cheat meal this week - effect on weight loss?

We are basically trying to learn to eat what we like when we need to in moderation!!! Unfortunately we have all had to take drastic measures to get to the size we want first! There is no law to how we do it and in what time scale! Just a diet to follow with rules to help us achieve what we want. This forum is supposed to be for people to chat about the diet for help and advise and voice how the diet is making us feel, crave etc x and of course our achievements to encourage others that it does work for all us normal people!!! X I bet you don't eat all you planned as you probably won't be able too for a start as your body may have a bit of a shock plus the next day I think you will not like how bloated you feel! But only you will know how at the end of the day and good for you for saying what you are thinking x x x x

thanks hun. i am rethinking the meal anyway as it is a bit much, a full-on meal followed by an easter egg lol! maybe i'll have a dry chicken tikka from the indian (sort of an SS+ or 810 meal!) then a little bit of chocolate. i think for me i just want to have a little taste of food again to satisfy that little craving then start back on SS straight away and focus until May when hopefully i'll be even nearer my goal.

well done on your weight loss by the way, you've lost almost 2 stone in 5 weeks, incredible! xx

I think the tikka choice is much better, I have had a few breaks myself over xmas and weekends away etc and I do regret them in some ways cos I think I couldve lost more if I stuck to it. But I have gotten straight back on each time and thats the key. And its a BREAK not a cheat, its planned not spontaneous and uncontrolled. I think even if you do have that rib meal there would be no way u could finish it and have any chocolate, your stomach will be tiny now :)
Oh and I think full fat coleslaw is 'ok' for ketosis, a friend of mine doing atkins uses it all the time so maybe that could be abit of a treat?
If you feel like being a little bit good with the chocolate get some sugar free (diabetic) ones which are lower in carb or an atkins bar, also low carb.
Good luck :)

thanks krissy, reading back over the suggestions on the posts, it seems that damage limitation is the key! if i opt for the tikka meal and get back on SS the next day i'll feel so much better as well. i've already had tikka during one of my weeks, the only thing is I lost 1lb the following weigh in week but it was my TOTM as well so i can't really tell whether the tikka affected it or whether it was the TOTM or the two together! i suppose seeing as i did still lose then this would prob be the better option for me.

as for the ribs, chips and easter egg dessert, lovely thought but as you say, my stomach probably wouldnt cope with it so it would also be a waste of money if anything! x

True, you will never know if it has effected your loss because you wouldn't know what you would've lost if you never had it.
There's loads of yummy SS+ things you could have instead of the big meal so I think you will chose wisely :)

Im glad you got some good encouraging advice back =) I agree with krissykat its not cheating seeing as you have had it planned, this diet is hard enough as it is and each person has to do different things to keep them going. You have thought about maybe eating a better choice than the rib meal but either way of what you eat main thing is dont feel guilty about it or down about it cos you will be straight back on track the next day, something i dont think i could do which is why i decided against my planned weekend break if i knew i cud go straight back i possibly wud of taken the break. Best of luck and keep focus on just how well you have done already =D

I have had a few PLANNED breaks and NOT cheats. I have gone on a hen weekend and wanted to drink so came off and my indian last weekend. The tought of the food was much better than actually eating it. And YES I was pleased with losing a pound instead of gaining 4lb for example. It is my choice to pay £42 per week and accept if a planned meal causes it not to be a 4-6lb loss that week. To be honest I would spend that amount per week or more on food for SW with all the meat, fresh fruit and veg. I mainly do SS+ as at some stage I will have to introduce food to my diet and make the right choices. I could easily jump on my soap box on SS and say food is evil what are you doing thinking about it. In essence CD is not a normal eating plan it does give you a very different perspective on food. CD is only a short term solution for weight loss to which I am 100% comitted. I dont want to ever go on it again once I reach target and that will be the hardest choosing the right foods and maintaining. I hope you make a good choice and enjoy your planned break without guilt settling in.

I'll be having indian this coming weekend but I've known about this since I started, I have 3 close family birthdays in 4 days over the Easter weekend, I'll be having just chicken tikka and hope to stay in ketosis. Going to a 1st birthday on Friday but going to avoid all the cakes etc etc and just do the family meal on the Saturday night and then back on track 100% on the Sunday.

I've had a break planned since I started the diet for my Birthday as it's my 18th (my break has started earlier than I'd initially planned, completely unforeseen circumstances) I know it will put me back when it comes to loosing weight as I will be having carbs but I've taken this into account when trying to work out how long it will take me to get to my goal.

Just a question, is the meal a reward to you, or part of an occasion or event?

I've had a break planned since I started the diet for my Birthday as it's my 18th (my break has started earlier than I'd initially planned, completely unforeseen circumstances) I know it will put me back when it comes to loosing weight as I will be having carbs but I've taken this into account when trying to work out how long it will take me to get to my goal.

Just a question, is the meal a reward to you, or part of an occasion or event?

hey dollygirl,

the meal was planned just because i've done a full month on SS really. i know most people go for other treats such as buying shoes, pamper sessions etc, but for me SS is so restrictive that i thought by this point I would need to actually taste some normal food! i've stuck to it very well and shocked myself at my willpower on it really so the meal was planned as a sort of break to keep me focused so that i wasnt contemplating 3 solid months of SS!

My weigh in is tonight and to be honest, now i've well into ketosis and dont feel hungry, i feel as if i dont even need the food, although it would be nice to taste some chips and a choccy bar!

if i'm totally honest i had also hoped that by having a meal off that if i came out of ketosis and went back in over the next few days that my weight loss may even be boosted as when i started the diet i had my last meal, a chinese, the night before (much the same as i would be tonight after the weigh in) and i started SS the next day, stuck to it rigidly for the week and managed to lose 7lbs in the first week which was really my question on this thread was to people who have had a cheat, how did they find it affected their weight loss by the following weigh in. for me i'm well aware that i would have an initial gain but really i wanted to get an idea of whether it would carry through to the next weigh in! i know everyone is different and our bodies retain water a different rates but i just wanted to make an informed decision about whether its worth taking the risk for a treat or just ploughing on until May and re-evaluating my attitudes towards food! xx

Hi lumpyandbumpy.
Was your meal last night? What did u decide to do in the end?
X

Hi lumpyandbumpy.
Was your meal last night? What did u decide to do in the end?
X

hello!

sorry for late reply, i dont have internet access at home and been off for bank holiday!

i had a very small teaplate of chinese in the end just to have a little taste of lovely food! i ummed and arred for ages over it but my OH had a Chinese so i had a tiny taster of rice, chips and curry sauce. i also asked my counsellor about it as well and she basically said as long as I feel I can get back into SS the next day then to do what I felt I needed to do, plus she said that a counsellor she knows encourages her SS clients to have a meal (obviously not a cheat meal!) every 4 weeks instead of every 12 weeks as apparently it can help speed up your metabolism so I suppose if you are choosing wisely then maybe a meal consisting of certain foods (such as from the SS+ list) would help some people if they feel they have enough willpower to go back to SS.

i personally felt fine the next day and got straight back onto SS and didnt feel as if I was craving anything. i'm not sure if I went out of ketosis or not as although I didnt feel hungry, i was going to the toilet a lot more after drinking water so in some ways it felt like my first week again! what i would say is that i have been more regular with my bowel movements since eating the food (sorry tmi!), not that I'm advocating a cheat meal every week but it has made me think about whether i need to be introducing some SS+ days into my diet to regulate me a bit more! x

Back