Charlie's Diary

CharlieDelta

Hi, I'm Charlie and I've decided to write this to keep myself in check and hopefully it'll provide motivation for me :)

I started on Dukan on Thursday (4 days ago) and so far it hasn't been too bad. I did slip up though as I unknowingly bought full fat Pepsi instead of Pepsi Max and have drank 6 cans of it over the past 3 days so my weight loss has been very slow :( I noticed the mistake this afternoon so let's hope it's all onwards and upwards from today!

The protein is filling me up nicely so I'm finiding I don't really need to snack which is great but perhaps I'm not acually eating enough?

So far today I've had 2 egg onion omlette for breakfast, chicken breasts for lunch with an oatmeal muffin, and so far I've drank 1 litre of water. I'm planning on having turkey escalopes marinaded in curry spices for dinner, and I have a toffee muller light in the freezer for afterwards

perhaps i'm not doing something right, but i tried one today, and didn't think that much of it. i ended up with frozen crystals through it, and the bits soft enough to eat were just like normal yoghurt. would rather have had my normal bowl of total 0%, and still might actually!

Thanks :) I'm drinking extra water to try get rid of it, can't believe I was such an idiot haha!

I was actually a bit worried when I read through here as a lot of people had said exactly the same thing but I'm not a massive yoghurt fan so thought I'd give it a go - I had the vanilla one last night and it was amazing then had the toffee one tonight and it was ok, prefer the vanilla one though. I stick it in the freezer i the morning and have it at night after dinner, seems to be ok so far.

That's what I do too, although last night I ate it straight from the freezer and had to scrape it, kinda reminded me of being a kid and having a frozen ice drink ha

I've done 5 days of attack and only lost 4 pounds - does that sound right? I'm thinking I'll move on to the Cruise phase today but I don't know if I should do another day or so of Attack. I'm a bit worried that I wont lose anymore

4lb is a great start, especially after the pepsi blip - well done!:D

I'd move on to cruise - another day of attack won't affect your weightloss - the initial losses slow down but you will continue to lose on cruise, don't worry!

Thanks both :)

I moved onto Cruise today, never thought I'd be so happy to eat peppers haha.

Got a massive headache today though, so nice bath and early night I think.

Good Morning, hope you have a good day today!

Yes I would never have thought that Veg could become so important. I used to eat plenty of veg before, and a good variety too, but now I'm eating so much MORE of it. 5-a-day without even trying...

Tip - my 'pick-me-up' snack to have at hand all the time are cherry tomatoes. I always have a bowl out on the worktop. When everyone else helps themselves to grapes I have some little (sweet!) tomatoes and it's seen me through cruise last summer when I was not allowed any fruit at all!

I love cherry tomatoes so that's a great tip. I do sometimes want to reach for a snack about 3pm at work and yogurts are getting boring. Thanks :)

I was really struggling last night and still am today :( I put on half a pound so that's not helping but I know it's a marathon, not a sprint. I'm off into town to buy some ingredients for chicken and veg soup (any ideas welcome) and the bbq sauce mentioned in another post. On a plus note, I tried on a bikini I have, in preparation for my holiday, and it fits!! Ok, so I still have love handles but hey, I can get it on now :)

Onwards and upwards

I was really struggling last night and still am today :( I put on half a pound so that's not helping but I know it's a marathon, not a sprint. I'm off into town to buy some ingredients for chicken and veg soup (any ideas welcome) and the bbq sauce mentioned in another post. On a plus note, I tried on a bikini I have, in preparation for my holiday, and it fits!! Ok, so I still have love handles but hey, I can get it on now :)

Onwards and upwards

That's only a bit of water weight, CD, which is perfectly normal when you move onto Cruise and re-introduce veg. It'll even out soon. Maybe try weighing yourself on a weekly basis only, so you won't be worried about any temporary fluctuations?

Great news on the bikini! Keep going on the diet and those love handles will disappear, too. :)

Hi. Sounds like you are doing really well! I dont own a pair of scales so weigh myself every two weeks at my mam's house. Think I'd get too stressed doing it more often.

Keep up the good work!

X

Thanks everyone :) I'm going to weigh myself once a week now I'm on cruise.

1/2lb is nothing Charlie, it will even out don't worry, but would also recommend weighing less frequently.

How was the bbq sauce?

Back