Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Monday food: Lets see what happens lol. It starts off well anyway ;) I think it's safe to say that most of this week I wont be able to count syns for some meals. So will go very low syn for the meals I can and hope it balances out a little. Or, that I don't gain about 7lbs lol! Wish me luck...

Lunch: Sachet of plain porridge (HexB1)
150ml Kara milk (part HexA1)
Maple Syrup (0.5)
Banana and blueberries

Takeaway tea at my friends: Half portion of chips, half portion of fried rice, curry, and a savoury cake :) Was really nice but, my God I'm full!

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Diet ginger ale. Non-alcoholic Glögg (Swedish mulled wine) Peppermint tea

Last edited:
So far today I've de-poo'd the garden, cleaned and fed the bunnies, hoovered the kitchen, living room, hall, and Rachelle's bedroom, had a shower, and half got ready for going out later.
The day's gotten away from me a bit lol! Just going to do some course work reading for an hour or so. Hopefully start the next written piece tomorrow. Was going to start it today, but don't feel up to it or like I'd give it my attention. Got a totally free afternoon tomorrow, until we go out for tea, and I don't need to do anything coz I did it all today. So should get a decent chunk of it done tomorrow :)

Of course the day I set aside to start the written assignment I feel awful!! Didn't sleep well at all last night and was awake way past 3 am. I've recently started going down to half a sleeping pill again, but the last 2 days the night time pounding heart/palpitations have come back and it was so bad last night I ended up taking the 2nd half of the pill after 2hrs lying in the dark.
I've had a couple of weeks off from the pounding heart and the higher heart rate and I'd kinda forgotten how bad it was. At least I can add it to my current "symptoms list" for Thursday. Have got a really horrible, sickly tension headache on the left side of my head and face.
Anyway, going to attempt small chunks of this work, even if it's only 15mins at a time. Need to get it going. And I know I'll feel better for doing it in the end. If I could get this assignment done before I see my boss next week I'll be really pleased. That'll be 2 assignments done since I saw her last and hopefully I'll finish the lectures for section 3 - only got a couple left now :)

Food to follow...

Last edited:
Tuesday food: Going for a carvery later with my Mum, Sister, and her Mr.

Lunch: 2 Weetabix (HexB1)
Maple Syrup (0.5)
Banana & blueberries
150ml Almond Breeze (part HexA1) I know you can have loads of this as a Hex, but there's no way I'd use that much milk in one day. It also doesn't taste of much if I'm honest :confused:

Tea at the carvery: 2 small Yorkshire puddings, sprouts, cabbage & leeks, carrots, stuffing, mash, roasties, an ocean of gravy, cranberry sauce, and a bit of wholegrain mustard.
Didn't go up for seconds and didn't get a dessert - even though I wanted to :innocent0002:

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2) I really fancied something chocolatey and figured my 2nd HexB would be better than actual chocolate.

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Half a Guinness :)

Last edited:
By' eck you've got a busy week lass, but it sounds as though it's going to be good :)
Sorry you're not so good today :(
Any work you do even if it's 15 minutes at a time is better than none and will get your head back into work mode.
Almond breeze is yack!! I could never use that would much rather have less milk and use something nicer.
Hope you've had a good night at the carvery x x x

Hey matey!
I know, busy and expensive week!! And rather foody :eek: My work friend meal has been cancelled though, so that's one meal down lol!! Should just be one meal out on Thursday now....

I actually got really stuck in to the assignment and finished it!! Well, I need one piece of info that does not exist on the internet, then I'm done. I only want to know when my hospital opened and I can't bloody find it!!! So yeah, did all the writing and pics and stuff before we went for tea. And I've just been pissing about with it trying to make it look nice. I can't get it in to a leaflet format coz I'm crap with stuff like that.... and it is supposed to be a leaflet... but I dunno how to bloody do it, so f*ck it ;)

I feel bloody knackered now and my head is killing. But, another done :D

I only bought Almond Breeze coz it was the only fake milk on offer in Sainsbury's lol!! Wont be getting it again. Kara and Alpro nut milks are sooo much nicer and worth the extra few pennies definitely! Doesn't it work out like the entire carton for a HexA? How could anyone use so much milk in one day? HOW?!!

