Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Thanks Barbette! Is there's a proper lease or is it one of the balloon payment things that you don't have to pay if you want to give the car back or swap it for a new one?

The quote I got for me having only one years no claims was £330 for the year. I think I'm paying about 7 or 800 at the moment. it was £1500 last year!! So massive, massive drop for me. £30 a month for insurance would be a miracle!
I'm sure they'd take he car part ex, even if it's not worth much. I'm just worried that the finance that is left to pay on it could be all the car is worth! So I wouldn't technically have a deposit. I have very little spare cash left now because of all the repairs on my car. Definitely not hundreds of pounds worth of deposit! I think this left-over finance is the bit that's bugging me the most really.
The two dealerships near me have some "nearly new" cars with less than 2000miles on the clock. Probably ex-test drive cars or something. That's how my friends got their Skoda, it was an ex-display and had about 3k knocked off the price.
My mileage for last year was 2,000. And that was with trips to Wiltshire/Somerset and Bradford! As well as all the getting lost and scenic route taking I do. It's because I have virtually no commute, I could be in work in 10mins if there was no traffic. My sister's the same! So I could technically suggest a lower mileage limit. Would say maybe 3 or 4k a year to be safe. But I doubt very much I would ever get close to that.

I think I'd be quite happy with around a 3yr payment plan. Especially if I get the whole maintenance and service package thing. Seems like a small amount to add on to the cost for such HUGE piece of mind. I understand that wear and tear isn't included in that, but I would hope not much could wear in 3 years on a brand new car doing such low miles. Well, nothing compared to what I've paid out for this car!!

Aye I noticed the white was a free colour. I think it's so cute! Looks like a little polar bear :D But I do rather like the green, even for the extra cash! Most of the nearly new cars seem to be the white option tho. Would prob be best to see them in real life anyway!

Don't worry I'll be very honest about what I can afford!! I want to cut costs, so aiming for the £150 a month mark including insurance is a safe bet. I'm insanely sensible with money so wouldn't push my budget with something like this. Promise :)

I will ask the mechanic tomorrow about what to tell any dealership people I speak to. Everyone I've asked has basically said "As long as you get it through their gates it's their problem" Lol! The thing is, I'm a terrible liar and I don't know if I could do that *blush*

Just watched the last two eps of The Bridge (Omg!!) and eated a lot of chocolate..... Oh well, at least my meals were on plan and very low syn. It's a start!

Off to bed. Will see y'all tomorrow.
Thanks again for the messages. And thank you for helping me out Barbette. So very much appreciated!xx

We Buy Any car says my car is only worth £875..... Bloody hell!! So the repairs I've done have cost MORE than the b*stard thing is worth?! What the *&$%£@@!!!! :cry:

So the quicker the better then?! Lets hope the garage is happy to send it away with minimum fixing and I can get to Skoda asap and get this thing rolling!

Never thought I'd own a new shiny car!!xx

It's a balloon payment thing lol. After 3 years you get 3 options, hand the car back, pay the difference and keep it or use it as part ex to get a new one.
I think they do a "no deposit" option but that would put up the monthly payments, in fact they do.
I would also ask them about gap insure, it just means if something was to happen to it say it was stolen in the first year, you would be paid the full original price instead of what it was worth at the time. Meaning you'd be able to pay off the remainder of the finance without any difficulty.
Good luck for today, I hope you get something sorted x x x

Hey guys!
Sorry for going AWOL. Had a busy day yesterday. I dropped the sh*t-mobile off at the garage and then went to Rachelle's house to help out a bit. I volunteered for her most hated job and de-poo'd their back garden. The fence is broken and next door's dog has been coming in and using their lawn as a toilet for a good few months.... Wtf they feed that dog I dunno ;) So I did that for her and then got on with some wallpaper scraping. Her friend Becca was there and we had a good old laugh. Then their friend Amy arrived, who I swear could be related to us! And then John and Mum turned up. We ran out of wall paper scrapers LOL!
It was a good day though and surprisingly fun.
Spoke to Becca about the car situation as she's done the Peugeot "just add fuel" deal and she said it was the best thing she did. Took the stress and hassle out of owning crappy cars. I don't qualify for the Peugeot deal because I don't have 2 years no claims yet. And I don't know if I would want another Peugeot after this! I'm sure they're lovely cars when they work!

