Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I'm so glad you're enjoying your fast days, you seem to have found what works for you and it's giving you great results :D
Well done on getting another assignment done, and good luck for Monday, not that you need it.
I'm amazed they're making your mum wait till July, that's a stupidly long time to wait for an appointment :(
Have a great evening x x x

Hi cheekychinchilla!

The world of medicine is a crazy game of roulette it seems these days. Find a good Dr and it's like winning the grand national. Hope you enjoyed seeing your friend tonight! Bunnies,oh I miss having them around when the kids were little. They weren't that interested but it was a great excuse with hubby to get them. What have you got? How are you this evening? And how's your mum? I'm trying to be good and have bed rest today. Xxx

Hey guys!

I can't believe they want to wait until July to see my Mum about a suspected stroke. That is insane!!

I'm really pleased with the fast days and how good I feel and how well my skin looks and of course the weight loss. Absolute miracle to have lost every single week since starting this! Really made up!

Have had a lovely evening with my friend. I was a bit late meeting her, which makes a nice change ;) We got something to drink in Sainsbury's, diet Ginger Ale for me, and we found a big tray of doughnuts on offer for £1.25....I'm not a huge doughnut fan but right then I REALLY wanted them! So we got them :eek: To be fair though it was a tray of 12 and I've had 2. I had one after tea and one when I got home with some coffee. Brought some home for Mum, Rachelle, and John though and left Michelle with some.
For tea I had curry, fried rice, and chips (didn't finish it though) with 3 mini veggie spring rolls, and a peshwan naan from the Indian. We went to 3 places for our tea/feast LOL!

I have 4 bunnies Louby. I generally have 4 at a time lol. But just mixed a new girl in with one of my boys because his wife died last year :( Always tense mixing rabbits coz they're little b*stards ;) But they seem very happy! I'll try to get a pic of the new couple tomorrow.
I have Ralph -regular size ginger boy (he came to me with his brother after being dumped in a box!)
Anya is my newest girl and was a rescue through work. She's a little chunky white Netherland.
And I also have Peggy and Simon. Simon and his brother Nick (see what I did there?!) came to me not long after I'd started my job, about 2 weeks lol! But after 6months or so Nick was just bullying Simon so much I had to find him a new home. And a new girl had started in work who said I could basically swap Nick for one of her girls, Peggy, and she would mix Nick with one of her. So I ended up with Peggy to mix with Simon. And seen as he's named after Simon Peg I couldn't turn that chance down could I?!!
Peggy is a big white lop and Simon is a little white Netherland type.
I seem to be collecting white rabbits! Thinking of becoming a magician ;)
I've been keeping rabbits for about 15-20yrs now. And they've all been rescues in some way or another! Then again, all but my frog are rescue animals :)

I would kill for a rest day lol! Hope you're feeling ok?

My mum's doing ok. battered and bruised after a fall yesterday and very frustrated by these hospital appointments. But seems rather upbeat. She's amazing, she really is!

Just watching another Fawlty Towers with a cup of coffee. Then I'll have to take the dogs out for a short walk to pee, then I can go to bed.xx

Last edited:
Hey everyone!
Have had a really lovely afternoon :) Didn't sleep well at all last night, probably less than 5hrs. Even with taking a whole sleeping pill! Took me ages to fall asleep and I woke up a lot.
But I still got up early-ish so we could go out. We decided to try and find Lark Lane, a bit of Liverpool I have been to once lol. It's impossible to get to by public transport from my house, but it's a 15min drive! I used to Nexus as a SatNav and found it pretty much no problem :)
We walked the whole length of the lane and eventually decided on Bistro Noir ( Bistro Noir - Liverpool Bistro )And a good choice it was!! I got the veggie burger, chips, and salad. Omg it was absolutely gorgeous!! It's only downfall was that it was a white bun, but it was one of the nicest veggie burgers I've ever had! it came with this lovely fruity chutney too. And then we got dessert ;) Honestly if you'd seen these desserts there is no way you could have resisted lol! I got the Yankee Cake which was peanut butter, chocolate, and jam cake. Holy chocolate cake Batman! It was beautiful!!! Wish I'd have asked for some ice cream with it, but it was gorgeous!
Mum got the banoffi pie, I'm not much of a fan, but I tries some of the caramel off it and it was amazing!
Such a lovely meal and the coffee was very nice too. Will definitely be putting a review on Trip Advisor :)

This was my meal btw, check out the little basket the chips came in :D
Liverpool-20140216-00512.jpg

After lunch we wandered back down the lane and checked out some vintage shops and art places and then had a nice stroll in Sefton Park. We were walking very slow, obv for Mum, but were probably going for just over 30mins :)
Lovely to not be drowned by rain and actually see a bit of sun too. Shame about all the kids ;)
Liverpool-20140216-00513.jpg

When we got home I took Dave for a 15min walk. Ellie was completely zonked out and didn't hear us come in, so I snook him out lol. When we got back she was still asleep!! Her legs are very stiff and sore from all these short walks so I just took her out to the garden for a quick wee. I'll do that through the night but take her for a very short walk before I go to bed. Poor old dog!