Tea was really nice. It made me rather dizzy and sweaty :eek: But the food was really good! Made up they have sprouts now it's nearly Christmas. I do love sprouts - f*ck you thyroid ;)
Was a good decision to have Weetabix for lunch lol.xx

Was just looking back at some posts from March - trying to remember something from my trip. And it's bizarre reading back at when all my crazy symptoms started coming out. I definitely crashed after the holiday (not surprising), well even when I was out there I wasn't right and was quite ill. But yeah, that first month was horrific! Still can't believe it has been going on THAT long with no answers. I also wonder if my post-holiday Lush spa treatment got things going too. Coz I know you can have a healing crisis and that a good massage can often bring out hidden illnesses. I wonder if that gave it a push as well as the extremes on holiday. Hmmmm...
Anyway, I really hope endocrine can help me on Thursday. I really, really do...

Can I have some crossed fingers and toes and stuff? Getting nervous now :eek: xx

Got my eye test and hopefully going to the cinema later. Should be going to see Gravity. My Sister's warned me it's likely to make me feel ill, so will be taking my 2D glasses with me and hoping for the best. Might have to close my eyes occasionally!
Really tired today and my headache is really sickly and tight. Had trouble sleeping again last night and even though I had a HUGE tea and then a Chewy D I was so hungry! I didn't cave in and eat anything though, but was awake past 3 again :rolleyes: Had a really horrible dream as well, like a cross between Black Swan and a demon possession type film. Woke up even more panicky than normal :sigh:

Anyway, I'm not eating out today at all! YAY lol Will keep today low syn to help me out a bit. Actually looking forward to a normal food day!x

Wednesday food.

Lunch: 2 free Quorn sausages
Beans
Cheesy scrambled eggs (half HexA1)
Crispy herby potatoes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Cinema: Nothing coz I forgot a spoon :eek:

Tea: Quorn bolognese: Quorn mince, onion, peppers, carrots, spinach, and passata.
Linguine
Cheese (HexA2)
Salad and beetroot.

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Shape 0%

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke. Options made with Almond Breeze (part of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 3 syns. Not bad that ;)

Last edited:
Well done on getting all that work done, it's amazing what you get done when you get stuck in :)
The almond breeze it's 850 ml so nearly the whole carton I struggle to use all my HEAs with skimmed milk :/ I love sprouts, I always have them in, I even have them stir fried.
It's bad you've had your symptoms that long, can you actually pinpoint when they started? Maybe that will give them a clue to what triggered it and what it is. I can imagine you're nervous about your appointment, you've waited so long for it and at the moment it seems the only hope of finding out what your mystery illness is. I will keep everything crossed for you this week x x x

Holy crap I feel absolutely battered. Just saw Gravity and :eek: I honestly can't remember ever being so tense and running through so many emotions during a film. It's quite an experience. I got really tense, teary, tense jaw, an incredible tension headache, and when I stood up I was all wobbly. Still feel a bit jittery now! Go see it if you can.
I'm hoping my friends still wanna go see it in IMAX coz I think it will be absolutely amazing.

Opticians appointment went ok. My prescription needs a slight adjustment coz my long distance vision's a touch fuzzy. But nothing major and it's like the smallest prescription you can have. So, not my eyes causing all the crazy head symptoms! Which is good I guess. Getting my new glasses next week. They're surprisingly like the one's I already have lol.

I think I started getting exhaustion probably way back before March, but just assumed it was depression related. I'm always tired. I don't remember ever being not tired :confused: It got really bad the end of Feb, which is when I first spoke to my GP about it and he ordered the first load of bloods. While I was away (early March) I was quite bad and it was the start of the worsening symptoms. I crashed when I got home and then got even worse after my massage. I could even find out the day the almost fainting fits started, coz it was a Sunday in May I was working. That was the last day I worked anyway.
So, I don't know to be honest. The only "trauma" I can think of was when my Mum had that coach accident on holiday in Oct last year. I had really bad depression crash after that. But then I had Xmas (worked Xmas day so was sh*t) and then my week long birthday in Jan lol. So nothing really stands out, it just gradually got worse and worse till I couldn't cope. I remember coming back from my GP with my blood forms and just sitting sobbing because I couldn't face it, but I knew I had to do it and I had to make this decision.
I bet you're glad you asked lol! I think it's something I've probably had for a long time and it's just gotten worse and worse until I couldn't cope. It's just been pushed further and further as things have happened to me. Rubbish!!

