Cheating on LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not judging anyone. It's taken me years to find a diet that I've succeeded with. I just wanna reinforce the point that you cannot cheat on this diet. Otherwise you fail! Don't shoot the mesengers!!!

I'm not sure why you think it's your job to make this point, I am sure most people on here are aware of it, also people here have cheated and been successful.

How about 'live and let live'?

You also might want to consider that weight isn't just about what we put into our mouths but attitude as well, if I can be compassionate and sensitive and supportive towards others then maybe I can manage it for myself and I won't need to shove so much food into my mouth to push down the horrible feelings I have.

If people are food addicts as LT suggests, then addiction, by it's definition means we are helpless and have no control, and the fact that we manage to get it right most of the time is a ducking miracle!

ps. I probably should just be grateful you aren't sharing your bowel movements with us today. ;)

Well said that man!
You are 100% right, but I do think we men are far more stronger willed and more determined than the fairer sex. It is very rare you hear a man moan, winge or cry about how "starving" they are.

SCAZMAN FOR PRIME MINISTER

"TAXI":character00201::massmoon:
OMG you really believe that!!!! LOL:whip:

I think scazman's points are very valid and I really dont think anyone should be slating him for making them. Yes perhaps they could be seen as a little less tactless than many others but they are all very, very true. I would also like to add it is reading posts from straight talking no nonsense people like himself that has spurred me on to loose nearly 4 st and I thank him for it :)
LT is a Total Food Replacement Diet that is something you can not get away from if you cheat you do face set backs there is no geting away from it.
There are many that have had slip ups intentional or not on LT and have managed to get away with it but the fact remains if you are going to make the commitment of loosing weight on LT it is better to try and concentrate on the task in hand of loosing weight rather than ways of cheating the system.
This is a great forum full of fantastic people and stories of success so take out of it what you want.
LT is one of the most difficult things I have ever done but I have managed to stick to it and I am getting great results.
For all those facing difficulties at times don't give up, think positive but don't be under the impression that it is ever going to be an easy journey because it isn't ... I personally am just glad that I found this forum.
There are enough people ready to slate this diet or any VLCD without us fighting amongst ourselves.

Sno xxx

No-one is fighting about the points being made...Ive said repeatedly, all valid points.

But the points were made in a judgemental way and people who are feeling emotionally screwed at this point could tip over the edge when a success story on here tells them they are a failure and they should just 'get over themselves'. Its called understanding and sympathising.

I just wonder where the compassion in this forum has gone and I dont think people realise how much this post has hurt those who arent as strong as others... and that angers me. People come to this forum for support, not derision.

I reiterate...valid points that TFR requires commitment. But the 'tough love' approach doesnt help.

appreciate what your saying but what about the people that tough love does help.....................just a thought x

Gaz's tough love helped me and many others who were setting out as he was heading towards refeed. He told it like it is and thankfully I listened to him. I just hope that those new to LT are wise enough to ignore the cheats posse and discern which people are worth listening to. Cheats NEVER prosper on LT!!!

It certainly does and I appreciate what you are saying fattothin...it definately does work for some and not for others. But Im not going to allow people to give me a hard time just because I have different opinions to you...even if I am a mere 'newbie'.

Gaz's tough love helped me and many others who were setting out as he was heading towards refeed. He told it like it is and thankfully I listened to him. I just hope that those new to LT are wise enough to ignore the cheats posse and discern which people are worth listening to. Cheats NEVER prosper on LT!!!

Im not in the cheat's posse....I have never ever ever ever cheated.

I just dont like judgemental people.

thanks scaz.

Although, I think this arguement has given me the incentive to give up this forum and spend some time with him. I just feel very miserable now.

That would be a shame Princess.. And might prove to be a bad idea.. Scaz was voicing his opinions, and you have voiced yours.. you're different people. you have different ideas about how to deal with things..

Leaving a forum populated by loads of people because you dont agree with 1 seems a little silly... right ?

That would be a shame Princess.. And might prove to be a bad idea.. Scaz was voicing his opinions, and you have voiced yours.. you're different people. you have different ideas about how to deal with things..

Leaving a forum populated by loads of people because you dont agree with 1 seems a little silly... right ?

