Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Ok one last post then I am going to bed. Seriously can't put that 5:2 book down. It's very well written and the blog posts she's put in are pretty funny too :) Very positive and filling me with enthusiasm. Enough so that I just did a slightly terrifying calculation....

So, if I stop tw*tting about with food and give the 5:2 and SW a proper go and I, by some miracle, manage an average loss of say 1lb per week. Right? Not setting my sights too high although I know I generally lose very slowly... But anyway, if that miracle were to happen, I could be at my goal of 10st in 7 months! Just 7 months!
After over 4yrs at this (although last year doesn't really count I suppose. But I dread to think how heavy I'd be if I hadn't of been doing SW half-heartedly) I think the 5:2 could really help and give me a new challenge and motivation.
The potential health benefits alone - esp as I have a heart condition and asthma, and various cancers, heart stuff, diabetes, stroke, etc are very prevalent on both sides of my family - are enough to make me want to give this a proper go. The potential weight loss seems like a happy side effect of doing something that could be very positive to my overall health and my future.
With all that happened last year keeping myself as healthy and as fit as possible is becoming more of a priority and I want to have a good affect on the bits of my health that I can. I mean, if I do have ME/CFS or even, God forbid, a tumour there isn't much I can do for that. But I know there are things I can most definitely do for my overall physical and mental health as well as my general well being.
I want to feel good about myself again and not see myself as this horrible, overweight, sick person :eek:

So yes, starting on Monday lets get me healthy (ish ;))

I wont be doing anything too drastic exercise wise until I am much more settled with work and know I can cope with things better. I have done some sprints down the corridors this week tho... But I think I will start re-introducing walking my dogs again. Even if I just start at 10mins for each dog on the days I can and build on that. it's not much, but 20mins walking is better than no walking. And it will most definitely benefit the poor dogs who have been very patient and very well behaved even though they've not left the house for months :eek:

So yeah, lets do this!! And I would really appreciate, as ever, your support and words of wisdom and kicks up the bum and general cheerleading!!

Night all.xx

So SO nice to hear you so motivated Kelly :D that's awesome that you could be at goal in the summer! Thnk about how nice you'll feel in skimpier clothing too to boost yourself through those fast days! REALLY helps when you can see a finish line somewhere, can only imagine how frustrating it is to have slow losses and wonder if it'll take several more years to get to goal...
Seems like that horrific hospital fast/stabby trip kinda had a silvet lining for showing you your ability to fast! And great that you can potentially help your body in a preventative way against issues you are suseptable to :eek: so chuffed for your motivation!
The puppy/wine day sounds.like my ideal day :D how cute- aww! I yawn back/do all sorts of spastic things to immitate Chewie :p he is getting big now and has SUCH a douchebag ego from all the attention we give him LOL.
My cousin who does 5:2 stuffs herself on the up days- really doesnt seem to look at what she's eating at all, was literally stuffing sandwiches and crisps into her mouth straight from a buffet as she told me about 5:2, and she always loses 1/2 a pound a week. So yeah, what I am getting at is- red wine and garlic bread would be easily allowed on an up day to still get you that pound a week off if you're doing SW most other meals!
I dont think I have the heart to do 5:2 properly, especially as I am at home a lot (tooo much temptation!) but def want to throw the odd day in to balance my japanese meals etc :D hehe x

Hey dude!
Could have been the wine talking lol.... But yeah I do feel more motivated after reading that book. And I think getting through these late shifts I was dreading and coming out relatively unscathed has made me realise that I can do stuff. This may change next weekend, but I'll have 5 days before then lol.

I've never ever been able to see the finish line. And now I don't know why I'm a slow loser, because I honestly thought it would be a thyroid problem, it's difficult to get my head round it. No one knows why I'm not losing weight. Obv it could be the insulinoma if I have one of them, but it seems unlikely. And surely they'd have gotten in touch with me by now if they'd got proof of a tumour?!
So, must just be the way I am. Can't remember if ME causes weight gain other than because of reduced mobility.
I am a bit sceptical about a 1lb a week loss. Maybe your cousin has a better metabolism than me? If I could solidly do SW 100% for weeks on end and gain weight lol. But I wont know until I try. Maybe I'll get a couple of big losses in the first few weeks to boost it and then it will average out a bit. But yeah, 1lb a week would be awesome!
I KNOW I can get to almost 11st, so first goal would be to get back to where I was the beginning of last year. Was I at about 11st2? Anyway, inbetweeny goal shall be 11st coz I know I was almost there :)

I think silver lining might be pushing it a bit ;) But it made me realise that you can survive, quite well, with absolutely no calories for 3 days. So what's two days a week on reduced calories. I actually think it would be easier to just do a water/tea fast if I'm honest, but don't want to push my luck!

