Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I work in a PDSA hospital :) I'm a (student) veterinary care assistant there.
Damn hard work, mentally and physically tiring, but I love it. It's such a huge opportunity and I'm so glad I finally got the chance to do this.

Will stop gushing now ;)

Wednesday: Odd hours at work today. Doing 11:30-3:30. Gonna take some fruit and a Mug Shot with me to have as a sort of quick lunch on my break.

I have been so, so tired today and incredibly hungry. Seriously fighting the urge to devour a mountain of chocolate :eek:

Really annoyed I just didn't feel up to going out running tonight. Was really looking forward to it, but I'm so tired! I'm really achey and I'm so bloody tired from not sleeping well. If I don't manage a run tomorrow I'll at least have Sat, Sun, and Mon to try and fit at least one in.

Breakfast: 1 regular and 1 chocolate Weetabix (HexB1 + 1), banana, raisins (2), Splenda, and skimmed milk (half HexA1)

Break: Mug Shot and tub of melon.

Snack: Apple

Tea: Pasta and Sauce mac and cheese (rest of HexA1 for the milk I used and 2), 4 Quorn nuggets (2), 1 Quorn southern fried burger (2.5), microwave veg bag, and low fat cheese (HexA2)

Snack: Fibre Plus (HexB2)
Funsize Maltesers (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Diet Irn Bru. Dark chocolate Highlights (1.5)

Syns used: 16
Syns left: 12

Exercise: Work. Walking to and from bus stops.
Over an hour slow walk with Ellie (at least 10mins was waiting outside the Dr's for Mum though)

Last edited:
Hi hun, hope you're not getting poorly.
I love all the SW meals I can have and love eating healthily in that respect, but for comfort nothing beats chocolate does it?! I wish they could invent a 0 syn snack that had the same effect!! :)

You're job sounds great though, I wanted to be a vet when I was 12...then I found out you hadrosaur study forever and changed my mind! Wish I'd done it now tho! :(

I'm in no way clever enough, or rich enough, to train to be a vet! plus I'm too old now really :p
I am still considering training to become a vet nurse at some point in the future, but being a VCA is so involved and actually quite close to being a VN (I'll be able to dispense drugs and monitor anaesthetics when I've done my training) that I'm not sure now. Not in any hurry tho :)

I think I was just majorly tired last night PCS. Still feel tired today, but a lot better.

Thursday:
Went shopping with Mum and we went to Costa. Went for a Mocho Frescato for something different. Can't find the syns for that on here, but the vanilla on is a HexA + 2.5 syns for a medium so I'll go with that :p The milk in that is the only HexA I've had today anyway, so I'm not too worried.

Finally got out for a run tonight. Was a really tough one and I'm pretty sure I died at one point, but I feel brill :D Got to use my new massage bar from Lush for the first time too. Supposed to be brill for post-exercise muscles :)

Lunch: 3 Quorn sausages, a 'fried' egg, Hello Kitty spaghetti, little herby potatoes, wholemeal toast (HexB1), and tomato sauce (1)

Snack: Handful of grapes, raspberries, and 2 blackberries.

Tea: Chinese packet rice with stir fried peppers, red onion, courgette, and broccoli.

Drinks: Coffee. Medium mocha Frescato in Costa (HexA1 for the milk and 2.5) Coke Zero. Lucozade Lite (they are free aren't they???)

Syns used: 3.5
Syns left: 23.5

Exercise: Walking to and from bus stops and around Tesco. probably about an hour or so.
40mins run/walk with Dave on the hilly route.
Just over 10mins walk with Ellie.

Friday: Working 10-8 today. Have lotsa nommy food to take with me though :D

Chucked a pedometer in my pocket today to count the amount of steps I took from leaving the house to getting back home again. It registered 2700-something! I thought it would be way more :confused: But I'm sure it kept turning itself off :rolleyes:

Breakfast and first break: 1 regular and 1 chocolate Weetabix (HexB1 + 1), raisins (2), banana, Splenda, and skimmed milk (half HexA1)
Shape Zero.
Half fruit tub: Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and red grapes.

Lunch: Tesco Light Choices tomato pasta meal (1.5) and low fat cheese (HexA2)
Salad leaves, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, and dressing (0.5)
Rest of fruit tub.

Evening break: Fibre Plus (HexB2)

Tea: SW chips, half tin of beans, Quorn fishcake (5.5), low fat cheese (HexA2), tomato sauce (1)

I seriously need chocolate: Kinder Egg (5.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Options (2)

Syns used: 21
Syns left: 17.5

Exercise: Work and walking.

