Thursday food: 500cal fast day

Lunch:
Porridge (101)
120ml Koko milk (14)
1tsp of maple syrup (10)
= 143

Tea:
2 Quorn fillets (90)
Microwave veg bag - cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli (40)
40g Spinach (12)
50g Peppers (13)
Frylight (3)
1tsp of Sriracha (5)
Dressing (2)
= 165

Snack:
15g Puffed Wheat (57)
30g Coco Pops (116)
50ml Koko Milk (14)
= 187

Drinks: Coffee. Water. Coke Zero (2) Peppermint tea.

Calories used: 497

Exercise: 4hrs at work
Sorting out the bunnies and garden.

Hey Barbette!

Aye I know why I'm feeling the way I am, just don't feel like I can do anything about it.
Really painful today, esp my head and upper body. Noticed how sore my arms were trying to get dry after my shower - which took aaaaaages!!

Tbh I'm not that bothered about the IBS-like stuff being embarrassing, but I really hate the burping. Especially when it's so sulphuric. It's nasty!

Didn't sleep well at all last night. Probably because I knew I was in work today. Just can't switch off when I know I have work or something important the next day. Woke up so many times really panicked :(
Really, really struggling today. So work will be fun... Will just have to try my best I suppose.

Attempting a fast day. I feel so rubbish I don't really feel like eating. Have had some porridge and I'll pick something up on the way home if I can be bothered. xx

I am having a bad memory day so going to reply as I go. I get horrible sulphur burps and I don't know why it's a whole day long sometimes too. And I get terribly bloated. Xx

I am having a bad memory day so going to reply as I go. I get horrible sulphur burps and I don't know why it's a whole day long sometimes too. And I get terribly bloated. Xx

Hey matey! Don't worry, I've been falling over my words all day *eye roll*
The burps are vile aren't they?!

Just got into bed and spotted my exam prep work for tomorrow!!! Had completely forgotten?!!
Just wrote out the answers for the anaesthetic circuits twice with no wrong answers so *phew* Will try and do it a couple of times tomorrow before I take the exam too. It'll be the circuits that trip me up, if anything!

Got my mug of peppermint tea and gonna read a chapter before I try and sleep.
Night all.xx

Sorry for the delay chuck but only just logged on and caught up. No the ME place has occupational therapists rather than occupational health (so the OTs look at ways they can help in your overall life and care plan, whereas OH are work-specific, looking at any changes or adaptations needed in the workplace). Hope this helps!

You really have my sympathy with all the pain - it's the worst. I'm bad today with it. You find yourself starting to make adaptations (like you said about how you go up the stairs!) I've started reading on a Kindle instead of from books as holding books hurts my hands so much. I hate the idea of Kindles (i'm a traditionalist lol) but you can argue with the pain!!

Feel better and get plenty of rest xxx

Hi Katie!
Hope you had a nice trip :)

Sorry, slip of the keys lol! I meant OT rather than occupational health. But I know what you mean. Have been through it all with Mum many times. Just didn't think it would be me too.

It's funny you should say that about the Kindle. We were all dead against them in our house because we're book lovers and well, you can't beat a real one! But we ended up getting Mum one for her birthday a couple of years ago because she was finding it very difficult to hold a book too. Now she can carry it everywhere and not worry! Now my Sister and her boyfriend have Kindles and I have a Nexus lol!
I do still read the odd real book and all the comics I read are paper. But I completely agree with you on this!

I don't think I'm going to get much rest this weekend! I'm going to the cinema tonight with Michelle. Tomorrow our hairdresser is coming round about 1 - I know this doesn't exactly sound early, but it means I HAVE to get up and not wake up naturally. And tomorrow evening a few of us are going round to Michelle's to play games. And Sunday is Mothers Day and we're gonna try and take Mum out for lunch somewhere. And I'm driving coz Rachelle's Mr will have their car :rolleyes:
And then I'm in work at 8am on Monday *yawn*!!!!

