Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hi! So sorry to read about your chinchilla. Must be something in the air, we lost our last one a rescue 2weeks ago, completely out of the blue. We've had him 9 years and he was a rescue when we got him and his brother. But no idea how old they were or even if they were brothers, Charlie died 5 years ago and quartz became very cage aggressive as soon as we lost Charlie. Sounds like you've had a good few days beyond that, I shall be intrigued to see the results of you experiment. Xxx

I'm sorry about your chinnie too :( I lost Rocco's brother late last year, so was Rocco and his mum Charlie left. And now she's gone!
I lost my newest girl rabbit last year too, in September on my Dad's anniversary - excellent timing!
I mean I've had small animals forever and no know they die suddenly, but just feels like everything that's happened over the last 12months+ is getting too much :(
Ah well it's done now and I'll just have to do the best I can.

I'm intrigued too, but sceptical ;) We shall see!

I was printing out my work for tomorrow and the printer got to the last page and started jamming the paper!! Tried several times but just had to leave it. So annoyed!!
Anyway, I really should try to sleep. In work at 8 again tomorrow!
Night all.xx

Urgh! Don't feel too good today :( Probably got a bit more sleep, but not enough. Feel really fatigued and painful. My face and the back of my head feels like it's going to explode. Feel really nauseous as well.
Work was absolutely crazy! The busiest I've seen it in a while. We ran out of kennels, the ops board was so full we had to carry it on with a piece of paper stuck under it, the consultations were running nearly an hour behind, and it's just been mental!
My mentor wasn't in work, I assume off sick with something pregnancy related. But I doubt we'd have had time to do my talk today considering the work load we had! Frustrating though because I'd emailed her some work to look at and I wanted some exams to look at for next week. But *shrug*
My friend's leant me a really good looking veterinary anatomy and physiology book :D

Got Charlie's ashes back today (that was quick!) in a very sweet little box with her name and a flower etched in to it. Really lovely :)

So bloody tired! Taking Mum to her work to drop off her sick note in a bit and we're going to Asda. I've run out of fresh stuff like fruit, veg, and salad. Thinking a stir fry for my fast day tea :) Hope I get a decent sleep tonight!

Will do my food diary a bit later.xx

Sorry you've had such a rubbishy day :(

It must be frustrating when an ultra-busy day clashes with a fast day.

Do you think you are coming down with something? Or are they symptoms you see regularly?

Hope you're feeling better after your stir-fry x

Sending you huge cuddles think you could do with them. I lost Flynn my collie as you know aged 2 last year and I still get upset now nearly 6 months later so know what you mean. I have to say I am not going to put my self through small pets at least for now, I find loosing them so heart wrenching. I've always been a heart on your sleeve type and love animals so deeply. How are you this evening? Xx

Sorry you've had a hectic/ poo day :( I hope you've managed to get some rest this afternoon and get more sleep tonight.
I'm the same with my pets I blubbered my eyes out when I lost my tarantula years ago and everyone thought I was barmy but you get attached to them x x x

Hey guys!
Still feel like sh*t and in more pain than I have been for a long time. I swear my head/eyes/ears/throat are going to explode at any point. I also had a really horrible Raynauds attack in Asda and the pain in my toes was making me feel so sick :(
I've had no rest this afternoon. I took Mum to her work to drop off her sicknote and someone's birthday presents. Her friend/sort of boss came down to see us but we were stood outside the office freezing to death for at least 20mins.
We did a bit of shopping in the shopping centre and then we went to Asda, were we were for 2hrs!! Mum's obv very slow and unsteady at the moment so it took a very long time. We did stop for a quick coffee though because I felt awful! I drank a litre of water while shopping too.

Sophie this is, I hate to say, 'normal' for me now. What I'm being investigated for - probably ME.

