Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hey matey!
I did remember something else I spend money on and that's getting my hair done. But it's Mum's friend who comes to the house, so really cheap. I did think about stopping it - she comes every 2 months - but my hair is so bad at the moment, it's falling out and really thin. I don't straighten it any more and leave it curly so it looks like there's more than there is. I have to be really careful when I put my hair up too because it is so thin you can often see my scalp or patches :eek:
So I don't really want to stop having my hair done, coz I guess I might as well make what's left look nice. She's even bought colours that are extra kind and more conditioning for me :eek:
I always justify getting my hair done with "I don't drink often, I don't go on nights out, I don't smoke, etc..." But I like having my hair done and the colours I have. Maybe I will have to let it go, but getting it done tomorrow and that will last 2 months. And who knows where we'll be in two months eh? :)

The thing with my job is that an animal's life would never really be in my hands anyway. You could argue with anaesthetic monitoring, but the vet is ultimately in charge anyway, and the dizzy spells don't happen suddenly, I can feel and see them coming on. So would be easy enough to tell the vet and grab someone's attention. Apart from that it's more mine or another staff members safety - restraining aggressive or large animals, stuff like that. And the headache's are constant. They vary in intensity, but yeah, they never ever go away, so have learned to deal with that. Stuff like making sure the room is well lit, not too much noise, wear my glasses when I'm particularly blurry, etc...
I know I wouldn't be able to keep up with the speed and amount of work done normally, but again, it's short term, and I'm sure the friends I have would support me. As I would them.
I think I have learned to cope pretty well with my symptoms, obv some really are that bad and I do need a bit of time to let it happen and then I can carry on. And with work I guess I really don't know until I try.
I was laughing about running to the car park the other day. I was stressed out of my head, I ran the whole way, had a mild anxiety attack, my asthma kicked off and I could barely breathe, BUT I didn't pass out and actually it didn't even kick off a dizzy spell. And that was major, major stress!
I am noticing more and more that eating is bringing on dizzy spells. It's like my energy goes to digesting and stuff and it makes me very week and dizzy. Something "interesting" to bring up :rolleyes:

I'm just sick of worrying, you know? Just sick of everything! I was so looking forward to this year, but it totally needs re-doing! Have already decided that when I'm earning my proper money again I am going to save up and aim to go dog sledding again in 18months/2years. I would really like to re-do that without being ill.
So, losing weight again and dog sledding will be my new long-ish term goal :)

For now though, course work, back to work plan, Endocrine appointment next week, and lets see where I stand. Oh and sticking to SW obv ;)
Back to it today but feel a bit sick and meh, so will have some Weetabix in a bit and then see how I feel later. Not much planned for this week so shouldn't be too many temptations to stray off plan. And I had pic & mix yesterday at the cinema and I'm going to only allow that maybe once or twice a month, so definitely not this week.

Just want to say thank you to you all for sticking with me. It's obvious that y'all genuinely care about me and just want what's best for me and for me to get better. I've made some amazing friends online and you guys are awesome.xx

Last edited:
Have done roughly 3 hours of course work reading :) Have read up to the next written assignment I can probably do most of at home. A bloody leaflet!!!! Argh!! :rolleyes:

Also got really really ranty at a stupid mistake in one of the lectures. It is stupid, but shows just how badly written the course is. It was talking about animal charities and started with the RSPCA and told you what that stood for and it was WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! Something so simple and basic, all's they had to do was Google it ffs, and it's wrong! So I'm sure you can imagine the mistakes made with more important information. Honestly, what a joke?! :rolleyes:

Anyway, think I've done pretty well today and even though I'm in an awful mood, I'm glad I've done that :) Might do a bit more later before I watch some more of The Wire. Think I'll use my friends practice website and my old practice's one as a basis for this leaflet assignment. It's basically to promote your own practice, the services it offers, and the staff. Boring, but using other practices websites for ideas should be quite good :) I hate these "artistic" assignments and would much rather write a bloody essay! I *think* there's a poster in this section, which should be lol-arious considering my artistic 'talent' ;)

Getting a bit hungry now and really fnacy Mac & Cheese. Not had it for aaaaages!
Food to follow....

Monday food

Lunch: 2 Weetabix (HexB1)
Banana
Maple syrup (0.5)
Kara milk (part HexA1)

Tea: 2 free Quorn burgers. 2 was a mistake, they're so chunky and filling. Really nice!
Pasta N Sauce Mac & Cheese (2 syns + more of HexA1 for Kara milk)
Cheese (HexA2)
Jalapeños and gherkins
Steamed broccoli
Microwave veg bag - peas, sweetcorn, and carrots

Snack: Graze Little Puds Brilliant Black Forest (97kcal/5 syns)
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 7.5
Syns saved: 7.5

Last edited:
Tuesday food.

