Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hey!
I could have taken handwarmers, but like I assumed, I would have had to take a LOT with me because I had no way of recharging them. We had hot water but because it was heated by wood burning stoves every drop counted and I couldn't have wasted the water on heating a warmer. And I thought it'd be very wasteful to take a big load with me and just use once. 3 layers of gloves while doing the activities was good enough most of the time, but when you get below minus 30 I doubt anything would keep you warm. When I was on the horse I came up with a cunning plan and tucked my fingers under the blanket under the saddle. So I had the blanket one side and the horse the other. I didn't have mitts on for the riding because I couldn't have held the reins properly, and we didn't just walk.
I think a lot of the time the hand warmers would have gotten in the way. I needed my hands for holding on to things and unharnessing, etc, they weren't in my pockets or not doing anything. If that makes sense? And the times I wasn't doing something I was warm enough in my regular gloves :)
But yeah, the boots thing is annoying and I wish I'd realised much much sooner. But I know better now.

I think Ellie's lump (post op) is possibly a pocket of infection or it could be inflammation from a suture that hasn't dissolved or something. Or it could be another lump forming. This 'illness' is so rare there's virtually no documented evidence or guidelines or anything (bloody dog!) so we'll just have to wait and see. Can't believe she was mis diagnosed with a super rare condition we treated for 3 years (insipidus) only to be properly diagnosed with another rare illness (Cushings). Cushings isn't technically rare, but it's most common in small yappy types, and Ellie is almost 30kg, so definitely not a small breed.

That's really odd about your wart. Especially as you do just get one at a time in various places. How bizarre?! Haha I share way too much personal stuff on here too. I generally have a "Nothing is TMI" rule tho :) xx

I'm soooooooo tired!! And still incredibly thirsty and pretty hungry. Can't get rid of this bloody headache either!! And not sleeping well at all. Having really weird, incredibly vivid dreams that are waking me up every hour or so. Very restless too! It's not going well at the moment lol.

Not looking forward to work tomorrow and Sunday. Not only are they horrific 10.5hr shifts but they're also early shifts. 8am till 6:30, so up at around 6 :cry: And the stupid horrible snow wont help. Grrrrrr!! Would much prefer to stay in bed ;)

Hope everyone has nicer weekends than me.xx

Oh :( sorry to hear your sleeping has been so sucky. Did you sleep OK while on your trip?
Hope your working weekend flies by... When do you next get a day off? Sounds like you need more time to recharge!
Ok, handwarmers would have been silly :p though I'd have probably lugged along some sort of electric radiator knowing my inability to pack light :D
Yeah, the wart is weird! I've grown to accept it now but my dad always tried to freeze it and it just pooped up elsewhere each time *hmph*

Anyway, hope you manage today :( and fingers crossed for Ellie!
X

I apologise for my last post sounding so negative. I really didn't mean it too :confused: Hope it didn't come across too badly and you knew what I meant. Basically, hand warmers in theory were a good idea, but I really don't think they would have been practical. I don't know what I'd do next time except maybe look for a higher thermal rating glove liner and maybe a similar version of socks. I'm sure silver gloves and socks are recommended for Raynauds people. But I ran out of money and time to look before I went. But at least I know part of where I went wrong with my feet. Too small boots!! Hehe.

I slept ok ish on my trip. But I didn't go one night without even half a sleeping tablet. Luckily I didn't seem to 'overide' them. I was worried that being in so many new places would disrupt me a lot, but I actually felt really at home and safe in all the places we stayed. I was also worried that being so tired would stop me sleeping, which is bizarre but it happens, but I was ok. I generally slept alright but not as long as I'm used to. Didn't sleep past 8am once since I left Liverpool. I must have slept around 10hrs each the nights after I got back. But very restless, lots of waking up, and stupid vivid dreams. I'll be ok. I'm sure I wont end up like Christian Bale in The Machinist :eek:!!!

