Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hey dude!
There is seriously not enough caffeine in the world today lol. Getting up was a challenge!
Work was alright actually and I had a rather major break through with my boss. I bit the bullet and decided to have a quick chat, without really asking ;) She was alone in the office and seemed to be in a really good mood so I took my chances.
I asked if we were fully staffed for VCA's next week, quickly making sure I told her I wasn't asking for time off!! We are so I said if I had a look at what's left on the course and come up with an action plan could I have time/help? She literally jumped in to action, grabbing folders from the shelves, telling me she knew exactly how to help with some of the tasks I have left, showed me lots of stuff, asked questions about other things, and THEN said that she would happily sit with me one day and we can get through some stuff together. She looked at the rota and said she will pull me from kennels on Monday (YES!) and we can go thru some stuff together. She said to work it all out and tell her what I need, when I need it, what time, and what help I need over the next couple of weeks and I can have it. Whatever I want ..... :faint2:
She also made it very clear at how impressed and pleased she is with what I've achieved and the progress I've made and says it's amazing considering what I had to deal with,.
Well, f*ck me!! LOL!!
In a way I'm annoyed that it took so much to get recognition and the likes, but I'm really pleased too. And I feel really good about the course and definitely think it's achievable to get it done in the next 3 weeks. Or at least the stuff I need a mentor for. I technically have up until the middle of August, so I do have time for exam resits, but the sooner the better.
She seemed really impressed that I was fuelling this and that I wanted to do one last big push and get it done.
I actually feel really good about it *blush*

I'm very, very tired. Cannot wait for a lie-in tomorrow. Rather bloody painful too. But otherwise alright :)

Had the bunnies out in the garden run again today. Finally! Anya and Saddam were out together for over an hour and a half. They were being so well behaved I even trusted them to be unsupervised while I went for a shower. I was still watching them out of windows and stuff. They did have a couple of small fights, but not like last time. Lots of playing hard to get and "kiss chase" going on too lol! Rather hopeful about that!! Will try and get them out together again on Sunday. They were looking longingly at each other when I put them back in their houses ;)
Peggy and Simon seemed to have a nice time too. Peg's was all stretched out in the long grass :D

Have spent the afternoon, when I wasn't with the buns, checking over the rest of my course schedule, looking stuff up, organising things slightly. I even found some exam results I wasn't notified about!! Distinctions ;)
Mum's gone to my Nan's for tea so I might put on a film when I have my tea. Having a nice tea of "turkey burgers", roasted veg, and noodles!! Nom !!

Oh and the car is AWESOME!! He just is ;) xx

Friday food.

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Beans with spinach in
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms and orange pepper (half HexA1)
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
2 Quorn turk'y burgers
Low fat Supernoodles
Shallots, red & green peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, spinach, and cherry tomatoes 'fried' with some herbs and stuff and Wahaca
Cheese (HexA2)
Extra light mayo (0.5)
BBQ sauce (1)

Snack:
2 Alpen Lights (HexB1)
Shape 0% crumble flavour (0.5)
Mini Malteser bunny (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash.

Syns used: 6
Syns left: 34.5

Last edited:
Hey Kelly - I've just had a quick scan through. Brilliant results - distinctions WOW! - and great that you've made the break through with the boss. You very clearly got her at the right moment. Good that the bunnies are getting on well; I like the thought of them looking lovingly at each other!

So pleased you love Sven - I hope you have a long and very happy relationship!

Your Mum sounds like Peter - trying to feed out of love. Very frustrating and doubly so when it's not just things which are not diet friendly but also things which go against your principles.

Hope the awful sounding headaches have gone and you're not too achey and tired.

Hey Patty and Barbette!
Just a quick post to say I am indeed alive! An off plan weekend full of naughties, but a good one.
Just got into bed as I have an important day at work tomorrow - the sort of study session with my boss. It's also the start of a 5 day in a row week, which is exhausting for me!
Just filled myself dull of meds and going to read.
Will post properly tomorrow :)
Thanks for the messages.xx

Monday food.

Lunch:
Quorn steak topped with gherkins and cheese (half HexA1)
Spicy potato chunks
Beans with mushrooms, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, and spinach in
Salad
BBQ sauce (0.5)

Tea:
2 Quorn turk'y burgers
Shallots, peppers, spinach, and sweetcorn fried in Wahaca
Low fat Supernoodles
Cheese (HexA2)
Salad
Sauces (1)

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash.

Syns used: 1.5
Syns saved: 13.5

NOTHING at the cinema even though Mum bought me a Twirl!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!
Firmly back on plan today. Enjoyed my weekend off - Indian food, a muffin, chocolate, etc..... Saturday was planned but I decided to save part of my takeaway to have for tea on Sunday. I refuse to throw away good food! Was sooooo nice!
But yes, back on plan today.

