Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Well done cheeky! Hope work goes well :)

Glad work was good last night, just what you needed after yesterday. I hope today is just as good.
Sorry you're in pain, not surprising really though with everything that's going on, I really hope things settle down for you soon x
I wouldn't worry too much about the course if you can't get it done today, like you said you don't start back till the 17th, you don't need to do more than you can you'll end up really poorly :( x x x

Well I almost fell over before! My mentor at work grabbed me for a few minutes and she had the anaesthetic case study I finished and sent her the other day. And she said it was absolutely brilliant! And that if I don't get a distinction she will eat her hat! The head vet was in the room and she was chuckling and said she heard that ;) And she even told a few more people. Bloody hell! Also, she gave another piece of my work to the other training VCA as a guide of what to aim for because I'd gotten a distinction :eek: :eek:

Work wasn't too bad either. Not as quiet as yesterday but still not normal! Had to deal with these stupid people who were pretty much refusing to stick to our rules and wanted special treatment. Erm no! And spent about 20mins on the phone to this poor, upset woman who'd had a hell of a mix up with her cat. It had died on friday and she'd asked and paid for private cremation, but the crematorium hadn't received her cat, but she'd been told that it had been picked up! Absolute nightmare! So I went to check and luckily found her. She's waiting for collection, still in the building, and had all the correct paperwork for her to go to private cremation. Hope I put her mind at ease anyway. Although she said she may ask to come in and see if it is the right cat - won't be nice, but completely understand why she would want to. Poor lady :( And stupid work people telling her the wrong information!! I'd be fuming if that was my pet!! :mad:

Stopped at Morrison's on the way home for a few bits. Finally got the mincemeat and spice for the Weetabix Muffins Barbette! I didn't get sweetner though because it wasn't on offer and I don't use it any more. So that'll have to wait! The mincemeat was on offer too :)

I guess with the coursework it makes sense to do as much as possible before the start date. But I'll just have to do what I can. Really wish I was up to more!!

Still in a LOT of pain!! :( My ears are really really sore. Why these hurt more the more tired I get I dunno. But they're really painful and pressure'y!

Bloody good fast day tho!xx

Last edited:
Great news on the case study and well done on the fast day - it looked delicious!

I find that bit about your ears interesting - is it related to your headache d'you think? My tinnitus is certainly worse when I'm tired. Sometimes, by the time I get to bed, it's deafening me and because I studied music I find myself listening to all the different sounds and analyising them - the high pitched whine which seems to be placed at x in my head; the sound like distant waves crashing onto a beach seeming to come from y etc. I have to make a conscious effort to not focus on it.

Thanks for the assignment love. I mean, I knew it was awesome ;) But well, depends on Miss Perfect :p Made up though! I put a lot of hours in to that!!

It's funny you should say that about Tinnitus Patty. My ears never shut up! And I obv notice it more when I go to bed and it's quiet. I've told my Dr's about the pain and the tinnitus and they don't seem that bothered about it :confused: My GP says I have dull inner ears and that suggests mucous build up and could have been caused by a virus or cold. But that's about it. Sometimes my ears are worse than my headache! I'll keep pestering coz it's really quite bad! And when they're bad the actually click and pop when I talk - that is beyond annoying. My Sister says it's horrible and makes her feel a bit sick :eek:

We were going to go the cinema before I go to work today because I'm not in till 5, but Mum really doesn't feel up to it. Her head's very bad and I doubt it's a good idea to sit in a big noisy room :p We'll go next week. Desperately want to see Cuban Fury and the LEGO Movie!! I'm so excited about LEGO ;) :D

Going to make a nice big brunch - totally loving these omelettes! xx
Why don't they listen?!

Haha I'll hold you to that Barbette!! If I could put this much effort in to every assignment then I know I could get an overall distinction. But will just have to see what the time frame is. Got a feeling it could be one or two assignments a week and there's no way I can put up to 10hrs in to each one!
Will try my best though because I know I CAN do it! Just depends whether they let me really. xx

Congratulaaaations!!!!!