Last edited:
Today was an absolute nightmare!! Just insane! We had people waiting over 2hours for their appointments. As well as the walk-in's. The phone's did not stop! The call count for today has to be some kind of record.
Luckily the bank holidays are very evenly shared out-I think we do 4 or 5 each over the year. I'm not back in till Tues now :)

I'm so tired :zz:

Happy Easter everyone :D

Had a nice day yesterday. Went for lunch with Mum, to the theatre with her and my friends, then did some wandering round the shops :)

Saturday food:

Lunch out at The Egg: Moroccan Yum Yum (loadsa veggies in a tomatoey sauce. 5 for the raisins)
Came with rice, pasta, cous cous, and salad. Was quite oily so I'm gonna count 2 HexB's for the oil.

Snack: An apple.

Tea: 2 veggie burgers (1), Mexican packet rice, salad, low fat cheese (HexA1), el mayo (0.5), and dressing (0.5)

Treat: Malteser bunny (8)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 15
Syns left: 17.5

Exercise: lots and lots of walking round shops and to and from the bus stops.

Sunday Food.
Hmmmmm.... Have had a hot cross bun, big bowl of mini shredded wheats with raisins, a lovely big roast, and lots, and lots of chocolate! :17729: Got a Hot cross bun and custard dessert in the oven too :eek:

BUT I made myself get out and run.
Did a new route with Dave today and we were out for just over an hour.
Walked Ellie straight after for 30mins too :)
So I'm hoping that will help a little :whistle::angeldevil:

A new week and back to it!! Got two weeks till it's Mum's birthday so hoping for 2 complete 100% weeks :D

Good day today. Spent the afternoon cleaning out the pigs&bunnies, and the garden. Sat out with a coffee and book for a bit while they were all in the garden run.
Then took Dave out for a big, long run. And walked Ellie straight after too.
Nice shower, nommy tea, and my lunch is sorted for work tomorrow :D

Monday food:

Lunch: A Spongebob toastie-bought my sister a Spongebob toastie machine for her birthday....she was 23 :p
Wholemeal bread (HexB1), low fat cheese (HexA1), red onion, cherry tomatoes, and Quorn beef.
Salad leaves, peppers, cucumber, beetroot, and dressing (0.5) El mayo (0.5)
Pack of French Fries from a multipack (4)
And a small bowl of red grapes, raspberries, and blackberries.

Tea: Pasta and Sauce Mac and Cheese (2 + part of HexA2 for the milk), Quorn southern fried burger (2.5), microwave veg bag, and low fat cheese (rest of HexA2)

Snack: Fibre Plus (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash.

Syns used: 9.5
Syns left: 5.5

Exercise: At least an hour cleaning out the animals and garden.
1hr10min run/walk with Dave.
25min walk with Ellie.

Tuesday: Back to work! Only in 1.5days this week tho ;)

Breakfast and break: 2 Weetabix (HexB1), raisins (2), banana, Splenda, and skimmed milk (Half HexA1)
Half fruit tub-red grapes, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Shape Zero.

Lunch: Wholemeal pasta and 1tbsp of extra light mayo (0.5) with Quorn pieces, peppers, red onion, tomato, and sweetcorn cooked in 1tbsp of Reggae Reggae sauce (1)
Rest of the fruit.

Tea: 2 small jacket spuds, 2 veggie burgers (1), refried beans, cottage cheese, low fat cheese (HexA2), salad, and dressing (0.5)

Snack: Apple Crumble Bear Nibbles (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 5
Syns left: 15.5

Exercise: Work and walking to and from bus stops.

Last edited:
Wednesday:

Breakfast and break: Banana, Shape Zero and fruit tub: pineapple, mango, kiwi, and grapes.

Lunch: Wholemeal toast (HexB1), tin of ravioli (2), Quorn beef, low fat cheese (HexA1), salad, dressing (0.5)

At the cinema: Bear coco cherry pie Nibbles (HexB2)

Tea: Pasta and Sauce Mac and Cheese (2 + part of HexA2 for milk), a Quorn southern fried burger (2.5), microwave veg bag, and low fat cheese (rest of HexA2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 7
Syns left: 23.5

Exercise: Work.
Walking to and from bus stops.
Walking around town and Asda.

Last edited:
Had a really nice afternoon! Sorted out the garage animals then went to meet my friend for a play date with Davey and a dog she's looking after. They got on really well and we walked and walked and walked. And stopped off at a pub for a diet Coke ;)
Took Dave to 'meet' my Dad at the cemetery too coz we were going past :)

Food:

Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages, half tin of beans, 2 mini waffles (2), wholemeal toast (HexB1), and a two egg omelette with tomatoes, mushroom (still trying!), and low fat cheese (HexA1) Tomato sauce (1)

Tea: SW salt and pepper chips-using onion, peppers, paprika, and cajun stuff. 2 veggie burgers (1), salad, and low fat cheese (HexA2)
Extra light mayo, salad dressing, and tomato sauce (2)

Evening treat: Fibre Plus (HexB2) and 2 Hotel Chocolat chocs (6)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet lemonade. Squash. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 14
Syns left: 24.5

Exercise: At least 3hrs of walking with Dave.
25mins walk with Ellie.

Back