Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Ooh hair is lovely :)

Crazy about the family it's a bit mental how often these things seem to happen in families people fall out for years and noone really knows why - sometimes it's as easily solved as someone finally bringing it up and everyone realises it was over nothing :-/ very bizarre x

Thanks icklerockchick :)
And, I know, it's a bloody stupid situation. Families eh?! :rolleyes: For so long it's just been me, my Sister, and Mum.x

Anyway, todays food. Wednesday: Extra Easy + 10 syns

Lunch: low fat Supernoodles, 2 Quorn fillets, and a microwave bag of veggies.
Tea: Portion of ratatouille from the freezer with Quorn mince, tagliatelle, bit of cheese, and salad.
Snack: Hot chocolate and a Fibre Plus.

HexA: Cheese/kara milk
HexB: Fibre Plus
Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 18
Exercise: Just a bit of hoovering and cleaning. Nothing epic lol.

Balls!!! Awkward family situation alert....
Basically my Mum's side of the family haven't spoken to us (except one Sister occasionally calling and another one turning up for a one off visit) since my Dad died 7 years ago. No idea why, no explanation, nothing...
We still get Christmas and Birthday cards off them all
c090-1.gif

Anyway, Mum's Sister who occasionally calls phoned tonight to let Mum know her dad's in hospital coz he had another stroke on Monday. Yeah, waited till today... Mum wants me to go in and visit him with her before she goes on holiday on Monday for 10 days.
As bad as it sounds, I don't really have much feelings towards them and it's not something I want to do. But it looks like I have no choice and I don't want her to go alone.
I'm pretty sick right now, with some crappy virus, so I'm worried about that.
BUT what will I even say or do?! There'll more than likely be other family there. I'm a bit
theserpyrun.gif
about it to be honest
icon_sad.gif

Sounds a tricky situation hun
:(… If you only want to go to support your mum, you could just stay in the waiting room - so that your there if she needs you, but then your not getting yourself involved. xx

Thursday: It wasn't too bad seeing my Granddad. Quite nice actually, although he was certain I was the 'younger one'/my sister lol. I don't mind that ;) Luckily there was no one else there. It was just really, really awkward! We might be going back before Mum goes away.

I'm having a Green day today and I've had 2 HexA's. BUT I don't feel too guilty because one of them was fake milk, I only really feel guilty if I have 2 Hex's worth of cheese :)

Lunch: Veggie breakie.
At the hospital: A small soy caramel macchiatto.
Tea: Packet of Mac & cheese made with kara milk and water. With cheese and a microwave bag of veg.
Snack: Little tub of WW jelly and an Oaty Bar.

HexA: Fake milk + cheese
HexB: Bread + Oaty Bar
Syns used: 8.5
Syns saved: 19.5. I ALMOST made my 20 syn target ;)
Exercise: Around 30-45mins walking.

Thanks to everyone for the hair comments and the advice about my Granddad :)

Ah gotcha! My husband is just the same, one coffee with milk and he's walking round clutching his stomach all day! I prefer soya milk anyway. Now you've mentioned coconut milk though I reckon I'd like to give that a go. I know it's always a stupid thing to ask but what does it taste like? Does it 'work' in tea? Hope your day has been ok.

I think it'll be best if I just go through the whole thing with her. It's just horrible when you don't know what to expect isn't it?! :(

Aww i'm so glad it went well for you!:) I know what you mean not knowing what to expect, I think your mind can run away with itself too, worrying about what might happen and in the end it's always never as bad as you imagined. xx

Haha at the moment I'm trying kara coconut milk (can have 400ml's as a HexA). But I had soya in my coffee from the Starbucks in the hospital. Milk, esp in coffee, makes me quite ill. So having a go at vegan friendly stuff :)

P.S,
I really want to try the Kara coconut milk, what do you think of it so far? (400ml's as a HX is great amount!!) xx

Aww i'm so glad it went well for you!:) I know what you mean not knowing what to expect, I think your mind can run away with itself too, worrying about what might happen and in the end it's always never as bad as you imagined. xx

I think it could have potentially been worse if my Nan and one of my Mum's sisters had of been there. But, like you said, you just don't know do you?!

I'm not sure what I think of the Kara. There is no coconut taste whatsoever and to me it tastes far too much like whole milk. I've never been a milk drinker though and I can't stand being able to actually taste it. Think it would be good if you did actually like milk and wanted a healthier/non-dairy alternative. My Sister picked me up 2 x 1ltr cartons coz they were on offer as well :rolleyes: lol! It's quite nice in porridge tho (not tried it with Weetabix yet) and coz it's not sweet you can use it in savoury cooking. Was nice in my mac & cheese tonight :)

Ah gotcha! My husband is just the same, one coffee with milk and he's walking round clutching his stomach all day! I prefer soya milk anyway. Now you've mentioned coconut milk though I reckon I'd like to give that a go. I know it's always a stupid thing to ask but what does it taste like? Does it 'work' in tea? Hope your day has been ok.