Still waiting for news from the garage, which is worrying. They had to keep it in overnight because they were a bit busier than expected. But it's past 3pm now!! Hmmm..... One of the mechanics was surprised when I said I wanted to get rid of it as they're usually good little cars, so I said "But I've done over 1k worth of repairs in a year" and he was like "Well, ok then, yep..." LOL!

I just think this Skoda lease type thing is the best option for me. I would go for the full maintenance, repair, and tires package too for extra piece of mind. Those options don't seem to add on very much to the monthly repayments. Less than £20 I think. It doesn't cover wear & tear, but you would hope in a brand new car you wouldn't wear anything out!! And Skoda offers this free Ensure service with free breakdown and repair cover too. It's seriously everything I could want! And it should work out cheaper than I'm paying now! I pay £110 a month finance, £67 insurance, and £8 Green Flag. PLUS the ridiculous amount of repairs and the road tax is £150 a year for mine! The Skoda would be 0 road tax! And I'd imagine much, much more economical.
Have read so many amazing reviews about the Citigo! It sounds amazing. Maybe not super on the motorway, but I don't spend a lot of time on them. But the top speed is 99mph so it can go fast enough! Some reviews say the ride gets even more comfortable the higher the speed lol.

I think I would like the 3 door SE model (not sure I could push to elegance) with Green Tech and I am more and more edging towards white. I think I'd add the optional extra of the tech/navigation package too because it's about the same as buying a Satnav and it does more. The elegance comes with that, but still don't think I could go that far.
The closest Skoda dealer to me has a second hand 2012 white Citigo SE that's done 8k milkes for just under £7k. I wonder if you can still add on the maintenance and service packages on a second hand?
Used Cars - 2012 SKODA Citigo 1.0 MPI (60PS) SE Candy White How insanely cute is that?! I greatly dislike white cars btw, but for some reason I love the little ones in white! And I'm not bothered about it getting dirty because I don't care - have never washed mine :p

Also, food wise I have been awful!!! Too much chocolate and yesterday was pretty much just junk food!! I feel so ashamed of myself and can't imagine what damage I've done. Trying to get back on plan today tho. Need to really try!
Last night I did the secret night eating thing! Found the wrappers this morning!! Not done that in ages :eek:

I also just had my learner review with my college tutor and she's really impressed with me. Gave me SUCH positive feedback and she's really impressed. I was blushing like mad!! She said it looks like I'll be done well before the end date if I keep this up :) She gave me some tips and advice too. She really is lovely :) So pleased.xx

Last edited:
It's a balloon payment thing lol. After 3 years you get 3 options, hand the car back, pay the difference and keep it or use it as part ex to get a new one.
I think they do a "no deposit" option but that would put up the monthly payments, in fact they do.
I would also ask them about gap insure, it just means if something was to happen to it say it was stolen in the first year, you would be paid the full original price instead of what it was worth at the time. Meaning you'd be able to pay off the remainder of the finance without any difficulty.
Good luck for today, I hope you get something sorted x x x

I guess my redemption fee for the finance will be less than what I would owe with the monthly payments and interest. My finance doesn't have an early pay off fee or charge! So Maybe the car is worth around what the finance is left. If I had to I could maybe swing a £200 deposit from the bank of future me and just suck it up. i would have to pay two months insurance up front too, but that should be about £60! Which should be fine considering I pay more than that in one month!
Hoping me having quite a low mileage allowance would bring the repayments down a bit - I think I'm going to ask for 4000, which is 2000 more than I used this year, but would rather overestimate than end up paying for extra miles. You know? 3000 would definitely cover it, but just in case. You never know do you?! I think 4 is sensible.

I like the options Skoda gives you at the end of the finance :) Their customer service seems amazing! Were you really happy with them? xx

It sounds as though you had a really good time yesterday - hard work, but fun. How lucky your sister is to have so many people to help!

Great news about your learning review - it doesn't sound as though you have anything to worry about there.

Fingers crossed that you can sort out the car issue. Is the worry about that causing your midnight feasting, do you think?