I love sprouts. But they're one of the foods you're supposed to avoid if you could have an underactive thyroid. Pfft!

I know I can do the work, it's just how my body copes with it really. I feel like I'm not really in control of most things. So even if I'm willing, I can't always do it at the moment. I think I pushed it too much yesterday, but at least it's done I guess.

Forgot to pick up a spoon, so now snacks at the cinema. Lame!! Tbh I was so tense I don't think I could have eaten lol.x

Well. What an absolute f*cking waste of time that was. FOUR months waiting for this appointment. And what did they say? Well

"We don't know what's wrong with you. It's probably not endocrine. We can't offer you treatment or referral. So we're discharging you and sending you back to general medicine"

:mad: WHAT?! Four b*stard months for someone to say they don't know what's wrong with me. WHAT?!!!

She took the time to go through all my results, read my symptom list, did a few physical exams, etc.. She said it should be my thyroid, but the levels are back to normal - 4 months ago!! She said it's likely I've had a bout of thyroiditis at some point this year, which is why my thyroid levels have been up and down. She said if you get that you're thyroid becomes underactive for a time and then overactive, then levels out. She said it's usually viral and a one off.
But that's all she could offer me in way of explanation.
She's going to speak to the endo consultant and see if he can think of anything, but if not, that's it, game over as far as endocrine goes. She can't offer me tests, diagnosis, treatment, nothing. So just sending me back to General Medicine - who don't know what's wrong with me! That's why they referred me!!! She said I may need to see rheumatology and that was the only thing she could suggest. Didn't really say why except one blood result is a little raised, but didn't know what it related to and if it was significant.

So yeah :cry:

So sorry hun :( awful that you waited so long for that shitty verdict- ugh!!!! *MASSIVE HUG*

Not sure what to say :( that must be crushing to hear! Stupid medical experts!!!
Hope you enjoy the last of your insane week of dinner parties (popular git!!)
X

I'm tired. So bloody exhausted by all of this.
The plan as far as the hospital goes is that they'll send me back to my "General Medicine" Dr and they may refer me to rheumatology.

From me. I'm going to see my Dr on Monday, ask if he can help me with the dizzy spells. And talk about things like ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, and Lupus. The more and more we get along and disprove illness the closer I think I'm getting to an ME diagnosis. Which is really scary :( But, to be honest, no matter what's going on, as long as I do know what it is it means I can work it out and get on with it. Will mention the B12 injections too, but I'm not in the slightest anaemic...
I'm seeing my boss on Tuesday and I'm going to have to tell her that this is as good as it's going to get for a while and I need to be back in work and get going again. Yeah I'm going to need a bit of consideration and understanding from the staff, but I can do something.
Anyway, if it is something like ME or CFS then there are no miracle treatments or cures and it's about management. So I think getting back in to work and building up my stamina and routine may even be a good thing. I know it'll be difficult and tough going, but I'm in no way willing to give up. And something like ME or Lupus will only get worse, so I might as well do what I can now and earn some money and my qualifications, etc...

I feel really low and just a bit lost to be honest. But I'm really getting angry and feeling rather stubborn. I can do this!!

Did have half a good day yesterday tho. Michelle came with me and we went to Las Iguanas for lunch (beetroot and bean burger with fries), grabbed a coffee and went to see Catching Fire :D The film was fantastic!!
Oh and got a hot spiced apple from Costa for the drive home - really wanted to try it and couldn't care less about syns yesterday :p
I had a late tea of beans, Linda M sausages, and a 'fried' egg on toast.

