Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired! And my toes are killing me!

I did spend a ridiculous amount of time carrying round a Yorkshire terrier puppy tho. I fixed him with cuddles and got him to eat. Huzzah!! We also have 4 of the most adorable stray kittens in at the moment. They are beautiful and so funny to watch. Anyone want a black and white kitty?? We also have 4 adult stray cats :rolleyes:

Work wasn't too bad today. But I was working with 2 of my favourite nurses and the other VCA is lovely too. You don't see much of each other as VCA's lol. Also we weren't insane in kennels or theatre, so no stressing as would normally happen. Tbh I was so tired I was doing everything at my own pace anyway lol.

I so very very desperately wanted a takeaway. Partly because of work, partly because I've missed the birthday celebrations, and partly just because. BUT I made my very own takeaway :D
Veg packed Quorn daal, with Chinese rice, a little portion of Home Fries, stir fried beansprouts, and a bit of cottage cheese. Mum also brought some mini Indian bits in with her so I swapped my planned bottle of beer to them :D A grand total of 14.5. Sounds a lotm but compared to actual takeaway food and chippy chips?!! Hehe. Glad I didn't cave in.
And I have curry leftovers too.

Mum also brought me in a bag of candy floss!!!!! :D She's been to a seaside place with her Mum today. Was worth going to pick her up for ;)

Going to watch a film now and put myself in a diabetic coma with the candyfloss :bubblegum:

I wanted to make the car woman feel bad for 'demanding' a reply, which is why I told her that stuff. Wasn't an excuse, it's true, but had a hint of sarcasm. lol.

NO CHOCOLATE?!! Wtf?! Lol. I could maybe manage the odd day of that I reckon. Only eating it atm to use up syns!

Oh I got weighed and I'm down to 72kg :) Still 1kg higher than my ticker (I think) but considering I was well on my way to 74kg last week I think it's an improvement. Working next weekend so will WI again then :)

Right, films and sugar....x

I just checked my ticket info and that's actually currently at 71.5kg's, so I'm only 0.5kg away from that anyway :) Fingers crossed for next week!

Have managed another EE day today too. It was either another HexB or the candy floss.... :flirt2: I have only had less than half my HexA. But, meh, I've had yogurt and cottage cheese today. So enough dairy/calcium I reckon.

Gonna watch an ep of Breaking Bad, then crawl to bed to read a chapter of Gatsby. Desperately want to finish it before I see the film! My Nexus says I'm 40% through it.

Nighty night guys.xx

Hi, your takeaway swapping is brilliant...well done! It feels so good when you manage to not give in to temptation. I was itching for a glass of red wine last night, but thought to myself that I would end up having 2 glasses and probably get the munchies too, so I made myself a Pepsi Max with ice and lemon and the feeling passed!!

How is the Great Gatsby? I have it on my Kindle but not started it yet. The BBC featured it in their World Book Club on the radio recently and it sounded good.

I hope you enjoyed the candy floss!

If I had seen the kittens I would probably have sneaked one out, they're just adorable and funny when they're little :) And as for the puppy that would have gone with me too, probably the kitten in one pocket and the puppy in the other lol.
Work is so much easier when you're working with people you like and treat you right isn't it? I'm so glad I get on with the 2 lads I work with.
Candyfloss is amazing, love playing with it before I eat, I'm just a big kid at heart x

I agree with Tace- if I'd met the kittens at work I'd probably have adopted the lot :p hehe

Well done on the fakeaway! Did it get rid of your cravings? So awesome that you had a yummy mixture instead of lots of syns :D yippee!
And vig congrats about being just 0.5kg away from where you were before- you thought it would take until Sept to get it off again, but you're doing great :D *hug* yay!

Are you enjoying Gatsby? So many of my friends are reading it at the mo!
I really dislike Leo DiCaprio (mainly since Inception/SHUTTER ISLAND OMG his accent in that made me want to punch him lol) so if I read it I know I'd picture him as Gatsby the whole time lol, but I love Carey Mulligan.
X

Hi, your takeaway swapping is brilliant...well done! It feels so good when you manage to not give in to temptation. I was itching for a glass of red wine last night, but thought to myself that I would end up having 2 glasses and probably get the munchies too, so I made myself a Pepsi Max with ice and lemon and the feeling passed!!