That's amAzing! You'll soon be Ms Perfect if you ask me! :D

x

I'll settle for awesome. Who wants to be perfect?! ;)

Mmmm just had an awesome brunch! Held out till almost 3 before I ate, so a nice big fasting chunk - just over 15hrs! So feel good about that. I was bloody starving but my sister was making hers and Mum's dinner for tonight (bolognese), then her lunch, then Mum made her lunch, I was like "COME ON!!!" I don't like sharing the kitchen because it's so small :eek:

Food for the rest of the day will be Quorn lamb with SW chips and mushy peas :D And fruit and yogurt for snack/dessert tonight. Good day I reckon!xx

Wednesday: SW Green Day

Lunch: 2 egg omelette with red onion, mushrooms, red pepper, spinach, and LOTS of cheese (HexA1). Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic salt, oregano, and a few splashes of original Tabasco!
2 free Quorn sausages
Half a tin of beans with cherry tomatoes in
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Fruity brown sauce (1)

Tea: 1 Quorn lamb grill (decided I didn't need 2)
SW chips
Small tin of mushy peas
Handful of watercress
Cheese (half HexA2)
Tomato sauce (1)
1 piece of wholemeal bread (half HexB2)

Snack: Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and the Yeo Valley carrot yogurt (1) One Alpen Light (rest of HexB2) 1tsp of honey (1)
Liverpool-20140212-00507.jpg

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash. Options made with Koko milk (2 + rest of HexA2)

Syns used: 6
Syns saved: 18

Exercise: 4hrs at work.
Quick 10mins dog walking

Last edited:
Oh I feel bad :(
Work was a bit busier tonight, still nothing like it usually is tho. But I worked my ass off trying to get things clean and set up for tomorrow.
I got home and cleaned and fed the bunnies. Have put new bunny Anya in with Ralph now and hoping for the best. They've been living next to each other and mixing for short session, so have bitten the bullet and put them in together. That took me about 20mins.
Came back in and the fence has been blown down - a few panels. So I took the dogs for a short 5min walk each up and down the road. They can just go in to the garden on their flexi's for the rest of the night now. I apologised for the state of the garden as I'd not been able to clean it for a week because the weather's been so bad and I just haven't had it in me to do it.
Got changed and came down to make my tea. There were dry dishes and drying dishes that needed putting away, so did that while I was cooking.
Ended up having a bit of a rant to Mum. Not AT her, but to her. Because I'm sick of coming home every day, no matter what shift I'm on, and clearing up after everyone. Whether it's cups or plates left in the living room, dishes waiting to be washed or put away, hoovering, putting stuff away in the kitchen, sorting washing, etc...
Now I don't mind doing this for Mum at all and as far as I'm concerned she shouldn't have to do any of it - but she does! But when my Sister and her boyfriend are here it's just constant! It's so frustrating to come back from work stressed and then have to do all that. Didn't get my tea till 9:45! Just *deep breath*
I've probably said before, every now and then these things get to me and I have a rant, then I just get on with it. Things will never change so it's pointless really, but it's incredibly frustrating!
Now I feel very guilty, being stressed has set off my anxiety, I'm all tense and my head/ears/neck/shoulders are very sore.... :( Urgh!! Do not need this crap too...

Anyway, had my tea now and watching the new crime drama on Channel 5. Will have my dessert/snack in a bit too :) xx

Oh cheeky, don't feel bad. It really is frustrating when you are the only one clearing up and stuff and you are allowed to have emotions! I'm positive your Mum knows it's not directed at her and that you just needed to vent - too right, too!

I hope you enjoyed your tea and managed to relax a bit infront of the TV. I also hope things look a little better this morning

:bighug:

Put all the mucky stuff in a bucket and leave it for them - seriously. They will soon get the message you are not going to do the clearing up for them especially when they don't have a clean cup. Just do yours and your Mums and tell her not to do theirs.
When he lived at home my son drove me mad with his washing - where is my clean shirt etc until one day I said - wherever you took it off - he soon learned where the washing machine lived.

