Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Yeh good thanks had a bad week or 2 food wise so have ended up a bit over target now boo :-(

But waiting to hear back about mortgage application and just been busy working or packing when not sleeping so I am sure it will all settle down food and exercise wise once life becomes more normal again! :) x

Yeh good thanks had a bad week or 2 food wise so have ended up a bit over target now boo :-(

But waiting to hear back about mortgage application and just been busy working or packing when not sleeping so I am sure it will all settle down food and exercise wise once life becomes more normal again! :) x

I'm sure once everything is more settled you'll be more settled and the healthy eating will fall in to place. Try not to worry too much, you have more than enough going on. Good luck with everything.x

*Warning* Whingy, ranty post...

I would really like there to be no drama for a little while. My Mum had to phone her Sister before (the one we kinda talk to) and Granddad needs to be in a home :( My Nan is in total denial and is telling everyone he's fine. They're in their 80's and she's going to end up living alone. As sh*tty as this whole not-speaking family crap is, that is really sad :(
My Mum got a letter today to say that her divorce will be final next Wednesday. Me and my sister are happy about that because our step Dad is a t*at. But I'm not entirely sure how Mum feels. They've been separated for 10 yrs like and, like I said, he's not a nice person. But still....

Things aren't going great with the boyfriend. I've seen him twice since we started dating and it's coming up for 2 months. That is NOT enough for me! He's been going through some really crap stuff with work, having some serious money issues, and has been quite sick. So there are circumstances and I'm trying my best to be supportive and stuff but I would really like to know if we're going anywhere or if I'm ever going to actually see him again.

And my 2nd driving test is coming up. I'm mostly ok about it but I can't fail again. I really cant!

Mum's still not quite right since her accident and her Dr said it could take weeks or even months for her to stop feeling the effects of it.

And I'm just so tired. Absolutely exhausted ALL the time! It seems like I haven't had a break from crappy stuff for a long time and I'm really getting to the point of not coping.
I'm going to have to take a sleeping pill tonight to stand any chance of sleeping. I was still awake at 5am last night :(

Firstly I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on passing your driving test!!!:clap: That's fantastic hun and perfect timing for Autumn/Winter. It's such a good feeling when it's freezing outside and you can get into your nice, warm, cosy car!:D

Sorry to hear your having such a rubbish time at the moment (hugs):(. I really hope things start looking up for you hun. It must be so frustrating not knowing where you stand with your boyfriend, have you tried to talk to him about it or are you just trying to remain supportive? I always find that men don't like sharing their problems, but I wish they would see that we actually want to listen and be given the opportunity to be there for them! I hope he realises what a good thing he has and could potentially loose. Men eh, who needs them!;) xxx

Firstly I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on passing your driving test!!!:clap: That's fantastic hun and perfect timing for Autumn/Winter. It's such a good feeling when it's freezing outside and you can get into your nice, warm, cosy car!:D

Sorry to hear your having such a rubbish time at the moment (hugs):(. I really hope things start looking up for you hun. It must be so frustrating not knowing where you stand with your boyfriend, have you tried to talk to him about it or are you just trying to remain supportive? I always find that men don't like sharing their problems, but I wish they would see that we actually want to listen and be given the opportunity to be there for them! I hope he realises what a good thing he has and could potentially loose. Men eh, who needs them!;) xxx

Thank you!! Still can't quite believe I've passed. And it just went so smoothly :) I can't afford a car right now, but seriously thinking about getting one after I've been on my adventure in March. But there is a possibility of borrowing a car for a little while off a friend, so that could be awesome!! We'll see :)

I ended up telling the boy (mostly) how I've been feeling. And the basics of it was "We need to spend more time together" which is really the only issue we need to get past right now. Other things will follow. But, for now, that's what I needed him to know. And I did it nicely, with no ranting or anything. So I'm going to meet him one day after work next week and we're just gonna go for a drink and a wander round. He did say things would get better once his work is ok again and he's getting paid properly. But i needed to get across that I still need to see him even if he has no money :p I know it takes a while to fit someone new in to your life and find time for them, I'm not daft. But I don't know when (or if!) he was last in a relationship so I really am going to have to 'lead' this for now. So much effort :p My friend said he obv needs everything spelling out in yellow crayon :8855:

So yeah, hopefully this is a decent start to solving some of the issues. I knew this could be difficult, but I really didn't think it be this hard!! :sigh:

Saturday: Off in to town with the Mothership for a wander round and lunch. But first we're going to see a man about a bike. A beautiful, custom made, recycled, vintage bike. Made just for me! The guy is so damn cute as well and has the most amazing eyes.... lol

Will be as good as I can with food. Promise ;)

Green Day + 15 syns

Breakfast: Shape 0%

Lunch at The Egg: Garlic'y cheese on toast with pasta, cous cous, and salad. Will count all Hex's and 10 syns for garlic 'butter' stuff and the bit of extra light salad cream I had and the 2 spoonfuls of Mum's apple crumble and custard.

Tea: Low fat Supernoodles, 2 Quorn fillets, peas, sweetcorn, carrots, dressing & mayo.

Snack: Shape 0%, 3 Daim Mikado, and a Caramel Highlights.

HexA: Cheese x 2
HexB: Bread x 2
Syns used: 15
Syns saved: 7
Exercise: Walking to and from bus stops and hiking round town :)

Last edited:
Sunday Plan: I'm going over to my friends house to look after their dog/house while they're away. One of my other friend's is actually doing the 'dog sitting' and I'm just going over to keep her company and keep the dog company on Monday when she goes to work. I'm going to cook for us and thinking of a nice comfort food tea. We've both been pretty stressed out and she's not been very well :(

So, food plan for tomorrow.

Extra Easy Day + 15 syns

Brunch (slight change coz it needed to be more EE friendly): 2 Quorn sausages, half tin of beans with 'fried' mushrooms, red pepper, and cherry tomatoes in, crispy potatoes, 'fried' egg, wholemeal toast, and bbq sauce.

Tea: Pasta n Sauce Mac & Cheese, cheese, veggie kiev, veggies or salad.

Treat: Peanut M & M's

HexA: 'milk'/cheese
HexB: Bread
Syns used: 20.5
Syns leftover this week: 1.5
Exercise: Walking to and from the shops. To and from bus stops. And walking my friend's dog Lulu for 4mins. Going to start walking my own dogs again from tomorrow. Screw my stupid hip and knees!

Last edited:
I love your breakfasts! How do you do the crispy potatoes? X

I chop up potatoes, microwave them for a couple of mins, Frylight them, and mix in salt, pepper, garlic salt, and Italian herbs. Stick 'em in the oven for 15mins or so, or until your sausages are done :D
Little new potatoes are always nicer. And don't chop them in to too small cubes or they just shrivel up in the microwave :p

Thank you!! Still can't quite believe I've passed. And it just went so smoothly :) I can't afford a car right now, but seriously thinking about getting one after I've been on my adventure in March. But there is a possibility of borrowing a car for a little while off a friend, so that could be awesome!! We'll see :)

I ended up telling the boy (mostly) how I've been feeling. And the basics of it was "We need to spend more time together" which is really the only issue we need to get past right now. Other things will follow. But, for now, that's what I needed him to know. And I did it nicely, with no ranting or anything. So I'm going to meet him one day after work next week and we're just gonna go for a drink and a wander round. He did say things would get better once his work is ok again and he's getting paid properly. But i needed to get across that I still need to see him even if he has no money :p I know it takes a while to fit someone new in to your life and find time for them, I'm not daft. But I don't know when (or if!) he was last in a relationship so I really am going to have to 'lead' this for now. So much effort :p My friend said he obv needs everything spelling out in yellow crayon :8855:

So yeah, hopefully this is a decent start to solving some of the issues. I knew this could be difficult, but I really didn't think it be this hard!! :sigh:

Speaking of your birthday plans, I keep seeing the advert for The Lion King! Still looks amazing:D Car's can be so blummin' expensive! You're really lucky in that sense, I got my car quite a while before I passed my test so it was just pure torture having it sat on the drive!:cry:

Aww i'm really glad you were able to have that chat and let him know how you were feeling. It's definitely a step in the right direction if you've already made plans to meet up for drinks during the week:). LOL @ spelling it out in yellow crayon… if only they came with a manual;) xx

Speaking of your birthday plans, I keep seeing the advert for The Lion King! Still looks amazing:D Car's can be so blummin' expensive! You're really lucky in that sense, I got my car quite a while before I passed my test so it was just pure torture having it sat on the drive!:cry:

Aww i'm really glad you were able to have that chat and let him know how you were feeling. It's definitely a step in the right direction if you've already made plans to meet up for drinks during the week:). LOL @ spelling it out in yellow crayon… if only they came with a manual;) xx

I wish I could have kept my Dad's car when he died, but I wasn't working then and couldn't afford to learn to drive. But I'll either be borrowing my friend's car or getting one when I'm back from Sweden. It is a bit depressing not having a car now I can drive. Done a lot of running round this weekend that would have been soooo much easier if I had a car :p

Lol yeah, the boy is hard work atm. To be fair on him he did tell me he was terrible at dating because he hasn't had much experience. All the time I've known him (about 10 years) I don't remember him being with someone. So I guess this really could be quite difficult for him and he might just need to pointers or shoves in the right direction ;)
He text me earlier and said he'd been thinking and asked if he could come round to mine tomorrow after I've met him for coffee so he knows how to get here. Nearly fell off the couch :p

Stuck to my food plan perfectly yday and as tempting as it was to go off track today because I was SO hungry, I didn't :innocent0002:

Monday: Slept terribly again last night, esp having a dog in the room. So my allergies went nuts and she kept waking me up. She woke up at six thirty, got on the bed and punched me in the face for two hours till she heard my friend get up and ran downstairs! Bloody big clumsy hound! :rolleyes:
When my friends got home we played Harry Potter Cluedo :D Then we took my very sick friend, who I dog sat with, home and the rest of us went the pics to see Frankenweenie :D I hadn't expected to do stuff after they got back from London so I'd just taken porridge, raisins, banana, and a little tub of pineapple with me. Was frigging starving so picked up a yogurt from mine for the cinema and hoped to get some fruit in Tesco. They had no prepared fruit tubs so I ended up with another banana.....
Stuck to my original plan and walked my doggies for a short walk each when I got home. My hip was killing me even halfway through Ellie's walk :( But after a month of rest and no exercise my knees and hip are no better, so surely exercising won't do any harm! And once I get my bike I can start building up the muscles around the knee joint :)
Anyway, enough rambling... Food!

Lunch: Blueberry porridge, raisins, almond milk, and banana. Kids pineapple pack.

At the cinema: Banana and a Shape 0%

Tea: Tomato and Mediterranean Pasta N Sauce, 2 veggie burgers, green beans, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, cheese, and extra light mayo.

Snack: Chocolate Porridge and Almond Milk.

HexA: Treated myself to 1 and a half today ;) Cheese + Almond Milk/
HexB: Porridge X 2
Syns used: 5
Syns saved: 5
Exercise: 30mins dog walking. Around 15mins each :) Think I went a bit over with Dave, but he stops to sniff more :p

Last edited:
Instead of just meeting the boy for coffee tomorrow he's asked if he can come to mine for a bit so he'll know how to get here - was not expecting that from him! Maybe me spelling things out has made him think. Or maybe he's been talking to his girly mates? Either way, I'm pretty shocked lol! AND I'm making him tea! AND he referred to us being in a relationship :faint2:
It's ridiculous, but I'm really bloody nervous now :eek: Think I'll make ratatouille with spaghetti and meatballs coz EVERYONE seems to love that and ask for it when I cook for them. But yeah, stupidly nervous now. Eeeek! :rolleyes: Damn him for being nice!

