Charliemm's Extra Easy Food Diary

kim63 said:
I can appreciate it must be difficult to get into the mindset of maintaining after so long losing! Shellie mentioned in her diary that SW are bringing out a leaflet for target members, so it will be interesting to see what they say xx

Yeah will definitely try and get my mitts onto one of those. I find it very hard at the min to realise that I am skinny - and it sounds odd but although I am very happy with how I look at the minute - I can always find bits where I think I could do with losing another lb or so which is why subconsciously I think I've not used all my syns this week and lost again. X

Not be too 'school marmy', but be careful! You probably dont need to lose any more weight, but maybe toning up, which you're doing already. xx

kim63 said:
Not be too 'school marmy', but be careful! You probably dont need to lose any more weight, but maybe toning up, which you're doing already. xx

I understand what you're saying, I just need to get to that point mentally. This week I'm going to make a point of having over 10 syns every day unlike this week when I barely had 10 a day. See how that goes and then perhaps add an extra b. I can't wait until they publish the leaflet for target members! X

I certainly didn't want to come across as condescending, but you know what I mean, just concerned. Mentally, it must be difficult to get out of that mindset after losing so much weight & there's always that fear 'will I put on weight again'. You'll get there Charlie & will find a happy medium to what suits you.
Do you find it difficult to have your Syns as there's so many ways that you can incorporate them into your diet, which Im sure you know already.
I know when I got to target last year, I was so happy & managed to maintain for a few months. But I started having problems with my neck again, took my eye off the ball, had surgery & discovered baking to keep me busy......bad move! So, the 6-8 weeks that it took for the weight to go back on is now taking an age to get off! Never again, Im more educated on maintaining now, so hopefully I'll be in your position in the next couple of months.
You're an inspiration & I admire your dedication xx

kim63 said:
I certainly didn't want to come across as condescending, but you know what I mean, just concerned. Mentally, it must be difficult to get out of that mindset after losing so much weight & there's always that fear 'will I put on weight again'. You'll get there Charlie & will find a happy medium to what suits you.
Do you find it difficult to have your Syns as there's so many ways that you can incorporate them into your diet, which Im sure you know already.
I know when I got to target last year, I was so happy & managed to maintain for a few months. But I started having problems with my neck again, took my eye off the ball, had surgery & discovered baking to keep me busy......bad move! So, the 6-8 weeks that it took for the weight to go back on is now taking an age to get off! Never again, Im more educated on maintaining now, so hopefully I'll be in your position in the next couple of months.
You're an inspiration & I admire your dedication xx

I definitely have a fear that I will put on weight again! But I'm slowly realising that I am so close to being underweight that losing any more would be very silly. However much I don't want it to, somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking 'what about 8 stone, that's a nice even number, keep losing till you get there' haha! I know it's ridiculous but you understand how addictive losing weight is!

I have no problem whatsoever finding things to spend my syns on! I'm just so used to being super restrained that I snack on fruit and low syn yogurts before anything else! Perhaps buying yogurts with more syns, and re introducing sauces that would have syns in I could incorporate more without having to feel like I'm eating chocolate or crisps - being naughty without actually being naughty!

In grateful that you're concerned - I'm at the point where I need someone to point out when I get carried away - OH is starting to speak up too. He's worried about the prominence of my spine of all bloody things! Haha!

I might well be an inspiration to you, but your innate positive mental attitude, words of wisdom and optimistic view of the world is definitely inspirational to me too :) x

It must be tough as I think we can always find faults with our own bodies no matter how tiny we get!

I guess a lot of celebs and models etc that we see as having "perfect" bodies are probably infact underweight, undereating and generally not as perfect or healthy as they seem.

Best of luck finding the balance and maintaining! You look fab and imagine how hard it would be finding clothes if you get any smaller than a 6 lol! X

icklerockchick said:
It must be tough as I think we can always find faults with our own bodies no matter how tiny we get!

I guess a lot of celebs and models etc that we see as having "perfect" bodies are probably infact underweight, undereating and generally not as perfect or healthy as they seem.