Ah I love my small animals and they're all rescues, so even if I only have them for a few months or years I know they've had a chance and hopefully a good life with me. It is heartbreaking, but I don't think I'd ever be without them. I love keeping rabbits. I don't have anywhere near as many pets as I used to though!
I'll probably sound like a heartless cow, but it's not often I cry any more when a small pet dies. I don't mean any disrespect to them and of course I love them, but I think I have somehow managed to distance myself a little and be a little more 'realistic' - can't think of a better way of saying that. Probably down to work and the probably hundreds of animals I've had to hold while they get put to sleep - I did 3 just today! So yeah :eek:
But I DO feel upset and miss them and genuinely feel sad! Would be different with the dogs! I was a wreck when we had Jack PTS, but he was the first dog I was old enough to understand what was happening and I made the call and assisted and everything. I'll be the same with any dog though, so God help me then!!

Some people are really heartless when you say you're upset about a pet. Obviously they have NO idea! But I've seen and comforted enough people to know that many people feel the way I do :)

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I'm struggling with the fast day a bit today! I think it's the tiredness but also I thought I'd picked a very low cal stir fry for tea but turns out I didn't. In my mind I was having the whole tub, but when I got home and checked it was higher calories than I thought so only allowed myself half :(
I do have some calories left and trying to decide what to use them on :)
Haven't long washed my hair and I need it to dry before I go to bed - when it's curly it has to dry naturally! But I really could do with getting to bed asap. Got another busy day again tomorrow. Luckily not in work though so at least not up at 6:45!!

Will do my food when I've picked my evening snack :)

Thank you for the lovely messages everyone. Y'all managed to make me smile.xx

Last edited:
Tuesday food: 500cal fast day. Most definitely NOT caffeine free today ;)

Lunch:
Tin of Weight Watchers country veg soup (97)
2 Cheese Crispbreads (38)
1 Laughing Cow Extra Light (20)

Tea:
2 Quorn fillets (90)
125g Asda hot & spicy stir fry (113)
20g spinach (6)
20g mushrooms (3)
Half tsp of Sriracha (3)
2tsp of soy sauce (8)
4 Frylight sprays (4)

Snack:
6 Raspberries (6)
Graze Brownie (110)

Drinks: Coffee. Over 1l of water. Peppermint tea. Diet Coke (2)

Calories used: 500 :)

Exercise: Work and shopping.

Hope you can get plenty of sleep tonight and some rest tomorrow.

I have never kept pets but can understand how you feel - my son is the same as you. He is now single and said the other day that the only reason he would want a girlfriend is so she could look after his dog whilst he was at work although he does not have one at the moment - dog or girlfriend. His last one ran out of his house to meet him when his friend saw him coming up the road and opened the door and got run over by a motorbike and he was in bits for weeks and weeks.
He also had 2 guinea pigs until last year when somebody broke into the hutch and pinched both of them :confused:

I made a salad today and there was probably, no definitely more cals on it than you have had all day. What is sriracha ? Got my noodles from Lidl today so a bit of Asian in my food tomorrow - got some Stir-fry spice which are brilliant.

That is awful about your sons dog :( So sad!! Can't even count the amount of RTA's I've dealt with :(
My big dog, Ellie, got "bumped" by a car when she was younger. She had a new head collar and it literally fell apart and she ran back over the road towards a dog. Luckily the car had just come round the corner and was going over a speed bump and just bumped in to her back end. She ended up with a bruise and a tiny cut on her leg!! Lucky!!
Something similar happened to Dave and the car missed him by inches, again over a speed bump! It's such a common accident :(

Haha I'd never be without a dog, or several, so any one I have dated gets told this instantly. And the dog would always be MINE! ;)

You hear of people pinching animals from gardens all the time! It's crazy :confused: All my rabbits are microchipped and they live in the garage! The dogs are chipped too.

Absolutely no chance of rest tomorrow, not at all. But will hopefully be a good day. Just busy!

