Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Cheeky, you are an inspiration! Totally respect your ability to get on and deal with things!

Well done for all the brilliant work you've been submitting! It must be really motivating to see your hard work paying off!

Love that you have a face mask on! Total pampering! Hope you have a lovely evening with your Mum x

Aww thank you Miss Sophie :eek: I think (moaning aside) I've had so much happen in my life that it got to the point where I thought "Well this is it and I can either try and cope with things or go back to the black hole of depression I was in for 7 years" And I chose to friggin' well get on with it lol! It is really lovely to think that you consider me to be inspiring :eek: :)

Well my mentor thinks my work is good, lets see what the tutor thinks lol. But passes will do! Yes I will b*tch about it if I "just" get passes, but it's all I need :) It's kind of annoying that the exams and practicals can only achieve a pass tho.
It's quite good to think that I can still do this stuff and I'm not as useless as I feel at the moment. I mean I'm hardly super clever, but I'm not daft either. I sucked a bit at school and only got average GCSE results, but I was bullied and spent virtually no time actually in school. But my higher education stuff has all been towards the higher end of grades, usually distinction level. I just hope that all the stuff going on doesn't bring my grades down too far or stop me from studying in the future. You know, a proper course, not this terrible one ;)

Hehe I did indeed have a face mask on. The lovely blue corn one from the Body Shop I treated myself to the other week. The first time I used it my Mum asked if I was wearing foundation and my Sister said I looked definitely less dead LOL! So it's obv good for my skin :) Anything to make me look less dead ;)
I have de-fuzzed, done a face mask, used a lovely Lush jelly (Jilted Elf) that has vodka in lol, and cleaned up and "debrided" the cold sore I have in my nose. Euw! I HATE that I get cold sores in my nose. This one isn't a particularly bad one tho. But it looked all nice and clean, I turned away to get something and when I went back to the mirror I had blood running down my face!! The actually cut/scabby bit is tiny! Bloody skin wounds, honestly, they're so dramatic!

Just going to "fix" this piece of work and then I'm done for the day. She doesn't want the first aid case till next Tuesday now, so I can space it out a bit. Will try and get as much done as possible so I can have the weekend off :) xx

Last edited:
Tuesday food: SW Green Day

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Half a tin of spaghetti
Cheesy scrambled eggs with shallot, mushroom, and red pepper (HexA1)
Herby crispy potatoes (haven't had these in ages!)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

At the cinema:
LOTS of Yeo Valley carrot yogurt (2) with banana, blueberries, and kiwi. 1tsp of maple syrup (0.5)

Tea: 6 Quorn nuggets (3)
Low fat Supernoodles
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Steamed broccoli and a veg bag - carrots, peas, and sweetcorn - with a bit of soy sauce
1 slice of wholemeal bread (half HexB2)
1/2tbsp of bbq sauce (0.5)

Snack: 1 Alpen Light (rest of HexB2)
1 Hotel Chocolat (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: 10
Syns saved: 12.5

Exercise: Short walk with Mum and the dogs. We risked losing my temper and Ellie killing me to go together ;) Luckily no one else was around. 15mins/0.6miles http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/492931131

Last edited:
Do you do the ice pack for cold sores? If you don't know about it - as soon as you get the "tingle" but an ice pack on it for as long as you can bear it - usually 10mins. Yes it can be difficult in your nose but I buy the small gel pack and freeze them. My OH gets them on his lip and corner of his nose so flatten one corner of the pack so you can just get a small area. It does work in stopping them.

Cheeky, you are an inspiration! Totally respect your ability to get on and deal with things! Well done for all the brilliant work you've been submitting! It must be really motivating to see your hard work paying off! x

Hear, hear! (Well said Sophie)

I don't get as many wind issues as I used too. They were partly due to TOTM and partly due to the way I used to guzzle crisps and sweets etc. My theory was that I used to swallow a lot of air - not sure if right though!

Hope you've had a lovely evening.

I've never tried putting ice on my cold sores systema. I do sometimes get them on my lip, but usually they're in my nose. Some of them are absolutely MASSIVE! But this one isn't too bad. Still looks like I've taken a razor to my nose tho :rolleyes: Will try that next time tho! Mine are very annoying and usually happen overnight and I don't get the tingles till stupid o'clock in the morning or I miss them.

