Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I think a lot of illnesses DO have the same or very similar symptoms. Must be an absolute nightmare for DR's running diagnostics! Esp stuff like ME and fibro that don't really have specific tests or pain markers and stuff. I do sympathise, but if I were a dog I wouldn't have had to wait a year for diagnosis! Even at my work which is basically an animal NHS ;)
Xx

Took 21/2 years to be diagnosed, until then it was a damaged nerve, sadly it was the insurance treating me and the delay followed by them injecting steroids into where it was they made it spread further and quicker than normal. Xx

Hi Kelly,

Hope you managed to get some sleep and are more refreshed and ready for your two days away.

It's amazing how similar our ME/CFS symptoms are - the lightheadedness really is just like being doped up, or having had far too many vinos! I also experience the slow-motion effect and not being able to get my words out correctly.

It's good to know that ME/CFS research is getting funded in the UK and awareness is being promoted. Here in NZ there's another name for it - Tapanui Flu - named after a town in the South Island of NZ when a number of people from that town experienced 'debilitating fatigue' back in the 1980s. Maybe we should tell people that we have Tapanui Flu instead of CFS ...... we might get more understanding when they hear the word 'flu' !!! :character00264: :D

Well done you for losing another Kg - that's just awesome!!

Have a fantastic time away, and I'll look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Take care,

H xx

1394084416352.jpg

Hey Cheeky, hope you're feeling ok today xx

Hello lovely ladies :D

What a couple of days!! I'm exhausted, but had a great time. Might (definitely) have spent too much money - the bloody car didn't help! One of my headlights stopped working last night :rolleyes: So this morning, before we decided what to do we went to Halfords to see if they could help. This fantastic lady fitted me some new bulbs. The left-hand side light AND dipped light had gone - ffs! I decided to have both sides changed, so 2 side lights and 2 dipped, and including fitting was £41. Seems pretty good to me?
But, anyway, the girl was fantastic! And then Mum decided to buy the windscreen wipers she kept promising me, so we had them fitted too! So the car got a bit of a make-over! The choice was get home before it went dark and call my own garage. Or get it sorted so we could have our day out and not worry about time. So, yeah....

I DID actually treat myself to 2 things!! I know! Tetris will be shocked ;) I saw a hoody with paw prints and "Crazy Dog Lady" on the front and the hood and pockets are fleece lined with paw prints on too :D And just as we were about to leave I spotted the Joules stand and everything was about half rrp! I saw a blue and white striped zip-up hoody (like my Fat Face one, but more a summer one) and I just couldn't leave it. It's a size 12 and fits ;) The other jumper is a medium, but they didn't have any smalls!

Anyway, I'm exhausted and absolutely aching all over. We had a brilliant time, but I am totally knackered. Will try and do a "quick" update tomorrow and might even put up some pics ;)

Thanks for all the posts while I've been away! Can't believe so many in one night!!xx

Hey guys!
Well my going to bed last night was postponed by having to look after a VERY drunk sister! It's been a long time since I've had to do that. Her excuse was that her fiance is away and it's all his fault ;)
Probably fell asleep some time after 3. Once I'd sorted her out (it took a while!) and got her to bed I stayed awake listening out for her for a bit. Silly thing!

Didn't get up till about 1:30 today. I well could have stayed in bed ALL day! I was so painful, esp my back, hips, and legs. Probably all the walking and the driving. We did end up in some bad traffic and it doesn't half mess with your knees and ankles doesn't it? Surprised I don't have "Drivers elbow" and "Clutch Ankle" ;)
Didn't do too much today, just sorted out the bunnies, de-poo'd the garden, and did some revising. Most of the definitions I need to learn aren't in the course notes. I know by now that I shouldn't be surprised, but it really p*sses me off!!! :mad:
We had a nice tea and watched Thor 2. And I've got Scott Pilgrim on now while I do my interweb updates - FB, here, Trip Advisor. I'll put a few of my pics on here, but they're all on FB :)

Meals today have been spot on SW. BUT there has been a rather large quantity of chocolate. Tomorrow will prob be the same. Getting rid of treats leftover from the trip ;)
But back on plan Monday for sure and two fast days next week! xx

Photies!