When I got to work today I found my postcard smack bang in the middle of the notice board in the staff room!! I didn't buy them any stuff while I was away, coz it was bloody expensive! But if it goes to plan and I do drop my car off on Wednesday I plan to go to Ikea on the way back, so will get some biscuits or sweets from there. Still technically from Sweden :whistle:
Today was tough! When you're on an early weekend shift you're in the back, so the only VCA on kennels and theatre. That's friggin' hard work that! Plus I had the lovely, yet annoying, nurse who asks you to do the same thing a million times in the space of a minute. I managed to ignore it most of the time and just did stuff when I could. She is one of the good ones though and will happily wash bowls, clean kennels, put stuff in the yard, etc and not just order you about. But she does panic and wants everything done right now! Which is hard when you have a lot of patients and only two of you doing stuff ;) The vet was being a t*t today too and basically telling everyone how to do their jobs. Not only have I been there over 2 years now, but I'm not a moron and know how to take the breaks off the moveable theatre tables *head desk* It was constant today as well. Not all out mental or a stream of emergenices, just constant stuff. And I'm still nowhere near right and feeling a little delicate. Lots of headache tablets!

I had a sneaky look at the scales today and I think I have maybe put on around 4lb. Not bad going really. Since I've been back I've done a mixture of SW meals and all out disgusting junk food. Will have a half and half day again tomorrow and then back on plan. I know I'll be off again over Easter, but I'll try to limit the damage as much as possible. Hoping I get some answers at the docs on Tuesday about what's been going on with me. I mean, of course I don't want an illness, but if it's something that can be treated and help me feel better then that's good. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to tell him my toes are still pale and numb :sign0007:

Maybe you should keep treating your wart and seeing where the most bizarre place it ends up? Lol.

Will hopefully get to speak to the vet Mum and Rachelle saw with Ellie tomorrow. He was in today but was consulting and we were fully booked. Will try and grab him tomorrow. He did mention possibly prescribing a lubricant eye drop as he thinks her eye may be a little dry because her lower lid is still pulled down. Basically the eye struggles to produce enough tears if more of the eye is exposed. You see it a lot in dog breeds with bulgy eyes. Their eyes are just too big for the tear ducts to cope with! So that could help make her more comfortable.

Just remembered something from the holiday. Has anyone seen Troll Hunter? It's one of my favourite films now, but has to be seen in the original with subtitles (a lot of the humour is lost in the dubbed version) Anyway, it came up in conversation on one of the dog sledding days. Our guide asked if we'd seen it and we replied rather enthusiastically and asked if he had. His reply was a grin "those crazy Norwegians" and head shaking. Made me larf! We didn't see any trolls :(

Right, I should really think about going to bed. These early shifts go by a bit quicker, but man they're hard to get up for. Night guys.x

Back on plan today guys :) Well, giving it a go anyway lol.
Had the worst night last night. I was asleep a whole 2 hours before I woke up in a panic, covered in sweat. Don't even remember that dream! I had so many vivid dreams, have done since I got home. One was a good one though! I was sharing a hotel suite with Biffy Clyro, lol. They were lotsa fun :p I'm going to see them tonight, which is probably why.
Been having lots of dreams about having heart operations, which is a bit scary. It's a big fear of mine to have to go through that again. But the one's I've been having are being done at home/in someone's house by this super laid back Dr and the nurses are my friends :confused:
Then a million different loud things woke me up when I did manage to sleep. I really, really need to sleep!!! My head and eyes are absolutely killing. My eyeballs ache!!!

So, anyway, moaning aside. Going to see Biffy Clyro tonight at Manchester Arena :D I love Biffy SO much! Only saw them once last year, but I think it was the year before we saw them 3 times. I was almost at the front when I saw them at Glasto :D
Took Mum for her physio appointment and forgot my Nexus! Had to have Twitter keep me company.