How is the Great Gatsby? I have it on my Kindle but not started it yet. The BBC featured it in their World Book Club on the radio recently and it sounded good.

I hope you enjoyed the candy floss!

It was so hard to resist! My sister had been to the birthday stuff and had eaten at the pub, then later she was going to a pizza place for another friends birthday. I went to pick Mum up and had to stop right by a chippy. So many times I could have caved in!
surprised myself actually, coz I've not been able to do that for a while. Been giving in to cravings far too often recently :eek:

Well done on your wine swapping too! I get the munchies when I drink too. Especially beer!

I'm enjoying the Great Gatsby. Can just imagine how well Baz Lurhmann will have done with it and how amazing it'll look. It's quite a short book tho, so I'd imagine they'll have had to pad out the story a bit for the fillum. x

If I had seen the kittens I would probably have sneaked one out, they're just adorable and funny when they're little :) And as for the puppy that would have gone with me too, probably the kitten in one pocket and the puppy in the other lol.
Work is so much easier when you're working with people you like and treat you right isn't it? I'm so glad I get on with the 2 lads I work with.
Candyfloss is amazing, love playing with it before I eat, I'm just a big kid at heart x

We can't have a cat because of the dogs. Ellie is terrified of them and Dave seems to think they should all die :rolleyes: We get so many stray cats. We're not even supposed to take in strays!!!

Ah the puppy is actually owned, so I couldn't take that one ;) He was on inpatient being treated.

Oh it's definitely better working with people you get on with and treat you well. Luckily one of my favourite nurses works every weekend now, but she is generally theatre nurse so spends most of her time with the operating vet. But yeah, it makes so much difference when you're working on a team with everyone who gets on!

I have candy floss maybe twice a year. So it's such a nice treat. I did feel a bit sick after it though and I probably under-syn'd it, but :p I did share it with the dogs a bit lol. Was so funny watching them!

*Disclaimer: Don't feed dogs rubbish* :whistle:

I agree with Tace- if I'd met the kittens at work I'd probably have adopted the lot :p hehe

Well done on the fakeaway! Did it get rid of your cravings? So awesome that you had a yummy mixture instead of lots of syns :D yippee!
And vig congrats about being just 0.5kg away from where you were before- you thought it would take until Sept to get it off again, but you're doing great :D *hug* yay!

Are you enjoying Gatsby? So many of my friends are reading it at the mo!
I really dislike Leo DiCaprio (mainly since Inception/SHUTTER ISLAND OMG his accent in that made me want to punch him lol) so if I read it I know I'd picture him as Gatsby the whole time lol, but I love Carey Mulligan.
X

Well if you have the space for 8 cats I will sort out delivery ;)

I ate way too much last night! But I would have eaten more ordering in. It hasn't really gotten rid of my cravings, but I am glad I cooked for myself and had a decent number of syns, you know?

I expected my holiday weight to take months to get rid of - but that came off in 2 weeks. Which was a surprise! But this last gain of about 5lbs was pretty much a mystery gain. I know I haven't been brilliant recently, but not eaten enough for that amount of gain. Well, it probably is for me because I do gain so quickly. But it's very annoying.
It seems that around 71kg is a natural weight or even a plateau for me. It's what I always get to, but never below, and then gain and lose a few pounds over and over again. I think one week I managed to get to 70.5kg and then gained about 3lb the week after for no reason :rolleyes:

I really am enjoying Gatsby. It's an interesting story and quite sad too.
Ah see, Leo has really grown on me in recent years and I like him much more now than his Titanic days. I much prefer him now ;) Carey is beautiful though and I do really like her.x