I don't drink tea or coffee with milk in any more. I did try it in coffee and it was just too 'creamy' for me. It's nice in porridge, but I think I need to find something that doesn't taste like whole milk. It doesn't taste of coconut at all :(

I'm so nervous! I'm so nervous! I'm so nervous!! And I've had a shitty day :( I found one of my rabbits, Victor, dead earlier :cry: There was nothing wrong with him, he was young, vaccinated, a good weight... So sad! And I've been feeling really sick today :(
Just waiting for the boy to get here so we can go to my mate's 30th. I'm not looking forward to the party at all, but it's for my oldest friend! The downside is all the b*stards I had to endure school with will be there. At least I'm hotter and cooler than I was at school ;)

Lunch: Porridge, dried fruit, banana, and kara milk.
Tea: most of a pack of tomato pasta N Sauce, a Quorn apple & 'pork' burger, salad, and cheese and dressing.

Drinks: 1 measure of Johnny Walker so far. Not really in the mood for drinking tho, but we'll see ;)
Food for today: Extra Easy Day + 10 syns
HexA: 'milk'/cheese
HexB: Porridge
Syns in all: 12.5
Syns saved: 17
Exercise: Walking to and around the shops. Running round like a crazy person cleaning and stuff when I got home. Walking to and from the party-only about 15mins in all. And major nerves!! lol

Last edited:
Gonna update yday's diary. Not much to add to it really. Had 2 more measures of whisky and that was it. No party food, no snacking on crap when I got in, nothing :eek: To be fair I did feel like death warmed up, but still, go me ;) And it turned yday in to an EE day :D

The party was ok, but a bit awkward because the only person I properly knew there was the birthday boy and he had a LOT of people to go round. So it was just me and the boy stuck on a teeny table by ourselves, failing to make conversation over the loud music. We only stayed 2 hours, which I think was pretty good considering how bad I was feeling, and we went home. I kicked Ste's ass completely at Mario Kart and we watched Dr Horrible (yeah, I sang along) And he did indeed stay over, which was nice. Eeeek!

Barely slept though-and no, not like that ;) And I am beyond tired. But too happy and excited to sleep :rolleyes: So going in to town with the Mother for brunch, so she can get her last few holiday bits, and then we're gonna use a 2 for 1 voucher at the cinema :D Hopefully I wont fall asleep! Will try and remember to go look in Boots for their 'skinny' popcorn to take in.
Hope y'all having nice weekends.xx

Awww I'm so sorry to hear about your bunny and that you're still not feeling well. Yesterday sounds like a really well planned out day food wise, go you! Hope you're having a good Saturday so far. Any plans for the rest of the weekend?

Awww I'm so sorry to hear about your bunny and that you're still not feeling well. Yesterday sounds like a really well planned out day food wise, go you! Hope you're having a good Saturday so far. Any plans for the rest of the weekend?

Thanks Jess. I'm getting so much better at planning and saving for possible off plan days. As it turns out I was that ill I didn't want to eat or drink :p I don't like to eat in front of new people or if I'm stressed and stuff so I knew the party food was probably a no-go.

We're off out for a carvery tomorrow So will probably wipe out my daily syns just to be safe and have an EE day to be extra good ;) I love veggie carvery's!

How's your weekend going?x

Really fed up being sick now. Feel so nauseous it's unbelievable. I even bought the low calorie popcorn from Boots for the cinema and couldn't face eating it :( Not sure what I'll manage for tea. Might just have some Supernoodles :)
Saturday Food: Green Day + 15 syns

Lunch out at The Egg: Had garlic'y cheese on toast with salad, cous cous, pasta, and a couple of tbsp of low fat salad cream. Gonna be extra good and count it as all my Hex's and 10 syns for any extra stuff.

Tea: Supernoodles, Quorn nuggets, and salad.

HexA: Cheese x 2
HexB: Bread x 2
Syns used: 14.5
Syns saved: 17.5
Exercise: Quite a bit of walking. To and from bus stops and all over town.

Last edited:
Oh, I also put on a jumper today that I bought earlier in the year. Nice long stripy one with cute little front pockets from M&S. It was a little too tight when I bought it and it was a bit baggy today :D I wish I knew what I weighed lol! But I really do think I look slimmer-esp around my waist/midriff :eek:

Oh and I went to check out the bike recycling place and the guy was lovely. He also had the most amazing eyes ever, but that's probably not important in his bike technician skills ;) But I could potentially get a custom built vintage bike for £200! he said to pester him and see if he gets any frames in that will suit me. Then he can stick all the kit on I need for me and I can have it painted and decorated any way I want :eek: :D

Last edited:
Urgh and urgh!! Stupid being sick :(

We went for a carvery today. Me and my Sister never get the veggie 'option' just the carvery without the meat ;) So spuds, veggies, stuffing, 2 small Yorkshire puddings, cranberry sauce, and gravy. I couldn't finish mine today and definitely didn't go back for seconds :( Also just had diet Coke to drink, no alcohol. Better for me SW'ing lol. But I'm counting the meal as my 15 syns for the day.
I bought us 'dessert' from the shop to have later. Got me and Mum one of those amazing looking chocolate and caramel magnums and my Sister a Cornetto ;) Well within my syns and I'll have it later watching something :)
Gonna have some sort of egg on toast with Quorn sausages for tea.
Unlikely to have any HexA's today, which I know is a bit naughty, but I can't face anything dairy-ish today. Will have a B tho :)

Extra Easy Day (sort of) with a 15syn allowance.
HexA: Not today :jelous:
HexB: Bread
Syns used: 31.5
Syns left this week: 1 :)
Exercise: Really depressing, but digging quite a bit hole to bury Victor in :( That's kinda it tho.

Last edited:
Back