Thank you Patty :eek:
I do suffer from the veggie farts. Honestly, a healthy veggie stinks ;) But it's only been the last year I have had gastric "distress". Fits in perfectly time wise with possible M.E and also the stupid gall stones they found. Awesome.... Gulping air will definitely cause wind and bloating, particularly burping!

Me and Mum went to see The Monuments Men. I really enjoyed it :D Quite a few laughs even though it was surprisingly serious and had a few sad bits. Great to see such a decent collection of actors and the film actually work well!
I had my healthy fruit & yogurt pot and turned down sweeties/chocolate from the Mothership and was dead good. Had a black coffee too :)

When we got home we took the dogs for a quick walk. Against my judgement we walked them together. Long story to do with behaviour and shiz, but they do not go well together on a walk. But seen as it was dark and unlikely to bump in to anyone else with a doggy we risked it. Was good actually! They were rather well behaved and only a few lead-tangle situations. Was nice! Bit bloody chilly though. Kicked off my Raynauds, but, whatever :p

Just watching an ep of Castle with a de-caffe and my snacks :) Lovely. Up for work tomorrow and in for 9. Wed is my short day so 9-12 tomorry. xx

Ha ha ha ha the computers at work need breaking so we can have new ones, they still have slots for floppy discs :eek:
Well done on your course work again :D I'm glad you're getting ahead won't be as pressured when you have your official restart. I'm sure all the hard work you put in will give you great marks :)
I'm glad you had a good night and well done on resisting the naughty sweets and chocolates :bliss:
I could never take Sam and Tia out together, firstly they would get in a tangle within minutes of going out secondly, Tia when then decide to play fight with Sam and we'd all get in a tangle and if they saw something they were off dragging me with them lol. We took Tia to puppy training but she was a little tike when it came to walking, she needs to run around. You did well to get back in one piece ha ha ha ha ha. x x x

Floppy disc slots?! Wow!! That is pretty old lol! And surprising for such a posh looking hotel group too.

I re-started the course on the 17th :) Or at least I think it was then. But my mentor was off work sick all week so we couldn't get anything done. I can't send work without her ok'ing it and submitting her notes and stuff. Very frustrating! But at least it's all on its way. I'm just waiting for the college tutor to ok me sending my work now.

My two dogs are complete opposites when it comes to walking and meeting other dogs. Basically Dave is a typical terrier and can be a bit of a b*stard on-lead, but is amazing off-lead. But can't be trusted off-lead anywhere near a road! Ellie is just an absolute mental case! I have walked them up the road and back together by myself, but it's a bit of an extreme sport! Not too bad if someone's with me because I can take Ellie away from a situation. Anyway, it would take me forever to explain all my dogs "things" lol!xx

Hi Katie looks like we are all in the smelly bloated and constipation corner, my husband has told me if I fart like that near him again he's sleeping on the sofa, it's pretty evil I admit, but what can one do when your bod forgets how to poo??

I've got a condition called CRPS it's as a result of a young boy racer smashing into the rear of my car at speed whilst I was sat at a junction. It's a neurological and physical condition that lies to its self in the early days but mine was left untreated and then wrongly treated which caused it to spread to my whole body, it's like having MS,ME,Parkinson's and my body is in constant pain, and attacks it self so withdrawing nutrients from bones tissue etc, I now have twisted feet and leg and hands and arm, plus a whole host of sensory issues. It's difficult to explain as even now nearly 4 years on I still can't believe my body can do this. There's links etc on my diary link below. Xx

Hello everyone! How are you tonight?