Food: Green Day + 10

Lunch: Porridge, banana, maple syrup, and almond milk (part HexA1 + HexB1 + 0.5)

Tea: Two jacket spuds, tin of ravioli, cheese, salad, and dressing (HexA2 + 2.5)

Post gig snack: 2 Weetabix, 1tsp of Golden Syrup, Almond milk (part HexA1 + HexB2 + 1)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Zero fake Fanta.

Syns used: 4
Syns left: 6

Last edited:
LOL @ wart idea. Oh god, imagine thr awkward places it could show up (like on my nose or tit or something!)
No worries about last post, didnt read it like that. Had meant the hand warmers comment tongue in cheek really ;) to be honest I never bother to cook then either so am so precious about breaking them open and end up forever saving it..though would probs just throw them in with the pasta :D

Sorry to hear about your panic the other night and scary dreams :( sounds horrible. I dreamt about Noel Fielding last night :p hope you enjoy Biffy!! I do like their stuff but never sat down and gave one of their albums a listen. Does that mean you'll be going to Leeds fest this year? I wanna see NIN who are on before Biffy!! Not sure if Reading tickets have sold out but usually do on the day of release so I assume so!

4lbs is not bad at all and hopefully even that will decrease quickly as you get back into the swing of things! Fab though as it could have easily been double after needing to feed your freezing body that much!
X

I did think about the end of your nose. A witch style wart LOL!

I'm glad I didn't come across *****y. I was (still am lol) having a bad day and it felt like I was being horrible. I wasn't, I promise! Hahaha about throwing hand warmers in with pasta. Hadn't thought of that! Would maybe consider foot warmers next time tho. Or silver socks or something. The rest of me was fine apart from my hands and feet, and my feet definitely came off worse.

Luckily no scary dreams last night. And I didn't wake up quite so often. But did have some insanely vivid dreams. The kind where even when you're awake, but not out of bed, they're still playing out and I can even make decisions about them and 'join in' with them. F*cking weird! I did apparently fall in love with some guy last night and I woke up holding his hand :eek: But then I was trying to buy ice creams and biscuits at a place, coz they were Swedish, and actually lying there deciding which ones my Mum and Sister would prefer. I swear I'm losing it!

I wish so much I could go to festivals. Maybe in the next few years. Got too many things trying to take my money at the moment and Sweden drained me of around 4k in the end!!! So need to get some of that back. I am hoping to go away with Mum in October tho, so trying to save as much as possible.
I'd love to go back to Glastonbury, esp now I have my own car! When I went I actually won the tickets through an organic food company ;) And the only person who was vaguely available to go was my ex....and he had a car ;) So we spent an awkward five days sharing a tent, but it was amazing!! We'd gotten to the tent Biffy were playing at far too early so when everyone cleared out after the band that we're playing we literally raced to the front. Have never been so close to Simon! Simon Neil is by far the man of my dreams ;)

I'm retarded and can't even add up the kg's I'd put on lol. I've actually put on about 3kg, which might as well be half a stone. FFS!!!!!!! :cry: I know it's going to take months to get rid of that. Just in time for my October holiday.... :sigh:

*disclaimer* Extreme moaning *disclaimer*

I went to the Dr's. When I went in he said "Well done" and had a big grin on his face. I do like my Dr!
BUT there's F*CK ALL WRONG WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He asked for tests for absolutely everything, and I mean everything!! But basically, yeah, there's nothing wrong with me. All the tests came back well within parameters and that of a very healthy person. Even my iron count was great, which is a miracle for a veggie.
So he thinks basically all my crazy ass symptoms are a cummulation of years of depression, anxiety, and stress.
And I know it's silly that I'm disappointed, because I don't want a new illness, but I wanted something we could fix. You know? So now I'm right back where I was. Or, actually further back because I feel so damn rough! I've told him about the extreme tiredness and the dreams and everything. We both agreed that it's probably the ridiculous amount of stress I'm under atm. And also that even though I was on holiday and having fun, that good times are really tough for someone with depression too, and usually end with very bad bouts of depression and anxiety and sh*t :(
But yeah, I'm back to where I was with no way to treat all my crazy symptoms. I never thought depression would cause my to lose hair, gain weight quickly/lose slowly, feel so exhausted I want to cry, etc.... Meh. Just wanted an answer that meant I could get some help :(

He said I should maybe try upping my antidepressants. Maybe to start doing one pill one night and then two the next. I'm worried about the side effects from upping my meds as they were horrible when I first changed to these ones. And when I first went on AD's I put on two stone and was an absolute wreck.