Quickly spoke to my mentor today and she seemed rather put out that I'd sent work to the tutor to look at. But what am I supposed to do? She was on holiday and only gets one day a week (if we're lucky!) to do mentor stuff. Seen as we're on such a short schedule I can't be p*ssing about waiting. I now have 3 assignments ready to go and that radiography just needs another animal. And I should hopefully have the fluid therapy one written up before Tuesday.
It just seems very unfair that I have to put in so much effort, yet the effort from my mentor is virtually none! Grrrr....

Also failed that bloody exam again. Got 2 descriptions of anaesthetic circuits the wrong way round. Bugger!! I'll re-sit that next week and hopefully pass it. 2 marks closer any way lol!
And my mentor wants me to start researching the talk I have to do about contracts and stuff. That should be fun..... Urgh!

Nipped to the shopping centre before and worn myself out. Needed some animal stuff and ended up carrying way too much in one go. Have really hurt my arms and my shoulders :( Some of the things are too big for bags so I throw them under my arms. But with other things to carry too it was a bit too much *oops*
Got a few food bits too, Morrison's has a few nice offers! And I got Froot Loops in Home Bargains for £1.50!! They'll be my next fast day cereal when the Coco Pops run out.
So funny the foods I'm eating while doing fast days I'd avoid on a SW day lol! Makes a nice change and keeps it interesting tho :)

Had my veggie breakie for lunch and really enjoyed it :D Going to head up and get a shower soon and try and wake myself up. Will try and start the fluid therapy case too. Meh!xx

Lol damn those sneaky Kindles, taking over! I'm lucky that my hubby has one, so I got to try it before I decide. Think I'll ask for one for my bday (or get one with any bday pennies).

I keep doing the exact same with too much shopping and then my arms will really hurt for a couple of days and I'll think "I should have known better" but then I end up doing it again. It's hard tho if you need things, as you don't want to get half of what you need and end up doing two trips. It's funny all the little things we're finding in common with this darn ME isn't it?

What are you seeing at the cinema? Have a great weekend, and if all else fails, have a kip in the cinema if the film's no good ;) x

Mum wanted to get me a big gift for my 30th and my iPod Touch was slowly dying. So I wanted something that did everything, including books, so went with the Google Nexus :) It's amazing!! I love it so much. Not so much the finger smudges tho.....

I ended up getting what I needed in the shopping centre and putting that in the car, then walked back to Morrison's to get some food bits, and then my Sister asked me to pick up a toothbrush she'd ordered from Boots so after putting the Morrison's shopping in the car I walked back to the shopping centre. It's not far like, but ANNOYING!! Lol
Just had a ridiculous long, hot shower and taking some paracetamol. Coz I'm special I keep forgetting to take the naproxen and they have to be 12hrs apart, so will take one when I go to bed and try really hard to remember one in the morning lol.

I know it's crappy and it's really sad, but I'm kinda glad we're finding things in common. Nice to know, in a way, that it's not just us?

I've decided I'm far too exhausted to attempt anything that could be considered actual writing so I'm watching (singing along) Dr horrible's sing-a-long blog. This never fails to cheer me up and I've not seen it for at least a month lol! The genius of Joss Whedon ;)

We are going to see The Muppets this evening. I God damn hate Ricky Gervais, but, well, it's The Muppets!! Why Ricky Gervais after having someone as awesome as Jason Segal do the first *shakes head*
Have agreed to stop in at McDonald's for my friend as she's had a bad week too. I'm going to eat before we go and I'm taking a Cadbury's Caramel bar (9 syn one!) with me for the film, so hopefully avoid the naughties. I need my saved syns and stuff for Sunday!

I'm so bloody tired! And everything really, really hurts. Putting shoes on was interesting!