I've completely lost my train of thought, cheekychinchilla you're doing great with the work you've done, you have such a lot on your plate you do need to recognise what your achieving at home,work and coursework wise takes a lot of effort in many ways, when you add in your own health, you really do need to be kinder to your self and should be proud. But if you should find a foolproof remedy for broken bottoms, I would be eternally grateful, and my hubby may return to bed to sleep. Luckily for me the dog sleeps on my bed because I'm well and truly in the dog house, he says it smells like a rotting rat!!! How rude!!! Got a big day tomorrow so going to try sleep, catch you all later tomorrow and good luck Wednesday weighers. Xx

So cool that you are getting all this great feedback for your coursework :D yo go girl! And yes, YOU, not 'we', damn I hate when people use 'we' when the credit should be yours! G sometimes goes "we havent cooked [meal] in ages!" and I'm like "dude, when do you EVER cook? Is this a f*cking hint or what you passing agressive douche bag?!" slighhhht overraeaction but still ;)

Great that you are walking the dogs.frequently now :D that map my walk looks great, inspired by your us of it I got map my run for the jog I attempted and it was really cool to see all the stats! I'll get map my walk too and maybe it'll motivate me to walk more. Do you think the calories burnt are accurate?
X

I know mate, but like you, it's my life and what I have to do. There's nothing I can "get out" of or not do. It's rubbish and I knew I would crash, but I have to just carry on the best I can don't I?
I stayed in bed till past 2:30 and have text my boss to say I will be off tomorrow too. I don't trust myself to be able to go in and do my job properly. Seems pointless to go in to be sent home again. Hopefully a decent night and a day at home tomorrow will help. I'm determined to go in on Friday tho!
I don't even know if I get sick pay now. When I was on my phased return I had to use holiday for my hospital stay or I wouldn't get paid. Don't know if that is just because it was during the phased return tho.

I haven't eaten yet today either. I know I had a fast day planned, but I really haven't felt like eating. Really nauseous and feel horrible :( I am going to make something to eat soon but still stick to a fast day meal. I might as well take advantage of it really!

Hahahaha I don't like the use of "we" either! Really annoys me!! My mentor wont do work outside of working hours and will only really do stuff on a Tuesday. Yet I'm expected to do work in every spare waking moment?! :mad:
Had an amazing chat with my tutor today. She called me and I missed it - my phone is always silent! And I got passed my phone call anxiety and called her back. It was supposed to be 5mins but we chatted for about 25mins! She's really nice and she gave me some hints and tips for coursework - it really doesn't need to be all out detail! Esp the first aid ones, she said they can be very basic and not to worry about them :rolleyes: She also said I can even use the same case to do different case studies - say we have an animal that needs surgery, but also needs to be on fluids, and even bleeds from the wound after. That's surgical, IVFT (fluids), and first aid! So we don't need separate things for everything :rolleyes: I could even use a medical case that also needs fluids. FFS! It's like my work have been trying to make things difficult on bloody purpose!
I also can have more than one mentor :eek: She's concerned that I wont get much time or attention from my mentor as she has another student and is now pregnant. But apparently we can have several mentors and these can be qualified VCA's or nurses. Well FFS! It would help to have my friend Marie as a mentor as we work together every weekend. And it would be nice to have a VCA mentor to do our level stuff with and not have the know-it-all nurse making me do more than I need!
So yeah, she seems nice and supportive. She said see how it goes for a month and she'll call me again the beginning of April. But she said to call or email any time I need help or advice or anything. She also said I CAN access the exams without my mentor or anyone giving me them. SO I can study for maybe one of them a week and get them out of the way quite quickly. Think there's 4 or 5 in the 2nd section (clinical) and a good few in section 3 (boooooooring reception/cerical/Health&Safety) ;)
Think I am most definitely on a roll!!
And I know I'm off work tomorrow sick but I will attempt to do some work. Some more of this written assignment and then maybe study towards an exam and get my boss to let me do it on Monday :)
Feel so much better having spoken to the tutor and much more in control too.

Right, food coz I actually do feel a bit hungry now.xx

Wednesday Food: 500cal fast day

No lunch or breakfast. Didn't feel like eating.

Tea: 2 Quorn fillets (90)
30g red onion (12)
90g red & green peppers (23)
30g spinach (9)
3 cherry tomatoes (9)
4 Frylight squirts (4)
1tsp of Wahaca sauce (10)
Crunchy Romain (9)
50g cucumber (8)
Beetroot (26)
2tsp Italian dressing (8)
Wholemeal pitta bread with an extra light laughing cow triangle (160)
= 368

Snack: 25g The Good Grain Puffed Wheat (95)
2tsp of maple syrup (20)
50ml Koko milk (13.5)
=128.5

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke (1) Teapigs Tummy Tonic peppermint tea.

