Cheat Nights!!! (Weigh in nights) is it worth it?

Fat.ems

Hey guys, so I weighed in tonight and I lost 3.5lbs in my first week. To be honest I thought it would be more but hey ho! Anyway at group tonight some members were saying on a weigh in night (mine is at 7pm) if they have lost at group they use flexible syns and have a "night off" or eat a curry and get back on it on Friday. Does anyone else do this??? Does it stop or slow down your weightloss? My consultant didn't seem to mind as long as he was bak on on the Friday? Xxxx

Hey guys, so I weighed in tonight and I lost 3.5lbs in my first week. To be honest I thought it would be more but hey ho! Anyway at group tonight some members were saying on a weigh in night (mine is at 7pm) if they have lost at group they use flexible syns and have a "night off" or eat a curry and get back on it on Friday. Does anyone else do this??? Does it stop or slow down your weightloss? My consultant didn't seem to mind as long as he was bak on on the Friday? Xxxx

If i do this i maintain ..... Think about it if you go way over syns after weigh in you will spend all week on the back foot trying to claw it back and it will take longer to lose the weight too and cost more at meetings as you will be paying for more weeks

I got a curry last night, counted it in my syns, was lovely while eating it, was disgusting once I'd finished and could feel the grease sitting on my stomach. Ugh. Will stick to making my own in future as made a chicken, spinach and sweet potato curry the other week and it was lush and didn't upset my stomach.

I don't really see the point in working hard all week getting weighed and then having a big blow out, its not a healthy habit to have a big binge and that's how I got so fat in the first place, so I'd say if you want a takeaway, fine have one, but syn it. Just think to yourself how much extra can you eat in one night? I know if I set my mind to it its a lot and it would affect my weight losses, if not at the beginning of my weight loss journey definitely towards the end when I have less to lose.

Don't let old members teach you bad tricks chick, it's not worth it. x

Not worth it.

I regularly have a curry though. I'm usually on Green, so will ask for a Prawn Dansak without oil (most of the oild gets added at the end apparently, so is easy enough to do it without. I really do prefer it less greasy as well as it being better on syns) and boiled rice. That comes in at 6 syns and 1 HExB. Obviously more if I want popadoms with it, so I usually don't have them. I think it's worth the syns, but not worth a cheat.

3.5 lb is a good, healthy loss by the way. Why did you think it should be more??

x

I used to this all the time however first it starts that my treat was a pack of salt and vinegar McCoys, then I added some choc or a cake! Before I knew it my treat nights were ridiculous it was just a big binge on everything! This time round I've stopped doing it, felt like I was constantly fighting against it all week. Plus now if I want a little but of garlic bread through the week or some wine, I can because I have killed all my syns off I one day!

However on the other side some ppl say it keeps them on track. I would approach with caution :)

Well done on your loss hope you have another great week! Xx

If I have a cheat night after weigh in it sends me off course. I can't just eat what I want then get back on it. For example I love hifi lights for a little bit of something sweet. I was having them for weeks then thought I'll have some chocolate after weigh in not going much over my syns. One bite and I couldn't stop! I was like some crazed addict couldn't get enough of it. It took me days to pull myself round. now I just stick to the plan all the time and don't have a binge night. Don't get me wrong I'm no angle though!

Not worth it at all. Weigh in night isn't just a big black hole - whatever you eat will affect your weight loss for the upcoming week.

I have a "treat" on weigh in night, but within my Syns. I count my Syns weekly, rather than daily, and by Tuesday (weigh day) I usually have 30ish Syns left. I use them for chips and curry sauce or a mcdonalds, but always make sure I am still within my weekly allowance of 105.

Sabotaging your own weight loss by having an off plan binge after weigh in is so not worth it.

I would treat myself with something on plan - for instance spending money on a nice steak and having it with SW chips and mushrooms cooked with FryLight and garlic.