The hotel we stayed in - The Rose and Crown Hotel in Lickey Hills

Bromsgrove-20140307-00552.jpg

Me and The Mothership
Bromsgrove-20140307-00554.jpg

Me and The Wife
Bromsgrove-20140307-00556.jpg

Happy collie!
P1030571.jpg

Beautiful Sheltie (Shetland sheepdog)
P1030578.jpg

Keeshond. Look at that face!!
P1030582.jpg

One day I will own one of these. Or several! Irish Wolfhound's are my ultimate dog!
P1030592.jpg

Red panda at Birmingham Nature Centre
P1030624.jpg

Gorgeous garter snakes. Love the colours!
P1030617.jpg
Mum and the ducks at Stafford services
Stafford-20140307-00564.jpg

And a rather handsome Mr Duck at the services. Cheeky too ;)
Stafford-20140307-00565.jpg

Quick "what we did"

The drive to the NEC was pretty good - even if I say so myself. Not much traffic or anything, even where there were roadworks. Timed it well missing rush hour I reckon.
We stopped at services after getting past Manchester and I got my coffee and porridge :D

Once we got to the NEC and parked we had a short walk to the halls. Then it was DOGGIES!! Oh my I spent a lot of money lol. But it was really great! We got round three halls before we stopped for lunch - I made us all quick butties in the morning and Mum brought a big bag of snacks. Then we finished off Discover Dogs and the last two halls. We grabbed a coffee and cake from Starbucks and then headed to the arena. Timed it perfectly to see some agility finals and then a heelwork to music performance - one that had won this morning. Gutted we missed the Flyball, because it's my favourite event, but it's not like I haven't seen it before ;) Hopefully next year! Agility is always fun and I know a lot of people think the heelwork to music is silly, but from a training perspective it's quite a feat to work with your dog like that!
I do like spending time in the arena, but better if you go over two days so you can plan the time a bit better.
We did another walk round and picked up the shopping we'd left till later. If you have an expensive item you want it's best to tour the halls and stands first and then go back - check the prices!! The bowl I got for Ellie was £3 cheaper at the stall I bought it from ;)
For Ellie I got 3 things from the doggy bakery (strawberry heart scone, chicken dinner muffin, and venison twist) This place (Daisy's Dog Deli) is amazing and we also buy stuff. Usually because we forgot Ellie's birthday and promise her a cake - surprisingly enough this happened this year too. Lucky her birthday is always the week of Crufts ;) I also got her a bowl that will stop her from gulping her food, it has moulded bits in it that she has to eat around! She's been struggling with keeping food down as she's been getting older and the problem is that she gulps her food and takes in a lot of air, this should stop that from happening. She really could do with a food bowl stand but our kitchen is so small :eek: Got both doggies lots of treats and we got a bouncy Kong and a rope toy for them to share. Ellie's not that bothered with toys now, but will have a go occasionally.
I got Dave a new harness (one recommended by the Tellington Touch people) and Mum bought him a coat. It's a 2-in-1 so you can take the fleece inner layer out in the summer and just leave the waterproof bit on :)
I bought myself the two hoodies and also a hare keyring from Joules too.

