Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Well today went really well until about 4pm then it just went t*ts up lol! This evening was horrendous. How I hate being the emergency person on a Saturday!!! Also, who wanders in to an emergency clinic, with no appointment, for a dog with an itchy f*cking ear?!!!
It wasn't helped by work being hotter than hell!! The only place the air-con was working was in prep and at reception. I spent most of my time in consult, the lab, and isolation. I must have sweated away at least a stone today. You could have rung out my scrubs! Absolutely disgusting ;)
Have drank even more than normal to try and get back some fluids.

I hopped on the scales this morning and got a shock. 76.2kg. The lightest I have been this year :eek: :D Couldn't believe it!! Could it be that more daily syns is better for me?? My theory is that because my body is constantly struggling and trying to find energy that if I feed it well and make sure it has enough good food and calories that it may not feel the need to hold on to it as much? Totally going against the theory of fasting like. And I'm sure I could make a difference with fasting, but at the cost of my body freaking me out and making me feel worse? It will be interesting to see over the next couple of weeks if that pays off wont it?
Or I could just be talking balls and its a bit of a fluke that will go back on next week!!

Anyway, half watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes - if I get too involved I'll end up with a tension headache ;)
Oh, seen as the new one's out on general release now I can share my short review:
Nothing will ever be as nightmarish as an angry ape, riding a horse, firing two automatic weapons. That is going to stay with me :p

Last edited:
Well done on the loss :bliss:maybe daily syns is better for your body, like you said it could be because you're not restricting yourself on any day your body has started using the calories instead of holding on to them.
Must have been a day of awful shifts yesterday, I had one of those and I was duty manager so it was down to me to sort it all :( Hoping you have a better day today and working is kinder to you x x x

Food's gone a bit off track. It was so hot in work and I was so stressed and I actually forgot about the other Benefit and didn't want my banana or Dinosaur biscuits - wtf?!!! So enjoying some southern fried burgers tonight :D Got some choccy and a little bottle of wine :D

Work was mental and I was everywhere and doing everything. One of our vets royally f*cked me off. I was supposed to be on the front, but we were so busy I spent a lot of time in the back helping out. We usually say to the consulting vet if they need us, they know where we are. Anyway, was running round like a lunatic all day, but this vet wasn't in till 2pm and missed the worst of it. After my lunch, about 4:30, I had a look at the appointment list and realised he had a lot of pts' and potential ones booked in. So I went to the front and said I thought I'd pop by and give him a hand because I'd checked the list. He just looked at me and in his b*stard, condescending voice said "Well, you are supposed to be around the front you know, not helping out in the back all the time" In the end I got Becci to help him and I stuck with the other vet instead or I would have lost my temper.

Not only was I doing 2 vca's worth of work and a lot of nursing and cleaning everywhere, but he didn't see how utterly sh*t it had been that morning or what I had been doing. SO ANGRY!!!! :mad:

It was also very hot and I got covered in a LOT of "stuff" and ended up sweating and shaking and just rubbish. At one point I was knee deep in bagged bodies looking for a dog for a lady who'd changed her mind about what type of cremation she wanted. I am bloody good at my job and I hate it when people say crap like this to me!!!! I always try my best and try and go above an beyond. Just, grrr....

Trying not to get too excited about the loss! I guess we shall see :)

Anyway, tea time....x

Last edited:
Stupid vet, he needs to get off his high horse and realise you were doing the best for the practise by helping where needed instead of just sticking to your job. He was being an grateful so and so!!
I've not been hot once yet this year, my internal thermostat has gone haywire, I've even been cold????
Are you off today? If so I hope you catch up with some rest x x x

Ooh - well done on the super new low weight! Fingers crossed it sticks (at worse) but (even better) still continues to drop. With all your rushing around over the last couple of days you deserve a further loss but I know your problems mean you rarely get what you deserve.

Agree with Barbette - the stupid, ignorant ungrateful so and so. He'd probably have been the first to complain if you'd stuck rigidly to front of house - not surprised you were angry.

