Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I don't think it's all sorted yet. They still miss-sold me my finance, lied about almost everything, dodgily obtained my tax disc, withheld it from me for 3 days, are refusing to give me a list of work done on the car, and it's going back in on Thursday :wave_cry: I'm only leaving it if they do give me a courtesy car. I'm not going for an unknown amount of days without a car again! And he'd better do what he's promised so far as well - giving us money back for taxi's, putting petrol in my car, etc... Gang of idiots!!

But yeah, at least it's done for now and I have a few days to try and not think about it too much. Just a nightmare! x
Sorry hun, what I meant to say was that i'm glad he sounds as though he's finally putting the wheels in action and I hope he sticks to his word and reimburses you for travel expenses/petrol etc.

Awww that will be a lovely surprise for your mum!:) x x

Yesterday went surprisingly well, I have to say. There were no dramatics or wailing, just genuine sadness. The service was lovely and me and Rachelle marvelled at how lighthearted the protestant service was compared to a Catholic one (we were brought up Roman Catholic!!). It was very much a celebration of life and thinking about the family, as opposed to the Catholic "NO matter what you do we're all going to hell". Was refreshing ;) We also walked out of the church to You'll Never Walk Alone, which my Granddad would have loved. That side of the family is split right down the middle with Liverpool and Everton fans. Granddad was a red and all the flowers people bought were red & white. They were beautiful actually! I couldn't care less about football, but it was nice for everyone to come together as 'reds' ;)
Me & my Sis did travel with the rest of the cousins in the minibus. I was stuck next to a baby I had to be nice to :p But it wasn't awkward or sad and we had lots to laugh about. When we got to the cemetery there was a bit of a wait as the grave wasn't quite ready. There's been some horrific weather and we had a bit of a giggle thinking that the grave was now a pond and we'd have to chase the ducks away! You gotta laugh haven't you? It was so cold that the burial bit was very quick and only half of the people came over. One of the cousins I was closest to just hugged me the whole time, bless him!
We got back to my Nan's and everyone was really cheery and just babbling away. The noise was insane! We hung out in the kitchen most of the time and helped with the food and caught up with the cousins we were closer to. And I finally got to 'meet' my cousin who lives in Scotland! He moved away when I was about 18months old! He's really nice and we chatted loads. He kept coming back to me and Rachelle. Veggies unite ;) Would love to keep in touch with him actually.

In the evening my friends came round and we ordered in tea and watched Eddie Izzard coz my adventure buddy hadn't seen any of his stuff :eek: When 2 of my friends had gone I spoke to her about me being worried about Ellie Dog and she suggested it could be her anal glands, so she had a look for me and was really concerned at what she found. So I called work and we went in for her to be seen by the emergency team. She has a very infected anal gland which was on the verge of becoming an abscess :( She had them emptied as much as was possible, given a shot of antibiotic, and given a week's course of tablets. The vet was happy for my friend to come round in a few days and recheck the glands for me and I just have to look out for any signs of it getting worse. Ellie seems fine, but she's a very stoical dog and doesn't show she's in pain, so careful watching of her I think. But she seems happy enough and hasn't once licked or itched since last night. Poor hound though :(

I had a bit of a bad night too. Way too much Coke over the day and I had a massive tea. I will never learn that too much food with fizzy stuff makes my insides incredibly painful! I'd felt bloated before I went to bed so had a couple of those minty tablet things for wind/indigestion and after waking up for the 4th time I crunched a couple more. I was so tired though I just couldn't stay awake! So glad really coz normally trapped wind keeps me awake! I woke up at 10 and let the dogs out for a wee and went back to bed. I woke up at 12 and tried to get up and just couldn't stay awake. Eventually woke up enough around 1:30 and forced myself to get up. I'm so tired though and feel like I could sleep for a week given the chance. I also have yet another cold sore on the way, but on my lip this time. Just think I'm run down and my body's not coping.

Definitely had a day off plan yday and today's pretty bad already :eek: I'm going to have leftover veggie party food and pizza for my tea. Might even share with the dogs ;) And then back on plan tomorrow. I bought mine and Mum's tea for tomorrow night yday when I nipped the shops. I bought purple sprouting broccoli, baby sweetcorn, mange tout, and beansprouts to make a Quorn stir fry. So syn free healthy nominess from tomorrow! I have to be back on plan until I go on holiday :)

Anyway, sorry for the rambling post. I feel safe and comfortable here, just means y'all have to put up with it ;) xx

Ok, back on plan tomorrow :rolleyes: I was doing ok till Mum text me to see if I wanted to go out for tea and to the pics. A carvery, chocolate, and a few unnecessary things have been eaten today. I'm even embarrassed by what I've eaten! Eating for the sake of eating tbh!!
But yup, back on plan tomorrow for certain. Don't want to settle in to comfort eating or snacking on rubbish!! Enough is enough!

