Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I'm having a hell of a bad day. To be expected after yesterday really, but it's still horrible. All my muscles are painful and burning, even in my feet! I'm all jittery and wobbly. And my head is so painful I feel sick. Took me over an hour to get out of bed! Since then have only made my lunch and watched Buffy ;) I think the day will continue in that theme lol.
I realised I've missed some info from my risk assessment assignments, which shouldn't take too long to add in. I think I just need to actually explain how a risk assessment works and how it's scored. Thrilling stuff!! ;)

Saturday food:

Lunch:
2 free Quorn Sausages
Beans with spinach
Cheesy scrambled egges with onion, mushroom, and red pepper (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Quorn steak with gherkins
Pasta N Sauce mac & cheese (2 + part HexA2 for Kara milk)
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Veg bag - carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower
Bit of bbq sauce (0.5)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Aldi Dreamy (5)
Malteaser bunny (8)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet ginger ale. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 16.5
Syns saved: 33.5

Last edited:
I think that's both risk assessment assignments done. So I stop editing them I have sent them to my mentor lol.
Rachelle printed off some stuff for me (chemical data sheets) and I've scanned them in for the COSHH one. The file type just would NOT copy and paste yesterday and trying to attach them to the Word doc kept crashing my 'puter. I ended up very angry ;) So added them and some info to that one. And I found some more info for the area risk assessment one.
And have also scanned in the copy of the fake accident report and attached it to my short statement.
So sent 3 :D She had better be in work next week!! She leaves on the 4th July and we still have some practical stuff to do and she's yet to upload some stuff I've already done :confused:

Right, going to make tea and then watch the last two Game of Thrones from this series!xx

Have had to cancel on my friend Caz :( We'd planned a coastal walk with the dogs but I didn't think I'd be able to do it today. I'm still really not good. It's so unfair :(

Me and Mum might go to the cinema later, depending on how we both feel. Just feel rubbish and I'm fed up letting people down. I feel like at the moment all's I can cope with is work and coursework, so I don't really feel like I have a life. I know it'll be different on different weeks and I am just having a bad couple of days. But having a sulk ;)

Sunday food

Lunch: Scandi-style open sandwiches
2 free Quorn sausages
Egg mayonnaise (0.5)
Spinach
Aldi Cheese Curls (3)

Starbucks: Medium coconut frappacino light (221cals/11 syns!)

Tea:
Spicy potato chunks
Free Quorn burger with gherkins
Roasted peppers and shallots
Salad & spinach
Sauce, mayo, and mustard (2)
50g of low cal coleslaw (3.5)
Cheese (half HexA1)

Snack: Cadbury's Boost (12.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 32.5
Syns left this week: 16 - can't eat any more!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So! A 100% week! With over a days worth of syns left. I didn't even count the milk in my Starbucks drink as a healthy extra to use more up. Really really pleased with how this week has gone SW wise :) I think next week I will carry on with the same plan, trying to use more daily syns and change up my meals - especially lunch!- a bit and keep things interesting. Although I am going to be rather poor till I get paid on Fri so won't be doing much food shopping!

Today eneded up zooming to Warrington for a Starbucks fix and then going to the cinema to see 3 Days to Kill. Was good!! Not quite what I was expecting. Kevin Costner was really good :)

Off to bed seen as I'm back in work tomorrow. Gonna read and try to relax.x

Last edited:
Sorry you've been so poorly this weekend, not surprising considering you did 5 days in a run I think it was too much for you :( I'm sure your friends and family realise that sometimes you're not up to keeping dates.

Well done on 100% week, you've done really well :D

Ha ha ha ha ha we've been to Warrington today as well probably whizzed past you lol x x x

Hey matey!
I know what you mean, but what can I do? I either do longer days and less of them or short days and more. I can't afford to drop hours either, although 19 is the minimum they do. And I do only work a straight 5 days once a month - ish. I honestly think it was down to me doing too much on Friday. Which is my own fault, but it all needed doing. can't win really lol!

