Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Not a bad first day back on plan! Low syns and a decent bit of exercise.

The car place didn't even bother calling me back today!!! I'm going to see if the Citizens Advice Bureau can help me tomorrow. I know they can be a bit hit and miss but it'd be good to have proof that I've sought some kind of legal advice!
I'm glad I have some legal standing on them not giving me my copy of the signed paperwork. For all anyone knows they could have changed any details of the agreement once I'd left seen as I don't have physical proof. Urgh! What a nightmare!!

Awww no, i'm sorry about all the car trouble. I would definitely try Citizens Advice, see if there's anything they can do, or at least point you in the right direction. I'm still shocked they didn't give you any paperwork/signed copy of the contract. I hope it all gets sorted soon!

Foods looking great today, i'm really craving a glass of Diet Coke (lots of ice!) Or Dr Pepper…. I used to love that! (I've only just found out they still do it…) Where have I been hiding?!

I've just remembered it's your birthday coming up very soon isn't it:D! Are you looking forward to going watching The Lion King and all your other birthday plans? xx

I'm pretty sure not giving me the signed paper work is illegal? Or at least a big issue I can cause trouble over?

The thing that's annoying me so much now is that if I had of known about all the added charges and interest I wouldn't have agreed to finance. Personal loans work out SO much cheaper than finance. If I were to have borrowed the £2,000 from Sainsbury's I would pay £370 in interest and that's it. With the finance it's well over £1,000 in charges, fees, and interest :eek: But, obv they didn't tell me about all that. Absolute b*stards!

I've got info from Financial Ombudsman Service, Citizens Advice, FSA, All about debt, MoneySavingExpert, etc... I can make a complaint through the Financial Ombudsman site, but they legally have to give the company 8 weeks to come up with a solution. But atleast I know I have some back up, esp as I suspect they have done something illegal with not giving me my paper work!

Anyway.....

The do Diet Dr Pepper you know ;) I bloody love my fizzy drinks. I try not to drink too much, but I love it and I have been drinking a fair bit lately.

Yup, it's my birthday on the 21st! But the first of the celebrations is on the 18th :D And then of course my adventure in March!! I'm really looking forward to it ALL! Of course I'm worried about money now, but I'm sure it'll all be fine. I have to pay off the holiday on Wednesday. Eeeek!xx

Urgh! I'm so jittery today :( Had a really awful night and didn't make it to CAB today. But I've written absolutely everything down, with dates and everything so I know what's what. Going to go over tomorrow after lunch and hopefully get the ball rolling.
I feel very sick again so just had an easy lunch. I really wanted spaghetti hoops (such a kid) but couldn't face eating that much.

Decided to try my best to ignore nausea over tea. I do feel crap now, but glad I've had a proper meal.

Green Day + 10 syns

Lunch: Blueberry porridge, banana, blueberries, Splenda, 1/2tsp of honey, and hazelnut milk (part of HexA1 + 0.5 syns)

Tea: 1 veggie burger and 1 Quorn fillet (chicken and beef lol!) topped with cheese & bbq sauce, packet of Mac & Cheese, big pile o' broccoli, carrots, and sweetcorn. Bit of dressing (3.5 + HexA2 for milk & cheese)

Snack: 2 Weetabix, Splenda, and hazelnut milk (part of HexA1)
Small bowl of red grapes.

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Diet Ginger Ale

Syns used: 4 syns
Syns saved: 12.5
Exercise: Quick tidy round the living room and cleaning out all the bunnies.
Arm exercises (doing 15 of each this week to get me started again)

Last edited:
What absolute *******s! I hate hearing about things like this, it winds me up no end. Well done for keeping records/dates/times of everything. I would say that yes, they absolutely DO have to tell you and make you aware of all charge, not just interest. Really hope you get it sorted.
Hear you on the feeling sick front. You just don't fancy the right stuff do you?
Hop tomorrow is a better day :)

I'm hoping I have a decent case, even though I was stupid enough to sign the friggin' thing :rolleyes: But, in my defense, I wasn't told what I was signing, nothing was explained to me, AND they didn't give me my copy of the paper work. I think at least that last thing is illegal! Will see what CAB say tomorrow. Such a nightmare!

I had almost gotten over my bad patch before Christmas and this has plunged me right back in to the deep end. I'm very jittery, tense, stressed, anxious, naseous, banging head, really down, etc. Just hope I'm strong enough to see this through!