Lunch: 1 free Quorn sausage and 1 Linda M Italian sausage (0.5)
Egg mayo (0.5)
Sliced red peppers
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
Graze cheesy sombrero's with salsa (2.5)

Tea: Quorn Lamb Grills
Sweet potato SW chips
Mushy peas
Sweetcorn
Cheese (half HexA1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Snacks: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2) with raspberries, Activia, and 1tsp of maple syrup (0.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Lemonade. Galaxy Bubbles hot chocolate (2 + rest of HexA1 for Kara milk)

Syns used: 7
Syns saved: 15.5

Last edited:
I feel so tired today! Think I woke up a few times, but nothing out of the ordinary. I know I woke up once shaking my head in disbelief, but can't remember what the dream was about lol.

I had my hair done today and coz I've been so worried and conscious of my hair thinning she's cut and coloured it really well. I've had almost 3 inches cut off and she's changed my layers slightly to make it look thicker. Also changed the colour placement too. The bright red and copper highlights are much more subtle and blended incredibly well and the base colour shows through much deeper. I'm SO happy with it! It looks brilliant :D She always does a good job, but this has really made me feel better about my hair :)

Went to my GP today too. Spent a good amount of time picking on him for not knowing how to use the new system they had installed today lol!
I told him about the migraine meds and he said I was right to stop them, but he's really disappointed that they stopped working because he was hopeful they'd help me out a bit. He said to definitely tell Endocrine about them next week as it's very, very odd! He wished me luck for next week too :)
Also got my contraceptive injection so have a rather ouchy ass cheek :p You forget about it till you sit down or lean against something! I told him I'd started reducing my sleeping pills a bit too coz my night anxiety is a bit better at the moment. No point me taking full pills when I don't really feel I need them.

No work today as having my hair done and going to the Dr's took up all my afternoon. And I'm absolutely exhausted now, so wouldn't be producing decent written work! Hopefully tomorrow afternoon. Rachelle's off work tomorrow but she wants to catch up with her downloaded shows that I don't watch. I'm good at not paying attention to the tv when I work as long as it's something I'm not interested in. Even an hour would be good!

Just watching The Wire and drinking a hot chocolate. Can't believe I'm looking forward to going to bed and it's not even 11pm!
Night all.xx

Well done on getting a decent amount of work done yesterday, you'll soon plow all your course work.
I have thin hair on top, always have had so I know how you feel. That's why I don't have long hair, hopefully when they find out what's been making you ill and do something about it it will get better. 2 things that do effect hair loss are iron and zinc, both of which can make you lose hair if you don't get enough.
Your food for the last 2 days has sounded so yummy :D
It will do you good to have an early night x x x

Hey!
You've changed your name :) How come?

Not feeling very work-friendly today. Had a bad sleep and feel completely exhausted. Might have to hold off on written work till I feel I can do it and carry on reading the lectures instead. Bad day today I think.

I'm sorry you have thinning hair too :( When I was younger, even in my teens I had ridiculously thick hair! And over the last say 10 years I've noticed it getting thinner. Makes me wonder how long mystery illness has been coming on for - other things like my depression, muscle pain, headaches, weight gain/slow losses, etc... Kinda scary in a way that it could get so bad without me really noticing!
One thing that came back better than normal on my blood tests was my iron levels! My GP laughed and said "You must eat a lot of spinach" LOL! He was amazed seen as I'm a veggie too lol, so I know it's not that. Will see what I can eat with zinc in :)

Actually, when I told my Dr yesterday about the mega dizzies after eating and he asked if I ate meat, then remembered before I replied lol. Wonder what he was going to ask about? Hmmm...

Aye, have had some nice foodz the last few days :) Have enjoyed it! Some different stuff for a change.xx

The name change is so no one from work can find me and see what I'm saying now I'm a manager. Barbette is my first name which I don't particularly like or use but it's not what people would look for if they were trying to find me.
I'm used to having thin hair, but it must be hard if you've always had nice thick hair. I take a zinc suppliment really just to stop it getting any thinner I know it's never going to get any thicker as my mum and my grandma's hair is the same. My iron is good at the minute but I do have to take 2 iron tablets a day and other tablets to maintain that as I have health issues that make me aneamic.
Any kind of work even reading is better than doing nothing, just do what you feel you're capable of :) X X

That's an unusual first name! Understand the change. Like I had to protect what I said from snipey, horrible work people. Better to protect yourself :)

I had a quick look for zinc rich foods and I eat all of the veggie ones anyway. Lets hope it's whatever's going on and if I get treatment it'll at least stop it from getting any worse eh?