As everyone else has said, it is sabotaging your weight loss if you don't syn it. Pre-SW my ultimate treat would have been sausage in batter and chips from the chippy. When I looked into treating myself and counting it in my syns it worked out around 60 syns, depending on the sausage! I decided it wasn't worth it and I'd rather buy a crispy chicken fillet and rustic chips from the supermarket. That worked out at 7.5 syns for the lot! I felt like I'd been naughty and indulgent but I was still absolutely on plan. You can treat yourself without going mad.

I also echo the sentiment about chocolate addiction! I was fine until I had some over Christmas, and it's taken me this long to kick the habit again. It's a slippery slope!

Not even a little but worth it!

I swapped to Saturday morning weigh ins for a year & I lost 1/2 a stone in that time, having lost 3 stone in the previous year at Tuesday evening weigh ins.

The difference was that more often than not after my Saturday weigh in I would go off plan for a meal at least.

Now, I just eat an on plan meal & my daily syns after weigh in. I feel far more in control.

So, for me, it was not only not worth it from
A weight loss point of view, but from a financial view point. I'd be at target & not paying if I'd just stuck to plan!

No not worth it, rather have a loss than a takeaway.

There is nothing you can't have on s/w, if you want it just be sensible with your choices and syn one.

Or make your own, there are plenty of recipies about.

:)

I don't do it. The thing I love about SW is its flexibility so I don't feel the need to binge - that's what I'm tying to step away from in the first place.

What I would do if I wanted to 'treat' myself after WI was have a syn free day and then order or curry/Chinese using my syns but not going over. Although generally I feel indulged if I have 6 syns left at the end of the day and can sit with a cuppa and a bag of mini Oreos (or 8 mini eggs eaten reeeeaaaallllly slowly) lol

It depends if you think it will help you stick to plan in the week or not. It helps me because I know Im not going without.
I had fish chips and peas this week and after half of it I had pretty much had enough! Carb coma lol
I work out every other day for an hr doing zumba or on my treadmill,and walk my dogs too. I never go over my syns and try to reduce or go without my portions of carbs if I eat later in the evening. I dont go out drinking or have flexi syn days so I allow myself a take away once a wk. Sometimes its just boiled rice and half a sweet and sour chicken portion.
If you want to do it go for it, you shouldnt feel deprived of things you enjoy. Its a lifestyle not a diet and to be able to have a takeaway is normal :) just make sure you maybe add a bit more exercise in the week.

Cheat night as you call it is a blowing Syns night I would rather have a planned night out than a curry after weigh in because to me weigh in day is just a normal day were as I count a night out a treat !
Mind you quite a few at our group does exactually the same thing ( one that has lost nine stone so that's the way she get's rid of her silliness according to her !each to their own!)

Interesting thread! I just read through the other one that someone posted and wow it was heated!!

Cheat night as you call it is a blowing Syns night I would rather have a planned night out than a curry after weigh in because to me weigh in day is just a normal day were as I count a night out a treat !
Mind you quite a few at our group does exactually the same thing ( one that has lost nine stone so that's the way she get's rid of her silliness according to her !each to their own!)
Well if she's lost 9 st it's worked for her! Lol

I weigh in on a Thursday but my food diary week runs Thursday to Wednesday. So every weigh in day is the FIRST day of my week not my last. I've really found this simple change made all the difference. When I started my week on a Friday if I'd STS or gained I'd be 'I blew it this week so it doesn't matter what I eat tonight'. Now I come back from WI all motivated and feel better about myself that I started my week the best way I could.
I must say I still use flexi syns and do go over my 15 syns at times but this is REAL life and I'd rather enjoy it and be able to live with a few gains as I can't avoid weddings, Christmas etc for the rest of my life so I'm just trying to find the balance.

I had a bad day yesterday and last night consoled myself with food and drink ... I cant even begin to imagine the syns sooo mad at myself but i wouldnt class it as a cheat night .... Because it wasnt planned to go off plan im just really mad i did it as i was doing so well i went off plan and just didnt stop myself .... Im so stupid

Back