Honestly if you only read one chapter of the book, read the science bit about what diseases and illnesses they've done research to see if fasting helps. SO many! Cancers, arthritis, asthma, heart stuff, diabetes, loads and loads :)

I love playing with puppies. People treat them as very 'precious' and breakable. Well, they're not ;) So I do play quite rough and stuff. But that's what they do in the litter and their Mum generally isn't careful of them lol! Puppy playing is awesome! I wish every day was like how non-vet staff think our days seem to be - covered in puppies and kittens ;) I've had some horrifically sad things happen to me with puppies, so I really need the nice interactions to keep me going.

Temptation is definitely the hardest thing to deal with! On one of my fast days Mum made a massive tea and then came in with 3 diff packs of biscuits and chocolates and kept offering me them. That day we'd been to Asda and I'd been rambling on about the diet and picking the lowest cal stir fry and stuff and she still forgot! It is so bloody difficult when stuff like that is going on.
Tbf she still offers me jelly sweets and marshmallows and I haven't eaten gelatin in like 15 years+ :rolleyes:

I'm glad work wasn't as hectic. I'm terrible with any baby, human or animal, I go gaga lol. I wouldn't want to do any work, I'd be playing with the puppies :D I really want a kitten but I know Sam wouldn't accept it :(
You sound really enthusiastic about the fasting and if it helps you out you should go for it :)
I hope you've had a good weekend x x x

Just to let you know I was recently diagnosed with ME. It did cause a weight gain for me (about 8lb) hence me starting SW. I think it's mainly down to reduced activity though from bring exhausted etc xx

I've been a very slow loser and incredibly fast to gain weight even before I got sick. But I'm sure I can put a few lbs down to potential ME and not being able to do much of anything :(

I'm sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with it.xx

To be honest Barbette I don't see that many puppies. And even less kittens! I wish it was a case of being smothered in puppies every day :p

It's a shame you can't have a kitty because of Sam. Must be difficult when you really want one :(

Hehe remind me of my enthusiasm in a few days ;)

I have had a good weekend thank you. Had the joint party with Michelle and her work friend yesterday. We had one hell of a Cards Against Humanity session. I even have grazed elbows LOL!
I also drank way more than I would normally - half a bottle of red wine (good for weightloss apparently. Right Tetris?! ;)) and some bourbon, maybe 3 or 4. I was drinking from a mug, coz I'm THAT classy, and was mixing the bourbon with Diet Coke. The first one I measured in a shot glass and tried to keep the measures about the same. Caz got a full shot glass of it though to try. It was the one they bought me for my birthday :) Very, very nice with Coke! They got me Jim Beam Black Cherry and it works really well with the Coke :)

Think we stopped playing at about 2am - most people had gone home by then. Me and Martin shared a taxi back and he paid :eek: To repay him I picked him up and took him back to his car today lol.
Apart from the lift all's I've really done today is sort the bunnies. All looking fine now! Wish they wouldn't worry me pretending to be ill :rolleyes:

I didn't eat anything till after 4pm. Thought I'd give my body a break and a chance to catch up after last night's party food and drink. Think it coped pretty well! Always a shame I don't sleep well after drinking tho. Why does it knock everyone out yet I am either kept awake or have a really disturbed night and even stranger dreams than normal?!
I had a small bowl of Cheerios with half a teaspoon of honey with skimmed milk sometime after 4.
For tea I had Quorn lamb grills, roast potatoes, this weird frozen veg & potato mash, mixed veggies, gravy, and a few sauces. Also had 1.5 slices of bread :eek: I haven't had bread with a meal like that in forever lol!
Have also had some chocolate....

Anyway, back to it properly tomorrow and looking forward to a 100% week! Just for this week I think I'm going to try and do 5 100% SW days and 2 fast days - just to get me going. From then on I'll probably have a day or a couple of meals off plan/normal eating a week and see how that effects losses :)
Worth a shot!!