Best of luck finding the balance and maintaining! You look fab and imagine how hard it would be finding clothes if you get any smaller than a 6 lol! X

I think that's definitely part of my problem - I'm a sucker for a fashion mag and always compare myself to the models - who are definitely underweight! It's a habit I'm working on getting out of!

Congratulations on the size 10 jeans! I remember when I bought my first pair Xmas 2011, I actually cried at the till and felt a bit silly explaining to the assistant!

Thanks for your lovely words, I do feel great 99% of the time and know I deserve to as I've worked incredibly hard to get here! X

Fri 18th May (GF)

HEA: skimmed milk, tbsp Parmesan, 1 Dairylea light triangle
HEB: 71g semi dried apricots

2 boiled eggs, peppers, mushrooms and beans
2 small bananas

Hot choc (2)
Apple & pear

Bacon salad
Mullerlight Greek yogurt (0.5)

Fruit salad with sugar free jelly (0.5)
Dairylea light triangle

Mushroom risotto
Dried apricots

Bounty Choc (6)
6 Dried apricots (3)
Grapes

Pint strongbow (9)

Total: 21 (70.5/75 weekly)

Exercise: 30 min fitness walk & 10 mins strength - 178 cals

Sat 19th May

HEA: cheese
HEB: 2 small slices Wholemeal bread

Banana
2 LM veggie sausage sandwich with grilled onions

Jaffa cake (2.5)
Chocolate digestive (4)

Jacket potato with beans and cheese

Mullerlight Greek yogurt (0.5)
Nectarine

Steak salad with poached egg
Fruit salad (melon, grapes and nectarine) with sugar free jelly

Hot Choc (2)

3 dashes skimmed milk with drinks (1.5)

Total: 10.5

Sun 20th May

HEA: skimmed milk
HEB: 2 small slices Wholemeal bread

Banana
Melon, summer fruits and ff Greek yogurt
2 slices malt loaf (6)

Veg soup (carrots, onion, garlic, peppers) with 2 slices Wholemeal toast, 2 tsp butter (2)
Fruit salad and jelly

2 pieces carrot cake (3.5)

Nectarine

Roast chicken, roast potatoes, mash, baby sweet corn, broccoli ad 8 tbsp gravy (2)

Wine gum (1)
Fruit salad and jelly

Exercise: 2.44km walk, 103 cals

charliemm said:
I definitely have a fear that I will put on weight again! But I'm slowly realising that I am so close to being underweight that losing any more would be very silly. However much I don't want it to, somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking 'what about 8 stone, that's a nice even number, keep losing till you get there' haha! I know it's ridiculous but you understand how addictive losing weight is!

I have no problem whatsoever finding things to spend my syns on! I'm just so used to being super restrained that I snack on fruit and low syn yogurts before anything else! Perhaps buying yogurts with more syns, and re introducing sauces that would have syns in I could incorporate more without having to feel like I'm eating chocolate or crisps - being naughty without actually being naughty!

In grateful that you're concerned - I'm at the point where I need someone to point out when I get carried away - OH is starting to speak up too. He's worried about the prominence of my spine of all bloody things! Haha!

I might well be an inspiration to you, but your innate positive mental attitude, words of wisdom and optimistic view of the world is definitely inspirational to me too :) x

At least you recognise that your weight is on the low side, but still healthy. I can fully understand you wanting to hit that 8 stone mark & you probably could, but would it be sustainable & healthy? You know your body & only you can answer that.
Yes losing weight is addictive as we all want to strive towards our 'perfect' body, but health is more important in my opinion.
Looking at your food diaries you eat really well, so you just carry on as your doing & your little bod will find a balance.

Thanks for you kind words Charlie as it is hard to stay positive sometimes when life is a bit s****y, but there's no point whinging about it as that gets you nowhere except misery & I can't be arsed with that lol! Xx

Monday 21st May

A: skimmed milk
B: Wholemeal bread

Toast, onions, peppers, eggs, 2 tsp butter (2), banana

Carrot cake (3.5)

Chicken couscous salad

Mullerlight Greek yog (0.5)
Small Fruit salad

Chilli, brown rice

Malt loaf (6.5), tsp butter (1)

Exercise: 5.44km walk - 230 cals

Last edited:
So this week am trying to cut down on snacking on fruit and having it as part of a meal instead. Also working on eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full - and choosing something I fancy rather than something I think I should have. I've been reading Paul McKenna, and although I think some of his method is good, I don't think it would completely help me to maintain as I would struggle with the whole 'eat anything you want' thing!