No no, its not because people dont agree with me. Im a big fan of debate.

Its not really that, its a few posts (not necessarily but FTT or Scaz) around here have made me feel like Im back in school.

I really went out on a limb tonight and last night getting in to this defending a group of people I actually dont belong to (ie: so called 'cheaters')

Because I had the cheek to go against popular opinion, I got asked if it was my TOTM, told I was oversensitive, I should grow up blah blah blah.

Im an adult and cant be doing with schoolground behaviours.

Plus, I will admit, I dont feel very welcome. I am more than happy to stay on here if I felt that I would be accepted despite a difference in opinion but I dont. Im not part of the 'group'...Im an outsider now and Ive spent enough of my life feeling that way already.

Its not as if Im the only one. I know there are a few members on here who are weary of posting now in case people start getting on their backs. That's not the way these forums should be.

I used to be on the cambridge dieters forum last year and I loved it...it was never like this.

We werent always fluffy bunnies with each other, a lot of active debate went on. It just feels a bit different on here.

I dont want to leave. But I do feel that there isnt much point being on here.

Hi Princess -0f-power :)

Minimins always strives to make everyone welcome and encourages members new and old to participate and enjoy all areas of the site.

I hope that you feel you can still benefit form the support and experiences of all of its members.We're all here for similar reasons aren't we after all :)

Best Wishes,

Lacey..xx :D

hey princess of power
I have so appreciated your posts and voice for compassion. I was flamed at first and it really felt like bullying. I felt completely ostracised- I've been in that position before so knew I would keep on my own track anyway- but it was horrible to suddenly realise the board wasnt for everyone, just an inner group of people who were pushing me out. Then after it happened to me I watched it done to others, I remember one feisty person who fought back but then left for good. I hope you dont do that, you have been so kind to everyone, and I for one totally hear you.
Many many people can only do things if they are competing.
I dont intend to discuss my "cheating" or otherwise, I am breaking new ground for myself with this diet and its a huge thing for me. The idea that other people should legislate my weight/ food/intake/etc for me is something I've always hated and I have found those kind of attitudes a big problem in my life and a contributing factor to my weight problem.
I've watched this thread with interest but couldnt contribute earlier because too busy for the last few days, and didnt know how to express myself. I think the forum is absolutely great and the number of kind and caring people on board is just phenomenal. There is a very big point you being here- you are so thoughtful and helpful. Sorry not to have sprung to your defense earlier when you needed it and have done the same for people like me.

I have only just read this thread, i started with the other one with the poll on, wheni saw this on the list - i just had to see what the fuss was about.

please no one take offence, and for the people who take everything personally and assume that every post is directed at them personally, can i just add one thing??

everything is not about you.

sorry guys, i know i will lose favour cause of this, but i really think that scazz was just venting frustration about posts on cheating, i have had moment when i got sick of seeing them and didn't read anyfor a while, then felt guilty for not helping and started trying to help again!

anyway, scazz vented frustration on cheating posts, other vent frustration on not being able to control cheating, others post on other frustrations, hell i have made my fair share of frustration posts and threads, and included everything from my inside leg measurement to my bowel habbits!

just as we can be frustrated about any aspect of this diet, why cant scazz post about being frustrated with people cheating? what is the diff? seemly its because it has made people feel bad, i am sure that was not his intention, he merely wanted people to wake up, smell the vanilla coffee shake and move on and get on with it. may even trying to be helpful?? i think so.

ok - so the guys can be sexist and partonising, of course they can, its the only chance they have on here as they are out of slapping distance from women! lol

but i really dont see why it has been blown out of proportion. I belong to that group so shunned for cheating, it was a mistake, and both the tough love and the soft touches helped me. i totally agree with the statement that cheating is wrong, it is wrong, yeah its human, yeah it happens, yeah we all have 'days' like that, but it is still wrong, it goes against the plan, and makes you feel rotten. its normal to feel rotten about cheating.

that rotten feeling is there for a reason, to teach us a lesson and to teach us discipline. there is not enough discipline in the world, i am sure scazz has seen that with kids and not being able to chuck the chalk at them anymore! ;)

I dont see why it has been taken so personally by some? am I missing something or ignorant of something?