Bloody hell I'm exhausted today! Had some really odd dreams about food. Mainly cauliflower .... wtf brain?!
I think I managed about 9 and a half hours sleep, but was very restless and had bizarre dreams! As soon as I woke up I just thought "I'm so tired" Really fed up of feeling like this!
Next week is going to be even worse. I'm working full days Mon & Tues with a half day on Wednesday. Then working all weekend. But I could be asked to do more with my friend being off because of her boyfriend. I hope I don't get asked to do more because I dunno how I'd cope, esp with the full weekend in too. I will offer to cover her weekends though, I much prefer to do extra weekends. The money is WAY better, I get more lieu time, and the work is more interesting. But I'll just offer anyway. We only do one in 3, but no one knows when she'll be back in work. Poor girl :(

I'll see if I can do an hour of studying later. At the moment I don't even have the energy to go get a shower. I really wanted to do something today and not waste the day off, but I'm too bloody tired!

Have been thinking about food and the different plans and stuff. Talking about the different choices of days with you guys over recent weeks has gotten me thinking. I think if I want to keep my 15 syns a day then I should maybe mix things up a bit plan wise. I think for now I will just do green and extra easy days and then look in to success express or, like Tetris suggested, even doing the odd red style meal (still not sure I could go a whole day). But just to change things up a bit.
I am also going to try and reduce my portion sizes. I have WAY too much, esp the likes of pasta and potatoes. Sometimes it is shocking how much food I eat :eek: I've noticed it more recently because me being awkward around food and people has re-appeared and I have made an effort to reduce my portion sizes at work. Like the one jacket spud instead of two! But I shouldn't be eating enough to make myself feel embarrassed, you know? So I think I'll give it a go.
Pasta is a big weakness for this and I often have 100g of pasta for an evening meal!!! So yeah, even if I only reduce it a little or by a 1/3 or something. Can still have a pile of superfree veg/salad/whatever, but definitely reduce the amount of carby stuff and maybe Quorn too. Although I have started reducing Quorn recently to save me money :p
Oh and trying even harder to fit in superfree with some meals. Why I've started doing tomatoes and evil mushrooms with me English breakys!

Right, will stop the waffling now...

Sunday food: EE Day + 15

Lunch: 2 free Quorn sausages + 1 regular, half a tin of spaghetti, cheesy mushroom scrambled eggs, 'fried' cherry tomatoes, wholemeal toast, and fruity brown sauce (half HexA, HexB, + 2)

Tea: Small frozen Quorn cottage pie, bit of Smash, broccoli, carrots, sprouts, 3tsp of gravy granules, and piccalilli & lingonberry sauce (8)

End of week treats!!: A Double Decker (12.5)
A Blue Riband (5)
And a Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash. Highlights made with hazelnut milk (rest of HexA + 2)

Syns used: 32.5
Syns leftover this week: 0.5 ;)

Exercise: I made myself take the dogs out!! Another busy week this week so wont get much of a chance :( Should hopefully be able to get in a few 15min each walks or something. Just anything to get us out for a bit I think.
1hr14mins/3.7mile walk between the dogs. Did a quite hilly route with Ellie. http://www.mapmywalk.com/routes/view/211441971

MY FIRST 100% WEEK IN AAAAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Last edited:
Monday: Working 9-5:30 I *think* in theatre prep.

Will go Green + 15 today.

Breakfast: Weetabix, banana, maple syrup, and hazelnut milk (part HexA1, HexB1, + 0.5)

Morning break: Pineapple, kiwi, blueberries, and red grapes with an Activia.

Lunch: Quorn pieces, mushrooms, peppers, green beans, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, and spinach with a bit of hot sauce and seasoning. Wholemeal Moose pasta in 1tbsp of extra light mayo (0.5) Salad and quite a bit of beetroot with spray dressing.
WW Jelly and any fruit left (0.5)

Afternoon break: Small apple.

Tea: 1 syn chilli, Mexican rice, cheese, cottage cheese, salad, beetroot, and spray dressing (HexA2 + 1)

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2) And a Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Ribena. Coke Zero. Lilt Zero. Options made with hazelnut milk (rest of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 7.5
Syns saved: 7.5

Exercise: 7hrs on my feet at work.

