Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Well done for doing that on your own, I would have been really scared. It must have been exciting in a way, it also shows they have confidence in you :)

I laughed (at them) when I saw what they said about your car, they certainly are pooping their knickers because they know they are in the wrong, maybe you should push them a little more. They're lucky you've been reasonable with them.

When we got Tia from the dogs trust they told us she was an akita cross but as she got bigger we realised she had no akita in her what so ever and then we saw a dutch shepherd on the telly and it was identical to her. She was such a stubborn puppy, when I took her to puppy training she wouldn't do anything all she wanted to do was play with the other puppies. She is however very intelligent I can teach her a trick in minutes when she's in the mood :)

Holy crap that op sounds so intense!! Are you OK now? I would be freaking out in that scenario. Was the dog OK in the end?

WELL DONE for managing with less pasta!!! It's weird, huh?? Just dont need as much as we think. Big woop!
When I've been making meatballs recently I have them with just salad and it is amazing that I am full as usually I'd have a plate of pasta with that.

I see what you mean about EE, but I think the less hex's is probs to do with mixing the fat of meat with carbs and overall people eat more calories that way, so the fact that you are just having less Hex's does seem depriving.

I really really want more kitties now. The more I think about it, the more I wonder why we only have the one :S I mean- we are home 95% of the time playing with lil' Juan and my mum would take the ten cats off us if we went on hol, seriously, why isnt our flat a kitty farm already?! Haha

X

Well done for doing that on your own, I would have been really scared. It must have been exciting in a way, it also shows they have confidence in you :)

I laughed (at them) when I saw what they said about your car, they certainly are pooping their knickers because they know they are in the wrong, maybe you should push them a little more. They're lucky you've been reasonable with them.

When we got Tia from the dogs trust they told us she was an akita cross but as she got bigger we realised she had no akita in her what so ever and then we saw a dutch shepherd on the telly and it was identical to her. She was such a stubborn puppy, when I took her to puppy training she wouldn't do anything all she wanted to do was play with the other puppies. She is however very intelligent I can teach her a trick in minutes when she's in the mood :)

I didn't have all that much choice about the anaesthetic :p But yeah, they probably could have found someone else if they'd not wanted me too. That vet can be a pain at times as well and I didn't think he trusted me at all. But he was very well behaved, I have to say.

It is a shame about Tia. I don't doubt you've done everything you could! Some dogs are just a handful. They're a little like Collies are, shepherds, highly strung, very intelligent, a bit loopy, etc... Lol!

Holy crap that op sounds so intense!! Are you OK now? I would be freaking out in that scenario. Was the dog OK in the end?

WELL DONE for managing with less pasta!!! It's weird, huh?? Just dont need as much as we think. Big woop!
When I've been making meatballs recently I have them with just salad and it is amazing that I am full as usually I'd have a plate of pasta with that.

I see what you mean about EE, but I think the less hex's is probs to do with mixing the fat of meat with carbs and overall people eat more calories that way, so the fact that you are just having less Hex's does seem depriving.

I really really want more kitties now. The more I think about it, the more I wonder why we only have the one :S I mean- we are home 95% of the time playing with lil' Juan and my mum would take the ten cats off us if we went on hol, seriously, why isnt our flat a kitty farm already?! Haha

X

Haha! Well, it is my job! Wasn't easy like! It's never easy being in control of something's life like that. The dog is, surprisingly, still alive! The vet predicted it wouldn't last 10 hrs!! It's recovery is going to be horrific tho :( He wanted to let her go under anaesthetic as he kept saying he wouldn't put his own dog through this. But we couldn't get hold of the owners!!!!!!! Who drops their pet off in a life or death situation and doesn't answer their f*cking phone?!

I'm alright. Very tired, but ok :) Was at it again today lol.

I guess with EE I do make an even more conscious effort to put veg and salad in food. And only having 2 hex's does, I guess, cut down on calories. But yeah, they don't make much sense as a veggie, but at least I know I can do them :)

The kitties have gone to a re-homing centre! Just the kittens though :( I dunno if this will help or not, but cat's are supposed to be solitary. Causes so many problems and stress for the cats. I know that wont stop you getting more :p But, it's true.... Sorry :eek:

Oh I'm so tired!!!!!! I did get a lot of time with my mentor. We had a good chat and made a plan. But we also did some practical work.
We went through the assignment I did the other week - the diseases one. And I just have to add in some small bits. Including an introduction to each, which was my idea and I said I'd be happier doing that. I also need to put them in to 'handout' format when I'm done :rolleyes:
We've decided I get to do my First Aid talk on Thursday, the joy. I have no idea what I'm doing for that. I think it's kinda presenting my leaflet and first aid kit, but other than that, not a clue!

Then we went and did a practical assessment. It was cleaning, packaging, and sterilising surgical equipment. Which I've been doing for over 2 years :p I had to explain stuff and answer a few questions too.