Congratulations on passing your driving test!!!!! I wish I could drive, on my to do list for some point in my life but just seems to damn expensive at the moment. Grrr!

Sorry for my lack of presence of late, had laptop issues! Hope you're having a good day and have fun with the boy later!

Congratulations on passing your driving test!!!!! I wish I could drive, on my to do list for some point in my life but just seems to damn expensive at the moment. Grrr!

Sorry for my lack of presence of late, had laptop issues! Hope you're having a good day and have fun with the boy later!

Awww thank you Jess!! Still a bit shocked by passing lol. Lots of car talk at the moment, but I'm trying to be sensible. I've wanted to learn to drive for a long time but couldn't afford it because I was out of work longterm sick. When I got my job I saved for a bit and decided I wanted to learn before I was 30. So I did :D

Sooo, my plans for today have been totally scuppered :( The boy's been asked to stay late to help set up for a meeting at work tomorrow. Which sucks! He did say he could try and get out of it, but considering he's just gone back and is on probation I really think he should stay! He has a new manager now, who happens to be his old manager from his last job, but still, extra brownie points wont hurt. I'm really disappointed I wont get to see him, but he should do this.

Me, Mum, and Sister are going to see my Nan tomorrow. I'm dreading it and only going to support Mum (Sister feels the same) We don't know what's going to happen or what the reception will be. Not seen her in 7 years, basically stopped talking to us when my Dad died. But this is my Mum's family.... Anyway, yeah, urgh.... So can't see the boy tomorrow.

So the plan is to move our plans to Thursday. :sigh: Was hoping to see him a couple of times this week, but at least I'm getting to see him. Just so fed up of my plans getting messed up. Feel all sad and meh now.x

Tuesday food: Extra Easy + 10 syns (changed to an EE day)

Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages, beans, scrambled egg, crispy potatoes, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce. (ETA: I know this is technically an EE meal. But pfffft :whistle: Beans are kinda like veg and tomato sauce has tomatoes in.....)

Tea: 'Lamb' curry! Red onion, garlic, mushrooms, green & orange peppers, spinach, potatoes, Quorn 'lamb' strips, mushy peas, tin of tomatoes, and a load of spices and some Habanero Tabasco :D Should make 3-4 portions. And I'll have a packet of rice with it. Got no cottage cheese :(

Snack: A Shape 0%, 3 Mikado, and a Highlights hot chocolate made with Almond milk.

HexA: Almond milk
HexB: Bread
Syns used: 7
Syns saved: 8
Exercise: Hoovered and tidied downstairs. Cleaned out the bunnies and de-poo'd the garden.
Walked Ellie for 30mins. Walked Dave for 35mins and tried out Map May Walk app and we apparently did 1.7miles. So must have done maybe 1.5miles with Ellie? Not bad going :) So much for easing in, but screw it ;)

Last edited:
Sooo, my plans for today have been totally scuppered :( The boy's been asked to stay late to help set up for a meeting at work tomorrow. Which sucks! He did say he could try and get out of it, but considering he's just gone back and is on probation I really think he should stay! He has a new manager now, who happens to be his old manager from his last job, but still, extra brownie points wont hurt. I'm really disappointed I wont get to see him, but he should do this.

Me, Mum, and Sister are going to see my Nan tomorrow. I'm dreading it and only going to support Mum (Sister feels the same) We don't know what's going to happen or what the reception will be. Not seen her in 7 years, basically stopped talking to us when my Dad died. But this is my Mum's family.... Anyway, yeah, urgh.... So can't see the boy tomorrow.

So the plan is to move our plans to Thursday. :sigh: Was hoping to see him a couple of times this week, but at least I'm getting to see him. Just so fed up of my plans getting messed up. Feel all sad and meh now.x

Hate it when plans change especially if it's something you've been looking forward to. I hope things go OK tomorrow and that you have a good time on Thursday! x

Back