I don't feel like eating anything at the moment. Really am having to force myself to eat. You wouldn't think so from what I have eaten, but it's a struggle. I DO want to eat biscuits and chocolate, but not allowing myself that coz I know I'll comfort eat. It has to be pretty bad for me to comfort eat, but I am most definitely in the comfort eating zone!!x

Soooo, I feel a little bit better and a little bit more terrified. I went to the CAB today. Had my initial interview and explained the basics of the situation the woman said "bloody hell!" and went to speak to her supervisor. She then came back to me with an appointment to see a solicitor next week :eek: So it is serious then?! Eeeek!
It is scary, but I'm so glad that they are taking me seriously. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I hope the solicitor wants to take things further and back me up.
So that's kinda good right? :)

Wednesday food: Going to the cinema later, but not going to take any snacks :) I had a big lunch and my tummy feels extra wibbly now :eek:
Saw Life of Pi again and it was even more stunning second time round. Go see it everyone!!!

Lunch: 2 Linda M Sausages, half a tin of spaghetti, cheesy scrambled eggs (milk, Philly, and cheese), crispy potatoes, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce (half HexA, HexB, + 2)

Tea: 6 Quorn nuggets, low fat Supernoodles, cheese, salad, dressing/mayo & bbq sauce (rest of HexA, HexB, + 4)

Snack: Shape 0 + a handful of grapes, raspberries, and blueberries. (0.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 6.5
Syns left: 16
Exercise: About a 20min roundtrip walk to CAB. Trying not to be lazy and drive everywhere!
35mins of dog walking - just under 20mins each. It was all foggy and lovely :D
Arm exercises.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure not giving me the signed paper work is illegal? Or at least a big issue I can cause trouble over?

The thing that's annoying me so much now is that if I had of known about all the added charges and interest I wouldn't have agreed to finance. Personal loans work out SO much cheaper than finance. If I were to have borrowed the £2,000 from Sainsbury's I would pay £370 in interest and that's it. With the finance it's well over £1,000 in charges, fees, and interest :eek: But, obv they didn't tell me about all that. Absolute b*stards!

I've got info from Financial Ombudsman Service, Citizens Advice, FSA, All about debt, MoneySavingExpert, etc... I can make a complaint through the Financial Ombudsman site, but they legally have to give the company 8 weeks to come up with a solution. But atleast I know I have some back up, esp as I suspect they have done something illegal with not giving me my paper work!

Anyway.....

The do Diet Dr Pepper you know ;) I bloody love my fizzy drinks. I try not to drink too much, but I love it and I have been drinking a fair bit lately.

Yup, it's my birthday on the 21st! But the first of the celebrations is on the 18th :D And then of course my adventure in March!! I'm really looking forward to it ALL! Of course I'm worried about money now, but I'm sure it'll all be fine. I have to pay off the holiday on Wednesday. Eeeek!xx

That definitely is a big no, no… how can it be an agreement without giving you a hard copy of the contract. I was actually asking my Dad about this earlier (as he's quite good with this sort of stuff) and he said the same as me, whether it's a car on finance or a mobile phone, with everything you buy there has to be a cooling off period. He said that your best bet is to contact CAB as they are usually really good with these kind of situations.

Oh my gosh! You have just made my entire week:D, I didn't know they did a Diet Dr Pepper. Where have I been hiding?!

Awww it all sounds lovely, it's great to have lots of celebrations to look forward too! I'm still very jealous of your visit to Lapland, you must take lots of pictures!! I'll want to hear all about it!:) xx

Soooo, I feel a little bit better and a little bit more terrified. I went to the CAB today. Had my initial interview and explained the basics of the situation the woman said "bloody hell!" and went to speak to her supervisor. She then came back to me with an appointment to see a solicitor next week :eek: So it is serious then?! Eeeek!
It is scary, but I'm so glad that they are taking me seriously. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I hope the solicitor wants to take things further and back me up.
So that's kinda good right? :)

This is excellent news! At least you know now that what they have done is completely wrong and they can't get away with it!:mad: xx

This is excellent news! At least you know now that what they have done is completely wrong and they can't get away with it!:mad: xx

Thanks for talking to your Dad. All opinions are very welcome!! I'm so glad they took me seriously and didn't just say the likes of "Look online for advice" They must think it's important enough to send me straight to a Solicitor without going through a consultant or whatever.
The no-cooling off period is correct, due to circumstances, according to the financial sites. But EVERYTHING else they did is wrong.
Scary stuff!! Luckily it's the start of my birthday celebrations next Fri so Mum's off work to come with me to see the solicitor :)

And yeah dude, Dr Pepper Zero :D

I've had to buy a new notebook to use as my syn diary. Feel really sad about throwing out my old one. It's been with me since the start! But it's completely full now :(

New one is cute and only cost me £1! It's got a dog on the front and says "The Dogs Dinner" which I thought was fitting and made me laugh! :D

So glad you are getting help with it now. Yeh that has to be illegal not giving you a contract hope the solicitor trip goes well too.