I have cheated on every diet i have been on - including this one! but with this one and the support of here, this is the one i have stuck to the most, and acheived the most. and that was through tough love and hard work.

if someone is nervous about seeking help, then maybe they can pm someone who's posts they agree with? its a start to get talking to someone. or just bite the bullet and post anyway?

I didn't always agree with responses to my posts, i just ignored the ones that didn't work for me. generally speaking, read any post to check this, most people, like 80% of replies to mosts threads are supportive, helpful and understanding, the others are too, or least intended to be, just as tough love! why be afraid to post when you still get roughly an 80% positive response? that takes quite a negative and pessamistic attitude to feel that way, try to be optimistic and see the best that is staring you in the face. see the support and not just the posts that may have been too strong or too close to the bone for you. and with some posts, mainly from men ;) try to see the funny side intended!

if anyone should feel left out and put out its the men, as they are so few on here.

i really dont think any of us should tread on eggshells, and if someone gets a reply they disagree with, try pm'ing the person who sent it with simply 'your posts upset me a little, because...' and i bet you that they explain, apologise, respond to your concerns in someway, cause even the tough lovers are human.

and if 'you know who you are' is reading this thread, it really is not about you personally! honest! ;)

mmm time for bed me thinks :D night all (or should I say morning!) ;)

Reactions: KD
Princess of power,

I know exctly what you mean,I have not cheated either but do feel others that are struggling should not be spoken to in such a harsh way! I asked about possible re-feed for my holiday and got the same patronising answer from Scaz as he started this thread with, it not only got my back up(and if he knew the year I had had he would never accused me of being weak willed- guess he doesn't know everything eh?)but also has put me off asking advice again here, I didn't want to cheat I wanted to be able to have a meal with my husband in a controlled manner rather than falling off the wagon completely in an uncontrolled way! Still whatever I decide to do will be via advice from my pharmasist in the future!
Shame that newbies don't seem to be welcomed by him or supported, but maybe us newbies can support eachother xx

Well said that man!
You are 100% right, but I do think we men are far more stronger willed and more determined than the fairer sex. It is very rare you hear a man moan, winge or cry about how "starving" they are.

SCAZMAN FOR PRIME MINISTER

"TAXI":character00201::massmoon:
No - They have man flu and can't lift a thing or do anything when their ill instead while us women get on with it ,
As it happens I agree that there's no point being on this diet if your not serious about sticking to it 100% - although encouragement is good when u feel rubbish !:D

before I stopped LT every other post on the board was ooops i cheated it got a bit annoying and in some cases tempting for me if people had cheated and got away with not being knocked out of ketosis .. i also half agree with scaz maybe not the way it was phrased but for some people tough love is the only thing that works for others it may need to be a bit kinder but what still needs to be said is LT is a TFR programme

Maybe there could be a cheating sticky where the people who dont mind helping people who have fallen off the wagon can give support but the people who dont agree with cheating or just dont want to read about it dont have to read it. This would stop there being a number of posts on the board all about cheating which to be honest if you are in a really fragile state of mind might actually push you to doing it!! how often have you read I just munched a packet of ??? and thought ooooooooo i could do with one of them right now (see im nice enough to not mention food;))

for those of you that are reading this and thinking its all very well for her she isnt on LT anymore cool you are entitled to your opinion but just so you know I didnt stop LT because i cheated or jacked it in because i got bored of it . In was 100% committed . I had to give up LT due to a medical problem and it annoys me that peope who are physically fit enough to do the programme waste their chance of being sucessful on it when there are people out there who really want to be doing it who cant, i plan on going back on LT in January if the doctor will let me and look forward toall of you helping to keep me motivated in my first few hard days the next time around.

P.S. Would also like to say Princess of Power dont do a runner you are a valued member of mini's your posts are helpful to people even if some times you think they are not, in any community there will always a be a clique but there are loads of people around who are not in with the in crowd (me included) who will be around to support and help others including you :) seriously just stay

p.p.s Pizzle honey get back on the train you know you can do it xx sorry to hear you have been poorly but good on you for having another go ! xx
Gen x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back