I'm really, really pleased with the last week of food! I will try and get on the scales tomorrow at work as I'm on an early. I am not hopeful of a loss, but you never know eh?
And I do really like the idea of eating more daily syns, unless I have something big to 'save' for. Can't believe I finished the week with over a days worth of syns left. I just couldn't eat any more lol!! BUT I also didn't feel deprived through the week and really enjoyed it :)

Haha maybe we did go past each other. We literally only went to the Starbucks on Gemini retail though. Quite a trek for frappacino's for the cinema LOL!

Last night was awful. I was awake every hour from 2am! Always, always the shift before work. Coz that makes sense to make me extra tired. Cheers body!! I'm on earlies tomorrow and Wed so Gods help me lol.

Just had a very nice lunch and going to put the bunnies out and then do some revision. I got a chance to speak to my boss and it seems my mentor will be in this week, so we have tomorrow, Wed, and next Thursday to get stuff done..... *sigh* Really hoping it'll be easy peasy and quickly done as it's minimal input. plus I need to revise and get some exams out of the way too. The quicker the better!! xx

Oh ps! I called the finance company for the Peugeot. They have received payment and it has cleared the account. AND they DO indeed owe me money, which I should get next week. In your FACE finance company. No apology for sh*tty phone call last week tho. Grrrrr....

Monday food: The start of another 100% week? Seems likely seen as I will be very poor this week until Friday and then I'm working this weekend ;)

Lunch:
2 veggie burgers (2) with pickles
'Fried' red & yellow peppers
Salad
Plum cherry tomatoes
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
Sauce, mayo, mustard (1) Tiny amounts of each!

Tea:
Quorn steak
Country Veg Pasta N Sauce
Mixed veg - carrots, peas, sweetcorn, broccoli, and red pepper
Sprouts
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Dressing (0.5)

Snack:
Activia 0%
2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)
Caramel Freddo (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Diet Lemonade. Squash.

Syns used: 8.5
Syns saved: 6.5

Last edited:
An interesting tea tonight. I asked Mum to put some veg on for me as she was having some for tea. We've got a frozen mix with peas, sweetcorn, carrots, red pepper, and broccoli in. And then she did sprouts. So, yeah, I had sprouts with pasta. Odd but actually pretty nice lol! The Pasta N Sauce I had isn't one of my favourites, I do't know why I buy it lol. A pretty interesting meal really :p
Trying to decide what to use my syns on this evening. Decisions!!

Last edited:
It's funny you said you don't fell deprived using your syns daily, that's what my consultant said SW were trying to get through to us. She said if you save them on the days you're saving you feel like you're on a proper diet or depriving yourself and you're more likely to go off the rails. Where as if you use them daily and flexi syn on special occasions you might not lose as much weight but you're more likely to stick to it.
We were near Gemini, Beth lives up the road from there. That's the side of Warrington I used to live in too, I lived less than a mile from Gemini. In fact the pub I worked in was down the road from there too. Which cinema do you go to?
Glad you got some money back :D I'd phone them up and demand an apology lol.
Hope you've had a good night of revision x x x

Tuesday food: A very, very rare EE day today!! Had a craving for tuna pasta salad so found some tuna that fits my ridiculous welfare morals ;)

Morning break at work:
Berry Delight Nakd bar (6.5)
Bananananana

Lunch:
Wholemeal moose pasta :D
Tuna mixed with onion, sweetcorn, little sweet peppers, chopped gherkins, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Little gem lettuce
Cucumber
Cherry tomatoes
Super low cal dressing - ginger and lime I think

Liverpool-20140624-00603.jpg

Tea:
Veg packed BBQ bean casserole
Free Linda M Sausages
Cheesy Smash
Cheese (HexA)
Tomato sauce (1)

Snacks:
Chewy Delight (HexB)
1 Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Lemonade. Diet Ginger ale.