But I did eat two 2 finger Kit Kats and a Hotel Chocolat choc :eek:

Off to Pizza Express tonight so had Weetabix, small bit of dried fruit, banana, maple syrup, and almond milk for lunch :) Not sure what I'm getting tonight but do quite like the idea of their new beetroot and goats cheese pizza. Either that or the veggie one with the artichokes on probably.

Gotta go back to the opticians in a bit. They called me yesterday and he wanted me back asap to do another test :confused:

I'm sorry after all that time waiting it was so disappointing and it didn't give you any answers. I'm not surprised your down. I know it's going to be hard but I think you've got to keep on pushing general medicine to find out what it is and referr you to whatever department is necessary. I think being stubborn is going to get you through the hard times and help you move on with your life. I think if this is the best you're going to be going back to work and doing what you can could be the best option, give you something to focus on.
Sending you hugs x x x x

I went back to the opticians today and, surprisingly enough, the tests were inconclusive :banghead: What is wrong with me?!! He said my results were odd, but he didn't feel I should be referred out to the hospital or anything. He said the computer kept saying I was unreliable - meaning I moved my head or my eyes too much during the test. But I did my best, both times! Was there for about 45mins! He was checking my peripheral vision because I'd mentioned endocrine (it's also a good check for tumours and glaucoma) Both sets of results came back differently and were too variable to say one or the other. But he did admit they were odd...

I'm still kind of in shock about yesterday. I can't believe what happened, I really can't :( Maybe the consultant will come up with something, but it seems unlikely and they are just going to wing me back to General Medicine.
I've been doing a bit of research as it seems I have to come up with my own diagnosis possibilities and treatment plans. But it is a bit scary!

I really do think that what is happening to me now is how I will be for a while, if not forever. I've noticed a couple of new symptoms like sore throat and ears, which I've had for nearly a month now, and that seems to be an issue with the likes of ME :(
In some sort of cheery way, at least I am coping better with my symptoms and I'm definitely doing more than I was. I'm so, so tired though. Like extraordinarily tired!
We went in to town today for tea with everyone, but Rachelle & John picked me up so I could have a wander round with them. My head was so painful and I really could have just closed my eyes and zonked out standing up. By the time we got to Pizza Express and I started warming up I actually started to go really pale and my own personal hue of blue. Today is just a bad day and the stress and upset is not helping. But I didn't give in or sit down all the time or anything. So I know I can push myself a little.
Just getting difficult to accept that this could be it and there's no getting better from it. Just learning to cope and deal with it. That's a bit hard to take.
I'll be fine once I get used to it, but just feeling really hopeless and exhausted by it all :(

Tea out was nice though. If a little awkward coz I ended up sitting next to the ex - out of habit from me and everyone else!! lol. But it was fun and we all had such a laugh. The service was horrific and we waited over an hour and a half for our food. But we had fun anyway!
I got the new beetroot and goats cheese pizza and it didn't have any bloody goats cheese on! There was no way I was complaining or we'd have been there for hours lol! It was quite nice though, but yeah, missing one of the main ingredients lol.
I got the thin Ramano style pizza and tiramisu for dessert :)

Feeling really low and tired though and just meh. Going to watch an episode of The Wire and then head to bed. Don't need to be anywhere tomorrow. YAY! Also means I can eat regular food lol. So sad that I look forward to a SW day ;) xx

I really feel for you hun :( I cant imagine what you must be going through emotionally from all of this!
I think going back to work will be good for you in that it will keep you busy and focused... Nothing like distraction to pass the time quicker, you know? And a good step in the right direction financially too!
In the mean time, keep being a champ and working on the course work as I can imagine having both that and work at once would be too much!
How much left is there to complete the course?

Wtf cant believe you didnt send the pizza back! I would have been miffed! Only takes a coupla mins to melt sone goats cheese on a pizza, surely! Glad you had a good time anyway. Pizza express... How I miss you!

Catching fire was great huh?!? I was so excited to see it- read the books (only half of the third, low expectations for that film lol) and saw the first film quite a few times on flights to Dubai and stuff hehe. But yeah- it was great!! Will probably go again :p
X

Back