So yeah, have had a really lovely day! And lovely food!
Not sure what's for tea yet but kinda like the idea of veggie sausage rolls and beans ;)

I think I'll have well and truly shaken up my body and metabolism this week! 4 complete SW days, 2 fast days, chippy meal last night, and a pretty much off plan day today. But work has been quite physical, have been short walking the dogs, and also the walk in the park today. Hopefully everything's going wtf?! and had a nice shake up. Will be interesting to see if I get a loss next week won't it? Quite like this experimentation :D

Hope everyone else is doing ok and had a nice day.xx

Oh it sounds like you have had a lovely day! That burger looks amazing! I definitely would have had to have a dessert too! I loooove banoffee pie - mmmmmmm!

Well done to your Mum for walking for so long.

Sounds like your experiment is a good one! I'll be waiting with bated breath for WI day! x

That burger does look good - as does the park.
Strange how we have all got used to eating wholemeal bread although I ate it pre SW but usually with seeds in it.
Are those baskets the norm in UK for serving chips in as I have seen them quite a bit on TV (don't eat out that much, infact not at all really - too tight - we are the people you see in town sat on a bench with a packed lunch.:D )

We did indeed have a lovely day! I'm an odd one with fruit and chocolate. But the bit of Mum's I tasted was great!

I've never seen those chip baskets Systema but then I don't tend to eat out too often and when we do we stick to old favourites. But two new places in a week is a record lol!
If we're in town we stick to the veggie cafe most of the time. Sometimes Wagamama or something, but usually the cheapo veggie place where you can get a meal and a drink for a fiver ;) That's where we'll prob go on Wednesday :)
It's also why I generally don't mind not sticking to plan when I eat out because it's not usually a common thing and a nice treat :)

But, no guilt. Will just see how it goes this week and WI at the weekend at work.

Just watching Wreck It Ralph with Mum. She's not seen it before :) I'll be going to bed straight after this, in work at 8am tomorrow :sad0071::zz: I hope I get some bloody sleep tonight!!
Cheerio for now everyone.xx

Huh! Just looked up the exam I'm supposed to take tomorrow and it isn't an exam lol! I have to label two diagrams - basic skeleton and basic organs - and I mean basic .... :rolleyes:
I could probably just do them in work tomorrow, definitely the skeletal one. But the organ one I'd need a little visual help because I can NOT draw and I'd need a bit of help on real life shape lol. I know where they go, just not how they SHOULD look :eek: Will see what my boss says tomorrow. Hope she's got the outlines I need. She should do, hopefully!
I think I got it mixed up with an exam on veterinary terminology and directional terms. I'd need to study a little bit for the directional terms because I SUCK at them ;) Maybe suggest that for next week :)

Right, film's almost done so I'd better get the dogs out for a short wee walk each and then head to bed. I do not do well going to bed early ;)
Night again all.x

Oh dear - sorry to hear that.

I just came to say I hope you have a nicer week after your good day out and decided to say it anyway.

Thank you Systema!

I took Charlie to work and she's been picked up by the crematorium. Usually I just bury my small animals but with the garden fence being down and everywhere completely waterlogged I didn't think it was a good idea. I'll get her back :)
One of the very few perks, if you can even call it that, of working where I do, the nice pet crematorium offers free cremation and stuff for staff, which is nice.