Oh, before, I decided it was indeed time to give the dogs a haircut. Ellie' looks less like a crazy hobo dog and Davey's had a beard and belly hair trim. You should have seen the carpet!!! Lol. They look rather smart now I think :) I'm booking Ellie in with her vet (Auntie Clare) before she goes on maternity leave. And I wanted Ellie trimmed, but it always needs a week or so to start looking natural again hahahahaha!
Needless to say, I had to hoover after that ;)

Anyway, back to singing... "Yes, Captain Hammer's here, hair blowing in the breeze. The day needs my saving expertise" :flirt2:

Friday food: SW Green Day

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Half a tin of beans with cherry tomatoes and spinach
Cheesy scrambled eggs with red pepper and mushrooms (half HexA1)
Little potatoes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Portion of chilli (1)
Moroccan Cous cous (1.5)
Cheese (HexA2)
Cottage cheese
Salad

At the cinema: Cadbury's Caramel (9)

Snack at home: Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Activia 0%

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 12.5
Syns saved: 21.5

Exercise: 4hrs at work.

Last edited:
Oh, that sounds like a tough day and not helped by your mentor! I guess if your tutor's prepared to look things over then why not? Shame about the exam as it would have been nice to get it out of the way, but at least you can have another go.

i've had my Kindle for about 4 years and I'd hate to be without it - I love the fact that it holds a whole library and I don't have to worry about running out of reading material when we go away. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks about which books to pack before I think about clothes! (It also means that OH doesn't have any idea of the number of books I buy - not that he'd dare say anything) I sometimes read on the iPad, but usually recipe cooks or other books with illustrations. OH has a Nexus and he's happy to read on that.

Food looks good as always. Hope you have a good weekend and enjoyed the cinema.

For once work was fine! It was the after work bits that were tiring and stressful. Although getting in to work for 8am is always haaaaaard!
As I was getting ready to go out and pick Michelle up the rain got absolutely torrential and the thunder and lightening was insane! I'm not scared of storms and actually rather enjoy them. But this thunder and lightening was almost in sync and it was so LOUD!! My Mum's quite scared of storms (thanks to her Mum being dramatic!) so I tried to call her a couple of times to see where she was - she went to her Mum's straight from work. But I got no answer for ages! In the end she stayed in my Nan's till I'd finished at the cinema and I had to go and get her. Grrrrr! Poor Michelle finally got to meet my Nan and witnessed her rather bizarre behaviour. First thing she said (I've not seen her in months) was "I don't like your hair red". Literally the first thing she said to me!! I've had my hair various shades of red since I was about 16 :confused: Not that she's seen me much in that time! And then she was all nicey nicey and huggy. Just argh!!

Anyway, it put on like an hour to my day and now I am absolutely shattered! I want to eat crap, but I won't. Think I'll have a yogurt and a cereal bar and that should do :)

The Muppets was brill!! Well, the scenes that didn't have Ricky Gervais in ;) It was silly and funny, nowhere near as good as the newest sequel, but worth seeing and it's a bit of fun. Any film that makes Danny Trejo do a musical number is a winner !! I do think they missed a big opportunity to call the film The Muppets: In Russia Frog Kiss You! Oh yeah....... ;)

Just having a de-caff and catching up a bit on The Wright Stuff from this morning. Literally my main source of current news lol! That and Twitter!
Nighty night guys.
Can't wait to get my hair done tomorrow. I might even ask it to be extra Non-offensive-red :p xx

I feel awful today :(
I was awake well past 4am with the pain in my shoulders, arms, hips, and legs. Absolutely exhausted!
My hairdresser friend came round a bit early as well so had to get up earlier than I wanted and rushed round getting ready. My hair looks nice though. A bit darker and a little less of the bright red. It's nicely blended and looks much more depthy :)

I've eaten on plan so far, but not as low syn as I wanted before going to my friends. I just want to eat and eat and eat today. Probably just coz I'm so tired!

I wanted to start my next case study today but have just spent a bit of time going through my file and working out what's left of this section of the course. And also copying and sorting out my evidence for the cases I've written. Took me well over an hour :rolleyes: Feeling awful now and don't want to look at the computer any more. Just wanted to write a quick update on here.