Work was alright and I did get my study session with my boss. We went through area and COSHH risk assessments - so boooooring ;)
I've spent this afternoon writing up the area risk assessment one - we picked clinical waste. Think it looks ok anyway!

So the rest of this week I have to write up the COSHH one (surgical spirit) and complete a fake accident book entry and write up a few bits and pieces for it, like when you would have to report it and stuff. Nothing major but if I could get those out of the way this week it'd be ace!! We're doing two practicals tomorrow - correct dead body procedure and manual handling. Joy!
I'm being given time to do the talk about work contracts on Friday - about f*cking time ;)

Off to see the Unlimited screening of The Fault in Our Stars now. Fully prepared to cry like a big eejit! As I'm sure I've said many times, Rachelle is not a crier. She can't even make it through the trailer!! So God help me!!

Cheerio for now.xx

Oh my Gods! So much crying :cry: The Fault in Our Stars is a beautiful, funny, extremely heart warming film with a super soundtrack. I do feel like my heart is in a million pieces though and how I haven't died from dehydration is beyond me. Loved it tho :) xx

Tuesday food.

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Beans with cherry tomatoes and spinach
Cheesy scrambled eggs with shallots, mushrooms, and yellow pepper (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Break at work: Nakd Crunch bar (5)

Tea:
2 Quorn lamb grills
Spicy potatoes
Mushy peas
Sweetcorn
Cheese (HexA2)
Tomato sauce (1)

Snack:
Shape 0% crumble flavour (0.5)
2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Diet Lemonade. Squash. Cadbury's highlights made with Koko milk (rest of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 9.5
Syns left: 19

Last edited:
Rather disappointed with the ME group session this morning. Just a bit of information and symptom sharing. I was the only person there by myself. Everyone else had brought a friend or family :rolleyes: So I didn't pitch in.
We got given an information pack to bring home and told we can fill in a form to opt-in to continue under the therapy team. There's a big issue though as they've lost their 2 top members of staff and they're getting referrals from all over the place - apparently they see patients from the Isle of White and stuff. So the waiting list is very, very long :( Plus even if you do go back you get invited to two more group sessions and then maybe get a one-to-one appointment with an occupational therapist. But they said they're struggling so much that a one-to-one is very unlikely or very far off.
So not in the slightest bit hopeful about any of that. I've not had a look at my information pack yet as I'm knackered!! I wanted to do some more course work today but I think it's going to have to wait or I won't be fit to go in to work later.
I just feel disappointed and really deflated by it. I thought this would be the start of something useful and helpful, but it appears that they can't cope with the case load, just hand out leaflets, and that's about it. Ah well....

There were staff from the clinical research project there asking for volunteers. I explained I am interested but obv the phobia thing is an issue. They've taken my details and have said they'll contact me to arrange to go in to the clinic and have bloods done there if I would like to do it. Obv I'd need someone with me and a sh*t load of diazepam! But something to think about. I have the info pack for that too. It would be great to help out and be part of a study, it might really help. But it's whether I can physically do it, you know?

Right, going to sort out the bunnies and then probably watch something for a bit before work. Really don't feel up to coursework today :( A shame though coz I was all for going at it guns blazing lol! But I did do a whole assignment yesterday :)

Wednesday food.

Lunch:
Veggie ravioli (2)
Quorn mince
Sweetcorn
Spinach
Salad
Cheese (half HexA1)
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)

Tea:
2 veggie burgers (2) topped with gherkins and shallots
Tub of bbq bean casserole with extra spinach added
Cheesy Smash
Salad
Dressing (0.5)
Cheese (HexA2)

Snacks:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
1 Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet lemonade. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 7.5
Syns saved: 26.5

Trying to use a few more daily syns so I'm not having ridiculous amounts unused or being used on silly things at the end of the week.

Last edited:
Thursday food.

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
2 boiled eggs
Beans
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Sainsbury's meat free kiev (7.5)
Tomato Pasta N Sauce with spinach
Veg bag - peas, sweetcorn, & carrots. With extra sweetcorn.
Cheese (HexA1)

Snack:
Shape 0% Crumble (0.5)
Chew Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 9
Syns saved: 32.5

Last edited:
Sorry not been on, hectic few days.
Glad you had a good weekend off plan :D yummy food, mmmm :) Food for this week is looking good, right back on track.
Your trip to the clinic sounded a bit of a waste of time, I can understand why you'd be disappointed I would be too. It's silly that they're taking referrals from all over the place when they're so under staffed. Is there any support groups out there that you could join who could give you info? It just shows the state the NHS is in :(
I hope you're coping ok with your 5 day week and you're not over doing it x x x

Have had my hair done!! Spent the last of this week's money on a cut and colour. Quite possibly the girliest thing I have ever done lol! Gone a bit lighter seen as it's getting close to summer. Still brown with red bits, just a bit lighter :)

Work was ok. Got to do a rushed practical - was correct handling of a body and associated stuffs. Something I do every day! So I'd better have passed ;)
Then we had a staff meeting followed by a vca only meeting with our boss/head nurse. It went really well!! Staffing issues are being looked at and small changes are already in place to help with the issues we're having with clients in the evenings/weekends. Other things are being looked at and we're going to be used for what we're trained for, rather than personal assistants!!