Syns used: 11
Syns saved: 10.5

Last edited:
It's funny you said you don't fell deprived using your syns daily, that's what my consultant said SW were trying to get through to us. She said if you save them on the days you're saving you feel like you're on a proper diet or depriving yourself and you're more likely to go off the rails. Where as if you use them daily and flexi syn on special occasions you might not lose as much weight but you're more likely to stick to it.
We were near Gemini, Beth lives up the road from there. That's the side of Warrington I used to live in too, I lived less than a mile from Gemini. In fact the pub I worked in was down the road from there too. Which cinema do you go to?
Glad you got some money back :D I'd phone them up and demand an apology lol.
Hope you've had a good night of revision x x x

Hey matey!
To be honest I often felt like I was eating too much. It will take some getting used to and re-jigging some old habits I think! But I am happy with the way it went.
It also helps that I have bugger all money and can't eat out at the moment lol. Although when we went to Starbucks at the weekend I was all set to spend some syns on a cinnamon swirl, but they didn't have any!! I could have just gotten something else and thought f*ck it, but I decided that that was what I really wanted and seen as they didn't have any I shouldn't waste syns on something I didn't want. If that makes sense?
I'm finding reading Weightloss *****'s blog quite inspiring and I'm getting new ideas for food. She's turned me in to a Nakd bar crazy! Bloody expensive food craving that.... BUT it's something new and I'm finding I don't mind spending the syns on them (some are quite high!) and that they're really nice and add something new to my diet. They're very useful if I'm on an early as I get a hit of energy from them. The same for weekends too!

I never really feel like I'm depriving myself when I save syns. I think I'm just so used to SW I naturally eat low syn foods and struggle to find the space to add-in syns. So will be a learning adventure lol.

Wow we maybe did cross paths on Sunday!! If you ever feel like a coffee at Starbucks or Ikea just let me know ;) Our main cinema is the Cineworld at Edge Lane, so nowhere near Warrington. It was a 20min drive to Starbucks and then roughly the same going back and to the cinema. Nuts :p But I really really wanted one of the new coconut mocha frapps!

If I could be a*sed I would call up Santander. What awful customer service?!! The woman I spoke to yesterday was really nice and helpful, but obv they'd now received payment and had a clear account and got their mitts on the monies. Cheeky f*ckers!! Hate the way some people in "customer service" treat people. Really, really winds me up!!

My revision was a bit half-hearted really. But I did prep for 2 re-sits today. I asked the practice manager nicely if I could use the laptop ;) She's dead nice Lesley. She's been at our hospital since it opened as a head receptionist. She's now in a new role which is head reception/Practice Manager/customer service manager .... She's lovely though and can't do enough for you. She was supposed to tell me off yesterday as I'd put some contributions through the till wrong (eejit!) and had to make sure I knew what I was doing. But she's so nice and can't tell you off and is just nice about everything. One hell of a gossip tho ;)
Anyway, I got my exam time after arguing with the stupid laptop for about 10mins. It kept kicking me out. Stupid, waste of space thing...

So. I did the one I knew I'd gotten one of the multiple choice one's wrong, the "why do people have pets?" question. I'm pretty certain the short answer ones are all correct and the multiple choice ones are now all right. So I think I can safely mark that off as a pass - it's a 100% pass one.
The other one was that multiple choice one with, a bit all random question about legislations, how to prioritise appointments, a bit on meds. A really random collection of questions. Some are really stupid like which animal should be seen first and gives THE most vague bit of info on them. Like one possible answer is a whelping dog. But that's it! Doesn't say how long it's been whelping for, is there a pup stuck, any discharge, is she struggling, was she bred with a much larger breed, etc.... Just "A whelping dog" Feck off ;)
Anyway.... This is the one that wouldn't let me in to it to review what questions I got wrong so I was going in mostly blind. And because some of the questions and answers are quite subjective it was a tough one. I didn't pass it, but it did let me review it properly this time and I've found out what on earth they want!
One answer REALLY p*ssed me off tho. Maybe I'm over-reacting, but it well annoyed me....
The question was "Animals suffering from a suspected infectious disease should be..." Possible answers:
A. Kept waiting until the end of the consultation session
B. Kept waiting in their own car until their appointment time
C. Kept waiting until the end of the session and enter through the back door (my choice as well as 3 people who work in another vets!"
D. Kept waiting until the end and then asked to make another appointment (wtf?!)