I'm so dizzy and wibbly today. Don't know what's going on. Haven't had a day like this for a week or so! Have just eaten and usually I get dizzy after that and then it gets a bit better in an hour or so. Hope so coz I'm going the cinema! Definitely need my glasses today!

Aye, think I'll read a lecture or two. I agree, better to do something than nothing at all.

Think today will pan out as a low syn day I reckon. Going to take a Danio to the cinema, but that'll do I think. Not particularly hungry today and had a big lunch too. xx

Wednesday Food - think today needs to be an EE day because I'm very full. Really want some fruit & yogurt, but no way I can eat anything HexB-like lol. And I had veggies in my lunch so tis ok and not even a cheating EE day ;)

Lunch: 2 free Quorn sausages
Cheesy scrambled egg with red pepper and mushrooms (half HexA1)
Beans with cherry tomatoes in
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
1/2tbsp of BBQ sauce (0.5)

Cinema: Cherry Danio (1.5)

Tea: 2 Quorn fillets
Onions, mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn, and broccoli
Whole wheat soba noodles
Various herbs & stuff and soy sauce.
SO GOOD and syn free..... :D

Snack: Blueberries & raspberries with a Shape 0%

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke. Highlights hot choc (2 + rest of HexA1 Kara milk)

Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 26.5

Last edited:
All my name is unusual :( I think my parents were still tripping from their hippy days when they named me ha ha ha ha
If you're having an iron/zinc rich diet it's probably not that but your nasty mystery illness :(
Not good being all wobbly and dizzy I hope it's settled down a bit for you x x x

Can anyone help? I bought some cauliflower florets coz I want to have a go at roasted cauliflower. But I don't know how to do it and I'm not finding much for doing it with Frylight.
Can anyone help me? :sign0163: Also, can you roast broccoli too? Like with it...

I think it probably is mystery illness Barbette, but anything I can do to help myself out I'll take. Although a lot of the foods you're supposed to cut back on if you have an underactive thyroid I went "Naaaaah! I like them" ;) Things like sprouts and soy. Pfft, not a chance :p

I've been ridiculously dizzy and had to wear my glasses a lot - definitely for driving!! Feel a little bit better, but I have just eaten, so it starts again :rolleyes: I don't think it is my eyes, but have booked an eye test for next week. Then at least if they try to fob me off with needing an eye test for the blurry vision and headaches and stuff I can say, well actually I have had one! Besides, it's free and I get free glasses too, so might as well have them double checked. I need the very first notch on a prescription for reading a lot or when I'm tired. It's the smallest (dunno if that's the right word) prescription you can get!

Treated myself to some blackberries and I'm way too excited about them. Only got a few raspberries left so needed something else. Got a 20p tub of blueberries in Tesco though :D And an 8p bag of parsnips for the bunnies - I hate parsnips!! xx

Last edited:
Hair lools so nice! I love how the copper highlights cath the light- lovely! It doesnt look thin to.me so must have been styled well. I have naturally very fine hair, it's so annoying! Luckily it goes curly naturally so that disguises it a bit though lol. My sister (the 11 year old) has such thick curly hair- qhen you clump all of mine together vs all of hers, mine looks like a 6th of the amount or something! Hate how mine needs saily washing too because of this...

It is really important that you have something to feel good about, like your hair! Maybe if things are too tight for the next one you could skip and do a home dye and do the next one as a professional visit again... Though lets hope by next time you are back at work!

Dog sledding is a great goal to keep your mind on track :D with a different friend this time though I bet? :p that other girl sounded difficult.

Food is so on track- go you! And for doing the cw reading! You sound so posirive from the last posts... amazing that despite everythig going on you can keep on track! You're my hero! It just takes me one silly thing to set me off in a tantrum lol :rolleyes: am high maintanence LOL.