Hi Patty!
Aye my shoulders weren't happy with me last night, but was worth it to help out. Was pretty fun actually :) Rachelle has some really amazing friends! Becca actually came up to get me from the garage because it had just started raining :)

I have no doubt that I will still worry and stress and moan about the course. But yeah, was lovely to get some positive feedback and have someone tell me I am actually doing really well and I should be very proud of what I've been doing. She said my standard of work is really good too *blush*
Oh how lovely it would be to pass the course sooner than expected! My free time will be mine again. ALL MINE!!! ;)

I think such a big collection of stressful things has pushed it over the edge again. I wish I could get the stress and cortisol production under control because it's really horrible and I don't feel like I'm coping at all. Easy enough to say you need to stop worrying about stuff!
The car situation wont be helping at all and I think the sooner I find out if I can get the Skoda the better. Trying to work out what days someone would be able to come with me. I was hoping tomorrow, but not sure if anyone's free. Even just to talk to someone and see what the finance options are and if I can actually afford them. If I can't I don't know what I'm going to do! It does look hopeful though, but I can't help worrying about it.
Vicious circle isn't it?!

Have spent the afternoon sorting out my radiography cases, attaching evidence, and have sent them off for marking now. Have written out the questions for the short answer one I failed too. So currently need to study for 2 re-sits and one new one! I have till Wednesday though, although it's more likely I'll get to do them on the Thursday really.
Need to look at a couple of assessments tick lists too, but might see if my nurse friend Marie will do them with me at the weekend - the basic ones! It doesn't have to be my mentor that does them and if I can get them out of the way over a weekend then it's better for me all of us. xx

News from the garage! They can't find anything wrong with it :confused: Which is good, I suppose lol. They've asked if I can leave it with them another night so they can have another go tomorrow at trying to make it misbehave. I've explained that the things it's been doing since the 'puter was re-started and the battery fitted may be things it was always supposed to do, but didn't. I've asked if they know should it beep whenever the engine is started. This has always happened, but the breakdown guy said it isn't normal....
So yeah, it's having another sleepover and I should get it back tomorrow afternoon. Bit of a pain really. BUT if they can't find anything wrong with it then maybe it is ok and that gives me time to go speak to Skoda and get some ideas of what I can do and not feel hurried and have to buy second hand because I have no other option. Like Barbette said, if there is a 3 month wait on a new Citigo then I do need to know I have that time with my car because it would be super inconvenient to go without one now. Couldn't be doing with an hour commute each way on two buses for work! Nope!! Would cost me a fortune as well!

The only thing bothering me slightly is that the tax and MOT are due again in the summer. I *think* both in August. So would really rather like the new car to be mine before then. I have a feeling that the back tires will need replacing, so there's £80! Then the MOT is about £45 I think. And I think it would definitely need servicing by MOT time too, which is another £100+. Oh and 6 months tax is about £75. So yeah, would be ridiculous to have to pay all that out and then get a new car! That amount of money could be used as a deposit!
When my work friend ordered her new car it would have overlapped her tax and MOT by about a month, so the dealership paid for it for her because of the waiting time for the new car. Which is pretty cool! Can't rely on that happening to me though lol.x

Another good food day ruined by chocolate!! Damn it!! The hard to syn stuff has pretty much gone now and I seriously need to get back in charge of my eating. I hate it when it gets out of control like this. Feel like it's not me doing it tho, as lame as that sounds! But I need to give myself a kick up the bum and get back to eating sensibly again. I'd *just* lost some weight and I bet it's all back on now *sigh*

Right, going to bed to read. Need to pick a new book!
Night all.xx

Hi Cheeky,

Hope you manage to get the car situation sorted out! It all sounds very very confusing and hard to make a decision. F & I are thinking of buying a car but we can't decide if we want to buy a new one and have a credit to pay back or get a second hand one which risks falling apart quickly and cost us just as much in the long run... That said, I'm not used to driving on the wrong side of the road and risk scratching a brand new one while I'm getting used to it!

Don't worry about the chocolate, it happens to all of us! For me it was nougat yesterday. A colleague brought it back from Morocco and it was lovely! I could have eaten all of it but didn't (luckily!)

I totally relate to what you say about not feeling like it's you though! It can really be like an out of body experience at times! You just have to have it! I have every faith in your ability to get back on track though! You can do it, Cheeky! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

xx

Hey Sophie!! :)

In my experience NEW CAR! Lol. But I have a feeling that I was very very unlucky and they saw me coming. Having spent now over £1,000 on repairs since I bought it I am taking the easier route and going for a new car. If they let me ;)
For me getting a new car with a full service and maintenance package is what I personally want and feel I need. I can't cope with this constant stress and literally throwing money away. I need some piece of mind and to think "Well if anything happens it's not really my issue". I'm also going to add on a courtesy car to my insurance (with the Skoda it's £3 a month) as an added extra. I NEED everything covered!