We went to see Lincoln tonight and it's superb! I was absolutely riveted and really enjoyed it!! Not something I would buy, but I'm really glad I have seen it. If that makes sense?
Have also just watched Cockney's Vs Zombies. When this was released I didn't want to see it at all, but my Sister got me the dvd for my birthday. I have to say, it's lots of fun! I laughed out loud at a number of bits and found the whole thing incredibly entertaining. Glad I have that to re watch now :D

I also got a call from the car guy today. Couldn't believe he phoned ME! Anyway, it was to say that I couldn't take my car in tomorrow as the courtesy car wasn't available yet. That is a bit annoying, but at least he's told me! I honestly thought I would turn up tomorrow and have to refuse to leave my car as the courtesy car wasn't there for me, so at least, for once, he was honest!! So he's going to call me when the car's back and rearrange me taking mine in. Maybe me and Mum have shown we're not the push over's they thought we were originally and we won't let them get away with their shenanigans! Hopefully this is a sign of at least acceptable customer service to come. Lets hope so eh? Fed up of them p*ssing me about!!!

Hope everyone's ok. Normal service will resume tomorrow. Night all.xx

Thursday: So far so good. Although today I don't really feel like eating at all, never mind comfort eating! My plan is to have two low syn days, not saving any syns, and then back to normal for the weekend. Hopefully that will help a little :)

ETA: The wanting to eat anything and everything has re appeared after the walking and fresh air. But I've been good. pleased with how I've done today.

Lunch: Porridge, Splenda, and almond milk (part HexA1 + HexB1)
Activia and a few chopped strawberries.

Tea: Stir fry: onion, purple sprouting broccoli, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, dwarf beans, bean sprouts, and Quorn pieces cooked in 2 tbsp of soy sauce + 1 tbsp of teryaki sauce shared between two of us. Pack of Chinese rice. (1/2 for teryaki)

Snack: An Activia.
All Bran Chocolate Crunch + hazelnut milk (HexB2 + part HexA1 + 2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Highlights made with almond milk + water (2 + rest of HexA1)

Syns used: 4 1/2

Exercise: 30min walk with Ellie and an hours walk with Dave. I used map my walk for Dave's because we went up to the local woods. We walked 2.8miles :D Go us! I'm a bit tired now :p

Last edited:
Friday: My sister, her boyfriend, and their friend went to pick up the couch that my Granddad had in his nursing home room today. We desperately needed a new one and my Nan said we could have it. It'll be great for Mum coz it's so hight and she really struggles getting up. Ellie, on the other hand, took 3 goes to get on it lol. Poor old lady dog! But she has gone back to her usual 'spot' :)
I'm off out to meet my friend for a Costa and to see Warm Bodies. I'm so excited about this film. I love the book and judging by the trailers they haven't f*cked about with it like they have with World War Z. I'm trying to decide which drink to get lol. I'm thinking hot chocolate, but not sure yet :hmm: Decisions decisions.... Have had a late and filling lunch as well so I'm not too tempted by coffee shop or cinema naughties!

Lunch: 2 jacket spuds, a Quorn apple burger, half a tin of beans, big load of salad, cheese, gherkins (Ikea ones are amazing!!), dressing & a bit of bbq sauce (1 syn + half HexA1)

At the cinema: A Special K Chewy Bar (HexB1)

Tea: Stir fried red onion, yellow pepper, savoy cabbage, purple sprouting broccoli, and Quorn steak strips. With egg fried rice; brown rice, 1 egg, peas, sweetcorn, and chopped Quorn ham. Soy sauce.

Snack: An Activia. 40g All Bran Chocolate Crunch and hazelnut milk (HexB2 + a bit of HexA1 + 2)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. A Costa medium soy milk hot chocolate with sugar free caramel (HexA2 + 3)

Syns used: 6

Last edited:
Hey hun,

Just been catching up with your diary, sounds like you've had a very busy week!

I'm glad to hear the funeral went ok hun:) *hugs*.

That's a good sign the car salesman contacted you, I think your mum gave him a well deserved kick up the bum:D lol x x

Hey hun,

Just been catching up with your diary, sounds like you've had a very busy week!

I'm glad to hear the funeral went ok hun:) *hugs*.

That's a good sign the car salesman contacted you, I think your mum gave him a well deserved kick up the bum:D lol x x

Yup! Fed up of busy now lol. Would like a nice quiet day of doing absolutely nothing ;) But I'm ok. The funeral went much better than I'd thought it would.
No news yet on the car, but hopefully soon. Just don't want them messing me around any more. Still don't trust them!!