This week I'm working 9-1 Mon to Wed and then 9:30-8 on Sat & Sun :cry:

Getting my hair done on Thursday as long as I get paid properly. Yay!!!x

Ps. I will try and get weighed tomorrow, but might not get a chance. I weighed on Friday and was back up to 78and a bit kg. Ffs! But I have been rather constipated this week too! And all bloaty and bluerg! Will properly WI at the weekend though when there's less people milling about ;)

Glad you had fun playig Cards against humanities- I really must check that out!!
I always get much worse nights sleep if I mix caffiene (coke/energy drink) with booze... I end up awake all night experiencing the hangover in it's worst drunkern bleurgh form! I really recommend next time trying a caffiene free mixer and seeing if it makes a difference... Though mixing the whisky and wine probably didnt help too ;) but good that you got your wine in for weight loss boosting of course ;) ;) it is why the french live longest- wine and cheese!!

I think it is a really good idea to push yourself through a 100% week! It has really helped me to get back into things too. X

You really should! You can buy it from Amazon now, the uk version http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cards-Again...ywords=cards&tag=minimins-21+against+humanity

Honestly doesn't matter what or how much I drink. Even if I were to have just one beer I get a terrible night. My body is just crap at dealing with alcohol. Getting more and more intolerant of it! Which is why I'm surprised that it was just my sleep that was affected. Oh and I got a gravely bourbon voice ;) But yeah, no hangover or anything. And I don't like other mixers, except ginger ale and it wouldn't have gone with the bourbon. If I'd have been drinking wisky/Scotch I wouldn't mix it (sacrilege!), but "cheap" bourbon has to be mixed lol.
And for mixing drinks, for me wine and wisky/bourbon is ok as is beer and wisky. I wouldn't mix anything else! I'm not a big drinker anyway so it's not like this is ever a problem lol! I'm a cheap date ;)

I reckon two glasses of wine covers most of your 5 a day right?! :whistle:

I really do think a full 100% week will help me. Especially with the mindset of it too! Think you sometimes need to be strict and focused to get you back in to it don't you?

Well, work wasn't so bad today. I mostly did e-learning on the crappy works laptop! Did manual handling, animal restraint, and health and safety - all refreshers with being off for a while. Had short exams at the end of each one. Got 95% in the first two and 80-something in the last one :)
Probably did just over an hour of actual work, mostly helping vets in consults.

I stopped at Morrison's on the way home and managed to grab a few Quorn bargains! Oh and New Covent Garden soup is £1 a carton, so that's fast days sorted this week! ;) I think for fasts this week I've got soup and crackers for lunch (I enjoy this SO much!!!) and probably Quorn with a big salad. I am tempted to do one day where I only have one meal though because my digestive system seems f*cked at the moment! Feel like I need to rest it! Might do that on Thursday actually because my hairdresser's coming round at 1 and it takes her hours and hours, so be nearly tea time by the time she's done anyway!

Speaking of crazy digestive system *TMI* !!!!!

I've been having these horrible hard poo's after being bloated and constipated. My bum's a bit ouchy :eek: And today I've just been and it started like that and then there was a big load of diarrhoea! So something's p*ssed off somewhere :confused:

Right, gross bit done. So after I got home I made a nice big lunch. I thought I'd hold off eating till lunch to try and help myself out a bit!
Washed the dishes. A short walk with each dog. And hoovered all downstairs :) *smug*
I was going to walk to the Dr's but I don't want to push my luck! Which makes me sad thinking about all the stuff I used to do and not get tired! Now I'm worried an extra 40mins of walking will do me in :rolleyes:

Anyway, food to follow.....

Monday: SW Green Day

Lunch: 2 free Linda M sausages
Half tin of spaghetti
Cheesy mushroom and red pepper scrambled egg
4 grilled posh cherry tomatoes (Jaunita vine tomatoes they're called :tomato:)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
BBQ sauce (1)

Tea: 2 Quorn burgers (are these still 0.5 syns each?? 1)
Half tin of BBQ beans with red onion, red & yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, mushroom, spinach, and Sriracha
Small portion of Smash
1 potato made into spicy potato chunks
Rocket and something salad
Rosebud beetroot - they're gorgeous!!
Cheese (HexA2)

Snack/dessert: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)
A few chopped strawberries and a handful of blueberries
An Activia
1tsp of Maple Syrup (0.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash. Peppermint tea.

Syns used: 2.5
Syns saved: 12.5

Exercise (not seen that on here for a while ;))
Just over 1 hour on my feet in work
30mins dog walking - 15 each
10mins hoovering.