With the chocolate thing I feel like I'm feeding my stress. I don't feel it's comfort eating as such, but it's like my body is craving this high energy stuff just to get by. I know it's happened before and I got passed it, but I really need to try and slow it down and stop it. You did really well only having a bit of nougat!
I'm hoping because I have slowed it a little now, after my weekend shift I will get back on track on Monday properly :)
I know I can, just very hard to get out of being stuck like this. I'm not even blaming Easter as I think it would have happened regardless.xx

I have the car back. They couldn't find anything wrong with it other than 9 of my dashboard/display light bulbs had been taken out. Assuming this is yet more nasty work done by original dealer to hide issues wrong with the car. Back at the start of all this I read a review for them from this guy who'd had similar issues to me, kept taking the car back because the "check engine light" kept coming on. They kept taking it off him for weeks at a time, like they did with me, and on the 4th time they gave it back it was ok. So he took it to his own garage and they'd taken out the check engine light.....
So no wonder I didn't know the battery was failing or the headlamps were out or there was a major oil leak or any of the other issues!! Just can't believe it! Well, I can, and I'm not surprised in a way, but bloody hell!! :mad:

Hey Sophie!! :)

In my experience NEW CAR! Lol. But I have a feeling that I was very very unlucky and they saw me coming. Having spent now over £1,000 on repairs since I bought it I am taking the easier route and going for a new car. If they let me ;)
For me getting a new car with a full service and maintenance package is what I personally want and feel I need. I can't cope with this constant stress and literally throwing money away. I need some piece of mind and to think "Well if anything happens it's not really my issue". I'm also going to add on a courtesy car to my insurance (with the Skoda it's £3 a month) as an added extra. I NEED everything covered!

With the chocolate thing I feel like I'm feeding my stress. I don't feel it's comfort eating as such, but it's like my body is craving this high energy stuff just to get by. I know it's happened before and I got passed it, but I really need to try and slow it down and stop it. You did really well only having a bit of nougat!
I'm hoping because I have slowed it a little now, after my weekend shift I will get back on track on Monday properly :)
I know I can, just very hard to get out of being stuck like this. I'm not even blaming Easter as I think it would have happened regardless.xx

I have the car back. They couldn't find anything wrong with it other than 9 of my dashboard/display light bulbs had been taken out. Assuming this is yet more nasty work done by original dealer to hide issues wrong with the car. Back at the start of all this I read a review for them from this guy who'd had similar issues to me, kept taking the car back because the "check engine light" kept coming on. They kept taking it off him for weeks at a time, like they did with me, and on the 4th time they gave it back it was ok. So he took it to his own garage and they'd taken out the check engine light.....
So no wonder I didn't know the battery was failing or the headlamps were out or there was a major oil leak or any of the other issues!! Just can't believe it! Well, I can, and I'm not surprised in a way, but bloody hell!! :mad:

:eek: 1,000 pounds on repairs?? What a nightmare!! A new car definitely does sound like the most attractive option and will put your mind at ease. I think you need as few worries as possible and as long as you know you are financially comfortable enough to make the repayments then a new car will def lift a massive weight off your shoulders!

You are doing really well and I'm sure you will be well and truly back on track on Monday. I know what you mean by fueling your stress! We need to remember it really doesn't make us feel better, but even worse! But in times of trouble it's hard to remove our emotions from the equation and remain logical.

I can't believe they took the lights out! How sneaky! Surely they should be shut down for doing something like that? Or you could call Watchdog or something? Sheeeesh! Some people really will do anything to avoid making an honest living! What they don't understand that word of mouth these days is so powerful and they would earn much more money by doing one job well and reaping in the benefits of good recommendations rather than doing a sh*t job and work up a sh*t reputation! Pfffft! They really should be shut down!

xx

Hey Sophie!
Yeah in just over 12months of owning it I've had the head gasket fixed, a leak on the gearbox, punctures repaired, 2 tyres replaced, a whole new clutch system put in, a new battery, full beam and side headlamps on both sides, windscreen wipers, etc... A LOT of money! I've now spent more on repairs than what the car is worth! And still have £1,000 - ish left on finance!