I'm going to Michelle's soon with everyone but I just feel so awful and don't feel up to it at all. Not sure how long I'll be able to say. Feel really guilty, but what can I do?!
I'm going to be driving as well, so won't be able to have a drink. Don't even feel like I can cope with noise or anything right now. I'm going to be such a joy tonight....

Need to go out and sort the bunnies now ..... *sigh*

We're ordering in Indian food! I is happy :D
I've had a very good week food wise, had 2 fast days, and got a decent amount of syns saved so screw it ;) I might even have a couple of beers *the horror* seen as I'm not driving now. any more than that though and I'll just fall asleep :p

We're ordering in Indian food! I is happy :D
I've had a very good week food wise, had 2 fast days, and got a decent amount of syns saved so screw it ;) I might even have a couple of beers *the horror* seen as I'm not driving now. any more than that though and I'll just fall asleep :p

ENJOY!!!!

Oh guys :( I feel so awful!!
We've had to cancel taking my Mum out as I could barely move when I got up. Was still awake past 3am in pain again! And woke up really stiff and painful. I came out of the bathroom all hunched over and Mum gave me a very gentle hug. I've gotten a bit better through the day and managed to get the bunnies in the garden run for an hour or so each and i did a quick de-poo (determined to keep on top of it!!) But that's about it. Meh! No chance of coursework today - sh*t!
I also feel rather sick and wibbly and just generally bluerg!

Anyway, in cheerier news, one of my oldest friends is getting married and I've been invited!! There's only going to be 30 guests so I feel pretty honored that she would invite me. We 'met' via Teletext pen friends - how insanely retro is that?!!! - when we were about 14 I think. She lives in London and I've met her a couple of times, but she's probably one of my best friends really! She's said I can bring someone with me, which is lovely, and I did ask Mum but because it's in August there's no way she can get the time off work. So I've asked my friend Michelle - well, she is my wife ;) She's getting married on a Saturday so I'm looking at travelling down on the Friday and leaving Sunday evening.
Had a quick nose round at hotels but, even though it's quite expensive, we will probably stay at the hotel where the reception will be. It's South Kensington/Chelsea so not exactly the cheapest area of London lol. But very pretty! The wedding will be at the Chelsea old town hall and reception is at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt. Looks amazing!! The hotels around that area (that don't look like you might get murdered!) are around £240 plus for 2 people for 2 nights - eeeek!! The Radisson is £260 as an advance purchase so I think as soon as we know for definite we'll book there.
We could look for cheaper elsewhere but I'm worried about my mobility and travelling miles by tube and stuff. The hotel and registry office are within a 5min walk of each other and the Natural History is a 10min walk away!! Absolutely perfect for me really :D
Quite excited now!! And also something solid to try and lose weight for. I'd LOVE to be back to 11 stone by then! Will be much more comfortable in the ridiculous heat in mid August as well. I dislike heat greatly ;)
Ideally I'd like to maybe go to Covent Garden (Roast and Conch restaurant)or Oxford Circus (Scandi Kitchen deli) on Friday afternoon for something to eat. And then spend the morning/afternoon at the Natural History and Science Museum and go for lunch nearbye. One of the Hummingbird Bakery stores is right by there ;)

So sorry you are feeling so poorly! Don't worry about coursework, it sounds like you are well on track there and so can definitely take a day off. Shame about not being able to go out with your Mum but I bet she understands better than anyone.

Did you have a nice night last night?

The wedding sounds amazing!! And it sounds like it'll be a really nice trip for you, too! Hope you have a lovely time! Unfortunately I really don't know London very well, I've only been a couple of times! F and I stopped there overnight on our way back to Paris after Christmas but we were only there one night and got a room upgrade in a really nice hotel so didn't end up going out! Very good motivation for getting down to 11 stones too :)eek: 11 stones!) and just generally something nice to look forward to!

x

Hey dude!
Aww thank you :) I'm sure Mum is fine about it, but I feel crappy :( Not sleeping and being so busy is really, really starting to get to me now. I just hope I can hold of crashing till I'm not in work!