Last edited:
I think that's a good plan with the meals/plans. :D Your lunch yest (minus spag hoops) would have been red friendly. And you can have quorn, right? I swear I've notice a lot of red style meals though your diary, I think it'll be less scary once you give it a go :) can have wholemeal pasta also but a stingy amount.

I've noticed I cook WAY too much pasta and rice and stuff and then eat it all!
Before sw I used to cook half a pack of pasta (250g) for both me and G when it was like a side to bolognese :| so we'd have 125g + 200g of beef!! Jeeze. But yeah, I think if we cook less we'd realise we were content with less. Dunno about you but with pasta dishes I dont even think about how full I am until it's all gone! Am better with other meals though...

Hadnt realised you had a gain seperate from hol one :( to do with the new meds raking up your apetite? I think you've done fantastically to lose regardless of the medication amping your nosh desires! I think you'll continue to lose and break through the plateau weight to the 4.5st award :D
I recon if you cut the pasta and potato to just every other day it would be almost as good as Red days and give a big boost. I think pasta really bloats me, probs because I overeat it and eat less veg with it than I should. :rolleyes:

P.s. I probs do have room for 8 cats :S not sure why I dont already have loads! Grew up with like 7 :p I REALLY want another cat though. Maybe a Norwegian Forest cat :D

I'm starting with EE first, so don't be getting too excited. The thing is, I love my beans and spaghetti. I wouldn't do a meal like an English breaky without them.

I also have a LOT of veg or salad with any meal, so I think I'm ok there. But some stuff I eat is completely unnecessary. I do love big portions, but they've gotten a little ridiculous of late. My tea this evening was definitely 2/3 superfree with all the veg. And I made a much smaller portion of Smash and no roasties :)
I think even if I'm still going to want a very full plate of food, then I shall just up the veg or salad even more. So my plate looks full, even though I'm reducing other things. Wont feel like I'm missing out then.

For my work lunch tomorrow I only did 50g of Moose pasta, which filled the bottom of about half my lunch box, so filled the other half with salad and beetroot. Go me :) :eek:

Small changes though or I'll get fed up and feel deprived.

I think the small gain was because of meals out and I did have a few days off plan. But I can easily gain 4lbs in a week for no reason. It probably is because of the increased hunger of the meds as well as me going off plan a little. But I have been doing SW for at least 80% of the time.
I really hope I do get below 71kg and stay below it. But I'm a bit sceptical. We'll see :)

Just watching Dr Who. Might do another ep, then a Breaking Bad, and then bed. Need to spread out my end of week treats over a couple of hours LOL!xx

Last edited:
Awww poor Sam!! Dave thinks birds should die too. He's forever chasing them through the garden. They do seem to be winding him up on purpose tho lol! He also thinks bees, flies, moths, daddy long legs, etc should also die :rolleyes: Bloody terriers!! lol

I'll get to see the kitties again tomorrow! It's such a shame I can't take one, but I would worry about it's safety here with the dogs. And also, if it didn't work out I'd have to pass him on to someone. And I couldn't do that :(

They'll get snapped up though. They're beautiful!xx

We have another dog who is staying with the OH's sister for the time being as she is too much for him to handle being off his feet. She is a total nutter, she thinks anything small and moves quick should die, so any Idea of having a cat/kitten is right out of the window :( She's a dutch shepherd, we got her as a puppy from the dog's trust but as she's got older she's got a proper handful, jumps over the 6 ft wall in the garden, escapes constantly, has even jumped over the OH to get out, she ate the settee when she was younger( which we had to completely replace) and she's really hyper. The OH's nephew takes her for a 6 mile run every morning and takes her when he goes out cycling and that still doesn't tire her. She is a lovely dog and is really loyal but with me working nights she wasn't getting enough exercise during the day, the plan is to have her back when the OH half is back on his feet. We love her to bits and it was heartbreaking to let her go but it was the best option for her. She was abandoned less than a day old with another 7 puppies in the centre of Leeds and hand reared by the dog's trust. We go and visit her every week with Sam :) x x

Omg kitty so cuuute!!
I said to G today "we have room for 8 cats, why do we only have one? :s" hehe

