Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I'm not surprised you're tired, you work, study, look after your mum, clean the house, look after your animals and this is on top of having CFS it would make anyone tired. If you can sleep/relax take it while you can, I didn't get up till 12 today either :)
I completely understand where you're coming from with the gas, I have IBS and my digestive system does all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff which can be quite embarrassing sometimes :eek: It can take offence to mostly seemingly inoffensive things. This could also be why you have unexpected gains or don't lose as quick, if it's playing up and you're bloated you'll gain I know I do.
Hopefully you feeling tired will mean you'll get a decent amount of sleep x x x

Hey Barbette!

Aye I know why I'm feeling the way I am, just don't feel like I can do anything about it.
Really painful today, esp my head and upper body. Noticed how sore my arms were trying to get dry after my shower - which took aaaaaages!!

Tbh I'm not that bothered about the IBS-like stuff being embarrassing, but I really hate the burping. Especially when it's so sulphuric. It's nasty!

Didn't sleep well at all last night. Probably because I knew I was in work today. Just can't switch off when I know I have work or something important the next day. Woke up so many times really panicked :(
Really, really struggling today. So work will be fun... Will just have to try my best I suppose.

Attempting a fast day. I feel so rubbish I don't really feel like eating. Have had some porridge and I'll pick something up on the way home if I can be bothered. xx

I've heard that if you drink a glass on hot/warm water on an empty stomach as soon as you get up helps with the burps. I don't get the burps but Ian just have them really, really bad but that was down to a medicine he was taking. He was really embarrassed about it so he talked to his Dr and got taken off it.

Hope work wasn't too bad today and that your aches and pains ease a little x x x

Work was a bit crazy! Well, a lot lol. The lack of VCA's even made it to the board again lol. It was like "Short on VCA's the sequel!" They only had 2 in before I got there.
My phone was very busy, but I at least managed to do some cleaning and stuff when I had it. Feel awful when I don't even get time to clean a kennel or put the washing on!
I got pulled up about a mistake I made on Friday, but I knew about it anyway. I'd given drugs to someone to hand out that I shouldn't have done - in my defence it was while we were dealing with that super aggressive dog, they were "just" worming tablets, and I had checked them. But, whatever, it was something I shouldn't have done and I damn sure wont ever again lol.
My boss was fine about it, she just had to speak to me about it.

I don't get the burps very often, but these sulphur type ones are horrible. And you can pretty much guarantee it only happens when I'm stressed and in work. Odd that isn't it? ;)

No ease from the pain I'm afraid. Feel like my head and face are going to explode. I did take some paracetamol and Naproxen, so will try and carry it on for a few days seen as I'm in work a lot this week. They might build up enough for some relief by the time work's done lol!

Managed to stick to my fast day today. i started feeling quite hungry while I was at work, but no naughties out and I didn't take anything with me.
I stopped at Aldi and then Sainsbury's on the way home and got a nice big carton of soup for my tea. I like having soup on fast days :D Went for New Covent Garden vegetable soup coz it's all thick and chunky. Nice!!
Going to have some cereal when I watch The Bridge in a bit. Should really do some work, but I just don't have the energy at all. Will try tomorrow :) xx

Tuesday Food: 500cal Fast Day

Lunch:
Porridge (101)
120ml Koko milk (32)
1tsp of maple syrup (10)
= 143

Tea:
Carton of New Covent Garden vegetable soup (228)

Snack:
30g Coco Pops (116)
45ml Koko Milk (12)
= 128

Drinks: Coffee. Water. Coke Zero (1) Teapigs peppermint tea.

Calories used: 500

Exercise: 4hrs at work.

Last edited:
I don't find the Naproxen really does anything. Or maybe it's just that it doesn't do enough? I guess I'm lucky I can take non-steroidals, esp seen as I have asthma! But then I can't take codeine, which is what they keep offering me even though I've told them a billion times I can't take it. I cannot do my job if I'm orbiting mars ;)
Very painful today :( Have only just eaten though so not taken any pain killers yet.