I spoke to my boss this morning and she got an email from the college. They're giving me 6 months!! That is a complete surprise :eek: I mean my boss and my mentor have spent the last few weeks telling me how I'll probably only get 3 months and scaring the crap out of me! :mad:
Anyway, I am pleased, but I really hope it doesn't actually take 6 months. Will speak to my mentor tomorrow and suggest we aim to complete in June and then we have a bit of a safety net with stuff.
I got the print out of the dog to draw the organs on and I've been shown where to get a skeleton picture from to label that. Shame they didn't have one in work because I was offered the time because we were full staffed. *sigh* Ah well. So will do that this afternoon and have a look at my first aid stuff for this talk tomorrow - just totally gonna wing it ;)

Barely slept last night, probably got between 4-5hrs in all. Took me ages to fall asleep and then woke up several times. Feeling a bit rough today! I didn't really have a recovery day at the weekend and it's definitely showing. Not sure when I will get one!! Going to have to be very stubborn and have Friday as a completely at home day I think in preparation of the weekend.

Need to sort the bunnies today and get a shower a bit later. Oh and endlessly take the dogs for short walks! Not having the garden secure is getting very very old!!x

Monday food: SW Green Day

Lunch: 2 free Linda M sausages
Scrambled eggs with red onion, red pepper, and cheese (half HexA1)
Half a tin of beans with cherry tomatoes in
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Fruity brown sauce (1)

Tea: 2 Quorn lamb grills
Spicy-ish potato chunks
Smash
Microwave veg bag - carrots, peas, and sweetcorn
Extra peas
Cheese (HexA2)
Garlic & herb dressing (1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)
Activia 0%

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash. Peppermint tea.

Syns used: 3 - can't believe I only used 3 syns! SW at it's best there I think :)
Syns saved: 12

Exercise: 4hrs at work
A few short dog walks
De-poo'ing the garden and cleaning the bunnies.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your chinchilla :(
Glad you had such a nice day yesterday and today at work wasn't hectic. good news about your course work, must be a massive relief to know you've got 6 months :)
You need to take it easy, try and rest up when you can x x x x

Potato overload!!!!!! Think I may have just eaten my own body weight in potato. Or, more realistically, maybe Dave's ;)
I've been so hungry today! Was absolutely starving from about 11am! I know it's my own fault for eating piles of junk for two days. BUT instead of carrying on with junk I've stuffed myself with free and super free food ;) And you know, mmmmmm potatoes!

Had a busy afternoon really! Did the 2 label diagram things. My vital organs look a bit odd, but you get the idea.... and they're labelled :p
Have had a quick look through my first aid kit and leaflet, but need to look again. I wrote this bloody thing like a year ago! I don't remember that sh*t now ;)
I found out today, because the exams are mostly ridiculous 100% passes, that the idea is you get given the exam questions, discuss with your tutor, and LEARN THE ANSWERS before you go in. Why has no one told me this before?! So, that should be good.

My Sister came round for a bit so me and Mum went out to help try and put the fence panels back in. There's some gaps and they may be a bit wonky but they're in!! Girl power or what eh?! Mum with a billion pain illnesses, me with probable ME, and my sister with a dodgy back and hands. In your face boys!!! *ouch*
But seen as we've been doing it so often with the fence down I'm determined to take the dogs out at least for a very short walk every night. Have rather enjoyed it actually and of course the dogs have. Ellie's legs have been struggling tho, but only doing short walks.

Then I de-poo'd the garden seen as it had finally stopped bloody raining! And then I cleaned and fed the bunnies.
I forgot to take pics of Anya and Ralph but they were in the run again together, legged it upstairs when I went in, ran downstairs and happy bunny danced, and seemed very comfortable with each other. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a really nice HOT shower as well. Just kinda stood there while my muscles went "aaaaaah!" In so much bloody pain, but that did feel nice.

And just had my epic tea. God I'm full! But still feel snacky. Argh!! I'll shock my body in to good behaviour tomorrow with a fast day. xx

I looooove potatoes and also ODed on them today!

Sounds like you had another superly active day and really good food wise!

Well done for getting the diagrams done!

X

The superly active days are doing me in!! Going to walk the dogs for 5-10mins each before I go to bed. Quite liked doing that so might as well stick to it :)

Potatoes are gooood! Well, maybe second to pasta in the Carbolympics. Won't have hardly any carbs tomorrow so might as well enjoy them while they're free ;)

Urgh! I so don't want to do this talk tomorrow. Can't they just say I did it and it was fine. Even just give me a pass, I don't care!x

Hi! So sorry to read about your chinchilla. Must be something in the air, we lost our last one a rescue 2weeks ago, completely out of the blue. We've had him 9 years and he was a rescue when we got him and his brother. But no idea how old they were or even if they were brothers, Charlie died 5 years ago and quartz became very cage aggressive as soon as we lost Charlie. Sounds like you've had a good few days beyond that, I shall be intrigued to see the results of you experiment. Xxx

Back