In the afternoon I was given an anaesthetic case to use. It was the other dog attack from yesterday and we were knocking her out to assess, clip, clean, suture, etc wounds. So I did the whole thing from start to finish, including the paperwork and stuff. It was a bit intense with my mentor there as she's very 'enthusiastic' and goes in to WAY too much detail. But it was fine. He was a little unstable as he'd not had a pre-med. And also, because of the type of procedure, she was a big risk of hypothermia, so hot water bottles and towels! It was an interesting one to be given actually, makes a change from a run of the mill neuter or something.
And because it made sense, we did the practical assessment of 'recovering an animal from an anaesthetic' at the end. So had to prepare it's kennel, check post-op temp, re-check vital signs, make sure she was swallowing, etc... That all went fine :)

And on top of it I had my normal job anyway. And theatre was VERY busy today so it was an absolute tip! I did get people helping out though because they knew I was doing course related stuff.
But, in all, a really tiring day. Particularly mentally!

I stopped off at the shops on the way home and was absolutely starving when I got in. I had too many choices and couldn't decide what I wanted lol! I cleaned and fed the bunnies and got changed before cooking.
Ended up with a total green day carb filled meal :eek: :D And it was NOMMY!!!!! And really satisfying.

Super sleepy now. Going to watch Hannibal at 10, but might just go to bed after that, don't even think \i could stay awake for a Breaking Bad! Might just go to bed and finish Gatsby.xx

ETA: Having such a HUNGRY day!!

Last edited:
Have had a nice day today. I met Mum in town for lunch at the veggie place. I was going to go all out but decided to go slightly less synful on the meal so I wouldn't feel too guilty about dessert ;)

I was also adventurous and decided on the bizarre soup option. I had cauliflower and coconut soup :D Had one big slice (from a big uncut loaf) of wholemeal garlic cheese on toast. So two HexA's + 1 HexB.
I then had to have dessert! Mum had apple crumble and custard, but I went for the slightly healthier option of Vegan chocolate crunch slice with a bit of custard.

We then went to the cinema to see The Great Gatsby. I didn't eat the Maltesers Mum bought me, but I did have one of her Cadbury's Choco's.

Tea was Quorn fillets with stir fried onion, peppers, mushroom, and tender stem broccoli (garlic salt, paprika, oregano, and chipotle Tabasco) With low fat Supernoodles. 1tbsp of extra light mayo (0.5)

Might have yogurt and chopped nectarine and another HexB later. Will see how I feel, how long I can stay up :p

For today I will say I used:

Both HexA and B's.
25 syns

Which leaves me with 7 saved syns. Think that's alright and generous enough. I mean, the dessert was vegan, so pretty healthy :whistle: I will always stand by this with vegan food.... Hahahaha.

Oh, film review. I LOVED it!! Such a beautiful film and Baz has done an incredible job with it. I can't fault any part of it and it didn't skip or make up any part of the story. Well, a non-important bit really to get in to why Nick's writing the story.
My favourite scene of the whole film was afternoon tea at Nick's house. Was grinning through the whole thing. Yup, very well done film.

Have been rather busy this evening! I corrected and added to the diseases assignment - and made them 'pretty' :) So that's done, hopefully!!!
Have also just written up my anaesthesia case and I *think* it's all there. I've never written a case study before, so I've no idea if it's right. But it looks like I've covered everything from the brief! Will maybe not mention that and send it to my mentor next Monday lol. don't want her thinking I can keep up this pace the whole time ;) I just felt in the mood I guess. Plus, I have a whole week off next week and I'd really like to not spend the entire time sitting on the couch doing coursework! Some time, of course, but I would like some 'me' time! I think next week will be spent studying for some exams. And I might be able to do a short assignment which is basically labelling a picture of a dog with various 'bits' and another one for directional terms. *Think* I could manage that :p
We'll see though. I might get a run of motivation, or I might not. But at least I've gotten two BIG bits out of the way now.

And I have to do my First Aid talk tomorrow, so that's at least another one DONE! No idea how I'm going to get through that one :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's quite late but I have fruit and yogurt sitting next to me, so will watch something kinda quick and eat that, then go to bed. Wont be fitting in that extra HexB so will count one of the portions of cheese as it instead. Dead good I am ;)

Night all.xx

Thursday: Swapped a shift to help out, so working 4-8 today.
Have had a nice big lunch and looked over my First Aid assignments so that I can do the talk this afternoon. Seems a bit pointless when I have two pieces or written work about it :confused:

Taking Dave in with me today to have him checked out and hopefully find out what's causing his cough. Really hoping it's allergy related!!!!!

Food: Green Day + 15

Lunch: 2 free Quorn sausages, half a tin of beans with mushrooms, yellow & orange peppers, and cherry tomatoes in, cheesy scrambled eggs, crispy potatoes, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce (half HexA1 + HexB1 + 1)

Work break: Small apple.