How you doing dude?x

I saw Warm Bodies and Wreck It Ralph this evening. Both fantastic!!

I was really impressed with Warm Bodies, esp how they kept it close to the book. And it's just a really good film :D And the soundtrack is great.

The animated short before Ralph (Paperman) was stunning! Just beautiful :) Wreck It Ralph itself was fantastic. If you've ever played a computer game you will love it!! But even if you haven't it's a brill film. Very cute and the animation is astounding!

Saturday: bit of a down day today. I took a sleeping pill last night because I'd had a few bad nights in a row of intense dreams that kept waking me up as though I had to do stuff. Last night was much the same, but with a sleeping pill hangover on top. Didn't actually get out of bed till almost 3 :eek: :rolleyes: I got striaght in the shower hoping it would perk me up. but I have such a heavy head today. At least I'm less scabby ;)
I had a late lunch and watched some Modern Family. My friends recommended me it and 2 seasons are on Netflix. I've watched eps since yday lol! It's so funny.
Anyway, I did do something useful and cleaned and fed the bunnies. There were some cuddles too. Bless them, it's so frikkin cold at the moment! I'm lucky we have a garage for them to live in and I could afford such good houses for them. Both pairs have a big run with a hutch on top :)

Food I suppose: Green + 15

Bit of an odd lunch: 2 boiled eggs, half a tin of spaghetti, wholemeal toast, and 1/2 tbsp of tomato sauce (HexB1 + 0.5)

Tea: Sausage casserole :D YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Garlic, red onion, peppers, green beans, sweetcorn, peas, spinach, a tin of mixed beans in tomato sauce, carton of chopped tomatoes and herbs, 6 Quorn 'Pork' & apple sausages, and hot sauce & herbs. Made enough for 4 big portions
wink.gif

Had it with regular mash and a bit of the Golden Wonder cheddar & onion mash. Couldn't get the Smash one :cry: So 1.5 for sausages and I'll say 1 for the fake mash.

Snacks: Milky Bar Bunny (8)
An Activia
50g All-Bran chocolate Crunch (HexB2 + 4) and hazelnut milk (bit of HexA1)
Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 15

Last edited:
Today was all about distraction! I barely slept last night. So worried about going back to work tomorrow, which is bloody stupid, but I can't help it. I'm so anxious and jittery and been on the verge of tears all day.
So, I got up, had a healthy lunch, met my friend in town for a couple of hours while she picked up some holiday stuff, met my Mum, Sister, and her boyf at the cinema, and then came home for a nice relaxing Lush shower and some tv. I feel bloody awful, but I tried my best.
The rest of the day wasn't particularly SW friendly, but meh.
1 month today I will be in the arctic. So I have 3 and a bit weeks of being on plan as much as humanely possible. I will try my best :)

Anyway, I'd better go to bed and pray for sleep!
Hope y'all have good Monday's. xx

Monday: 9-5:30 at work. Green Day + 10 syns

Breakfast: Porridge, Splenda, and hazelnut milk (part HexA1 + HexB1)

First break: Grapes and blackberries with an Activia.

Lunch: Wholemeal moose pasta :D (thank you Ikea!) with Quorn ham, 3 colours of peppers, plum cherry tomatoes, cucumber, sweetcorn, extra light mayo, and salad (0.5)
Rest of the grapes & blackberries.

Break: Banana.

Tea: Mushy pea curry. Huzzah!! Onion, mushrooms, peppers, spinach, butternut squash, new potatoes, Quorn pieces, mushy peas, tomatoes, and spices & curry powder. Had it with a pack of Golden packet rice and some cottage cheese.
As always, there is enough left for another meal ;)

Snack: 40g All Bran Chocolate Crunch with hazelnut milk (a bit of HexA1 + HexB2 + 2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Diet Ginger Beer.

Syns used: 2.5
Syns saved: 7.5

Exercise: Really tough day at work in the kennels. I friggin' hate being on kennels :p Wandering round Sainsbury's.

Last edited:
I'm in such a munchy mood today!! We were watching the 5 Year Engagement before and doughnuts are mentioned a few times. Mum jokingly asked me to run get some and I have to say it did seriously cross my mind. Being good though. I am.... lol

Playing with fire there ;) well done on resisting.

Sorry to hear you've been feeling down :( I know the feeling of not wanting to wake up actually STOPPING you get to sleep, ugh! At one point when I was a student I would go to bed so late that I didn't want to go to sleep because I knew waking up in 5 hours for art school would kill me- the fear of not having enough sleep actually stopped me sleeping in that case :S

Keep thinking about that awesome trip just a few weeks away! Sounds like you've been working hard and really deserve it :)
x

Saturday: bit of a down day today. I took a sleeping pill last night because I'd had a few bad nights in a row of intense dreams that kept waking me up as though I had to do stuff. Last night was much the same, but with a sleeping pill hangover on top. Didn't actually get out of bed till almost 3 :eek: :rolleyes: I got striaght in the shower hoping it would perk me up. but I have such a heavy head today. At least I'm less scabby ;)

Which sleeping pills do you use? I never get a sleeping pill hangover from over the counter Nytol (usually takes double the recommended dose to get me to sleep as well! :rolleyes:) unless the sleep was severely cut short.