So, the answer? Kept waiting in the car. Why would we ever, ever suggest that someone keep their dog in the car? How many campaigns are there about dogs dying in hot cars? I know if the owner is with them you could potentially have the windows right down or the air-con on. But surely, we have to stick with the guideline of no dogs to be kept in cars?!! It's really p*ssed me off....Obviously!
I'll stop going on about it now ;) Will re-sit it next week and give them their stupid answers!!

Stopped at the new Aldi for a nose round and also to say hello to the chemist staff - who came out to look at my beautiful Sven! Who is now literally covered in bee poo....
Got some veggie bits and my new favourite choccys- Dreamy's :D Got the big bag of mini ones so I can have more ;)
Made a lovely, lovely lunch, and will now go chuck the rabbits out and do some more bloody revision whilst watching The Wright Stuff....

Wow, long post, well done if anyone gets through that.xxx

Last edited:
Making a big batch of bbq bean casserole tonight :D
It has onions, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, green beans, sweetcorn, spinach, some chilli & garlic tomato puree, and bbq beans.
There's probably enough for at least 3 portions so one for tonight and definitely one for a work lunch this weekend. I love beany casserole. xx

That tuna salad looks gorgeous :) Fish is the only thing I miss :( What tuna did you use?

That question about the dog was ridiculous with all the campaigning going on about not leaving dogs in hot cars. If you did that you'd end up with your window out through :(

I'll let you know when we're up there and I'm not working. I think Beth is coming on the train next time as Tom is working now and it's cheaper for one to come on the train that it does in petrol there and back and there and back again. And it's probably just as quick especially on a Friday night.

I have to be in the mood for bean casserole, all I want to eat at the moment is curry :confused: might have one for tea tomorrow again lol.

Aldi is good, but Lidls is nearer for us and I don't mind them either, need to go and stock up on some fruit after WI. Hope you have a good night x x x

It's interesting that you're doing 100% SW and not saving Syns. Looking forward to seeing how that works out for you. When I first started SW, I used my Syns mostly on sweet treats, and allowed myself extra, usually on a weekend, if I hadn't used them all. I gradually came to realise that it was actually nicer to use them to make meals a bit tastier with gravy, ketchup, Yorkshire pudding etc and so reduced the about of 'treats'. My losses did improve when I started doing that and yes, it's amazing just how much you can eat when on plan. Your BBQ beans casserole sounds lovely so I think I'll try that. Was very disappointed not to find the Quorn T'key burgers when I went shopping today.

Five days in a row sounds hard so it's a good thing you don't have it too often. Hope you've got the pass you need for that exam. Obviously I've no knowledge, but there's no way I'd have said the correct answer was in a car - even I know the message which is put out every summer!

Hope le you've recovered a bit now. Sven is certainly beautiful. Any time I see a white Citygo, I'll be checking out the reg plate. So if you ever see someone in a silver Meriva or a beige Clio flashing their lights at you, it'll be me!

Hey guys!! :D
I'm just about to head to bed. Another early tomorrow *yawn* and hopefully get this bloody presentation out of the way! I didn't warn my tutor today for fear she'd be off sick ;)

The exam question is ridiculous. I'm still grrr'ing at it. I dunno why I'm surprised, I mean this is the course that got what RSPCA stands for wrong and still has Dogs Trust as NCDL in the course literature *twitches* Not long now. Not long now....