I would love to think tonight will be better. But our new 4-9 cleaner is on holiday from today and work aren't offering cover for them. So I won't even have any help with cleaning or the washing this evening. I'll just have to do the best I can. Will warn my boss that I'm incredibly painful and I'll just do what I can.

Had a nice big lunch today. My tummy feels horrible tho! Woke up a couple of times with abdominal pain and feeling sick. :rolleyes:

Just got an email from my tutor and I got a distinction for that ridiculous radiography report that took me months to write!! I hoped it'd be a distinction, but wasn't sure what she'd give me with having to attach that extra information after I'd submitted! So *phew* and I should bloody think so ;)
My boss said I can have the time to re-sit that exam on Friday that I failed last week. Haven't even looked at it!! Need to get back in to the swing of coursework again. Have had 3 days off from writing now and I think that will have to do.
My friend Caz keeps texting saying we haven't seen each other for ages and she misses me. I've seen Michelle once since we went to Birmingham. Can't remember when I last saw Tim - probably martin's birthday. Not seen Laura and Ad in over a year! I just need to remember that once the course is done my life will be easier and my free time will be my own. Just hard going thru it and not having the time or the energy to see your friends or spend proper time with your family!
So yes, I need to get this done and dusted and get my life back!!

I say whilst sitting here drinking coffee watching The Wright Stuff ;) xx

So sorry to hear you are so achey and feeling sick. Don't over do it at work...it's not your fault the cleaner is on holiday!

Congrats on the distinction!!! You must be happy your hard work paid off :D I'm sure you'll pass the next exam how few answers you got wrong last time!

Time management is hard and must be even harder with CFS! I'm sure your friends understand why you are unable to spend as much time with them right now, but what a great incentive to get cracking with the coursework! I have to admit, having that guilty,looming feeling of 'I really should be studying but all I want to do is watch TV" is one of the reasons I didn't stay on post-grad! (and the lack of the thousands of pounds it costs ;))

Take care!x

I'll try :) It's hard though because (most of us!) we have this team mentality and we hate leaving work for the next person. But we have this rolling 24hr service for this kinda thing. I just hate the overnighter coming in and I'm like "Sorry, there's 10 kennels, the washing's up the wall, tonnes of autoclave stuff, etc..."

I'm very pleased with that distinction! I'm hoping now that even if I suck at section 3 and get lower marks I will still average a merit.
I know now it's different with having yet another illness, but when I was studying with the OU I wanted to do it and I was doing it for me and my God I worked hard! I did loads of courses with them, completed the equivalent of 1 year of a degree, and got 2 certificates for my trouble - a certificate of higher education and one for natural science. Even got some letter after my name ;) But I think the difference is that I chose to do OU stuff and, most importantly, it was interesting and well written and the support was amazing! I think a lot of distance learning places could learn from the OU. I'd definitely go back to them if I ever had the money - I'd have to pay now the rules have changed. I was very lucky to get complete funding and also grants via the OU. Very lucky!!! I didn't really have that "I should be studying" guilt because I wanted to do it. I remember one course being particularly intense and it did take over my life (not that I had much of a life back then ;)) but I loved it!!

Oh there's just no way a lot of people could go post-grad now is there? The fees are insane!! I doubt I will ever get to finish my degree if I'm honest. I do, apparently, have a CPD budget in work but the courses open to my grade are awful!! I would consider pushing to use my budget for other distance learning in the future though. it's there and it's my money to use! Even if it only part covered fees for something like canine behaviour or something to do with rabbit nursing/care. Something I will bring up again once this b*stard course is done.

Hope you're having a good day Sophie :) xx

Wednesday food:

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Half a tin of beans with cherry tomatoes and spinach
Cheesy scrambled eggs with red pepper and mushrooms (half HexA1)
Little potatoes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea: Quick free curry.
Quorn pieces, red onion, mushrooms, red & green peppers, spinach, and cherry tomatoes mixed in to a tin of free chickpea dahl. (made 2 big portions!)
Packet of Chinese rice
Salad
Cottage cheese

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Mini Malteser bunny (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 19

Exercise: 4hrs at work.