They're beyond dodgy this place! I've sent my story to Watchdog now, you and 2 of my friends gave me the idea yesterday.

As for the overeating. Because I'm so constantly stressed and over producing stress hormones like Cortisol, my body feels like it's struggling and cant cope and is craving this high energy food. This happened last year too when the stress got too much and I had a bit of a breakdown. I just don't want it to get that far again! It's what's causing the night-time snacking I don't know about. My body is craving more and more energy and keeping hold of it more (weight gain) because it thinks something awful is happening to it and it's trying to cope by collecting and keeping as much energy as possible :(
Of course I have some control over this, but it's very difficult to fight against your own bodies needs. Just a god job I wont give in and live on pizza's and takeaway's and stuff!!

Right, off to work. Doing a 9:30-8 today *yawn*!! xx

The scales are being remarkably kind to me after what I've shoved in my face this week.
I've gained 1kg or just over 2lb. Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.
Frustrating that I could gain more than that on a 100% week though. My body is ridiculous!!

Been talking to my friend at work about the car and she desperately wants a Citigo too!! :D

I think Sophie's said everything very succinctly! Removing light? Charlatans. You could feed that back to your work's legal people perhaps?

It sounds as though you're not particularly unhappy about the gain. Given the distress you've been in and the secret eating, I don't think that's too bad really - and some of it may well be temporary bloat.

Hope work wasn't too bad today.

Hey Patty!
I think it's probably too late to prove that they did that though. It's been over 12 months and I suppose in that length of time I could have been anywhere or done anything to it to "prove" evidence. Only saying this because I know how ridiculous and sneaky the showroom are and I doubt very much I will ever, ever get anything out of them. Having re-read some CAB advice pages it seems after 6 months after purchase there really isn't anything you can do without serious proof and evidence. And I know I'm telling the truth and that I have a good garage, but whether any of that would hold up or whether they'd even be willing to get involved in a dispute is an unknown.

As much as I hate it I might just have to cut my losses and put it down to an awful, awful experience. As if I don't have enough trust issues! You never know about Watchdog tho eh?

About the gain I thought I'd be looking at being back at square one at 78+ kgs. So just 1kg on is an absolute miracle considering what I've been like this week. Feel better about a fresh start on Monday now that I haven't set myself back too far. A couple of pounds I can deal with :)
Food's been on plan today. Nicked a couple of Quality Street in work and I might have a small chocolate thing this evening. But probably within syns if I were counting. Within Hex's too :)

Work was actually ok. And it's odd that I feel like that because we had a LOT of sad pts's, it was super busy, I kept having to go in the back to help Becci out, I kept getting stuck in isolation with the two parvo dogs, etc, etc... But was actually alright! I just seemed to roll with it today. This evening was pretty bad tho, between 6-8, and I did get super stressed. But yeah, it was ok :)

When I was talking about the car with my work friend before and I said why I'd picked that Skoda dealer in particular - it's won loads of customer service and other awards - and I said I might as well try and start off well. Then said "Well I couldn't do any f*cking worse could I?!" LOL!

I very nicely asked one of our vets if he would authorize Davey's allergy meds again seen as he saw him the other week and his seasonal allergies have kicked off. So a short course of low-dose steroids to start it off and Piriton from now until the end of summer. Poor little man is an itchy doggy!!
Had to smuggle them out as I forgot my purse today. Must remember to pay tomorrow or the practice manager will hunt me down ;)

Last edited:
Sorry I've been awol, been really busy/poorly.
That's really naughty of the dealership with the bulbs but I have heard of dodgy dealers doing that before :(
My sister-in-law just got a proper quote for their insurance for their Citigo and it was £196 for the whole year or £18 per month, just shows how low the insurance is on them. I couldn't recommend Skoda enough, they've been brilliant with us and the SIL. He was straight talking not trying to push unwanted stuff on us and give us really good advice. The Yeti is the best car both of us have driven, not had one single problem with it (touch wood lol) and drives like a dream. We're fully converted and have already said it will be another Skoda in 2.5 years when you get the next one.
You did well with that small gain and I wouldn't worry, with all the stress you're having it's not surprising your body is craving junk.
Poor Dave :( I hope his tablets kick in soon and sort him out.
I'm glad your shift was ok and I hope you're feeling a little better than you did the other day x x x

Back