cheat meal this week - effect on weight loss?

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
Hi all,

I've planned a cheat meal for this week, I've had it planned since the start of the diet because I've done a full month now (I'm in week 5) on SS without being naughty (only had bacon and egg as a naughty thing but still a ketosis food!) I'm planning on having ribs, chips, coleslaw, bbq sauce at the Beefeater then having hald an easter egg and a choclate bar when I get home for dessert! I'm having my weigh-in on Thursday after work then going straight for my meal so that I can restart SS the day later.

I'm starting to rethink doing this though as i had originally wanted to get into the 10s (I'm just in the 10s now 10st 13lbs) but I'm worried that this meal will push me back up into the 11s, even if i lose a couple of lbs by my weigh-in on Thurs. What's others results been like after a cheat meal (planned or not!)? I'm happy to even stay the same the following week as long as I dont put on any weight! I'm wondering whether to get down to say 10 and a half stone before I eat the meal so that psychologically I won't mind putting on a little bit :hmm:

Ive had a few " naughty " days but naughty for me was ss+, I only ate dry chicken and green veg on one occasion and beef and veg on another ( at a wedding and a weekend away so food couldnt be avoided )
Maybe you could reward yourself with something which is allowed on a SS+ day rather than chips and coleslaw etc which will be high colarie and high fat content !
Were all different but I wouldnt do it with the foods you have mentioned x

Dont do it think that instead of putting on u could lise and be closer to ur goal. I think if i think about cheating it will be easier to cheat again and again x u will feel much better for resisting x

Hiya
I wasn't going to reply to your message, only because of the thread on the weekend about people cheating!! lol

But, i do think having a planned meal is fine - i'm doing SS+ so i do look forward to going out and having a lovely piece of chicken and salad and a balsamic dressing... (the same I would have in the house but with the added bonus that its not me doing the cooking or the washing up!), and it also makes me feel relatively normal - as if i'm a functioning member of society again!! lol

What you have planned does seem like a complete pig out (if i'm being brutally honest!! lol), and i would maybe adjust it so it would be more CD friendly - and it would probably be a little bit easier on you when you start CD again...

Could you still have a CD friendly meal in Beefeaters? I bet you'll feel heaps better if you did. You could polish your halo!! lol

Just my thoughts...

Lx

ps. also having an Easter Egg and a chocolate bar does seem a step too far (in my humble opinion!). We are supposed to be doing SS here!!

i dont think its the actual cheating i'm scared of, i'm very motivated but i've planned this cheat meal for a while now so I really want to eat those actual foods to give me a 'proper' break! i feel i'm motivated enough to get back on SS the very next day and I'll even have a shake in the day before the meal too so it's as if i'm just having the night off rather than a full week :)

what i'm really wondering about is what sort of naughty meals others have had on CD and how did it affect their weight loss? i know everyone is different but i suppose if I know that others have cheated and managed to get back on CD and keep losing later on then I won't feel so scared about eating!! x

I had a planned meal break I had an indian incl chips/naan and rice and I lost a pound that week (I have a lot more to lose than you). I felt terrible after it and getting back into ketosis was hard just for one meal off. I was freezing all week in the warm weather. Dunno if it was worth it. (the thought of it was better than eating it).

We are not supposed to be cheating!! And talking about whether we can get away with it isn't fair on other people who are trying their hardest not to cheat!! :mad:

lol

I've just fallen off my soap box - serves me right!

lx

Also, i'd be gutted if after paying £43 on CD stuff i only lost 1lb.

Everyone is different i know, but i'm here to lose weight not to waste money.

Lx
(climbed back on the soap box).

You need to decide what you want more. Meal or a loss. If you opt for the meal go and have it, enjoy it, get back on the wagon the next day and forget about the scales. If you're hell bent on a loss you should skip the meal or make better choices. The chances are with everything you're going to have that yes you will have a gain of a few lbs you need to be ready for that. On a VLCD you really can't have your cake and eat it

Ooooh I'm so pleased people are being honest here at last :)

LV30 said:
Also, i'd be gutted if after paying £43 on CD stuff i only lost 1lb.

Everyone is different i know, but i'm here to lose weight not to waste money.

Lx
(climbed back on the soap box).

Couldn't agree more :)

You need to decide what you want more. Meal or a loss. If you opt for the meal go and have it, enjoy it, get back on the wagon the next day and forget about the scales. If you're hell bent on a loss you should skip the meal or make better choices. The chances are with everything you're going to have that yes you will have a gain of a few lbs you need to be ready for that. On a VLCD you really can't have your cake and eat it

yes you're right, i do know that it's likely i will not have the weight loss i want the following week or even worse a gain, but i suppose it's something i'll have to decide upon, whether to have the meal now or later when I've lost a bit more weight. i am committed to CD, i've managed a full month so far without even looking at the naughty foods such as chips, choc, etc and that's a world record for me(!) but i know that at least if i have a planned cheat then maybe this will 'cheat treat' will help me focus rather than ending up bingeing one day. Prior to starting CD I did have a tendency to binge eat so I'm worried that if I try and follow CD without any break at all until the end of May (that's my aim) then I might end up going crazy one day and buying the chocolate aisle in tesco lol!