Calories used: 497.5

Last edited:
Oh dear - clearly hasn't been a good day for you health wise. I think you're wise to take tomorrow off as trying to go back too early would probably lead to more time off.

Your tutor sounds brilliant! It's great that she took the time you explain what you (not 'we'!) need to do and it sounds as though she's simplified things for you too in saying you can use the same case for more than one study. It's lovely to be able to 'appoint' a friend as a mentor and reassuring in case of pregnancy related issues with the current mentor.

Food for day sounds good as always. Well done on turning a rotten day to your advantage by making it a fast day.

Take care and I hope you feel less poorly tomorrow.

Hi Patty!

Not a good day at all. I haven't had a day where pain, nausea, dizziness/light headed, sweating, weakness, etc has all hit me at once! I would blame it on not getting much sleep but I often go to work on very few hours. I don't know what's happened, but it has. I feel awful about missing work, but at least with me doing half days I'm not missing out on too much, if that makes sense? My old work patter was 2.5 days a week so if I missed a full day I'd be down 7.5hrs, but if you count today and tomorrow off I'm only down 7 for both days. Still feel bad though :(
It does make me think that I was right in saying that 2 days off after a weekend isn't enough and the 2 before and 3 after was a better fit. Would be great if we could make this permanent!

I'm tutor's actually made me feel so much better and more relaxed. But at the same time I want to do it!! I've just gone through this HUGE document looking for the exams. There's a couple I can't copy and paste in to a document because they have pictures :rolleyes: But I've got 3 copied in to word documents I can look at. But I will ask my mentor on Friday if I can have copies of all the exams. Then I can study for one or two a week and get them done alongside other stuff.
I have a few issues with my current mentor, as I'm sure everyone has noticed, lol. But it would have sense to have people helping out the times my mentor isn't in or is busy. It just makes sense!! I think I will definitely text my nurse friend who works weekends and see if she would be willing to do this if I ask about it. Think it would really help! But obv don't want to volunteer her lol! She is always saying if we need help we can go to her. I'm much more relaxed with her too and she's a fantastic nurse, but just not little miss OCD "everything must be perfect" :rolleyes:

I'm pleased I've made today a fast day. Now I've eaten I feel a bit munchy, but have over 100cals left to play with :)

Tomorrow will be a pyjama day! I'll need to feed and clean the bunnies but that's all I HAVE to do. So will try and get some work done and maybe short walk the dogs if I feel up to it and if the weather's nice. Will just do what I feel like doing :) xx

Hi Cheeky, don't worry about missing work! At the end of the day you are only human and it's any employers responsibility to make sure they have mechanisms in place for it not to cause an issue. I understand that it's stressful from a financial point of view but, as Patty says, a couple of days off now may save you weeks off in the long run!

Well done for the fast day (it still amazes me you are able to do those!)

Hope you have a nice relaxing day tomorrow! Don't push yourself too hard!!

x

Hey Sophie :)

It just worries me with only just finishing my phased return after being off for almost 8 months!! I don't want them to have any reason to get rid of me - I know they would have to come up with something a bit better than 2 days off sick. But this job means SO much to me I can't bear the thought of losing it :( :eek:
But yes, 7hrs off is hardly the end of the world and I was on a regular shift, no out of hours time, so easy to cover.

Today's fast day has been easier with not wanting to eat till way after 5pm!

I'll just do what I can tomorrow :)

Watching Ghostbusters now as a tribute to Harold Ramis :( I do watch this several times a year tho!!x

Sorry you've been feeling so rough babe :( sounds awful to have all those symptoms at once. Great that you have made it a productive food day though, bet it feels good to have something under control even if work when tits up! Nice PJ day tomorrow sounds in dire need!
Cool that you got past your phone fears and had such a great chat! Great info to have too, do you feel a bit less stressed knowing that about cw now? Having another mentor would be good, eh?! X

Back