Tea: 2 veggie burgers, Pasta N Sauce mac & cheese, lotsa cheese, gherkins, tender stem broccoli, and a veg bag (carrots, sweetcorn, and broccoli) (rest of HexA1 for milk, HexA2 for cheese, + 4)

Snacks: Chewy Delight (HexB2)
An Activia snack pot with chopped up nectarine chucked in.

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: 5
Syns saved: 17

Exercise: Just work. Have been so bad with exercise this week, but just so tired!

Last edited:
Work was CRAZY when I got there. Glad I hadn't been there all day :p I managed to get things looking almost like a bomb hadn't gone off lol.

Davey got his check over and his ears are lovely, his chest is clear, and his heart is like a little drum :) So just given a short course of steroids to help calm the inflammation in the throat. The vet reckons it is allergy related. Poor boy! I guess short term low dose steroids aren't too bad. Even if he has to have them on and off through the summer. Would rather him be comfortable. Carrying on with his antihistamines too.

I have to drop Ellie's pain meds back down (so they don't damage her kidneys) but if she get uncomfortable again we'll probably move her on to a different, safer one. I think we will, she's an old lady dog now. And we'll hopefully walk a fair bit next week while I'm off.

I was very good today and have just done a couple of hours coursework. I finished off my anaesthetic case study, tidying up the layout, adding some bits, and throwing in a few pictures. So hopefully that wont need much in the way of corrections.
I also labelled a picture of a dog (got to trace the outline in work lol!) with anatomical and directional terms. Mega easy, so no doubt I've gone wrong somewhere. Seemed way too simple!!

So, that leaves next week for some studying. And I might as well try and get the radiography written bit out of the way. Need to read that properly though.

Didn't get to do my First Aid talk today :( We were WAY too busy and under-staffed!!d We'll get round to it.

Right, going to have some snacks and watch a Breaking Bad I reckon.xx

I'm so not a morning person lol. Back in ye olde days of college and then when I did Open University, I always worked better at night. And sometimes it's the only time I have any peace and quiet. It's hard at the moment with Mum being home all the time, coz I really don't get any alone time.
Have just been pretty motivated with the course recently and I might as well take advantage of it :)

But, yes, very tired now lol. I am going to head to bed and read another chapter of the book I just started. It's REALLY good!!!xx

have to agree with you there, I do most of my housework when I get home from work because I know when I get it I can't be bothered. The only problem with that is I get carried away and don't give myself enough time to sleep :s x x

Friday: Green Day + 15

Lunch: 2 Linda M sausages, half a tin of beans with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in, crispy potatoes, cheesy scrambled egg, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce (half HexA1 + HexB1 + 1)

Tea: Veg packed Quorn chicken and pepperoni bake thing (1.5) Pasta shells. Feta and cheese (HexA2) Salad and beetroot.

Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)
A Caramel Freddo (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Highlights made with mostly Almond milk (rest of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 9.5
Syns left: 22.5

Last edited:
Decided to make myself a really nice tea seen as I'm home alone :D Had to run over to Morrison's for a few extra supplies.

Thought i'd give a chicken and pepperoni pasta bake :D

I roasted aubergine, courgette, red yellow and orange peppers, shallots, and plum cherry tomatoes. Then added them to a pan of garlic, mushrooms, Quorn pieces & Quorn pepperoni and chucked in a carton roasted garlic and onion tomatoes.
Made some pasta shells and kinda layered everything with cheese and feta. Served with salad and beetroot :D It was SO good!!

Got 4 portions from the actual veg and Quorn mix and it works out to 1.5 syns per portion for the pepperoni.

Have a nice portion of the same as I had this evening for work lunch tomorrow :D

Just watching some New Girl and then I think I'll finally watch Some Guy Who Kills People.

Oh and I did send my anaesthesia case to my mentor, I really didn't think she'd have time to check her emails. But I got an email back from her telling me she was proud of me :eek: :D That made me ridiculously happy! xx

ETA: I only made 80g of pasta instead of 100g. A small improvement :eek:

Last edited:
Saturday: Working 9:30 - 8.
Green Day + 15. Got some really nice food to look forward to today :D Especially the fruit. I love having nice fruit.

Breakfast: Porridge (extra syn for amount), banana, blueberries, maple syrup, and almond milk (Part HexA1 + HexB1 + 1.5)

First break: Tub of red grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and cherries with an Activia.

Lunch: Pasta bake thing with feta and cheese, salad, and beetroot (HexA2 + 1.5)
Leftover fruit + WW jelly (0.5)

Evening break: Bag of French Fries (4) A nectarine

Tea: Low fat Supernoodles, a veggie kiev with feta in (mmmm!!), veg bag - carrots, sweetcorn, and broccoli. May0 (rest of HexA1 + 6)

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2) 1 Hotel Chocolate choc (last one :'( 3) A Milka Bunny (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Mountain Dew. Ribena. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 21.5
Syns saved: 16

Exercise: Looong day at work! Around 9hrs on my feet. I seriously feel like I've done a million squats today. Will be crippled by Monday!

Last edited:
Back