GAH!!!! Thanks for reading guys.xx

Did he test for underactive thyroid? Before mine was diagnosed u was extremely tired and had depression

That's what I went for. To see if I was hypothyroid. He tested for that and everything else you could imagine. I need to check with him about another test which can sometimes show underactive thyroid even if the normal tests come back normal. But I was so upset I didn't even think about that, or my x ray results, or to tell him how bad my Raynauds had been. I just had to get out.x

Ah sorry to hear that Its frustrating I am sure

Oh babe! That is such a let down that there is no clue towards solving the mysteries :( *hug* depression TOTALLY wipes you oug and no-one else seems to understand hoe physicalky taxing it is! And new meds are HORRIBLE and people get more suicidal than ever in the first 2 weeks of settling into them- so I understand your stress at that thought.
Jeeze £4K is a lot! I'm really glad it was awesome though, can you imagine if it had been mediocre??
You have SO much going on and it sounds like work is difficult hoyrs too, sounds like you need a day off to just unwind and watch films with friends and just clear your head. How was the concert??
I have to go get ready for night shoot now so am going to have to cut my reply short, but am sending lots of e-cuddles your way! X

Oh babe! That is such a let down that there is no clue towards solving the mysteries :( *hug* depression TOTALLY wipes you oug and no-one else seems to understand hoe physicalky taxing it is! And new meds are HORRIBLE and people get more suicidal than ever in the first 2 weeks of settling into them- so I understand your stress at that thought.
Jeeze £4K is a lot! I'm really glad it was awesome though, can you imagine if it had been mediocre??
You have SO much going on and it sounds like work is difficult hoyrs too, sounds like you need a day off to just unwind and watch films with friends and just clear your head. How was the concert??
I have to go get ready for night shoot now so am going to have to cut my reply short, but am sending lots of e-cuddles your way! X

Yeah depression is not fun at all! Plus anxiety and now pretty severe stress. I'm an absolute joy at the moment ;) I know that mental illness has physical symptoms, but I never imagined I would have so many of them or have them quite so badly. Also, I thought stress was supposed to make you lose weight not friggin' gain it?!! Urgh.... I wouldn't be starting new meds, just upping the ones I have. But I hate the side effects of them and I'm not sure I can cope with feeling even worse right now. But they might just help to support me through however long this rough patch will last and then I can reduce them again. I hate taking meds :(
My Dr's very good and knows I hate having to take stuff, so I know he wouldn't have suggested it if he didn't think it was worth while. I just *sigh*

Was really hoping I would be able to be treated and be made better, you know? :(

4k was the WHOLE thing. The holiday itself, with flights was about 2.5k. But then buying all the gear/clothes, insurance, spending money, hotels in Kiruna and Heathrow, etc... it probably came to between 3.5 and 4 k. Very, very much worth it though! And I have all the stuff now and plan to stay around this clothes size lol! I have space in the stuff to drop another size and them still fit, so I'm good for future expeditions ;)

Work is stressful, but I can generally deal with it. Besides, I chose this career so it's my own bloody fault ;) But the thing that's stressing me about work at the moment is this bloody course. I have NO idea how I'm going to do this course now. I have no concentration and I'm too tired to even think about using my brain right now. I tried studying for an exam before and I don't even really remember what the stuff was I was looking at. Awesome...