Hehe well I am on a fast day ;) Normally I don't give a crap about calories of free foods and stuff. But two days a week isn't too much to handle :) I actually feel pretty good now that I've gotten through it and not caved in to anything even though today was really hard.
I even made my Mum's tea - battered fish made in to burgers on cheesy ciabatta with cheese, loads of chips, and mushy peas! God that was tough!! And now she has Hotel Chocolat *covers eyes*

Sriracha is an Asian hot sauce. Garlic and chilli I think! Sriracha

I broke one of my own rules for fasting today. No 'junk'! But I really wanted that Graze brownie and it was so low calorie. Besides, Graze are always banging in about how healthy they are and shiz ;) And I did have some raspberries too :p
A cereal bar or lots of fruit would have been more filling, I know, but I really wanted it lol!

Ah well, I stayed within the calories and feel pretty damn pleased with myself.
Night all.xx

That is awful for your son to loose his dog in such a way and no wonder he's dogless currently. As for stealing guinea pigs I really don't understand why anyone would do it. What a vile world sometimes. People's animals are subject to theft all the time,this I just don't get when animal shelters are putting to sleep such vast amounts of healthy animals on a weekly basis due to not enough homes on offer.

I'm so sorry cheekychinchilla to think of you struggling so badly, I totally empathise and only wish they would hurry up and sort you out, have you seen a neurologist yet? Also you need to be referred to a pain clinic, they have lots of things they can do to support you and can help you find a way to manage better. I couldn't walk last March,even straight legs was impossible, I'm not magically cured, but I can now move short distances,although the stairs kill me.

I wanted to be a vet all my childhood, pts my first pet put me off, I hate doing it, and know I couldn't learn to cope. I wish I wasn't so soft we currently own 11 cats, I just can't turn away any that are unwanted and hubby is just as bad now, he never says no to me.

I'm suffering again tonight, hubby fast asleep me, I'm shattered and yet I can't get to sleep my legs are driving me insane. Hope you get a good night. Catch you after weigh in xxx

At one time your Mum's tea would have been one of my favourites :D

As for the hot chocolate that is what I "spend" my syns on - I don't like tea or coffee and it really is the only hot drink I like. I have one mid afternoon, one after dinner and one later on. When we travel I take loads of Cadbury's Highlights with me in plastic bags. Here in Spain at last I have found some 0% fat and sugar free chocolate drink which made me a happy bunny. I could buy Highlights from Iceland for 60p per one drink sachet but I don't think so. :eek:

That sauce looks good - is from a Chinese supermarket?

Have a good day today.

Just caught up- phew!
I think you've been dealing with work so well- to get such good feedback for your CW on top of that is just fantastic!
Really made me smile to read about your reunion with lovely Ollie :D glad to hear he is doing well!

Why were you embarassed to admit the fast day was hard for you the other day?? They are so much harder than SW and yet we all complain about not being able to stick to SW plenty often ;)
It's really cool that you see them as a detox, wish I could but I seem to get chocolate cravings every time I do one! The coldness thing gets to.me too, I layer up and whack up the thermostat, then complain to G the rest of the week if he puts it up as our old boiler cranks out such a huge bill :p

Just wanted to say re: harvester sundaes that it's just the plain ones that are 14 syns (i.e. Icecream + sauce ones), the oned with exciting bits like brownie will be more. I think they show the calories on tbe menu though so you can most probably just divide by 20 for the syn value. I do love the salad bar- red devil sauce is sooo good! Easy to over do that and rack up syns though :rolleyes:

Fab job on the loss last week- you're on fire, girl! Your recent successes motivate me to do more fast days :D x

Hey everyone!
Busy, busy day! Took Mum out to lunch, after we'd have coffee and watched some snowboarding ;) I woke up feeling very odd and sickly. Had an Activia before we left to help with my tummy.
Today was NOT an on plan day. I repeat, NOT AN ON PLAN DAY lol!! Today was a good old treat day and I actually allowed myself to do some shopping and had nice foods without thinking about it too much and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would hope that y'all think I deserve it as much as I did ;)
We went to the veggie place for lunch and I had my favourite squishy garlic'y cheese on toast with the lovely mixed salads (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, pesto pasta, and wholemeal cous cous with mixed beans) They've just added home made coleslaw as a side and I had that. We forgot to order it and Mum went back to put it on and pay and the lady was like "Don't be daft, you're not paying for that, how long have you been coming here?!" Lovely :D Loads of light salad cream ;)