Last edited:
It does my head in not being able to have a cat, I'm such a cat person. In fact I'm scared of dogs so having one is strange, lucky for me Sam is the biggest softy going and just wants to lick you to death. It's murder when I walk him though because if another dog comes over I get all tense because I don't know how it's going to be, not good for Sam though :(
I wish I could be like you with alcohol, I'm all or nothing. It doesn't bother me if I don't drink for months but if we go out and I have one that's me, more and more go down my neck :eek: I can finish a 1 litre bottle of vodka and not think anything about it, too many years in the pub trade :(
Your bowel movements sound a little like IBS, I have that and you can go from extreme to another in a blink of an eye. Usually some peppermint helps calm it down.
I'm glad work was calmer today for you, although e-learning has to be the most boring thing ever I hate doing it at work. You sound as though you did well, well done on the scores:)
And well doen on the dog walking :D I hope it hasn't tired you too much x x

Hehe I remember you saying you were scared of dogs!! Think it's very brave that you have Sam. Handsome lad that he is :)
I do like cats and I honestly wouldn't mind one as a pet, but I am terrified of them at work. They're so much harder to restrain and read their body language and stuff. I was doing ok until I get bitten and it put me straight back to square one!
But as pets, yeah, they're lovely :) I like the cats my friend lives with - Georgie and Mr Bingley!

Ah I've had my stupid moments with drink - who doesn't?! But my stupid moments are very low alcohol compared to others LOL! I remember one of Caz's birthdays when we had a cheese and wine party. Red wine and cheese makes for super interesting vomit ;)
I would have been happy with the 2 glasses/mugs ;) of wine, but I wanted to try the bourbon! I had 2 glasses of wine for my birthday and that was it. I think it's a mixture of me being a lightweight and also not really caring about drinking so much. I'm sure I will still occasionally have very stupid moments tho!!!

I'd forgotten about the IBS like symptoms with not being nauseous for a while. Totally forgot that was an M.E thing. Yay.... Oh well, that'll explain it at least :) I'll drink plenty of peppermint tea. Thank you for the reminder!

I agree that the e-learning is booooooring! But, it used up most of my hours so I was basically paid to sit in a nice warm room in the sun with mugs of coffee taking my time with the laptop ;) Can't really complain about that now can I?! Maybe I should volunteer to do loads of e-learning!! Lol

Aww thank you about the dog walking :eek: It feels so stupid that that was a massive achievement! I was ok walking Ellie, but by Dave's turn my hip was a bit ouchy and my chest a bit wheezy (seriously?!) But I walk faster with him and even though we did the same time I went a little further with him. Will have to start using my Map My Walk app again - I love that thing. I'm so competitive with myself!! I love that it shows me the route I took, what the inclines were, how fast I walked, and how far. Love stuff like that ;)

I just had the most gorgeous tea. You know the kind that reminds you just how awesome Slimming World is? It was so colourful and yummy :D Reds, yellows, purples, greens, a bit of beige lol! I even toned down the potato portion sizes as well! Made my Smash in a very small bowl so it looked like loads. How can you trick yourself like this? I knew what I was doing!! :confused:

I think that's why I like cats, I love their independence and their singularities. I have been bitten and scratched more times than soft mick, love playing with cats :) Don't get me wrong I love Sam and wouldn't let anyone do him any harm, I'm just not a dog person I wouldn't have got one if it wasn't for the fact Ian was at home on his own all the time. we've been really lucky with Sam he's the loveliest dog you could ask for all he ever wants is cuddles :D
It is a massive achievement getting back in to exercise after being out of it for a while, especially when you feel tired. It takes a lot to motivate yourself to get up and moving when your boy is saying sit down and take it easy. So well done :D
x x x

Playful bites and scratches aren't quite the same as what you get working with them tho! I mean I've been bitten by my own dogs play fighting with them and done nothing more than lose a few drops of blood and a bad bruise. My friend was bitten by a dog in work and it ripped open her entire index finger to the bone. She's a veterinary surgeon!! Sure you can imagine how scared we all were of nerve damage and such!
When I was bitten by a cat, small one on my thumb, I had to have a tetanus shot and 2 weeks of very strong antibiotics. I also got absolutely b*llocked by the Dr for going the day after it had happened and not immediately :rolleyes: Talk about dramatic! Yes I know it's because I have a heart condition, but still :p

Just saying it's just not the same as play fighting and stuff, it really isn't! Sorry :eek: Will stop rambling now!

