Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Just to say, got caught up and cleaning kennels is HARD work- I remember that from 12 years ago and work experience in my local vets over the summer! That's how tough it is, you remember it for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Just to say, got caught up and cleaning kennels is HARD work- I remember that from 12 years ago and work experience in my local vets over the summer! That's how tough it is, you remember it for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

It is isn't it?! lol! I'm not surprised you remember it :p

With us being a hospital as well we have a LOT of kennels. I mean we have over 20 dog kennels alone, and a cat ward, and an isolation ward! And we're very busy and generally full to bursting most of the time. Good workout tho LOL!

Did the work experience put you off? ;) Have to say that working with/teaching kids is far scarier to me!!

Wow, what an inspirational food diary. I'm really struggling and only lost 2.5lbs in five months. It's not going well :-( You've given me lots of ideas tho

You didn't read it all did you?! If so congrats on staying awake :p

I really like that you've gotten ideas from my diary! It can be quite tough trying to come up with new meals and snacks and not just sticking to the same few things. I really struggle with that at times!

I hope SW starts to work for you. It can be so frustrating when something doesn't work.

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello :D
Kelly.x

Sunday: Nowhere near as stupidly, crazy busy as yesterday. Still busy, even by our standards, but we coped today. Worked my ass off to do as much as possible before the overnighter came in. It was a tip yday when she came in coz we just couldn't do it.
Wanted to throw the phone through the wall tho :p But I got through today and coped with some pretty horrific stuff.
Also held an eyeball for the first time....didn't realise what it was at first. Don't worry, wont go in to detail ;)

Breakfast and first break: 1 Chocolate Weetabix and 1 regular one (HexB1 + 1), raisins (2), banana, Splenda, and skimmed milk (half HexA1)
Half fruit tub- grapes, raspberries, blueberries, and cherries. An Activia.

Lunch: Portion of quiche (HexA2 for the feta & cheese)
Home made potato salad (1 for mayo)
Salad, beetroot, and dressing (0.5)
Rest of the fruit tub and kids pack pineapple.

Afternoon break: Toffee yogurt and a packet of Bear Nibbles (HexB2)

Tea: 2 small jacket spuds with low fat cheese (rest of HexA1) and Asda good for you pear & apple cottage cheese (1.5 for the tub).
Salad, pea shoots, beetroot, peppers, cherry tomatoes, and dressing (0.5)
And 2 Quorn Sizzling Burgers (2)

Treat: Peanut M&M's (11.5) Funsize Chomp (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Double Johnnie Walker and ice (5)

Syns used: All of them :D
Syns left this week: None :eek:

Exercise: Another very busy, long day at work.
Walking to and from bus stops.

Last edited:
Nope, I loved the small animal stuff. It was the large animal vets that put me off. Cows have dead eyes and scare me... teenagers, though callous and vicious don't scare me half as much. LOL

Nice, mostly relaxing day off work :) Most I did was feed and clean the garage animals and de-poo half the garden.

Lunch: Tomato Pasta & Sauce, last piece of quiche (HexA1 for cheese), salad, spinach, tomatoes, and dressing (0.5)

Afternoon snack: Fibre Plus (HexB1)

Tea: Portion of chilli out the freezer with extra sweetcorn. Mexican savoury rice with peas added. And salad, spinach, beetroot, and dressing (0.5)
Low fat cheese (HexA2) and cottage cheese.

Snack: Funsize Mars Bar (4) 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 5
Syns left: 10

Exercise: Just sorting out the animals before.

Last edited:
Tuesday: I seriously can't be a*sed with anything today. And feeling meh about the gain and just can't be bothered with proper exercise. Just :(

Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages (2), Doctor Who spaghetti, 2 'fried' eggs, crispy potatoes, and wholemeal toast (HexB1)

Snack: A couple of cherries, a few grapes, and a Pink Lady apple.

Tea: Pasta and Sauce mac & cheese (2+ bit of HexA1 for skimmed milk), 6 Quorn nuggets (3), salad, tomatoes, beetroot, and dressing (0.5)
Low fat cheese (HexA2)

Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2) and a toffee yogurt.

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke. Options (2)

Syns used: 9.5
Syns left: 15.5

Exercise: Walking to, around, and back from the shops.

Last edited:
Since when?

Have you done a wee?

Are you eating til all f'lup? or til 'splody?

Any chance you could vary your days?

