Charliemm's Extra Easy Food Diary

charliemm

Silver Member
So I thought I would start an online food diary, I tend to only keep a diary of the syns I have during the day as most of the food I eat is free or superfree.

Just as a bit of background, I've been on SW since September, and I've lost just over 2.5 stone. I'm still losing between 1/2lb to 2lbs a week.

I'll post my first day's food diary (e.g. todays) tonight after I've been to dinner, will be interesting as my other half is taking me out to the local pub for a meal, so we will see how good I've managed to be!

Charlie x x

Welcome Charlie! Well done in your success so far and good luck! Xxx

hiya.....i will be VERY interested to read your food diary, your losses are fab, well done :) im new to SW and so far not so good....my 2 wi's are quite dissapointing, im following EE too so i would be really keen to see what people actually eat to get good losses lol.....enjoy your meal out tonight :D:D

Right, so it's a day late, but better late than never eh?

So yesterday I wasn't as good at the restaurant as I'd hoped, however it's a rare occasion that the other half and I go out for a meal so I took full advantage :)

Breakfast: banana on wholemeal toast (2 slices, hex b)

Snacks: muller light vanilla (frozen), nectarine, second banana

Lunch: chicken breast (cooked on George foreman grill, with a few mixed herbs and garlic granules sprinkled on top) with salad and slimming world chips (I have only just managed to perfect the recipe, and they are divine!) with a tbsp extra light Mayo (0.5 syns)

Dinner: chicken biryani at the local pub, with 2 popadoms (around 8 syns though they weren't greasy in the slighest) and a tbsp mango chutney (2 syns I think). I also ate the fellas 3 onion rings!

Drinks: lots of diet coke and diet red bull, and tea with sweetener and milk from hex a

So I wasn't as good as I hoped, and although I definitely went over 15 syns, I had been cutting back for most of the week to save some flexi syns this weekend.

Today I had banana on toast for breakfast again (hex b) with a cup of tea (milk from hex a) followed by boots sushi (2.5) syns and a roast dinner cooked by my lovely mum! I made sure I chose lean bits of the beef and pork, and mum doesn't add any oil or fats to her roasts anyway. I had the teenist bit of gravy, lots of veg, no creamed mash, and a small Yorkshire. For dessert I had a super small portion of homemade unsweetened apple pie with a tiny blob of ice cream.

Please don't get the impression that I don't stick to the plan at the weekends, I'd handed in my draft dissertation on Friday and was looking for an excuse to celebrate a little! I assure you that I usually stick to the plan 99.9% of the time when I don't have anything to celebrate - stick around for better entries! I will also include a weigh in around weds, this morning I was 10st 8.5lb so will be interesting as when I'm good I would usually have lost around 1/4 to 1/2 a stone by then.

Thanks for reading, please feel free to leave links to your food diaries so that I can get inspiration for meal ideas!

Charlie x x

Today's food diary - it's definitely more representative of my usual eating habits!

Banana with 2x slices wholemeal bread HEXB
Tea with sweetener and milk from HEXA
Low fat chilli chicken noodles
Mullerlight fat free vanilla yogurt
Diet cola
Small salad with low fat feta cheese (2 syns)
Slimming world chicken curry with potatoes and rice
Diet energy drink
Hot milk with remainder of HEXA
Treat size curly wurly (4 syns)
Treat size Cadburys caramel (4 syns)

Total syns: 10

Thanks for reading!

Charlie x x

Looks gorgeous! I will be getting myself some treat size cadburys caramels! 4 syns, that's great! Xxx

Another extra easy day today, here's my food diary :)

Banana x 2 on wholemeal toast x 2 HEXB
Tea with sweetener with milk from HEXA
Diet energy drink
Syn free chips with 2 x tbsp extra light Mayo (1 syn)
2 x rooibos fruit tea with sweetener
Müllerlight fat free toffee yogurt
Slimming world chicken curry with rice
Nutty bite choc 5 syns
Treat size choc 4 syns
Total syns: 10

Charlie xx

Hungrier than usual today, but was still a very good girl today. Weighed in at 10 stone 7 and a half this morning, so my weekend didn't slow me down after all :)

Tea with sweetener with milk from HEXA
2 x nectarines
Low fat sweet chilli super noodles
Diet energy drink
Mullerlight vanilla fat free yogurt
Slimming world chicken curry with rice (I'm a student so I cook in bulk and have it for dinner 4 nights on the trot!!)
Treat size curly wurly 4 syns
Treat size chomp 3 syns
Treat size fudge 3 syns
3 x slices smoked ham
Total: 10 syns

Charlie x

Feeling a bit pants today, got a sore throat and runny nose :( Here's today's food diary...