Last edited:
I did my degree with the OU - it was tough at times what with a full-time job (and a husband). I started it before I had DD, took (a long) time out and finally finished when she herself was at Uni! There wasn't a great choice of courses when I started but things are very different now. Cheeky - is it your first degree? If so, surely you can get part-time student fee loans which, for OU purposes, are based on your personal income and not the household income with the usual rules about not repaying until you earn a certain amount? I agree about the dire situation for post-grad study - DD was/is only able to do it because she applied for, and was fortunate enough to win, bursaries, scholarships and research grants. (Sorry, that sounds like proud Mum boasting - it isn't meant to!)

Any way, a massive well done on your distinction. That's a great achievement and even more so under your circumstances. Good luck for the exam on Friday - I'm sure you'll ace it this time!

i understand where you're coming from with the team thing. No-one likes leaving jobs undone at the end of the day, but if you don't have the time, then you just don't have the time.

Your food sound delicious. I copied your idea of the stir fry after my late night last week; it was so successful that I've got another for tomorrow, so thanks for the idea!

I'm not sure what the rules are with the OU now for fees and stuff. My friend is still with them studying her second degree, but just managed to get in before the deadline for the fees and grants being sorted. I might go back to it in the future, but I don't know. It would be nice to get the degree I want and it is mostly relevant to what I do anyway - I wanted a natural sciences degree :)
But there might be other types of courses that will obv be more specific and relevant to my work. I would like to break in to behaviour at some point and it might be a good move with being diagnosed with a probable lifelong illness. A definite future possibility, but I would need to train properly for it. I could get a degree in that too if I wanted :) Something to think about anyway.
But I would definitely like to do some rabbit/small animal nursing courses and then canine behaviour and training again. I did start one a long time ago, but I realised that Ellie wasn't suitable and it would be far too stressful and unfair to put her through it. So before I thought about re-applying for that type of course I would need a dog suitable for it!! Quite a commitment when you look at it like that lol!
Ellie has taught me a LOT about behaviour and we have been through so, so much with each other. She's fear aggressive and we've had to work a lot together over the years - crazy nutcase that she is ;) But I couldn't have "used" her in an official training capacity, it wouldn't have been fair.

I was lucky this evening and after the 6pm rush I didn't do too badly. I didn't leave a single unclean kennel, I did some washing, folded and packaged some surgical drapes, cleaned and packaged a crap load of surgical equipment, and put the autoclaves on a couple of times.

Thank you about my distinction! After that I got an email to say my medical case is great, but just to re-check some spelling :eek: But my first aid case is brilliant and can be sent as it is! And that's from the tutor who marks them, so I trust that ;) Have just gone thru the medical case and hopefully spotted and changed everything

I like the quick, easy stir fry :D I might have that tomorrow for my fast day tea :) x

PS. You have every right to be a proud Mum ;)

Last edited:
Woohoooo! Got a distinction for my first aid leaflet and talk :D Another one done ;)

Work wasn't too bad today. We had no management in and everyone was dead chilled and worked about twice as fast as normal lol. I was in theatre prep but also helping in kennels a lot too. One of the receptionists went home sick and the kennel vca had to be pinched for the front - drives us insane!!
But it wasn't too bad and I actually got to cuddle 2 puppies!!! Finally :p

I took in all my evidence for the case studies I've been writing and blacked out the client information - you're only allowed to leave the animals name on. So that's all set up for tomorrow. Hoping my boss can scan it in and send it to me tomorrow so I can send these assignments off. have got the first aid, medical, and surgical cases ready to go. Hoping these will be distinctions considering the tutor has already given me praise for them and not asked me to add anything in. Fingers crossed!