Then we went for a wander round and I bought myself some bits from Superdrug. Their own brands are getting better and better, which is great because they're cheap and bunny friendly. I got their hot cloth face cleanser (like the expensive Liz Earle one), Mitchum coz it was on offer and it's the only one I trust for work! Palmers super strength hand cream to take to work (I have a horrible contact allergy to a number of things in work and it makes my skin look burnt and cracked!) and some painkillers for my locker stash. Oh and another bag of mini Malteser Bunnies. I cannot walk past those things!!

Then we wandered down to Lush and I bought a medium bottle of their Valentines shower gel, Prince Charming, and it smells beautiful! It's marshmallow root, vanilla, and pomegranate. Very excited to try that! And got the toner I use of theirs too - Breathe of Fresh Air.

We stopped in at Hotel Chocolat, because I have to! And we got the horrible ordeal of having to try two different chocolates and pick the best ;) Didn't buy anything tho, so that was good of me. BUT we do have a tasting club box still un-opened and ordered a very cheap box the other day. We even helped this random woman pick a present for her friend while we were in there lol!

Mum was really flagging by then so we decided to take advantage of the Starbucks offer I'd been emailed last night. It was a buy one get one free on selected drinks. None of my favourites were on their so I settled for a soy Vanilla Spiced hot chocolate. It was gorgeous!!

After that we were nearly out of time but went to find the new cupcake shop I'd seen rave reviews about and we bought a cake each to bring home. I got a chocolate peanut butter pretzel cupcake and Mum got a chocolate Turkish Delight one. They look lovely!!
I saw them on this new site called Independent Liverpool. The site is championing local, independent business and have put together a discount card. It's £10 for the year and the offers are great! So I ordered one. The place me and my friends are going to soon is on the list :D

Had to literally race to the hospital for Mum but the traffic was horrendous! I dropped her at the emergency entrance and went to park. She had a heart echo (like a super snazzy ultrasound) today. I've been having those since I was born, so she knows the drill and was fine about it. She overheard the tech talking to someone and she said that something didn't look right, but they let Mum go so I assume it's nothing too scary or they would have had her see a Dr or something. She does have a heart murmour though and mild angina too.

We went to Costa in the hospital to have a bit of a sit down and a rest really. And to use up some of the parking time!! The smallest amount of parking you can buy is 2hrs :rolleyes: Just black coffee this time!
And then we drove to the cinema to watch Cuban Fury. Which is absolutely fantastic! So much fun and really funny and just a brilliant feel good film. One of the most impressive dance fights I think I have ever seen :p
I might have eaten a bag of Minstrels in there.....

Then home for tea! Coz I needed more food ;) I got some Quorn bargains in Asda yesterday. 2 tubs of Quorn mince and a pack of Pepperoni for 20p each!!! I stuck the mince in the freezer but needed to use the pepperoni soon-ish so made a "chicken & pepperoni" veg packed pasta sauce. It was Quorn fillets cut into strips, pepperoni, shallots, mushrooms, garlic, red & green peppers, courgette, cherry tomatoes, spinach, and chopped tomatoes. Gorgeous!!
Had one portion with linguini and salad and have a portion for the freezer and one for work on Sat :)

And now I'm going to have my cupcake :hide:

So yeah, totally not an on plan day. But it was awesome ;)

I doubt very very much I will get a loss this week or even manage a sts. I've had today off plan, going to my friends for tea tomorrow and they're doing pizza, and then it's my ex's birthday on Sat and I'm dropping in after work to see everyone and we're getting a takeaway!! But on plan the rest of the time and will do a fast day on Friday too. But I will be very lucky to even get a sts!! But, these things happen!