Tea with sweetener with skimmed milk (0.5 syns)
Diet energy drink
Strawberries
Nectarine
Slimming world pasta carbonara (with Parmesan as HEXA)
Diet coke
Slimming world curry and rice
Treat size caramel 4 syns
Total syns 8.5

Charlie x

Visiting my mum this weekend, It's always a real test of willpower as there are always cakes and biscuits in the cupboard. I caved in on the cheesecake, but without the packaging I couldn't syn it properly, though the slice was tiny so I think I've over counted!

Banana on wholemeal toast x 2 HEXB
Tea with sweetener with skimmed milk HEXA

Diet coke
Total syns 8.5

charliemm said:
Visiting my mum this weekend, It's always a real test of willpower as there are always cakes and biscuits in the cupboard. I caved in on the cheesecake, but without the packaging I couldn't syn it properly, though the slice was tiny so I think I've over counted!

Banana on wholemeal toast x 2 HEXB
Tea with sweetener with skimmed milk HEXA

Diet coke
Total syns 8.5

Didn't finish sorry! That was yesterdays (apart from the bit about the cheesecake!) Today is as follows:

Banana on 2 x wholemeal bread HEXB
Tea with milk HEXA
Diet coke
Low fat super noodles
Biscuit 4 syns
Ferraro Roche 3.5 syns
Mullerlight fat free yogurt
Slimming world curry with rice
Small slice toffee cheesecake 7 syns

Total: 14.5 syns

Charlie x

A very restrained day today, temptation was everywhere in the form of biscuits and chocolate! Also my o/h ordered lean mince by mistake so had to use some syns for that too. Exercise wise, I went on a 4-5 mile walk with my chocolate Labrador ans definitely felt the burn when I got home!

Tea with milk from HEXA
Banana on 2 slices of wholemeal toast HEXB
Nice biscuit 2 syns
Slimming world pasta carbonara with tsp parmesan (I count this as part of my HEXA)
Diet coke
Toffee cheesecake 7
Chilli con carne 1/4 sachet 2 syns
Lean mince 1/4 packet 2.5 syns

Total syns: 13.5

Charlie x

At home again today, which isn't usually a problem diet-wise, but it happens to be a Sunday which means mum's roast dinner!

Bacon on brown bread x 2 HEXB
Tea with milk from HEXA
3 x party ring biscuits 9 syns
Mullerlight fat free yogurt with strawberries and banana
Egg fried rice and peas (dry fried)
Mum's roast dinner (mainly beef no added oil, and veg, minimal gravy made with veg water not meat juice, and few roasties, so a couple of syns
Chocolate pudding around 20

Total: approx 32 syns (17 carried over from each day this week)

My excuse for the pudding is that I've been very good this week and had less than 10 syns every day so have accumulated enough to splash out :)

Charlie x

Bacon on 2 x wholemeal bread HEXB
Tea with skimmed milk x 2 = 1 syn
Tuna Mayo with sweetcorn on jacket potato 0.5 syns
Strawberries, banana and Mullerlight yogurt
Syn free spaghetti bolognese made with meat free frozen mince and cheese from HEXA
Diet energy drink and diet coke

Total syns: 1.5

Usually i would have a couple of chocs in the evening to make sure I'm having enough syns, but I've got a really sore throat and cannot face eating anything else today!

Thanks for reading

Charlie x

Right, so it's a day late, but better late than never eh?

So yesterday I wasn't as good at the restaurant as I'd hoped, however it's a rare occasion that the other half and I go out for a meal so I took full advantage :)

Breakfast: banana on wholemeal toast (2 slices, hex b)

Snacks: muller light vanilla (frozen), nectarine, second banana

Lunch: chicken breast (cooked on George foreman grill, with a few mixed herbs and garlic granules sprinkled on top) with salad and slimming world chips (I have only just managed to perfect the recipe, and they are divine!) with a tbsp extra light Mayo (0.5 syns)

Dinner: chicken biryani at the local pub, with 2 popadoms (around 8 syns though they weren't greasy in the slighest) and a tbsp mango chutney (2 syns I think). I also ate the fellas 3 onion rings!

Drinks: lots of diet coke and diet red bull, and tea with sweetener and milk from hex a

So I wasn't as good as I hoped, and although I definitely went over 15 syns, I had been cutting back for most of the week to save some flexi syns this weekend.

Today I had banana on toast for breakfast again (hex b) with a cup of tea (milk from hex a) followed by boots sushi (2.5) syns and a roast dinner cooked by my lovely mum! I made sure I chose lean bits of the beef and pork, and mum doesn't add any oil or fats to her roasts anyway. I had the teenist bit of gravy, lots of veg, no creamed mash, and a small Yorkshire. For dessert I had a super small portion of homemade unsweetened apple pie with a tiny blob of ice cream.