After we'd exhausted ourselves we drove to the hotel. Bit of a nightmare drive as I missed the exit at the big roundabout coming out of the NEC and the sat nav had to redirect us. We ended up at the most confusing roundabout I have ever been on (I suck at big roundabouts anyway!) and took a couple of detours and ended up going round it at least 3 times :eek: :rolleyes:
We did eventually get to the hotel and it was gorgeous! Definitely a bargain find and we had such a lovely stay! We missed the local pubs for food and the Chinese restaurant was odd. It was a buffet, but not one you got up to, but order what you want off the menu. They weren't impressed at me being veggie and there wasn't much choice and no official veggie options, so we decided to leave. I felt SO embarassed!
We had a quick drive round but couldn't find anywhere - and at this point we'd realised one of my headlights was out, so I really didn't want to drive too far in the dark and risk being pulled over by the police. So we went to the chippy and pizza place lol! We smuggled pizza's and chippy stuff back to the hotel and chilled out in Michelle's room coz she got the biggest one. I got the smallest and I booked it :eek: Lol!
But you couldn't complain about any of the rooms, they really were lovely!
Late night watching tv, chatting, and Michelle going over my exams with me.
I got up for breakfast with Mum but Michelle didn't make it lol. I just had scrambled eggs, sausages, and toast. Didn't feel like anything else! Bit too full from the pizza ;)
When we checked out we had a quick walk round a bit of the park and found the ducks ;) Then we went to Halfords to sort my light and wipers.
And then we picked to go to Birmingham Nature Centre, which is basically a little zoo just a few mins away from the city centre! It was so good! Cost us £5.50 each to get in, but it was really nice. I was so impressed with the variety of animals, their enclosures, the layout, everything. Was a nice little find and we spent at least 3hrs there! I put my walking app on but forgot to turn it off when we left, so it tracked me driving lol! Shame coz it would have been fun to see how far we walked. Never mind. Didn't realise but had to drive right through and under the city centre to get to the motorway - I HATE driving in city centres! :rolleyes:
Traffic was crap coming back and loads of roadworks and delays. We stopped at Stafford on the way back for over an hour for coffee and a snack.
We carried on and stopped at the Ikea which is close to home. We had a wander round and then had our tea. Think we eventually got home about 9:30, after dropping Michelle off. I was absolutely exhausted! Well, we all were to be fair! But we had such a good couple of days. Felt like longer tho!! Paying for it now, but at least we had fun :)

Film's about to finish so I'll be heading to bed soon.
Cheerio for now.xx

Last edited:
Decided to walk both dogs today. Drove Davey up to the local woods (too much of a walk for me to get up there and round now :eek:). We ended up walking around Childwall Woods then over to the Black Woods, and then back through Childwall lol.
I started getting a bit lightheaded and fuzzy around the 1.5mile point so had to slow down, but other than that and achey joints I was ok. Was just nice to be up there and take our time and not worry about anyone else :)

I came back and got Ellie and we walked to and around Jackson's Park, up on the loopline, and then through the "get stabbed park". I can never remember the name for that one, but that's what we've nick-named it because it's on the other side of the bridge/old railway line lol. Not that we're snobs or anything ;)
I got so warm! Was absolutely sweating by the time I got back and I'd had my summer hoody on too!
Good bit of body magic anyway!
Dave's walk was 50mins and we walked 2.3miles cheekychinchilla's Profile
Ellie's walk was 25mins and we walked 1.4miles cheekychinchilla's Profile

I also got some work back from my tutor. I can't remember if I said, but I got a couple of marked things back on Thursday night too. I got passes on the practical stuff (you can only get passes for some reason!), I got a distinction in my exam, and then a mix of pass, merit, and distinctions for written stuff :D Got 9 things marked I think.
She also emailed me because I left out a copy of some regulations from work to that bloody radiography assignment. She said she should fail me because of it but has said the work is really good and she'll allow me to send it separately asap! *phew* So that should hopefully be another merit or distinction!!

Still studying for the exams I have to take. And I have to do my surgical case study tomorrow! At least I'm getting big chunks of this done eh?! xx

Good to see you had a great time! I hope to get to crufts next year, have missed it the last 3 years and would love to get merlyn qualified to go for either fly ball or agility, you don't see many wheelchair handlers do you? Massive congratulations on all that hard work!! Take a breath and remind yourself that is a huge achievement with all you have going on!!! Xxx

Good to see you had a great time! I hope to get to crufts next year, have missed it the last 3 years and would love to get merlyn qualified to go for either fly ball or agility, you don't see many wheelchair handlers do you? Massive congratulations on all that hard work!! Take a breath and remind yourself that is a huge achievement with all you have going on!!! Xxx

Oh I would love to see wheelchair handlers do agility! I'd love to do agility and fly ball too, but I do wonder if I could now. Something to think about :) At least with fly ball the dog does all the running ;)

If you do make it to Crufts next year it would be lovely to meet you :)

He he I will keep trying to remind myself of that. Maybe once this next big chunk is out of the way.....
Nighty night.xx

Oh I would love to see wheelchair handlers do agility! I'd love to do agility and fly ball too, but I do wonder if I could now. Something to think about :) At least with fly ball the dog does all the running ;)

If you do make it to Crufts next year it would be lovely to meet you :)

He he I will keep trying to remind myself of that. Maybe once this next big chunk is out of the way.....
Nighty night.xx