Hope you've calmed down now and are not suffering too much from your long days. They must be so hard, particularly when it's hot.

I stoked a barn owl on Saturday! An owl rescue place was in Skipton, touting for donations, and they had a number of different types of owls with them. The barn owl was a real softie - loved being stoked under its 'chin' whilst snuggling under the handler's chin with its eyes closed in bliss! It was also rather like a cheeky toddler, giving the impression of looking for mischief (when it wasn't blissed out)! Loved it.

Monday food.

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Cheesy scrambled eggs with red onion, mushrooms, and sweet peppers (half HexA1)
Beans with spinach and cherry tomatoes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
2 Quorn Turk'y burgers topped with chilli gherkins and cheese (HexA2)
Tomato Pasta N Sauce
Veg bag - broccoli, carrots, and sweetcorn
Beetroot

Snack:
Cocoa Delight Nakd (7)
1 Benefit Light and 1 Alpen Light (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 8
Syns saved: 7

Exercise:
Full clean on the bunny hutches & runs
45mins/2.3miles dog walking - 30mins with Dave and 15 with Ellie. Clinging to the shade like a vampire and covered in factor 30 ;)

Last edited:
Argh!
Had a whole post deleted coz the forum spazzed out! Grrrr!

Thanks for the lovely posts guys. I'm still really annoyed at the vets attitude from work. He's our permanent weekend vet and has been since I started working there. So it's not like he doesn't know what goes on, how things work, what jobs we do, etc... It just felt like he thought I was hanging out chatting to Becci, rather than doing work. Whereas in reality I was doing ALL her work and mine! And being a nurse. FFS
I don't really know what to do about the weekend problems. I might write a short statement type thing and try and speak to my boss. Just fed up of working so hard for no recognition and being treated like I'm lazy! Because clearly they have no idea!

Work is so hot at the moment! The aircon isn't working in most of the hospital - literally just two areas. And it has to be warm in certain bits for the animals. But it's ridiculous at the moment and far, far too hot. if you can be sitting perfectly still, doing nothing, and still have sweat dripping off you, it is too hot!! I don't do well in heat anyway, never have, and it makes me quite ill. So it's been a nightmare this weekend.
Apparently last summer when I was off they allowed the people working in the back to just wear vests instead of their scrub tops. People were off work sick and suffering from heat stroke and stuff. Aren't their rules about temperatures allowed in a work environment?! Meh!

I am off today, but in my usual way I've not really had a chilled out day lol. I broke my tradition of staying at home after a working weekend today so that I could go and buy The Lego Movie from Sainsbury's :D I've also done full cleans on the bunnies, walked the hounds, hoovered, and put some washing on.
The walks were really nice. I took Dave to one of the local parks, up on to the trail, and then through another park. I took Ellie up the hill where there's a bit of space and I knew it would be quite shaded. I clung to the shade any way, in my vampire ways, and have been covered in factor 30 ;) Nice walks though!
And I emptied and refilled Ellie's paddling pool when we got back, so she's happy! Dave's annoyed because I have to bathe his feet :p

I'm suffering a bit today, but not as much as I should be!! I can feel the pain building now, but I do think I've gotten off lightly considering how strenuous my weekend has been.

Aww Patty I love owls!! Barn owls are so cute.
I have a bit of a soft spot for birds of prey and I worked with them a fair bit in my old practice. I even assisted on a surgery on a Peregrine Falcon! I've wanted to do a falconry course for ages and I know Caz does too. We need to have a proper look and try and sort it out and go together :)
Tim and Caz had a Barn Owl as the ring bearer at their wedding - have you seen the pic of me with it?
And we had one of these little critters in work recently, a Little Owl :)
little_owl_22_new_web_.jpg

Right, going to feed the dogs, feed me, and watch Lego :D xx

Forgot to say. Have had a LOT of results through today. Mostly practicals, which I have passed, but also got 3 distinctions and 2 merits for written work. Looks like I have one practical and the two exams left to be marked. Eeeek!! So close! Getting a bit nervous now!