Please don't get the impression that I don't stick to the plan at the weekends, I'd handed in my draft dissertation on Friday and was looking for an excuse to celebrate a little! I assure you that I usually stick to the plan 99.9% of the time when I don't have anything to celebrate - stick around for better entries! I will also include a weigh in around weds, this morning I was 10st 8.5lb so will be interesting as when I'm good I would usually have lost around 1/4 to 1/2 a stone by then.

Thanks for reading, please feel free to leave links to your food diaries so that I can get inspiration for meal ideas!

Charlie x x
Hi I have made slimming world chips a couple of times now, but seem to struggle to stop them from going soggy although they still taste good !! any tips would be appreciated as we have steak and chips on our menu tonight yum yum

They never used to go brown when I first made them, but once I followed the recipe to the letter they started coming out great!
I think this is the recipe:

Add chipped potatoes (I like to leave the skins on) to pan of already boiling water and boil for 5 mins
Drain potatoes and leave aside to cool for 10 mins whilst preheating oven to 220 degrees
Place potatoes on baking tray with foil and fry light, sprinkle with salt and make sure they are covered with fry light
Put in the oven for 30 mins or until brown, making sure you shuffle them around once or twice.

I found that not letting the potatoes drain and cool for long enough made the soggy and not browned. Hope this helps! Let me know how you get on :)

Charlie z

Am going to try and start posting my food diary on here again when I remember, as I'm on the last leg of my loss (at 9.2 at the moment, would like to be <9) and would really appreciate any feedback and tips!

Equally, I'm still getting around 0.5-1lb losses so thought I would share it with you all!

I've tried to mark all the super free foods (SF) and whether the meal is 1/3SF.

Monday 13th Feb

Breakfast:
Banana (SF)
Sausage, Egg, beans on toast HEXB
Milk HEXA

Snack:
Apple (SF)

Lunch:
Chicken salad (1/3SF) and tbsp extra light mayo 0.5
Mullerlight

Snacks:
Orange (SF)
2 Slimming world recipe cupcakes 1

Dinner:
Chicken, slimming world chips and peas
Ketchup tbsp 1
Banana (SF)

Snack:
Blueberries (SF) and Mullerlight
Choc 4

Total: 6.5

Tues 14th Feb

Breakfast:
Slimming world cake 0.5
Porridge, blueberries and banana with milk HEXA HEXB (1/3SF)
Apple (SF)

Snacks:
5 prunes 2.5

Lunch:
Tuna salad (1/3SF) with tbsp extra light mayo 0.5
Mullerlight

Snacks:
Orange (SF)
Slimming world cake 0.5
Carrot and slimming world hummus

Dinner:
Slimming world chilli (1/3 SF) with rice

Snacks:
Blueberries banana and Mullerlight (1/3SF)
Slimming world banana cake 1
Hot Choc 2

Total: 7

The slimming world cake, chilli and hummus recipes are all from this forum, just have a search!

Charlie x

Last edited:
Weds 15th Feb

Breakfast:
Porridge HEXB with bananas and blueberries and milk HEXA (1/3SF)
Apple (SF)

Lunch:
Tuna salad (1/3SF) with tbsp extra light mayo 0.5
Mullerlight

Snacks:
Orange (SF)
2 slimming world Cakes 1
Carrots and SW hummus

Dinner:
Slimming world chilli and rice (1/3SF)
Blueberries, banana & Mullerlight (1/3SF)

Snacks:
Morning coffee biscuit 1
Dairylea light triangle HEXA
Choc 6

Total: 8.5

I know you're not supposed to mix up the healthy extras, but I love dairylea and I knew I hadn't had all of my milk allowance!

Charlie x

Feel like I have eaten so much today - been at home this afternoon and couldn't resist dipping into the fridge! Still, I have stuck to my 5-10 syn a day goal...

Thurs 16th Feb

Breakfast:
Porridge HEXB with milk from HEXA and bananas and blueberries (1/3SF)
SW cake 0.5
Morning coffee biscuit 1

Lunch:
Couscous salad (1/3SF) with tbsp extra light mayo 0.5
Mullerlight mint and dark choc

Snacks:
SW banana cake 1
Dairylea light triangle from HEXA
Morning coffee biscuit 1
Carrot (SF) and cucumber (SF) with SW hummus

Dinner:
Chicken risotto (1/3SF)
Blueberries with natural yogurt and sweetener

Snacks:
Choc 4

Total: 8

When I read it back, it just seems I've had little bits in often this afternoon, but the risotto has really bloated me up - hope this doesn't affect my weigh in tomorrow morning!

Charlie x

Back