I will reply to y'all properly tomorrow. Going to go to bed and read. Another food packed day and I'm stuffed! Also had another surprise period, which is annoying as hell. Two in this injections time :confused: Got one due in a couple of weeks I think, yay! ;)

Nighty night all.xx

BEST presentation my boss and the practice manager had ever seen.... OMG!! :D It was a multimedia extravaganza lol!
I had my laptop for a powerpoint presentation, used my Nexus tethered to my phone internet for clicking through the CAB website, had my work and training contracts, and also the staff handbook we get given. ;)
Apparently I came across as very knowledgeable, I was confident, and I even told them a few things they didn't know. I only got one question (What's a self-cert) and between them couldn't think of anything else as I had covered everything in depth and properly :D Really, really pleased!

We signed off some tick-sheets and I did my manual handling practical. And my mentor has a stack of my work to sign off. I need her to mark it before I can send it and she needs to upload feedback and actually send a lot of stuff herself. If everything is ok that leaves me with 2 exams and one re-sit. Looks like I'll finish maybe 5/6 weeks before the deadline ;)

I'm SO HAPPY!!

Also, just had to give Sven a bath because I dropped coffee all over him this morning :eek: On the outside tho!!! So took the opportunity to get rid of some bee poo and clean the windows - my wipers are awful, they do absolutely nothing :confused:

Oh AND!! I got weighed and it looks like I've lost 3lb!!! I was just over 78kg last week and I was 76.5 today. I triple checked it as well. Wow!!
I'm in this weekend as well so will do another WI then and see where I'm at. Turning out to be a good day this!!

Also having another EE day as I saved half my tuna from yesterday. Having it with two little sweet potato's and salad :)

Barbette I try to buy at least dolphin friendly. But if I want it to tick all boxes I go for dolphin friendly, ethically sourced, and pole-caught. I've found some quite cheap on and off in Home & Bargain but Mum said she saw some in Aldi, so will have a look on Friday. I miss fish too. I love pollock, but again it's the ethical side... And I'd just managed to make myself like salmon as I decided to go full veggie lol!! I will consider adding in more, but it will have to fit my morals - which usually means expensive lol!

I'm still really angry over that exam question. I could argue it forever as well. Grrrrr....

Aye just let me know if you're around the Ikea area. Actually, even if you fancied a little get together anyway. I know it's a bit of a trek for you!! I still think we should have a mini-meet tho!!

I have to be in the mood for most foods to be honest. I can eat baked beans till they come out of my ears, but the casserole I batch cook and then just eat when I want it. It's a great working weekend lunch for me tho!
Craving curries eh?! ;) *whistles*

Hi Patty! Welcome back :D I had a quick catch up on your diary last night. Really impressed that you've managed to stay within goal range. That's amazing! Also glad you had such a good holiday. I love how the highlights were all so different for each person. I'd be with your daughter on hers tho - animals win every time!

It certainly looks like my SW switch-up trial is working!! Did not expect any loss at all, esp as I've been steadily gaining recently - sometimes undeserved ;)

Haha I will look out for you checking out my car :p Had to give him a bath when I got home!! I dropped my travel mug down the bit under the boot this morning - luckily just the outside. So while I was at it I washed off some bee poo and cleaned the windows - my wipers are absolutely pointless and do sweet f*ck all. The only issue I've found with him, which I know isn't major, but I hate dirt and spots on my windscreen!!
I was adamant I wouldn't be washing him myself!! I believe they got washed in the rain and maybe occasionally at a car wash. But the coffee stain couldn't stay and the windscreen was awful *eye roll*

Anyway, off to make lunch and watch Neighbours.xx

Wednesday food - another EE day

Break at work: Banana

Lunch:
2 small jacket sweet potatoes
Tuna mixed with onion, sweetcorn, little sweet peppers, chopped gherkins, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Cheese (Half HexA)
Little gem lettuce
Cucumber
Cherry tomatoes
Super low cal dressing - ginger and lime I think

Snack before I go to friends. I wont get my tea till late and don't want to risk eating something daft from being hungry!!
Chopped up Berry Nakd bar (6.5), red grapes, blueberries, and an Activia.

Tea:
Quorn Steak
Roasted veg ratatouille with fresh spinach
Wholemeal spaghetti
Cheese (rest of HexA)

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB)
Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Lemonade.