My nurses watched finally arrived as well. I ordered a bunny one ;) xx

Tuesday food:
I'm meeting a couple of work friends tonight for tea. We're giving Sue her engagement gift :) I've managed to convince them to go to Harvester again and I am absolutely determined to stick to plan. I'm going to go for the goats cheese pasta shells, but have as much of the salad bar as I want - might have one or two of the little wholemeal rolls. But I'm going to try really, really hard to avoid any dessert!! I might get there a bit early and get a coffee in Starbucks and read for a bit too :)
So the plan is to use saved syns and all of today's. I'm having a Hex free lunch to save them for this evening too.

Lunch: Big fruit salad!
Banana, apricot, raspberries, blueberries, and cherries.
1tsp of maple syrup (0.5)
Shape 0%

Tea at Harvester:
Goats cheese and broccoli pasta shells. HexB1 for any oil used and HexA2 for cheese - it's neither oil or cheese heavy, but just in case.
SALAD BAR!!!!! :D 2 bowls, but tried not to go overboard on coleslaw and potato salad and chose low cal dressing.
No bread or dessert :eek:

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke/Pepsi. Starbucks Medium Mocha Frappacino Light (part HexA1 + 3 syns I think)

Syns used: All of today's and saved ones. Just in case.

Last edited:
Wow - great results; well done! Hope you're not kept waiting too long for the final marks.

You sound very organised and determined about this evening. Practice saying 'no thanks' to the dessert (in your head, of course) - the visualisation does help, I find. Whatever happens, have a lovely time.

What I need to do tonight is avoid the meal deal, if I do that then I wont want dessert - because it'll cost me a lot more to pay for drink, meal, and dessert separately! So, if I stick to my planned main it'll be fine :)
Trying to decide whether to spend 5 syns on a Frappacino at Starbucks or go syn free for a black coffee. 5 syns isn't a lot tho, esp as I have 21.5 syns to spend today. Hmmmm.... Will see how I feel when I get there.

No more results today. COME ON!!! I need the exam results in case I need to re-sit. They really should have been done first! Worried I wont get a distinction now as I got a couple of merits I wasn't expecting. We shall see I suppose.

Just had a nice Lush shower - all rose products! And I'm catching up with the Wright Stuff before I need to go out. It's gotten much hotter here in the last hour. Very glad I decided to do lazy-curly hair and not blow dry and straighten. I may have melted to death. Besides, wavy hair goes better with my surfer girl type outfit. Yes, sometimes I can be a girl ;)

Well I did have my synful-ish drink at Starbucks :) I didn't get the drink I asked for, but turns out the one I got is less calories LOL! And very nice it was too. Wasn't coconutty though, which was what I bloody asked for ;)
The Coconut Mocha Frap light medium is 221 calories (suppose you could be very naughty and assume your whole skimmed milk HexA is in that and take off 120 ;))
And the one I got, the Mocha Frap light medium is 143 cals! Anyway, seen as I'm giving all my syns to today it doesn't really matter, but I do feel a bit more saintly!

I DID stick to my planned meal. But had no bread as they only had white rolls *polishes halo* I did have 2 bowls of salad but tried to keep the amount of coleslaw and potato salad lower than normal. But anyway, all syns given to today.
But seen as I didn't have any bread I'm having a Chewy Delight with a coffee while I watch old Mock the Weeks ;) xx

Wednesday food: Back to work and on a bloody late. It's the silly 3hr one as well, so 5-8!

Lunch: Scandi Sandwiches
Egg mayo with cheese (0.5 for mayo & half HexA1)
2 free Linda M sausages
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
Salad: spinach, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, and beetroot
Aldi Cheese Curls (3)

Break at work:
1 Benefit bar (half HexB2)

Tea:
Portion of veggie, Quorn, dahl curry with some extra spinach
Chinese rice
Soy sauce
Beetroot

Snack:
Graze Love Cake (5)
1 Alpen light (rest of HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 8.5
Syns saved: 6.5

Exercise: 3hrs in work
Cleaning the bunnies.