Quick replies:

Louby: Not been referred to a neurologist. Waiting for a referral to an ME/CFS clinic so they can help me out. Also waiting for endochrine to give me my bloody results to see if I have an insulinoma!
Oh no, I couldn't be a vet. I did want to be a nurse but I started to have doubts and now that I'm sure I wont be able to work full time it seems pointless to put myself through such intensive and stressful training for something I may not even be able to do long term :(

Systema: Mum had Hotel Chocolat chocs, not hot chocolate. Can't believe how expensive an Options/Highlights would be for you!!
That meal I made Mum was absolute torture! I still occasionally crave fish and birdies and yesterday was haaaaard! Mmmm cheesy fish burgers lol! I miss fish finger butties! Quorn fish fingers are a bit lame.

Tetris!! :D We'll see how well the coursework goes. I emailed my tutor to let her know what was going on and got a nice reply today. She seems like she'd be good to talk to. She wants to call me but I hate phone calls :eek: Will have to speak to her for a bit tho.
I was SO happy to see Ollie. And he pee'd with happiness, so I'll take that as a compliment ;)

I was embarrassed about the fast day being hard because I'm always banging on about how much I enjoy them and how easy I find them. But yesterday was a b*stard! Got thru it though and felt really good about it too :) I haven't had the super cold thing for the last two fast days. I wonder if it's coz I'd been in work and it's hotter than the bloody sun in there at the moment. We don't have heating at home, so no messing with the thermostat for me ;)
Moving my next one to Friday because I'm going to Tim & Caz's for tea tomorrow.

Haha I assumed the plainer ice creams were the lower ones. Tbh I wasn't overly impressed with the 'fancy' one anyway!

LOL you'll be taking that "on fire" comment back when I put on about half a stone this week :p But thank you matey.xx

Last edited:
Gosh I'm knackered reading that, what a busy day, going to slimming world and tescoland killed me and I had to use my wheelchair all day today,my legs are agony, my hands not much better. I'm glad you are referred to a ME clinic. They will have neurologists etc to help, I have no idea on waiting targets any more. When I worked in social care I knew all the legal target times they had to see you in, seems like that part of me has been errased from my memory. I tell you what though you had a great day today!! I was thinking about the work situation for you the other day, and at this time I'd expect it to be too much for you, hold hope though as Adam now works full time, it's took years but it can happen. I know for some it doesn't. I just hope yours does go into remission. I'm on my doubled morphine and he's going to put my hand and leg braces on so I may try sleep. Catch you all tomorrow. Xxx

Ah well, you had a great yummy day, any gain will be off next week most probably! My cousin who does 5:2 pigs out on the up days and always loses half a pound!
Fast days arent fun, you are a nut job for enjoying them usually LOL!
Stop talking about cupcakes before I cry ;) they are my ultimate vice! Just before starting SW I learnt how to make butter icing and bought a kit so I could decorate them really nicely- needless to say, a lot got consumed! I do treat myself to them occasionally now :D especially as at the stalls that sell them they have mimi ones which are a bit less guilty ;)
I lol'd at Oli's "compliment" LOL. X

Hey!
I'm knackered too lol. Mum did really well and only really struggled towards the end and kept going wonky and a bit "limp". Very slow going though and I had to keep linking her arm to help steer her and stop her stumbling over. People are so f*cking rude though and kept pushing in to her or getting right in the way so I had to let go of her!! So inconsiderate!
I don't know how you cope in a wheelchair out in the "open"! We hired a wheelchair a couple of times for getting round the zoo when Mum was very very bad and first coping with illnesses. My God people are horrible!! They just walk straight in to you, stand in your way, hit you with bags! One time this woman had a cigarette literally in my Mum's face flicking ash!!! :mad:
I think I'm just really observant of other people - comes with my home "job" as well as my actual job! But I am very aware of people and what they're doing and can almost guess what they're going to do. Good job really!!