I wish my body were saying to just sit down, I really do. I wish I could do what I used to, I miss how active I was and all the things I used to do. Was even crying about it the other day - loser :eek: :rolleyes:

Oh and seen as I admitted it to Tetris earlier I might as well come clean. I got weighed in work today and I was 79kg :eek: I was 76.2 a week ago! F*ck!
I'm sure some of it isn't actual gain. And with my digestive system being all over the place I'm sure there's some reason for it. But, well, whatever the reason that is a BIG gain and I'm really ashamed :eek:
Even more of a reason to have a good week this week!

Fast day tomorrow. Gots me my soup and fillets and Salad ;) xx

Urgh I feel a bit rubbish! Thought I might have actually gotten an ok sleep last night. But I slept from about 11:30 - 3 and then woke up a lot really panicked! I hate this night anxiety b*llocks!

Quite a stressful day in work too. My manager decided that I need to do some anaesthetic monitoring in preparation for my weekend, in case an emergency comes in when the nurses have gone home. This has happened to me twice! And I'm really quite good at anaesthetics, but panic when I have people watching me do stuff. If they leave me alone I'm alright.
Anyway I monitored a lump removal, dog spay, cat spay, and this poor little dog that was being castrated, having a thing on his eye fixed, and some teeth taken out. Bet you when he woke up he was like "WTF?!! Why does everything hurt?!!" Poor little critter! The last one ran over so I didn't leave work till 1:15. But when I mentioned it the vet or nurse didn't know I was only in till 1. Why doesn't anyone know this stuff?! *sigh*
Well, it's safe to say that my head is a bit battered and I've been a bit stressed and it's hit me quite hard. When I got home I went straight out to the bunnies to get them out of the way. i would like to walk the dogs, even just round the block each, but need a bit of a relax first coz I feel really meh.
Think I'll watch an episode of The Bridge and then see how I feel. I'm so cold today too - heard that's a side effect to fast days tho. Coz I need help being colder ;)

So I think I'll sulk on the couch and watch some stuff and see if I re-coup a bit :)

Food later.xx

I'm just not happy with how anything is being handled, I'm really not. Like today would have been easier if I'd have been with one vet and nurse team and did all the stuff with them, but I wasn't, I was passed between people and still expected to do other parts of my job and I also helped the kennel nurse a few times and ran some tests in the lab!
Supposed to be doing one thing to give me practice, but no :rolleyes: Getting kind of fed up with it all now! I'm sure it will get better and it's just a case of me feeling a bit hammered by stuff at the moment. God help me when the course work kicks in again! I'll be doing the bare minimum for that as well, I just don't care! I have to pass it and that's all I'll do. I love learning and never had a problem with coursework or studying before, but this is just crap and I'm only doing it because I have to!
Once that's done they might leave me alone to do just do my job and go home ....
The head vet gave me a funny look when I asked a vet if she could find someone else to help with a dog because I should have left 10mins ago :rolleyes:

Rant over!

I ended up watching a film this afternoon - O Brother Where Art Thou. Not seen it in aaaaages! Was good :)
I feel guilty for not taking the dogs out but I feel crap. And SO cold! Have just got changed and put a thermal long sleeved tee under my pj top and got a jumper on over it too!

Looking forward to my tea! Think I'm going to do 2 Quorn fillets cooked with some spicy stuff with peppers and maybe a mushroom. And have a big side salad with some little beetroot and dressing!

Feel pretty good about the fast day. Just a bit of a rubbish day otherwise! xx

Tuesday Food: 500cal fast day

Lunch: 300ml New Covent Garden Souper Green with Italian pesto soup (108cals)
3 Cheese Cracker bread (57cals)
1 Extra Light Laughing Cow (20cals)
=185cals

Tea: 2 Quorn fillets (90cals)
40g spinach (12cals)
40g rocket mixed salad leaves (8cals)
20g chestnut mushroom (3cals)
3 small cherry tomatoes (9cals)
19g grated carrot (19cals)
50g Red Pepper (13cals)
100g beetroot (26cals)
A bit less than 1 tsp of Sriracha (4cals)
Very low cal Italian salad dressing (4cals)
=175cals

Snack: 1 Alpen Light (70)
20 blueberries (16)
100g Strawberries (33)
1tsp of Maple Syrup (10)
Little portion of WW jelly (8)
= 137

Drinks: Coffee (only one caffeine one) Peppermint tea. 1.5litres of water.

Calories used today: 497
Calories leftover: 3 :happy036:

Exercise: 4hrs on my feet at work.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry work is making you feel like that, hopefully they will soon realise you can do it on your own and leave you to it. They shouldn't mess you around like that :(
Your food looks really good for today, well done on getting it all for under 500 calories :D x x x

Back