Cheated last night and ..... I am glad I did.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shorty, 22 May 2007 Social URL.

1. shorty

shorty Full Member

I have been on CD for about 9 almost 10 wks and have not cheated up until last night. I am due move to next step 790 and for some reason I just went crazy and ate all the wrong things I picked at lots of carbs. Nuts, bread, pasta, biscuits crisps and sweets. For a moment I felt really guilty but now looking back I am glad. I now no longer want to eat any rubbish, infact they did not taste as nice as I imaginged they would. I am going to accept that if I gain this wk that its a temporary blip and I will have to move on and stay determined to get to goal. The last time I did this I just gave up (did this on WW) and it did not make me happy in the long run.

This has been a positive learning experience for me, in the past I would have freaked out and hated myself and given up. I am now more determined to not give up as when we get to goal we still have to learn how to manage how to cope with these moments.

;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    It's great that you managed to get something positive from this experience - what's done is done and thinking negatively only leads to guilt and we all know where that can take us.

Well done for getting back on track. When is your weigh-in? You may find you haven't done as much damage as you think.

4. sim94

sim94 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Hi Short,

Unfortunatly sometimes it take a moment like that for us to realise where we are going wrong.

We done for not it hold you back.

CDC
    Sim

5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Hey Shorty, glad you are feeling positive. Like I said, you're gonna get through this and now you know exactly HOW MUCH you want it :hug99:

6. shorty

shorty Full Member

Thanks for the replies! I get weighed on Thurs. I have learnt that I am only human and the whole point in this diet was to teach myself that I change. Eating like that last night made me realise that food does not make me feel happy and that I only crave when things get on top of me. I want to lose another stone and I am going to get there as I have never really got this close before.

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

That's the fighting spirit I like to see!!! :cool:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.