I saw a consultant in Dec and he was referring me to an ME/CFS clinic. Still not heard anything....
Even if my own illness gives me a break and gets easier to cope with (I bloody hope so!) I know Mum's wont and I want to be here for her and not have to get a carer or something. So I think I'm pretty much settled that I wont be able to work full time now. I'm not sure I could cope with the nurse training anyway! But I will do further training. I would love to pursue canine behaviour more and gain some qualifications and I would also like to get actual qualifications in exotic veterinary care - particularly rabbits. And I would really like to do a bit more of my degree too with The OU. So I do have plenty of things I can do and further my career and stuff. But I do think I've come to the realisation that full time will probably be impossible. I'm ok with that. Worried about future financial stuff, but I'll do the best I can and future Kelly can deal with that ;)

Enjoy the morphine as best you can :) Really hope you start to feel a little better and less painful soon!

Hey Tetris!
I'm not too bothered about a potential gain or sts. These weeks happen don't they and I know how to lessen the damage and how to fix it. Even a half pound off would be good tho ;) But I've done so well the last few weeks I can't complain. Would be nice to be able to actually update my stats soon. I must have lost around half a stone now but because I was stubborn and didn't put on the gain I can't take off the losses lol!
I wore the fox jumper today my Mum got me for Christmas. Right after Christmas it was a teeny bit "close" fitting on my muffin top, but by my birthday meal I had to wear my waist nipper with it :eek: Today it fir better than it did at Christmas :D

I started baking about 6 months before starting SW. Me and my Sis made awesome cupcakes!! My cake/dessert downfall is the likes of Tiffin! But I love it all ;)

Haha nothing like a dog peeing in excitement! ;) My friends new puppy did that too lol!

Right, going to bed to read. Finished the Goldfinch last night, which is an incredible book! Need to pick something new now. Got a load on my Nexus to choose from. Might go post-apocalyptic ;)
Nighty night all. Muchos love.xx

My kind of day (except for the hospital bit) you really have to have days like that or life would not be worth living. :)

Cupcakes are not my thing - give me a sausage roll any day but any kind of treat is great.

Nice when your clothes start to fit you better, I go by those more than the scales.

What a busy, busy day but it sounds like an almost perfect day :D Both you and your mum did well to get through everything. If you can't enjoy a little of what you like every now and again life wouldn't be worth living lol.
I know what you mean about wheelchairs, when Ian's in his when we're out and about people just "get" in the way, they just don't consider what they're doing, just stand in the middle of the pavement so you have to wait while they decide to move. Or they'll see you struggling with the chair as you're going through a chair and just shut the door in his face. Or Ian getting bags swung in his face :(
When Tia was a puppy she used to get mega excited when my eldest would come down, she would jump up at him and pee on him :eek: she loved him so much and wouldn't leave him alone.
A massive well done for the NSV with the jumper :D I'm sure even with your day off plan you'll have a good week x x x

I feel horrible today. My head and ears are really fuzzy and painful and really heavy :( I didn't get out of bed till just after 2pm!! I slept a fair bit but had loads of really busy dreams.
Going to my friends a bit later than I thought before she forgot she has to pick Tim up from work lol. They're still getting used to the new routine now that Caz can drive. They really could do with 2 cars but I don't think they could afford another just yet.

Ah Barbette if it was just one day off plan I wouldn't be bothered. But I had Sunday off, yesterday off, going for pizza at Tim & Caz's tonight, takeaway at Martin's on Saturday night, and I've bought myself some wine to celebrate getting through another working weekend on Sunday. I *might* put off the wine, but we'll see. But yeah, weeks like this will happen and that's just the way it is.
At least I know I've been getting good results with SW and fasting so not too worried :)

I don't feel like I have the energy or tolerance for anything today. But really need to clean and feed the bunnies, and also get a shower before I go out. Really needed to do some coursework but I'm not sure I have it in me today. Maybe do an hour later. If not I'll have to do some tomorrow and Monday!

Made myself my lovely veg packed omelette veggie breaky for lunch :) xx

Back