The gig was amazing! They get better and better each time. They even had proper set design now that they're famous lol! I love them to bits. They're definitely my favourite band now. Now that Muse have become a bit sh*t. Muse will always be amongst my favourites, but their latest album is just awful. And it kills me to say that! So yeah, Biffy rule :D

Tuesday's food: Green + 10

Lunch: 2 Linda M sausages, half a tin of beans, mushroom & red pepper cheesy scrambled eggs, crispy herby potatoes, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce (Half HexA1, HexB1, + 1)

Tea: Homemade ratatouille: Red onion, red, yellow and green peppers, sweetcorn, spinach, mushrooms, and tinned tomatoes. With Quorn Swedish meatballs, wholemeal spaghetti, cheese, salad, dressing & mayo. (HexA2 + 0.5)

Snack: 1 apple and 1 Bakewell Alpen's, chopped strawberries, blackberries, cherry Activia, and 2tsp of maple syrup (HexB2 + 1)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 2.5
Syns saved: 13.5

Sounds like a good plan with the stats updating! I have a feeling that after 2 weeks in Disney/Florida and American portions I won't be updating my stats for a month :p

It's great that you have all the gear now, you can probably do the whole trip much cheaper now that you're more in the 'know' of what you liked best and such too! You did pretty much have two different holidays in one so it was gonna be pricey! But fab that you can go anywhere in the cold now and be prepared! (wear it out in the snow in the UK even! haha... could you rig your dogs up to a sled and have make shift husky time while the weather is so screwed?! :D)

Fingers crossed that upping the meds doesn't cause that 2 weeks of down patch- I've personally never gotten past that patch, it sucked too much for me so I stopped. I went to a psychotherapist twice a week for a few years instead, frigging expensive though but I was really lucky that he offered me a BOGOF rate because he knew I was strapped by needed the sessions, awesome dude.

I saw Muse a few times- I haven't heard their last two albums though. They were my mum and bro's fave band so we used to do like 'family trip' to Wembley to see them- lol! Their stage show is epic, but not as great as Rammstein or NIN who are my fave performing bands ever- their light shows are just INSANE. Muse did have trapeze artists on hot air balloons though which was preeetty sweet! I'll recommend Biffy to my mum as I think she's looking for something to replace the new Muse album too. Don't take offence to that though- she has awesome taste in music :D I also saw Linkin Park with her years and years ago- lol!

Oh well today was fun :mad: Mum phoned the car place while I was getting ready. And funnily enough, no one knew my car was due in, the courtesy car had gone out, and the guy who arranged my appointment and promised me all sorts was on his day off :rant2: I wasn't exactly surprised, but really really f*cked off!! How dare he does this to me after everything that's been going on!! Mum spoke to the woman who's taken over from the other after sales woman and she was really helpful. Said that she was looking back over all the issues I had and trying to work out how to sort it all. She was very apologetic, even though she'd only been there since Thursday and promised to call me back.
Me and Mum were going to Ikea anyway, coz the car place is 10mins away, so we decided to just go anyway and see what happened. I decided I was going to have a day off plan as a proper childish sulk for yesterday and to help combat the even more added on stress that I knew today would bring. Probably not valid reasons, but I can be vry very good at SW when I put my mind to it so will damage control properly after Easter. Anyway, we had lunch at Ikea. I got a savoury tomato and feta cheesecake with a big side salad and this gorgeous tomato sauce. Had a little box of Lingonberry juice :D Wish they did a sugar free one!
Then the car woman phoned and said seen as we were so close could we bring the car in and she'd have a mechanic look at it. Decided to get that out of the way first and then come back to shop at Ikea.
A mechanic sat in the car with me and it ran perfectly!! He tried absolutely everything to get it to spaz out. But it didn't! It behaved beautifully! He said the clutch and gears were perfect. :confused: But I sat with him and watched everything he was doing and he explained things very well. he wasn't even gentle with it, he really tried to get a reaction out of it. And nothing!!! So they wont take it in until they can see the fault :( I understand this, I do, but it's so frustrating. He said it will either get better or worse. And when it gets worse and persists then to bring it in to them asap. He assured me that it was a good company who didn't fob people off or lie: I almost laughed in his face! But anyway, bugger all they can do.
We did get to speak to the new woman and she showed me my printed out emails with all her notes on highlighting what was still owed to me. She's going to speak to Cam tomorrow when he's actually in and try and get things sorted for me. Still waiting for my log book, money owed for taxis, and now money for petrol seen as they aren't keeping my car in so can't physically put petrol in. I'll give them till the middle of next week before I chase them, seen as it's bank holidays and stuff.

