :-( I hate beet root though have heard it makes cakes nice and moist hmm! X

I don't really like the stuff, but you can't really taste it in the brownies! I used a hand blender the first time, and it didn't really work too well either :( I've borrowed (with no intention of giving back any time soon...) my mum's blender!

Just seen your diary and thought I'd pop in and say hi. Your brownies look a lot nicer than mine - I have to do mine in the oven as don't have a microwave at the moment xx

I made a batch in the oven today and they took forever, and were still a bit soggy at the bottom. Though I'm sure that if you've got more patience than I have, yours should turn out fine!

Hiya hun!

Just found your diary :)

Great to see how much your eating and still losing so close to target! Keeps me motivated now :)

Xxx

Back