Go you for less pasta :)! Great idea to up SF, that alone will boost losses I'm sure.
As a veggie, what differenciates EE from Green? Thought EE was just for when wanting both meat and carbs (like spag bol)
X

That's sad about your Shepherd. Sounds about right for the breed though. They're often quite destructive from boredom or anxiety. They're very, very nervy dogs shepherds (any type!) Beautiful though, I completely agree with you! But yeah, they take soooo much work :( Must have been so hard for you. I completely understand :)

Haha the kitties are still there and still being adorable. We now have 9 stray cats Tetris, so you'll have to ask G again ;)

I'm quite proud of the smaller amount of pasta and extra salad :D And I wasn't hungry!!

EE is basically more superfree and less Hex's! So a bit of a bum deal lol. But I can do them occasionally if I work my meals out before hand. Some meals on green, like jacket spud and beans is really easy to do an forget SF. So I usually 'interesting beans' now with veggies in as well as a salad :) But yeah, basically an EE day is less Hex's :p

Right, can talk about work now. It was so lovely today and so chilled and everyone was happy. 3:30 two emergencies come in. Both unrelated dog attacks :( I was asked to assist with one in theatre and after an hour the nurse had to go, so it was left to me *gulp* The dog is still alive, how I dunno, but I'm pretty shaken I have to say. Feel sick and shaky from the adrenaline. Had to sit in my car for 5 mins before I could drive. Monitoring anaesthetics and basically keeping something alive in an emergency situation is TERRIFYING!!!!!!!!!!! I've monitored anaesthetics before like, but not by myself during an emergency op!
While our one was going on a gastric torsion was rushed in and other people were dragged in to assist with that. That is an all-out, life and death, emergency that. Was glad that one wasn't mine tbh!!
I'm proud of myself and everything. But my God I've taken a beating! Got a massive headache and feel even more exhausted.
Just making my tea though and chilli and rice will cure me ;)

Also got an interesting email from the car place today. The woman has spoken to the director of the company and they are:

"1. Your log book was applied for just under 2 weeks ago and will be forwarded to you on receipt. This has definitely been requested on your behalf.
2. We would like to send you out a cheque for the sum of £250 which is to cover the inconvenience and distress caused to you, along with the expenses of your taxi fares and petrol. I have your address and will send this cheque out to you today.
3. We would like you to bring the car in at a convenient date and time to you and we will then get an MOT done for you.
4. In relation to the replacement seat, we think we have sourced one but until our mechanic goes tomorrow to double check it’s the correct one, we can’t confirm it is the right one but we will confirm that we will make a commitment to get you the correct seat as soon as possible.

I hope the above is of some assistance to you Kelly."

:faint2: Not that I trust them to do my MOT and I would take it somewhere else to be serviced afterwards. But, wow. They're obviously pretty scared about what I've been saying! Huh....

Tuesday: Working 9-5:30. Supposed to be having the day with my mentor. Not sure what that will entail lol.

Will go Green + 15 today.

Breakfast: Weetabix, banana, maple syrup, and hazelnut milk (part HexA1, HexB1, + 0.5)

Morning break: Pineapple, kiwi, blueberries, and red grapes with an Activia.

Lunch: Quorn pieces, mushrooms, peppers, green beans, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, and spinach with a bit of hot sauce and seasoning. Wholemeal Moose pasta in 1tbsp of extra light mayo (0.5) Salad, beetroot, grated carrot, with spray dressing.
WW Jelly and any fruit left (0.5)

Afternoon break: Small apple.

Tea: Smash, 3 Linda M sausages, bbq beans with onion, mushrooms, peppers, and cherry tomatoes in. Cheese. Salad, and dressing (HexA2)

Snack: Danio passion fruit with 2 crumbled Alpen's, pineapple chunks, and maple syrup (HexB2 + 2)

Drinks: Coffee. Ribena. Coke Zero. Options made with mostly hazelnut milk (kinda rest of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 5.5
Syns saved: 17

Exercise: Another long and stressful day in work.
Cleaned the bunnies.

Last edited:
Back