It is horrible when you have to force yourself to eat but as you say you will feel better after a meal and well done for staying strong and not giving in and just eating loads of crap.

Life of pi was beautiful I especially loved the opening 10mins or so showing all the different animals at the zoo :-D xx

Thanks Icklerockchick. I really hope they can help me too. Trying not to get my hopes up too much in case the solicitor says there's nothing they can do.

I'm feeling a little bit better eating wise. But as soon as I think about all the car stuff my stomach plummets!x

Thursday: God I had an awful night. Really restless and horrible dreams :cry:Stupid brain!! Anyway, I feel a bit wibbly, but not quite as bad as I have been.
I've run out of Linda McCartney sausages :eek:
Went the cinema again today (I have a Cineworld card now!!) and took my Sister and friend to see Gangster Squad. Was pretty good, a decent amount of violence, and quite funny in places. Plus, you know, Ryan Gosling ;)

Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages, half tin of spaghetti, cheesy scrambled egg (milk + cheese), little potatoes, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce (Half HexA, HexB, + 3)

Tea: Roasted rainbow veg from Asda (it's got fecking oil in it grrrrrr!!!! But only a tiny amount so I might just ignore it :ignore:) made in to ratatoille. You know, chucked in some tinned tomatoes with herbs and stuff.... It was red onion, red pepper, carrots, butternut squash, and courgette. I added mushrooms and sweetcorn too. Lotsa veg! I cooked half with Quorn mince and managed to get two portions out of that.
Got a potential 2 more portions without anything in so I could have meatballs or something else with it. Not bad for a cheap tray of veg ;)

So tonight I had a portion with mince in with pasta, cheese, salad, dressing & mayo (half HexA + 0.5)

Snack: Weetabix Oaty Bar and a Shape 0% (HexB + 0.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Highlights (2)

Syns used: 6
Syns saved: 20

Exercise: An hour of dog walking: Almost 35mins with Dave and 25 with Ellie.
Arm exercises.

Last edited:
Hey hun, sounds like you're having a bit of a stressful time just now :( *hugs* hope you feel less wibbly now!

As for the oil, I always ignore that shiz. It's usually only about 2% of the ingredients anyway! Plus buying those packs is so much easier than actually chopping stuff or boiling things if it's like rice or noodles... :innocent0002: Not saying you should do it all the time but if it's once in a blue moon I see no harm! xxx

Hey hun, sounds like you're having a bit of a stressful time just now :( *hugs* hope you feel less wibbly now!

As for the oil, I always ignore that shiz. It's usually only about 2% of the ingredients anyway! Plus buying those packs is so much easier than actually chopping stuff or boiling things if it's like rice or noodles... :innocent0002: Not saying you should do it all the time but if it's once in a blue moon I see no harm! xxx

Hey Evil Penguin!God yes, I'm beyond stressed at the moment. I constantly have adrenaline surging through me. It's exhausting! I can't believe something that seemed so simple has turned in to something so insanely stressful and a potential legal situation! Urgh!

Yeah I ignored the oil in the veg coz it was only 4 percent and I've gotten at least 3 portions out of it! It was really nice :D I always check the label, but Morrison's and Tesco generally don't have oil in the roasting veg trays. Never mind, I'm on reduced syns anyway so an extra couple wont hurt :whistle:

Yay I love my Cineworld card - it's great that when you don't have much spare cash it means you still have something to do. I tend to go about once a week so it more than pays for itself.

Any more news on the car drama? When do you get to see the lawyer?

Try not too worry, I know that's easier said than done. They are clearly in the wrong and not giving you a copy of the contract has to be illegal so it may take a little time but it will all get sorted in the end. Xx

Oh and just a heads up incase you didn't know the Cineworld card counts as a paying ticket when using orange Wednesdays (or EE I think it's called now?) so if you know someone on that network and can get their code you can take someone along for free :) xx

Hey!
No news yet. My appointment with the solicitor is next Friday. An excellent start to my birthday weekend :( The car place still haven't been in touch! Idiots.
It's just frustrating that I'm obv hurtling towards the end of my one month guarantee with the garage and any work that needs doing has to be done in that time. But I don't want to deal with them! at least I have till the end of the month for my first finance and next insurance payment. I should have a better idea of where I stand and where we're going by then. Just an absolute nightmare :(

My Sister's had a Cineworld card for a couple of years now :) And a few of my friends have them too. I know what we'll all be doing from now on lol. It's a shame our Cineworld is such a dive though and in a horrible area, there's nothing to do where the cinema is! But yeah, I got my Mum in for free on Wednesday.
It's really good! I'm hoping to go at least once a week too :) I've seen Life of Pi twice and Gangster Squad so far.x

Back