Hope you enjoyed channel 5 - wish I could watch it. :)

Hey guys!
I really can't do that Systema. My Mum would never leave it and we have a tiny kitchen. It'll be a shock for them when they get their house!! I do feel bad for my Sister because she has to do it all because he just doesn't. I just don't think it's on his "radar" as at home they have always had cleaners and stuff. But, if I was staying in someone's house I'd be cleaning up after myself.
It's a constant thing that comes up all the time. It's just frustrating with work now as well because I can't physically cope with it. I don't think they quite understand what's going on with me either, even though they bloody well should!

They should be in their own house before summer anyway. It's almost ready to complete and then they're going to get all the work done on it before they move in.
I'm ok now :) I blow up like this every so often ;)

I feel awful today. Think it's coz I let the stress get to me last night. Cupcake Katie is right that even emotional stuff has a horrible physical effect. I actually feel quite nauseous today and really, really painful. My head's killing me as well so will try and drink lots of water to help.

Fast day today and held off eating till around 2:15pm. Had soup and cheesy crackebread for lunch and going to do a fajita "chicken" type thing later :) Looking forward to it :D

But first, work! Actually, first I'd better check and see if Anya and Ralph have managed not to murder each other over night. Then work....

See you later everyone.xx

Thursday food: 500cal fast day. Not feeling the cutting out caffeine today. Nope!!

Lunch at 2:15pm:
New Covent Garden Skinny Souper Green Soup (108)
2 cheesy Crackerbread (38)
1 Laughing Cow Extra Light (20)
= 166

Tea at 9pm-ish:
2 Quorn fillets (90)
1tsp of Wahaca sauce (10)
100g red & green peppers (26)
40g red onion (16)
3 cherry tomatoes (9)
30g chestnut mushrooms (6)
4 Frylight sprayes (4)
Tabasco (1)
50g Iceberg lettuce (8)
20g watercress (6)
50g cucumber (8)
2tsp Italian dressing (8)
Graze cheesy sombreros salsa fresca (50)
= 242
Liverpool-20140213-00508.jpg

Snack at 11pm:
Small bowl of fruit - 25g strawberries (8)
8 blueberries (7)
6 raspberries (6)
And an Alpen Light (70)
=91

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke (1). Lots of water! Peppermint tea.

Calories used: 500
Calories left: 0 :)

Exercise: 4hrs at work.

Last edited:
So sorry you had such a bad day, I don't think are being realistic with you if you're struggling and it's making you stressed it won't be long before you make yourself ill :(
I totally understand about the house, I let loose every now and again at Ian for the same reason especially when his son is down he leaves rubbish and pots all over the bungalow.
I hope the bunnies are ok :) and work is a little easier for you x x x

Hi cheeky,

How did work go? Hope today was better than yesterday!

How are the rabbits getting on?x

Bunnies haven't killed each other as yet, so that's a good sign. When I checked on them Anya was up in the hutch and Ralph was in the run underneath. Have put the ladder in in case she can't get down, but I have a feeling it's because Ralph's being mean. They'll have to sort it out between themselves now.

Work was ok-ish again. I had a mad busy hour with the emergency phone going constantly and a big influx of emergencies coming through the door. Very odd, it was like they'd just all got off the same bus lol! Before and after that wasn't so bad tho. I did have to sit down for an extra 20mins tho :eek: Just exhausted! But had a coffee and chatted to one of the vets and I felt ok again :)

I saw the dog I wrote that post about the other weekend, Ollie the collie!! I saw him in a kennel and as soon as he saw me his whole body was just vibrating and wagging. I was SO happy to see him :D He's doing pretty well and even put a bit of weight on. We had a very nice reunion! He'd just been bathed so I got ridiculously wet and smelly, but he was worth it. God I love that dog ;)

In a way Barbette I want to make myself ill and be stubborn so I can say "SEE?!" I am definitely going to email the tutor tho when I've re-started :)

I just had THE most epic fast day tea! I made a fajita chicken style thing. I cooked Quorn fillets with Wahaca sauce and some seasoning with red & green peppers, red onion, chestnut mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes. And I did a big bed of iceberg lettuce, watercress, and cucumber with Italian dressing. Had enough calories to have a graze tub of Cheesy Sombrero's and salsa with it too. Proper epic tea! :D
Will post a pic in the food bit :) xx

Back