I had an ok night. My food made me feel really sick and horrible and I was a bit antisocial. But Tim and Caz cancelled (surprise) so was just the 4 of us until my friend's friend/housemate came home. We played two games of Sherlock Cluedo and watched Dr Horrible. Stayed till just before midnight then we skidaddled. Just couldn't sleep! :)

I'm really worried about the cost of going to the wedding and staying over. I mean I have NO savings now that the car has wiped me out. But I wouldn't want to miss it for anything!
Hehe I was almost at 11 stone this time last year and then I got ill. But at least i know I can get to that weight! I'd like to get to 10 stone but my losses are so hit and miss and my gains are insane I think that would be a bit of a stretch by August!! But I think if I try really hard and stop messing about and making excuses then 11st could be do-able!! I'm hovering around 12st at the moment and have lost about half a stone since Xmas. Sooooo.....
Plus, it'd be really nice to not have to wear my waist-cincher in stupid London heat!!!! Knowing that heat intolerance is a symptom of ME is absolutely no comfort what so ever. The heat and me do not play well together!!
I know London pretty well and the Natural History is my favourite bit and the area around there is really cool. And Michelle has been to London a lot in recent years so I think we'll be ok. I'd ideally like to stick around the Kensington end of the tube map ;) Will make my life easier and I so can't be bothered with the stress and exhaustion from trying to race around London. I've done a lot of the touristy stuff before so I would be MORE than happy to visit Covent Garden / Oxford Road on the Friday afternoon and then the Natural History/Kensington are on Sunday - esp as the hotel has a luggage hold so we can just leave our stuff, wander around without having the hassle of tubes, and just pick up our bags on the way back to Euston :) xx

So sorry you're so poorly, just wish there was something I could do or anyone else for that matter. You're mum knows you love her, you can always take her out when you're having a better day. Hope you've a chance to get some rest today, sounds like that's what you need.
The wedding sounds great, nice to have something to work towards, something to keep you going when you're having a bad day x x x

Grrrr!! Barely slept again last night. I went to bed early (for me) and had my lights off by 10:30. Was still awake at 1am! I even took a whole sleeping pill. But my heart was absolutely pounding, I was uncomfortable, felt sick, in pain, etc... Was horrible getting up this morning for an early shift!!
Oddly though I feel a little better in myself today. A little less painful and a bit "brighter". Don't know what that's all about lol! Just so tired!

Got a compliment about my hair from the nurse who hardly ever talks to me - so it must be nice LOL!

Work wasn't too bad really. Nothing particularly exciting to report. I did have to hold a very scratchy "enthusiastic" puppy for his vaccinations and he's cut my right hand in various places :rolleyes:

I finished at 12 and come home for a shower. Going to make my lunch in time for Neighbours and then try and get some of this fluid therapy case study done. Really need to have at least some of it done by tomorrow.
Have cancelled going to the Cineworld Unlimited screening of The Raid 2 tonight as it's not on till 8:15 and I'm on an early again tomorrow. Would be silly to try and do it with feeling so rough. So going to see The Grand Budapest Hotel with Mum and Rachelle at around 5:30 - a much more civalised time for sick me lol.

Fast day today! Need to get them in early this week!!

Jumped on the scales today and it was over 78kg's. It was just under 76kg on Friday :confused: 1 meal and 1 dessert of plan should not do that!! Wtf?! Especially with two fast days and saved syns too. Just can't win can I?! x

Just spent a couple of hours writing my fluid therapy case. Well, I hope it's written lol! Have sent it to my mentor to look at. Hopefully tomorrow!
Losing my temper a bit at how looooooong it's taking her to look at my work. Grrrr!! She's very particular about fluid therapy so I'm dreading what she'll ask me to add to it. But at least the first draft is done I suppose.

Feel so tired!! Have gone all pink and my head and face are really sore! Really just want to curl up and go to sleep. Will attempt another early night tonight. I guess even if I don't sleep the rest will help. Just really hope I get some sleep!! xx

Back