Speed food challenge?

Put on a lb in a week.
Really working hard on my portion sizes, although probably not hard enough.
I can't really vary my days coz I'm completely vegetarian now-proper veggie since Jan :D
I don't know much about the speed food challenge.

I just feel so rubbish and don't know where I'm going wrong. I'm gonna have to get the dress altered-if it can be! If it can't I am seriously screwed :(

Wednesday:

Lunch: Sachet of porridge (HexB1) made with 100ml skimmed milk (part HexA1) and water. Raisins (2), banana, and Splenda.
Small bowl of grapes, cherries, raspberries, and blueberries. A Shape Zero.

Tea: Yasai chilli men in Wagamamas (HexB2 + 6 for oil. It was really oily! And 4 for the tofu)
Edamame beans with salt.

Snack: a Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Syns used: 15
Syns left: 15.5

Exercise: Walking to and from bus stops and a bit round town.

Last edited:
Are you eating ENOUGH. You're not going hungry are you?

Try the 7777 challenge?
7 syns, 7 new speed foods, 7 different superfree over 7 days?

Hehe I really do think I am eating enough and I think I need to work on my portion sizes. I mean I don't feel that I abuse free food or anything and I don't eat till I'm stuffed, but I think sometimes my portions could be a little smaller. I'm doing better with making work lunches smaller-well more salad and less pasta/rice/etc.

Oh and I had had a wee :p

Only 7 syns a day?! :eek: The week leading up to my friends hen party I was restricting myself to up to 5 syns a day so I could save as many syns as possible for the meal and night out. Although I ended up sticking to whisky and just one beer rather than cocktails.

I'll have to have a look at the super free and speed foods. I do eat a LOT of fruit and veg already tho :( Esp when I'm at work.

Well I've sorted out my dress problem. I didn't think it would work, but I tried on a similar dress to mine in Debenhams and it would only do up as far as my one. Put on one of those waist nipper/waspie things on and it was like a freakin' miracle!!
Came home and put it on and I could even do the dress up myself!!! I think that bit of material is the best thing I have ever bought ;)

The dress fits lovely and I look rather slimmer :)

Now I have a new problem in that the dress is very low at the front and back!! But I've found a plunge multiway bra that comes with clear straps and can be done backless with some weird almost round the waist straps. This is it anyway: http://www.choice.co.uk/intimates-s...656845404.prd?amendCommerceItemId=74392002444

So ordered that in a few sizes and hopefully that will work. If not will have to trudge round town with the dress and waspie so I can try on bra's with the dress :rolleyes:

But it fits!!! My dress goes on!!! And I can carry on with SW as normal and not worry so damn much about losing weight quickly. Can go back to being nice and chilled out.
Still gonna work on reducing my portions tho :)

Saturday: Went for a shopping day with my Mum. Sister met us for lunch :) We went to our fave veggie place and I decided to treat myself to their mega squishy cheese on toast with salad, cous cous, and pasta :D
Gonna use all my Hex's for today towards for the cheese and wholemeal bread it plus all my syns to cover any extra's like any oil used in the pasta & cous cous as well as the few squirts of salad cream.

Breakfast: Little bowl of grapes, cherries, and raspberries with a Shape Zero.

Lunch: All HexA's and B's + 15syns.

Tea: Low fat Supernoodles, Quorn steak pieces, red onion, peppers, cherry tomatoes, and 1tbsp of Jack Daniels bbq sauce (1)

Snack: Hotel Chocolat choc (3) Toffee Yogurt.

Syns used: 19
Syns left: 11.5

Exercise: Lots of walking round town.

Thanks for the 'like' Shrimpy! Feel so less stressed already. Just need to find me a bra and by some hold-ups and I am done for bridesmaid dress related stuff :D

Hello Fiona!! I'm doing ok now thank you. Feeling a lot better and ready to just plod along at my usual pace and not get too stressed over weight loss!
How're you doing?x

Next weightloss countdown will be for my holiday at the beginning of Oct. I will not stress. I will not stress. I will not stress ;)

I have a lot of clothes sorted already-been buying bits and pieces for a while as well as my usual t-shirts and shirts! If I could reach one goal before my holiday it would be to get in to the size 12 Joe Browns denim cut-off jeans I bought. I'd be really, really happy to be at that point by the time I go away :)

One dress size in 3 months isn't too much to ask is it?! ;)

Back