Syns used: 10
Syns saved: 15.5

Last edited:
I know!! I can't believe what a good day I have had. I will most likely pay for it dearly, but I don't care ;) It was all well worth any payback and I have two days off work so, woo!!

We did have a good time. I took Dave with me - first time I've had a dog in Sven. A WHITE dog on my BLACK seats! But, coz I'm super clever (lol) I worked out how to put my dog seat cover on the front seat. He gets a bit stressed in the back, so prefer him in the front if it's just the two of us. I also put a fluffy blanket in there for him and sprayed the car with DAP about an hour before we left. DAP is Dog Appeasing Hormone, you can get it as sprays, plug-in's, collars, etc and it's a synthetic version of the hormone mummy dogs produce which comfort their dogs. Dave was SO chilled!!! I'm thinking it's probably a combination of the new car which is comfier and the way the seats and windows sit he can see out without trying, he also LOVES air-conditioning so pointed that at him, the DAP may have had an effect, but he was dead happy. He is a good car companion!
Ellie's a nightmare!! Obv she can't sit in the front seat or she'd be driving. She gets stressy and pants and moves about and gets tangled in the dog seat belt and somehow manages to stand on my seat belt, pulling it tight and strangling me, and also puts her head between the seats and scares the sh*t out of me!! Luckily she doesn't really need to be in the car very often or she'd drive me insane lol.

Anyway, we snuck in to the grounds of Speke Hall through a dodgy hole in the fence. Well, we are scousers ;) And walked them thru the woods and onto some massive fields that run alongside the river and runways for Liverpool airport. I don't have Dave off lead unless we are a million miles away from roads and only if I can't see another human being or a dog in any direction at all. But we had the place to ourselves and after a while I let him off. he had SO much fun :D Mort was being a little monster and kept racing at him but turning at the last minute - she's a whippet and she's fast!! And also evil. They did have a couple of games of "chicken" but Dave lost everyone. But he split his time between walking with the humans, Lulu (their Greyhound) and racing round with Mort. At one point we came in to a field and you could see a HUGE group of rabbits. Hmmmmm, terrier + greyhound + whippet + Tim shouting "go get them" = 3 dogs racing off out of sight!! They all came back, no rabbits were harmed in the making of this post, and they all seemed to bond over it. Was hilarious!! And lots of fun too.
We went back to theirs for coffee and a catch-up and to try and stop Mort mauling Dave. She's a naughty puppy! He's remarkably patient with her and lets her get away with a lot, which is difficult because he needs to tell her off! But they'll get there. She only play fights but she's much bigger than him now and he needs to man-up ;)

There's so much bee poo on my windscreen again!!! Think I'm going to make my windscreen wash a bit stronger and see if that helps. The wipers are great at moving water (I couldn't really see out of my Peugeot if it was raining ;)) but does bugger all with spots/dirt/bee poo. Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated! The rest of the car can be filthy, I don't care, but not the windscreen!! Drives me nuts....

I let Tim drive Sven around their block - they're on a very new, only partly built estate so hardly anyone around anyway. He has serious car envy!! How the tables have turned ;) They have a Skoda Fabia, which I love and first got me interested in Skoda. But Tim's wanted a Citigo for about the same time I have. We've been talking about them for about 18months!! He fell in love with it straight away, couldn't believe the size of it from the inside, it is like a Tardis, honestly, I don't know how they've done it. Wizardry I expect! But yeah, they both love it. I took Caz for a drive last time but Tim hadn't even seen him. So now he's very jealous and almost instantly changed his mind about keeping theirs and paying off the balloon payment LOL. Caz desperately wants one.

Just had a very nice late tea. Defrosted a tub of roasted veg ratatouille and added some fresh spinach to it with wholemeal pasta and a Quorn steak. SO nice!!

Oh and I resisted little home made custard and strawberry tarts that Caz had made *halo*

I feel really good about today :) xx

Last edited:
Back