X

Hey matey!
Thanks for the hair compliments :eek: She put a few products in and styled it much better than I can lol - so it was quite volumey! I can't remember the last time I straightened my hair because I was so conscious of it. Like you, I have naturally curly hair, so usually just throw some curl cream in it and let it do its thing. I generally wash mine every other day and put it up on the second day. I am lucky that dry shampoo works well for me too ;) Lol
I still have all three colours in btw. The dark base colour, copper & red highlights. They're blended so well and it looks so nice when it moves. Better in person! My Mum's a terrible photographer hahaha!

I think I'd get told off for dying my hair myself because I'd go over the foil placement and stuff, so she'd have to start from scratch again and she might have to strip it all. A lot of hassle for trying to save a bit of money. She has offered to come round and just put a few foils in if it does need a bit of cheering up and that would be cheaper. But a really good cut, colour, and 2 foils is £35 with Marie. She's honestly fantastic! Can't imagine how much that would cost in a salon?!! She's a good friend too, so if I am a bit poor one time she helps me out a bit :)

But yes, hopefully in 2 months things will be looking up. They better bloody had!!

Didn't get any work done yesterday again. I was so, so dizzy yesterday. The worst dizzy day I've had in aaaages! I had my laptop out for a bit to check my emails and come on here but it made me really sick.
Don't feel as bad today, just really tired. Even if I don't start the written work I'm determined to do something today. Thought I'd be further on than I am now, but at least I've done something eh?

Oh no, I would be going away with the same friend. And probably the friend we met over there :) She was difficult, but with all the crap this year for both of us I think we've bonded even more and we're very close. And when I had the sort of fall out with my friends we promised each other we'd be honest if we were getting upset or wound up by one another. So I think if it did happen again I'd feel much better about talking to her about it. There's no way she realises she's doing it anyway. But yeah, I think the 3 of us would go and it would be awesome lol!
Thinking the 4 day dog sled trek and then 2 or 3 nights in the city or something like that. Wouldn't be anywhere near as expensive as last time, the 2nd holiday with the horses and reindeers was the more expensive one, and we have all our gear :) Definitely something to look forward to and focus on.

Aww thanks mate, I don't feel very positive at the moment just really stressed. Not sleeping well again coz I'm waking up really panicked! But I'm trying not to wallow and to do useful things and push myself a bit.
Aww I'm not your hero, don't be daft :p But thank you! I really am trying to not be too pessimistic. Not that I'll stop whinging like lol!

Desperately trying to wake up properly. My head feels horrible today, all tight and I can feel the pain building up. My neck and shoulders are sore and tight too, probably just from stress and anxiety. Not eaten yet coz I feel a little bit wobbly and I know when I eat it'll get worse for an hour or two - I shouldn't put it off and just get it out of the way!

Still disappointed I didn't buy blackberries :p

Oh and I saw Philomena last night. OMG what a sad, sad story!! I teared up a few times. Judy Dench and Steve Coogan were just fantastic and managed to get quite a decent amount of humour in to such a tragic story. I would really recommend it, but it is sad.

Hope everyone's having a good day :) xx

Thursday food.

Lunch: 2 Weetabix (HexB1)
2tsp of Graze Super Berry Detox - blueberries, green raisins, goji berries and cranberries (1.5)
Banana
Bluberries
1tsp of maple syrup (0.5)
Kara milk (part HexA1)

Snack: A few grapes.

Tea: Portion of "chicken and chorizo" pasta sauce - very veg heavy then I added extra peppers and mushrooms ;) (1.5 for chorizo)
Pasta shells
Cheese (HexA2)
Salad
Beetroot

Snacks: A funsize Twix (5)
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash. Highlights made with Kara milk (2 + rest of HexA1)

Syns used: 10.5 (Thought I'd have some chocolatey treats after being so good while out :))
Syns saved: 31

Last edited:
My friend needs me to go feed our friends chickens tonight - long story lol! But they live right by Dobbies (posh garden centre) so picking Mum up from work and we're going to look at all the Christmas sh*t ;)
Mum's got some free hot drink vouchers but OMG you should see their cakes! I will try my best to resist....

Right, an hour of reading. I can do this!! Just eaten though so of course I'm super wobbly :rolleyes: Anything is better than nothing. Anything is better than nothing.... x

Your hair looks lovely and doesn't look thin at all :) It may look worse to you because you're used to thick hair. My daughter has beautiful thick hair, straight as a die as well, I was really glad she has as I didn't want her teased like me for having fine/thin hair.
Sorry to hear you're all wobbly, I'm hoping it will subside and you'll feel a little better.
Feeding chickens souds like fun :) Hope you have a nice time at the garden centre and the cakes don't call your name ha ha ha ha x x

Back