That would be great! Well I'm considering working hard to do it, my only worry is how I could cope with the condition pain and extreme fatigue, this weekend all I've really done is sleep. Hope you get a good rest tonight xx

Sounds as though you a really good time :) I'm not surprised you were all time you fitted a lot into the 2 days you were away.
A massive well done on your course work :D And that was really good of your tutor to let you do that separately.
You did really well with the doggy walking today as well :) x x x

Oh my - you have been busy! What a wonderful time you've had but I'm sorry you're paying for it now and clearly not helped by your naughty sis! Well done on the kg (even if it doesn't stay 'lost' long following all the Crufts treats) and brilliant about your course work particularly conquering the first-aid presentation this time around.

Hope your first days back at work are not as manic as last week's were.

Urgh last night was awful! I was knackered and actually fell asleep before 11:30 (miracle!) but must have woken up about a bajillionty times and had crazy dreams and was really anxious :rolleyes: So didn't want to get up for work this morning. Literally scraped getting in on time LOL!

My surgical case did not happen and I am so f*cked off! (Excuse me!) One of the vets called in sick so we only had 2 operating, so ops had to be re-assigned. My firnd brought her dog in at 8:30 (she didn't actually start work till 11:30) and I looked after him, did his kennel sheet, etc... In the end it was decided to not do him till the afternoon, which screwed it up for me. My boss said I could stay so I asked would I get the time back, to which she said "No!" If I wanted to stay and get the case then it would have to be in my own time and I should put the effort in because the others had to do a lot of stuff in their own time :mad:
Because I don't spend enough of my own time doing this course? And I shouldn't get paid or be given time back for extra hours? AND I should bloody well get this time set aside for me, that I never have.
So, again, I'm not putting the effort in and being lazy?!
In the end it actually got cancelled so I didn't stay. BUT besides the point.

I'm SO angry!!! Sick of this attitude! Also, we're on emergency ops tomorrow as we only have one vet operating. So unless something exciting comes in I wont have a case tomorrow either! :rolleyes: I could obviously get one at the weekend, but I'm already looking for a medical and fluid therapy case study at the weekend as well as a first aid case. I could do it, but I don't want to bombard myself with stuff coz I know I'll end up getting it confused. Might have to leave the surgical and radiography cases for another week/weekend. Still annoyed tho.
Maybe, as awful as this sounds, we all cross our fingers & toes for me to get a good surgical case tomorrow ;) But I am also doing at least one exam tomorrow....

Have also ended up doing an accidental fast day. The guy was supposed to be here fitting our new water heater by the time I got home, so I decided I wouldn't be able to use the kitchen so would just whack some soup in the microwave. He hasn't turned up yet, but I decided on it anyway.
Have picked up a bag of mixed veg too so will have that with something Quorn'y for tea.

Just organising my course stuff a bit (photocopied a load of stuff!) and also revising the exams. I'm fine with one, the easier one ;) But still a couple of definitions for the harder 100% pass one :rolleyes:

Might take the doggies out for a quick walk each soon too. Also need to sort the bunnies! xx

Just walked the doggies.

Walked Dave to the park, up on the loopline, some road walking, back through the park, then home. 32mins and 1.55miles cheekychinchilla's Profile

And Ellie's was rather hilly. Up the hill past the old school, over on to the posh house estate (;)), and all over the place lol. Overdid it completely with her so we're both suffering for it now :eek: 30mins and 1.5miles cheekychinchilla's Profile

Got an email from my tutor and she seriously wants me to pass well lol. She's said some things I can add to my first aid leaflet to get some extra marks and I can amend the work because my mentor hasn't uploaded her feedback yet. Pretty sure she shouldn't be doing these things ;)

That's outrageous! France is really bad for a lot of things (and I mean A LOT) but it's workers rights laws are amazing! You're literally shooed off the property when your shift had finished!! Bless you, really don't take it to heart. It's obvs your boss who has a problem - not you! She's just taking her stress out on you, which is not cool!

Hope you get a case you want tomorrow!

I love how you can do 'accidental fast days'. I can't believe you can do them just like that! :eek: <---- that's me, in awe!

Sounds like you had a lovely walk too!

x

Back