Definitely having a fast day today and not eaten anything yet. Going to have porridge for lunch soon, Quorn fillets & veg for tea, and probably Coco Pops/Puffed Wheat later :)

Also dropped off the biscuits and chocolates at the garage on the way home. They seemed really made up :)

This afternoon I will be starting the write up of the next 2 case studies and sorting out the bunnies. Might get them out in the garden run for a bit seen as it's nice today. xx

God I'm good!! I wrote a first draft of my radiography case and it was very basic and I was unsure about some stuff. So I went and cleaned and fed the bunnies, de-poo'd the garden, and then went for a shower. Text my friend who's not long passed the course and we had a quick chat. I sat down and had a think and hit it again. Have doubled the word count and I'm pretty sure I've covered all the bullet points that are needed in decent detail.

First time round I just wrote about the dog, what was wrong with him, what we did, and paid more attention to the radiography bits. But then I added a big introduction to the case and made sure to write about all the bullets points they want. If I just did it in-case I wouldn't cover all they need because one animal would never cover all the things they want, so I always write an introduction to my case studies and then write-up the actual cases.
Seems to have worked well so far so I don;t see why this one would be different. It's just that what they want is quite basic and I've hopefully expanded quite well on what they want. My friend's gonna have a look at it for me anyway and I'll send it to my mentor and hopefully get a chance to see her tomorrow.

Bloody starving now so really need to go make my tea. My Sister made hers and her Mr's tea earlier so it could "sit" in the pan. And Mum's just made hers. So I am absolutely starving now!! Have done well to put up with the smells and put off cooking till 7! Will need an early-ish tea and bed tonight coz I'm in work at 8am tomorrow. Doing ALL the shifts this week :p

Well done on another distinction, you're really rocking this coursework :D
Glad you had a good shift at work and I'm jealous of the puppy cuddling. I've been watching videos of Pomsky puppies they're really cute :)
I hope you enjoy your tea and get an early night x x x

Well done on another distinction! And well done for your the piece of CW you did today! You must be averaging a distinction?

I will never understand how you do fast days. I remain in awe!

Enjoy your tea!xx

Hey guys :D

Thank you for the distinction love!! My friend has said my case study is fine and I shouldn't waste more time with any more detail. So, score!! Just need to get a tiny bit of info from work tomorrow - I need the setting we used for his x-ray apparently. Which is stupid because we're not, by law, allowed to take x-rays. But, whatevs....
So that's good! Just need to find a kitty to help x-ray now and that will be done :) I wrote that in under 3hrs, which is worrying me. But I honestly can't see what could be missing. And I will have another animal to add - I need a dog and a cat.

I don't have access to my earlier marks, before this tutor took over. But I'm sure they were mostly distinctions with a merit or two. I probably am averaging a distinction at the moment, but I can't imagine I'll be putting this much effort in to section 3 because it's boooooring! But, my competitive side might come out and have me battling with myself ;) It's a pain that all the practical stuff only comes with a 'pass' grade, so it's difficult to see. And the marks tally isn't adding up, which I assume it doesn't until it's complete. Annoying!!! ;)

The puppies were CUTE today! one was like a yorkie cross think and I think the other was maybe a Bichon, or at least had some Bichon in it. Both around 8/10 weeks old too. Very cute!! And not too sick, so that was ok ;)

What on earth is a Pomsky? What ridiculous cross has someone come up with now?!

Hehe the fast days are alright. I mean it's not like I'm having no food :) I do feel a bit *empty* today for some reason, but I'm knackered and I think the comfort/fuel snacking is trying to creep in. Which can get lost until tomorrow. I have a carb-filled feast day planned tomorrow ;)

Just watching some Agents of Shield and I'll have my cereal'y snack in a bit. xx

A pomsky is a cross between a husky and pomeranian, they are cute though. They're the lastest fashion doggie.
Puppies are so cute and kittens, you'd make a fortune if you could figure out how to make them stay like that forever lol.
Good lick with keeping the snacking at bay, I couldn't do it, I'd be chomping someone's arm off by now ha ha ha ha x x

Oh dear Lord! They'll be THE most vicious dogs to have ever existed. People really don't think :( I bet they are super cute tho!! Just little sh*ts ;)

I'm going to have some cereal now and then head to bed. I can feel my face getting super hot. When I'm over tired I go pink like a toddler :p My Sister does too lol!

Will do food shortly.x

Back