Last edited:
Just checked my course grades board and I've passed both of those exams. First time 100%!!!!!! One of them wasn't actually a 100% pass one but I did it anyway. ZOMG! ;)
Just the practical left to mark. Wonder how long it will take for me to get my final score/mark?! Exciting and a bit scary!

I've spent most of today going "It's too hot!!"
Work was horrendously hot again today. It was quite funny for us all to keep saying "It's too hot" every time we walked past someone. It wasn't too bad this evening tho. The phone wasn't too busy and we didn't see that many clients really.
Had a good laugh when we checked the waiting list and spotted this wonderful dog "Walk-in Penis" LOL!! Which means they were a walk-in, so no appointment, and he had a problem with his penis. Which he indeed did, but I love checking the reasons for appointments :D So that was a good laugh for a while.

Spoke to my boss briefly to update her on the course. It's painful waiting now, it really is. Just one last thing!!

Got a new Graze box today and one of the tubs is their new Love Cake, so I'm having that tonight :)

Just watching the opening ceremony for the commonwealth.x

Thursday: I think today is going to be a bit of a superfree frenzy lol! An EE day as well. I've kept half the tuna mix for tomorrow. I learnt last time a whole tin was far too much. So being sensible today.

Morning break:
Red grapes, raspberries, and blueberries
Shape 0%

Lunch:
Tuna, sweetcorn, red onion, sweet peppers, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Wholemeal moose pasta
Side salad - mangetout, cucumber, plum cherry tomatoes, and beetroot
A few slices of watermelon

Tea:
1 free Quorn burger topped with chilli gherkins and cheese (HexA1)
Seasoned normal and sweet potato chunks
Roasted sweet onion, peppers, courgette, and posh little tomatoes
Spinach
Beetroot
Extra light mayo, tomato sauce, and mustard (1.5)
1 slice of wholemeal bread (half HexB)

Snack:
Alpen Light (rest of HexB)
Cocoa Loco Nakd (5)

Drinks: Coffee. LOTS of squash. Coke Zero. 1ltr of water as well!

Syns used: 7
Syns saved: 14.5

Exercise:
4hrs at work.
De-poo'ing the garden
45mins/1.9 (almost 2!) miles dog walking.
A pointless round trip to Aldi. Less than 10mins but it at least took me over the 2 mile mark for the day lol

Last edited:
Well done on your results that have come trough, I hope the rest follow quickly, I'm sure the overall score will be really good :D
You're doing well with your food this week, I'm just like blurgh, can not be bothered lol.
I hope it cools down for you soon so you're not boiling to death at work and I hope you have a good day x x x

Just checked my course grades board and I've passed both of those exams. First time 100%!!!!!! One of them wasn't actually a 100% pass one but I did it anyway. ZOMG! ;)
Just the practical left to mark. Wonder how long it will take for me to get my final score/mark?! Exciting and a bit scary!

Oh well done!!!

Got the practical result through earlier. Passed it. Soooooooo just waiting for final result!!!! Eeeeeep!!

Food's been great today and I must have drank absolute gallons, but have a really horrible headache so think I'm going to go to bed.
I took the dogs out before and thought I'd picked a good time. It was overcast and really windy. About 10mins in to Dave's walk the sun reappeared and it just got hotter and hotter and hotter!! I can't quite explain how sweaty I was lol. Seriously clung to the shadows today! I didn't want to take Ellie out as it was so hot, but she'd have been really anxious and confused if I hadn't so was a very quick 10mins mostly in the shade. IT'S SO HOT!!!!

Work is still very very hot. But I was lucky today and was working with a nurse I really like and we were surprisingly ok in kennels. I even helped cover theatre prep and took the kennel line phone and did a billion trips to the lab lol. Don't think we'll be so lucky tomorrow, but it's Friday so it doesn't matter and I go home at 1 ;)

Right, night everyone.xx

Back