Playing with fire there ;) well done on resisting.

Sorry to hear you've been feeling down :( I know the feeling of not wanting to wake up actually STOPPING you get to sleep, ugh! At one point when I was a student I would go to bed so late that I didn't want to go to sleep because I knew waking up in 5 hours for art school would kill me- the fear of not having enough sleep actually stopped me sleeping in that case :S

Keep thinking about that awesome trip just a few weeks away! Sounds like you've been working hard and really deserve it :)
x

Hey! You found me :D *waves*

I have nasty night time anxiety. Well, I have all the time anxiety lol, but it's awful at night. So I have prescription sleeping pills to use as and when I need them. I generally only take them if I really need to sleep/get up for like work or something important. Or if I've not slept ok for a number of nights in a row. I also suffer from really vivid dreams and nightmares, so never get a decent sleep. Apparently this is a big side effect of depression: Like the depression isn't enough!? lol
You're right about the almost fear of not being able to sleep or waking up actually keeps you awake. It's an endless loop of dread!

Having a car is a nightmare for needing to resist naughty food. I took Mum to a huge Sainsbury's before and seriously all the bakery stuff was reduced to like 20p. I could have cried! So instead I picked up my Weight Watchers bread and ran away :flirt2:

So I survived work. Luckily my lovely manager is back from her holiday so we had a good chat. I probably didn't tell her enough about how I was feeling, but got it across ok. She even offered to swap me out of kennels to give me an easier day, but one of my best work friends was kennel nurse so I decided to stay where I was. That was a mistake!! The first few hours were ok and then it just got worse and worse. We have a critical case rottweiler in who's a little bit aggressive, although she wasn't too bad just because she was so sick. Every time we moved her or looked at her she exploded with some sort of bodily fluid, and her vein with the drip in blew, then the one on the other leg we tried to lose went, so we had to wait a couple of hours and try the first leg again. Critical cases take up SO much time, which would be great if you didn't have 2 people working on a cattery and doggery with the potential of over 30 patients :rolleyes: It also didn't help that one of the driers is broken and my washing pile ended up nearly as tall as me. Anyway, I'm absolutely exhausted, aching all over, my knees are pissed off, but I got through it and there was no crying in corner or anything.

Haven't decided if I'm going to stick with kennels tomorrow or whether to be float yet. I hate being float though coz you end up wandering aimlessly looking for jobs lol!

Made me and Mum a nice tea and made myself a very nice lunch for tomorrow. Just watching tv and trying to chill out :)

Tuesday: Another day at work.

Breakfast: Porridge, Splenda, and hazelnut milk (part HexA + HexB1)

First break: Grapes, blackberries, and blueberries with an Activia.

Lunch: Wholemeal moose pasta :D with Quorn ham, Quorn pieces, 3 colours of peppers, plum cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, red jalapenos, skeleton hot sauce, extra light mayo, cheese, and salad with super mega low cal dressing (half HexA1 + 0.5)
Rest of the fruit.

Break: Didn't feel like anything.

Tea: A portion of sausage casserole, mashed supds with some cheese & onion fake mash mixed in, broccoli, carrots, and anaemic broccoli (cauliflower ;)) (2.5 syns)

Snack: 2 Weetabix, banana, Splenda, and hazelnut milk (HexB2 + part HexA1)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Diet Ginger Beer.

Syns used: 3
Syns saved: 14.5

Exercise: Working on kennels. Enough said :p

Oh I've enjoyed my food today :D Days like these are why Slimming World rocks!

Last edited:
Hello cheeky I found your diary and have been having a wee read through, it seems like you have been having a pretty rough few weeks!! You are doing so well to remain on plan throughout when others maybe would have given up.
Anymore word on the car front?? I hate car sales men think they are all the same and just tell lies continually. I was thinking about trading mine in last week currently drive a 2010 seat leon and he told me the car I liked was reduced from 10000 to 8000 and it would reduce my current payments on my own car. So he said i could take it over 5 years i only have 2.5 years left on my own car to pay, i would be getting a smaller car seat mii but a 2012 model. So i said i would need to think about it. When i worked out the figures turns out over the 5 five years I would of been paying 10080 and i was getting nothing for my own car!!!!! He must of though i was a twit!!!

Back