I'm hoping this will enable me to get into good habits for the future so that I'm less likely to binge eat on special occasions and generally enjoy food more!

charliemm said:
So this week am trying to cut down on snacking on fruit and having it as part of a meal instead. Also working on eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full - and choosing something I fancy rather than something I think I should have. I've been reading Paul McKenna, and although I think some of his method is good, I don't think it would completely help me to maintain as I would struggle with the whole 'eat anything you want' thing!

I'm hoping this will enable me to get into good habits for the future so that I'm less likely to binge eat on special occasions and generally enjoy food more!

Sounds like a good plan Charlie he does make a lot of sense but you do need to listen to your full and empty signals and that is really hard, well for me it is, good luck be interesting see how you do this week :) x

lynica said:
Sounds like a good plan Charlie he does make a lot of sense but you do need to listen to your full and empty signals and that is really hard, well for me it is, good luck be interesting see how you do this week :) x

I need to tune into them, I find it very hard to distinguish between full and stuffed! Haha, also need to leave the 'clean plate club' - managed to do it today though! X

charliemm said:
I need to tune into them, I find it very hard to distinguish between full and stuffed! Haha, also need to leave the 'clean plate club' - managed to do it today though! X

Ha know that feeling too well ;-) might join you
I always think it's a waste to leave food on your plate but really if your full then you don't need to keep eating, very difficult though, like now I'm feeling full had lasagne and roasted veg for tea, been for a walk just sitting with a cuppa but have still got an aplen light bar to have.... Do I eat it cause it 1/2 of my hexb or not cause I'm stuffed????

Ha know that feeling too well ;-) might join you
I always think it's a waste to leave food on your plate but really if your full then you don't need to keep eating, very difficult though, like now I'm feeling full had lasagne and roasted veg for tea, been for a walk just sitting with a cuppa but have still got an aplen light bar to have.... Do I eat it cause it 1/2 of my hexb or not cause I'm stuffed????
Strictly speaking, you shouldn't have it just because you need to, you should only eat it if you get hungry later! Easier said than done, but that is what I'm trying to go by this week!

May 3.jpg

1. Peppermint tea - used to hate it, but now I love it! Great for helping with toilet issues too...
2. UB40 - I'm so into Reggae right now, with the sun making an appearance too it just lifts my spirits!
3. Bob's Burgers season 2 - I love this show, admittedly it's a lot like Family Guy and American Dad, another American comedy cartoon but the humour is a lot drier, sarcastic and less crude.
4. St Moriz fake tan - cheap and cheerful, but by far the best tanner I've come across. I always feel much better with a tan and try to top it up at least once a week.
5. My Reebok Easytone toning trainers - I'm finding every excuse to go walking in these bad boys, I love them. They are so comfy and I really feel they make a difference especially when power walking - my cheeks have never ached so much!
6. Lush No Drought dry shampoo - smells a little like lemsip, but it bloody brilliant for days when I can't be bothered to wash my hair. I'm a massive Lush addict, I think I'm a closet eco warrior!
7. Tetley's Redbush and Vanilla teabags - these taste a lot like custard. I adore them, especially when I fancy a sweet treat.
8. Company magazine - I'm a sucker for a fashion mag, though it makes me want to spend money I don't really have!

I'm very experimental with tea - whilst I was writing my dissertation I would sit in my favourite tea shop in Nottingham and try all the teas. My favourites are Rooibos and strawberry cream tea, Almond cream tea, and Gingerbread tea at Christmas time :)

Eeeeek! Don't think Im that adventurous with tea as Im more of a coffee freak but I do like fruit tea x

kim63 said:
Eeeeek! Don't think Im that adventurous with tea as Im more of a coffee freak but I do like fruit tea x

I love coffee too, I adore the sugar free syrups from costa etc but at the moment I have a jar of amaretto flavoured coffee!

Back