Just :mad:

We went back to Ikea. Had cake and coffee ;) Then did some shopping. I bought a sparkling lingonberry and apple drink to have with Easter dinner, a jar of pickles, some biscuits that look similar to the ones I had on holiday (to stash and ration), and some reindeer to share with Mum. Really thinking of getting some for Christmas dinner this year. As evil as that may sound! But, in all honesty, I would much rather eat Swedish reindeer that's been free all its life to roam forests and eat natural food than a turkey that's been fed fat and protein and kept in a cage all it's short life. I've come to realise from being in Sweden that it IS the welfare standards that keep me away from meat over here. I always go on about people not knowing where their food is from and how it's lived: the horse scandal just proves that! Not that I think everyone should be going out and hunting their food (although that would be the ultimate in knowing where your food is from) but I think people need to be much more aware of where meat is from and what sort of life it's had. Will stop waffling now. I really like reindeer ;)

Had a very low syn tea, but having coffee and a Swedish bun while watching Lightfields. Will be good again from tomorrow until Easter :) Well, that's the plan!

God I feel sick from all the bloody stress. No wonder it's all having such a physical effect. Surprised I have ANY hair left!!xx

Sounds like a good plan with the stats updating! I have a feeling that after 2 weeks in Disney/Florida and American portions I won't be updating my stats for a month :p

It's great that you have all the gear now, you can probably do the whole trip much cheaper now that you're more in the 'know' of what you liked best and such too! You did pretty much have two different holidays in one so it was gonna be pricey! But fab that you can go anywhere in the cold now and be prepared! (wear it out in the snow in the UK even! haha... could you rig your dogs up to a sled and have make shift husky time while the weather is so screwed?! :D)

Fingers crossed that upping the meds doesn't cause that 2 weeks of down patch- I've personally never gotten past that patch, it sucked too much for me so I stopped. I went to a psychotherapist twice a week for a few years instead, frigging expensive though but I was really lucky that he offered me a BOGOF rate because he knew I was strapped by needed the sessions, awesome dude.

I saw Muse a few times- I haven't heard their last two albums though. They were my mum and bro's fave band so we used to do like 'family trip' to Wembley to see them- lol! Their stage show is epic, but not as great as Rammstein or NIN who are my fave performing bands ever- their light shows are just INSANE. Muse did have trapeze artists on hot air balloons though which was preeetty sweet! I'll recommend Biffy to my mum as I think she's looking for something to replace the new Muse album too. Don't take offence to that though- she has awesome taste in music :D I also saw Linkin Park with her years and years ago- lol!

Yeah, ignorance is bliss with a bit of a big gain :whistle: You'll be fine though and you're doing SO well!!

Hehe I don't think my teeny jack russle and my arthritic collie x would pull me very far!! Although our old Jack used to pull us round the park on our roller blades lol!! I'd consider looking in to this if I had a bit of money to set me up bikejor.com I have an internet friend who does it with her crazy springers!

I haven't taken my extra meds yet. Might start the new regime tomorrow night so it give me a few days clear of going to work. Still undecided though. I remember the easing in period all too well! That's really good of the psychiatrist to help you out like that. Sounds like you found a decent one :D

I do love Muse and they'll always be up there as a favourite. But I've only listened to their new album twice and it just doesn't do it for me. Such a shame as I thought I'd be a die hard fan forever! Seen them many, many times. Twice at Wembley! I had the chance to get tickets for this summer, but I completely refuse to pay over £60 for a stand alone gig in Manchester. I think I only paid £40 to see them at Wembley ffs! Gig prices are ridiculous now! But I did only pay about £30 to see Biffy, so not all bands take the p*ss!

