Checking in!

lunar jim

Gold Member
Hi everyone

The kids woke me up early this morning; they're in the front room watching the TV so I thought I'd check in and see how you're all doing :D Plenty of new faces I see

As for me... My stomach is still still sore after the surgery. It's doin' me 'ead in because it rubs on my tops and annoys the life out of me lol! But at least it is over and done with. BTW aggrevating a condition so you get admitted as an emergency is not a recommended method of jumping the queue :D :D

It has been a fairly boring couple of weeks to be honest. I've not been able to go anywhere to do anything. Exercise is of course completely out of the window for another couple of weeks, and I've only just started to be able to drive the car. I've found that daytime telly is rubbish! Apart from the food channels...

Speaking of which, I'm not on any diet at the moment, I'm just trying to calorie count as best I can and watch what I eat which has worked better than I thought it would. I was at a nephew's birthday party yesterday and of course there was a lot of yummy food. I avoided the breads, cheeses, and pies and pastries (shame because the onion and tomato bread looked great), and had crudites with hummus, ham (trimmed the fat off), couple of chicken legs (picked the best meat, avoided the skin) etc. and it seems to have stood me in good stead.

I did fall off and have a parmo the other night, someone found a place which did pork ones (rare these days) but it wasn't a great parmo so I loaded up on calories for no good reason lol. I'm sworn off parmos now after this experience.

But, I've put on two pounds in the two weeks I've had off the diet despite the parmo! I'm putting that gain down to the fact I've been so damn inactive; apart from the birthday yesterday, two hours down the planetarium and a bit of retail therapy on friday I've rarely even been out of the house... No sessions down the gym unfortunately lol :D

Still, had to go shopping as I put a pair of jeans on that morning and they just looked stupid! They're a leftover fat guy pair and I found that 44" jeans don't gather very well when you now take a 36" waist... So, two pairs of Pierre Cardin jeans, two Ralph Lauren tops and a Quiksilver long sleeved top and I was a happy boy :D

While out shopping I got a phonecall from my PCT about this running lark (it is backed by the PCT). They're mega interested in the 'fat-to-fit' story and were checking on the publicity aspect. A condition of joining the project is that you will take part in some publicity; they are paying for all your running gear after all... 'Are you ok for a journalist to call you for an interview?' (yes). 'What about radio and TV interviews?' :eek: :eek:

Back to work tomorrow... I'm dreading to think what my email inbox is like, I bet it's overflowing! My work laptop is currently buried under a pile of paper, a shoebox (Mrs LJ bought some new boots...) and an empty laundry basket!?! Needless to say it has been untouched for the last two weeks and rightly so :D Just wondering what I'll be going back to, my colleague has been covering my work and she knows what she's doing though. I just hoped they haven't coped *too* well without me, if you know what I mean ;)

I'm going to re-start a diet tomorrow too, since apart from the bit of external soreness I'm feeling fine. Probably Slimfast, it's fairly close to what I was doing before though it's about 1200 calories? so the weight loss should be slower. This is fine.

Turned into a bit of a long post :D

Hello nice to see you :D been thinking bout you ooo errr ha ha

Being off work Ill is poo but least it's all over now :)

You've not put on any weight to speak of either!!! Well done !

Hugs x

Good to have you back, Jim, it's been suspiciously quiet around here without you!

Congrats on the new wardrobe, nothing like a bit of retail therapy to perk you up!

Hi BP! Yeah, it was good fun. I was getting fed up with changing rooms though! This whole 'inconsistent sizing' thing is still annoying lol

Glad you're on the mend hun.

I'm still convinced you're going to be famous with all this running malarky, you'll need that new wardrobe for all the 'press' attention.

Now, you'll have to excuse my ignorance but wtf is a 'parmo'? I feel like i've missed out on something that i now may never have, is it very 'naughty'? xx

Hi Jim, sorry you are still suffering with the tum and its irritating the hell out of you. So lovely to hear from you and well done on sustaining your weight loss. Good luck with the emails tomorrow and hope you settle back into your routine and don't miss loose women too much.

Slimfast is one i have never tried, you will have to let us know how you fair.

Keep in touch it has been quiet without you and you have been missed dearly x

Jimmy

Hi Jim, sorry you are still suffering with the tum and its irritating the hell out of you. So lovely to hear from you and well done on sustaining your weight loss. Good luck with the emails tomorrow and hope you settle back into your routine and don't miss loose women too much.

Slimfast is one i have never tried, you will have to let us know how you fair.

Keep in touch it has been quiet without you and you have been missed dearly x

Jimmy

I'll be back on the board a bit more from tomorrow; I've usually got my own laptop open next to my work one and check in from time to time as you know :D

Except I'll have half a ton of work to catch up on, hmm

LOL I want one too!! The look lush... but i think also they are a little evil (A LOT EVIL!)

Glad you are feeling better LJ...it has been quiet here without you! How's the little one - i remember you were both in hospital the same time - Poor Mrs LJ!!

Good luck in this running malarky (can't get my head around running - I love a nice walk/hike... but running - i don't think it's in my genes!!).

Take care!!

Lx

LOL I want one too!! The look lush... but i think also they are a little evil (A LOT EVIL!)

Glad you are feeling better LJ...it has been quiet here without you! How's the little one - i remember you were both in hospital the same time - Poor Mrs LJ!!

Good luck in this running malarky (can't get my head around running - I love a nice walk/hike... but running - i don't think it's in my genes!!).

Take care!!

Lx

Yep, totally evil. I mean, deep fried, breadcrumbs, bechamel, cheese, toppings! :eek: I used to have one a week, no wonder I needed CD lol

My youngest is fine now, they had him on steroids in the hospital, I hobbled down to see him after my surgery and he was really cheerful which was nice :D His barking faded down over the next 3-4 days and he's right as rain!

Hi Jim,
Nice to see you back. I am originally from the north but I had never heard of a Parmo and had to foloow the link to see - they look lovely hmm maybe one day when I am slim I can give in to one.
What is a PCT please?

hey jim, glad your on the mend

finally got that recipie of my bro in law

ok for the filling - red onion, garlic, chicken ( or other meat ) cheese ( to hold it together ) place this inside your tortilla and roll em, place in the bottom of ur oven proof dish

topping - red onion, garlic, tomato, chilli or other spice, tomato puree. spoon over the top of the wraps and sprinkle with some cheese. bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
serve with lots of salad or wedges

Back