will have a good think about what to do and decide what's for the best. thanks to everyone for their input, given me food for thought (no pun intended lol!) xx

just thought id post a quick reply :) ive been on the cambridge diet since october and managed to lose just over four and a half stone, slower than some people but im happy :) ill be the first to admit ive never had a night ive been so low i had to eat something naughty, always been planned. i think iv had 4 planned nights off not including christmas and new year , one being a weekend away managed to loose 2 pounds and the other two because i wanted them managed to loose a pound. (lets just say they werent ss+ options though, more what i fancied) Im only 18 so really miss my social life. So few weeks ago decided to swap to weightwatchers, finishing cambridge on the friday and joined weightwatchers on the monday, managed to gain 12 POUNDS IN FOUR DAYS! felt soo low came back to cambridge. point being I know myself after ive had a "planned cheat" im determind enough to get right back on plan but its all down to how you feel, good luck whatever you decide xx

just thought id post a quick reply :) ive been on the cambridge diet since october and managed to lose just over four and a half stone, slower than some people but im happy :) ill be the first to admit ive never had a night ive been so low i had to eat something naughty, always been planned. i think iv had 4 planned nights off not including christmas and new year , one being a weekend away managed to loose 2 pounds and the other two because i wanted them managed to loose a pound. (lets just say they werent ss+ options though, more what i fancied) Im only 18 so really miss my social life. So few weeks ago decided to swap to weightwatchers, finishing cambridge on the friday and joined weightwatchers on the monday, managed to gain 12 POUNDS IN FOUR DAYS! felt soo low came back to cambridge. point being I know myself after ive had a "planned cheat" im determind enough to get right back on plan but its all down to how you feel, good luck whatever you decide xx

Thanks hun, it is difficult to know what to do, i may just knock the meal on the head and have a treat but keep it more in keeping with ss+ or 810, i suppose it depends on how I feel on the day really! i understand where you're coming from with the planned cheats though, i feel the same dedication to CD, never reach for the junk food when I've had a bad day so i know i'm determined enough to stick to it. question is whether i want to face facts that a cheat will knock my weight loss the following week or whether I need to look at damage limitation! may just opt for the half an easter egg instead!

well done on your weight loss by the way, you've done really well! xx

Im having a week off next week. Im taking my nieces away for a few days and for one thing making packs when were out all day is going to be no use but my eldest niece is 9 and is starting to become very aware of thinngs like diet and appearance. The wee one is 5 and is the worst eater imaginable. Shes one of these people for whom food is, most of the time. just an inconvenience. I dont think its healthy for either of them to see me having VLCD packs. Im going to be as sensible as I can but at the end of the day Ive made the choice to come off and itll be worth it for a holiday with my gorgeous girls :)

Im going to have my weigh in on Sunday then give my scales to my mum to keep and Im not looking at them again til the following Sunday when Ill bite the bullet and see the damage. Whatever Ive gained Ill just accept then get straight back on my packs on the Sunday.

I dont think theres anything wrong with a planned break so long as you do accept the scales most likely arent going to be kind to you.

On the plus side the next week should be a good one as all that horrible water goes ;)

yes i think i will definitely have something for a planned break but reading back what i initially wanted, it does read like a total binge! maybe i'll just have a low fat meal and a chocolate as a treat and see how it goes, at least i'll be having something yummy to taste!

exactly :) of course eating anything is going to effect your weightloss on a diet such as cambridge, i know if i had a night off i will'nt lose alot if at all, but you have to prepare yourself and be realistic, your life cant stop just because of this sort of diet. It comes down to yet again your life revolving around food, whether cambridge or such as before bad eating habits. Cambridge has taught me that food isnt everything, i dont have to be constantly stuffing my face, i can have an omelette (ss+) without thinking im still hungry whats for desert, im not longer waiting for my next meal and determind to continue in this mindset! have a brill week off! xx

daniellekay3333 said:
exactly :) of course eating anything is going to effect your weightloss on a diet such as cambridge, i know if i had a night off i will'nt lose alot if at all, but you have to prepare yourself and be realistic, your life cant stop just because of this sort of diet. It comes down to yet again your life revolving around food, whether cambridge or such as before bad eating habits. Cambridge has taught me that food isnt everything, i dont have to be constantly stuffing my face, i can have an omelette (ss+) without thinking im still hungry whats for desert, im not longer waiting for my next meal and determind to continue in this mindset! have a brill week off! xx

Brilliant.... Well stated... I feel exactly the same & I'm only on week 3 20 days in...
I know that once I'm off this my choices have to be thought about...

It's no good eating the biscuits chocolate pizza cake chips Indians Chinese without careful though & in moderation...

At my age this needs to be my last chance at being slim.. Why throw it all away and start again.. More money..
This diet in 20 days has taught me that man/ woman does not need all that food..

I've looked within.. Why? Who? Was I eating all this for.. Was I bored?? Depressed...? Greedy....

I don't want that person again.. CD is about educating us to eat the right foods throughout there steps...

We can't just do ss/ss+ get to our goal and stop...

This is for life!!! We all know how much we weighed at the start,,,
We all know why we started it....

So no going back to McDonald's KFC burger king beefeater chocolate & candy...

We need to be sensible.... Through out our life's - I've read on these forums people putting 4 5 6 stone back on, getting carried away thinking we can be normal & start eating again....
No we can't .. Careful thought throughout the rest of our lives....

Nothing will taste as good as skinny jeans.....

Rant over lol.....

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I think this the most ridiculous thread a plan cheat meal. I'm sorry but it really annoys me and why are we discussing this if your going to cheat and it's a one off mistake and you regret it then carry on feeling bad draw a line move on. BUT to actually plan to cheat is stupid the fact we are on here tells me where over weight and want to loss weight and be happy and healthy. I can not understand why people are saying its ok to do this if that's what you want to do do it. You asking our approval and advice only tells me your not confident enough to do it and want us to say yes it's ok to do this. Well I'll be honest it's not ok and I think NO you should not do this.

I'm sorry if this offends you or anyone else

Back