Oh don't worry. I wouldn't take offence at you recommending a band to your Mum. My Mum's music tastes go from Russel Watson, to Snow Patrol, to Foo Fighters. We have cool Mum's :D I took Mum to see Snow Patrol in January and we managed to get disabled tickets for her. Best seats ever!!!!!!! Thinking of taking her to all gigs now ;) xx

My mum loves Foo Fighters and Snow Patrol too! Ha :D
It is crazy how expensive tickets are- have you ever tried to buy one for a sold out show? ******. I bought two tickets for sold out Rammstein gig at the O2 arena I think off a friend of a friend and that put me back £160!! I really wanted to take G though as it was the first rock band I'd gotten him into and it was SO awesome. I filled a frame with a load of my old gig tickets from my crazy gig-going years (15-18 I went to about 30 gigs a year!) and I was thinking "how the HELL did I afford all of these gigs!?" and the prices on them ranged from £7-20 for most- smaller bands are sooo much cheaper to see live! Still don't know how I afforded them :p I used to get £30 a week EMA for being poor while taking GCSE's and A-Levels, maybe that's how!
Disabled tickets- woop! Have you ever taken her to Alton Towers? My friend was going on about how he went with a disabled friend and jumped all the queues and how fab it was :p hehe. I might accidentally break G's leg before Disney world LOL.

Cool about the Reindeer meat- is it pricey? Maybe trying a couple of Red days would speed up your weight loss, apparently some people on here say they don't loose ANYTHING when eating carby stuff... Have you tried Red days before? They are so much more effort (obvs especially if you don't eat meat!) but feels like a nice detox to not eat pasta/rice etc for a day. Would you happily eat free range chicken?

Sucks about your car- how weird for it to act all innocent when the mechanic was trying it out! I haven't really had experience with car issues except when G got his before xmas from a 2nd hand dealer and the battery died after about a week (plus we drove it away without realising a headlight was bust) but your situation reminds me a lot of last summer when we got our bathroom 'done up' (aka RUINED) by some 'builders' from my Stepmother's chav family- they totally screwed EVERYTHING up and we got back from hol to find so many issues it was insane. We got them to sort out some things like the toilet which was at a huge angle from the floor and you felt like you'd just slip off of it! And the door not being able to close because they'd done the skirting board too close, etc, but then about a month later we had water gushing out from under the bath because the over flow pipe wasn't connected properly- and the shower which is ELECTRIC either burns or freezes us with barely any middle ground- now the f*ckers won't come back to fix it because my dad refused to pay them for the extra day of work they did to set straight (literally) all the thing's they'd originally skimmed over. They were meant to completely re-do our bathroom and I am FURIOUS every time I go in there now, SO many issues. I just wanted a working shower- they insisted it was a better deal to get the whole bath set and they shoved a really tiny bath in that my hips don't even fit in- even after I'd REALLY clearly stated I wanted a bath the same size as our luxurously roomy old one or just to keep the old one. Nope. Now I can't f*cking fit in it and it leaks and everything is sh*te!! *pants* calm down... F*ck it p*sses me off just remembering all that! For weeks I was raging all the time. My dad paid like £2K to get it all done up and they basically ruined everything and we can't get angry at them because technically they're 'family'. FFS. They even tried to blame the neighbour when he complained about a leak caused by the bath! They came to check it out and said it wasn't from the bath but from the neighbour's guttering, charged us for the consultation and left. BUT IT WAS THE BATH!!!
Anyway, I just wanted to empathise with your car situation but now I just want to hunt down my 'uncle in law' and f*cking hurt him :p thank GOD he hasn't showed up at any family events since, I think he knows he's not welcome anymore. D*ck.

Anyway, I'll help you hunt down these car people and unleash this^ anger on them if your car screws about again :p

Back