Anyway, there's quite a lot so I wont bore you. But big changes ahead. It will take but some people will seriously need to get over themselves and stop being d*cks ;) xx

Sorry not been on, hectic few days.
Glad you had a good weekend off plan :D yummy food, mmmm :) Food for this week is looking good, right back on track.
Your trip to the clinic sounded a bit of a waste of time, I can understand why you'd be disappointed I would be too. It's silly that they're taking referrals from all over the place when they're so under staffed. Is there any support groups out there that you could join who could give you info? It just shows the state the NHS is in :(
I hope you're coping ok with your 5 day week and you're not over doing it x x x

Argh! I missed your post. Just got in to bed so will reply properly tomorrow.xx

Hey Barbette!
Lovely to see you. Hope work's been ok and your sister is doing better :)

Aye back on plan and taking the advice from your consultant a bit too. I am still saving syns but having a go at trying to use more daily syns and not save quite so many. It was getting ridiculous!! I mean it's quite high now and that's with trying to use syns!!

Weight's still not moving. Still hovering around the 78kg mark. I know I did lose a bit a few weeks/months ago but it's creeped back on. I might have just try not to stress about it and just keep eating healthily and trying my best.
One of the useful things I found out at the ME talk was that most sufferers will not only overproduce Cortisol like me, but also adrenaline. So two major stress hormones! Neither of which will help me with weightloss or encourage my body to let go of what it feels are essential calories and energy! It does make sense and I'm glad I know. But it is very hard not to get too frustrated when you really do want to lose weight and it's not budging.
I honestly feel the best I can do for now is try my hardest to maintain and then if I get any losses they'll be a nice surprise :) Maybe once the course is done and I continue trying to find a work/life/fun balance things will settle a little and maybe my body wont feel the need to produce quite so much stress hormones and give me a bloody break ;)

I'm not happy or comfortable at the weight I am now. I would LOVE to be back to where I was at the start of last year, just above 11st. I didn't realise it at the time, but do we ever?, that I was really happy and comfortable at that weight. But, will just have to see how things go! I'm sure I will have the odd paddy about weight loss tho ;)

I haven't looked in to any support groups. I really do think I'm doing a good job on my own, but it would have been nice to get some advice and help!! Maybe I should have a look round for support groups too :)
It's so sad how bad the NHS has gotten. I feel for anyone working for them at the moment as I'm sure they're taking a lot of sh*t from everyone!! But doesn't help those that need their help tho!

Been a bit busy today. I ended up being everywhere in work today as help was needed. So I did every section, had a very quick sit down with the head receptionist so she could sign off some coursework bits, did the phone, ended up in dispensary, etc.... One good thing, I did get a big load of Stronghold for Ellie as it's on offer this month. Buy 3 and get one free. So I bought 6 lol.
I didn't get to do my presentation as my mentor is off sick again!!!!!!! Jeez!!!

I stopped at the shops on the way home for a few bits. Wanted Quorn turk'y bugers and noodles for tea :D Got home and put my lunch in the oven and then walked round to the chemist. It's in it's new home now, a brand new local shopping area with the nice big new Aldi! Just went to the chemist tho. Will have a proper look next week when I have some money!!
After lunch I de-poo'd the garden Emptied, cleaned, moved, and refilled Ellie's paddling pool. Put out my washing (bed sheets. Nightmare!!). Put Anya and Saddam in the garden run and cleaned their houses. I've also done the dishes and cleaned the kitchen work tops.
Will put the other bunny pair out soon.

Bloody knackered!!

Just sat down with a coffee, put the Wright Stuff on, and going to start this COSHH assignment. CBA ;) Don't expect distinctions for either of the risk assessment assignments! x

Friday food:

Morning break at work:
Nakd Cocoa Crunch bar (5)

Lunch:
Spicy bean burger (3) topped with gherkins and jalapenos
Spicy Jersey potatoes
Cheese (half HexA1)
Salad.
Mayo and sauce (1.5)

Tea:
Two Quorn Turky burgers
Low Fat Supernoodles
Fried sweet onion, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and jalapenos - in spicy stuffs
Cheese (rest of HexA1)

Snack:
Activia 0%
2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)
1 Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Ginger Ale.

Syns used: 12.5
Syns saved: 35

Last edited:
Back