Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

We've been hoping to go away since the beginning of the year. We've both had the time booked off work. I just wasn't sure how well my savings would recover after 8 months off work and stuff kept getting in the way for both of us. But we've been researching all week and decided to go ahead with it. We both really could do with some time away :)
This is where we're staying Booking.com: Apartamentos Sol, Costa Teguise, Spain - 229 Guest reviews. Book your hotel now!

Also looking at secure parking at the car park. It would cost us roughly £40 each way in a taxi to the airport or £30+ each for taxi and then train. But the "meet & greet" secure parking is around £55. John said him and his Dad have used it loads and it's an excellent service. I'm a bit worried about leaving my Car, but if John's Dad trusts them with his BMW then I think I can trust them with mine lol!! Plus, they're both fussy ******* so I can't imagine they'd recommend me it if it wasn't anything but excellent. And it'll be cheaper, even with petrol, than the other 2 options. Something to definitely think about anyway.

Wow an 80th birthday is quite a milestone :D And an excellent excuse for a celebration!! xx

Last edited:
Sounds like you've had a good weekend. A holiday to look forward to could help keep you on track and it's more than deserved. I'm hoping if Ian goes back to work we could perhaps have a week away over here somewhere next year.
I hope you have a good week at work and it isn't too bad x x x

Nothig like a holiday to keep you motivated for weight loss :D (and then eat too much ice cream and get really demotivated after LOL)
Sounds great :D yay!

Monday food. An EE day to start the week :)

Morning break:
Pink Lady apple

Lunch:
Tuna with red onion, sweetcorn, red & yellow peppers, and extra light mayo (1)
Wholemeal moose pasta
Mixed leaf and spinach salad with cucumber, plum cherry tomatoes, and beetroot
Cheese (half HexA)

Tea:
3 free Quorn sausages
Smash with horseradish sauce (1)
Fried onions and mushrooms
Carrots, peas, green beans, and cauliflower
Gravy (3)

Snack:
Aldi Wacko biscuit (5)
Chewy Delight (HexB)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash.

Syns used: 10
Syns saved: 5

Exercise:
4hrs at work.
40mins/1.8miles with Dave
20mins/about 1 mile with Ellie

Last edited:
I feel a bit nervous about the holiday. I don't know why!! Be nice to go away for a bit.
The car trip last year was lots of fun, but probably ended up costing about double what we'll be paying for Lanzarote!! Might do a road trip next year some time. I'd really like to see The Eden Project and the nice one's from Mum's family live down there.
I didn't say on here, but Mum's family had a HUGE blow up argument with actual violence!! I wont go in to it, but I'm not surprised this has happened and the best outcome of it would be if my Nan and my Mum's other sister's just leave us and the family in Cornwall alone....
Mum wasn't involved btw. It happened when my Nan and one of my aunties were visiting and staying with the ones in Cornwall. Same old sh*t but it just blew up!

But yes, nothing quite like knowing you'll have to get your wobbly bits out on the beach to motivate you lol I doubt very much I'll be wobbly bits free, but slightly less would be good.
I would like to try swimming again, but I think I'll wait till the kids go back to school. So I think my fitness plan for the time being is dog walking this month and maybe try and throw in some very small, gentle jogs occasionally. And then when the pools wont be full of horrible kids I'll give swimming a go.
I love swimming so would like to build up some fitness and stamina with it before I go on holiday. I'd be really upset if I got there and I wasn't strong or fit enough to swim!!
So, seems like an alright plan right? :)

Work was crazy this morning. I was on an early and ended up running dispensary by myself as we were short on nurses. It's such a stressful bit to work in. I did fall apart a couple of times, but mostly kept it running smoothly-ish with minimum waiting time.
I did have one woman shout at me through the window telling me she'd waited long enough and would be back later. I'd love to see someone get their meds at a chemist or at a hospital in under 5 minutes.....

Anyway, just had lunch and I'm watching Neighbours. Got Davey a play date with Martin and his dog Daisy in a bit. They've not met before and Daisy's quite dominant, so that should be fun ;) Dave is better with dominant girls than he is with dominant boys. We'll see! Something different anyway :) Oh and some miles!

Think I did just over 9miles dog walking last week.xx

Nice afternoon with Martin and the dogs. They got on relatively well, especially for a first meeting and meeting on Daisy's territory! But they did alright and we had a nice walk and a relax after.
Martin's leant me a Nexus 4 to see if I really do want an Android phone. And it kinda is a mini version of my Nexus 7 and it's pretty easy to use! It transferred most of my stuff from my nexus without me asking it too anyway. So got that for a bit :)

Had a comfort food tea. I really didn't know what I wanted and Mum was making sausage and mash so I did too.x

People are so inpatient sometimes, if it was the other way round they wouldn't like it. They're like that at work and they can see you're busy and doing your best but they just don't care, annoys me greatly. Sounds like you did a good job :)
You sound so focused at the minute, with good plans for your food and exercise wish I was :(
Glad you enjoyed Dave's play date x x x x

Tuesday food. Another EE day. Two to start the week should help right?! ;) Only half a HexA again today. But I have had a yogurt and 2 portions of cottage cheese, so should be ok calcium wise I guess. I'm sure a couple of low dairy days wont really matter. Hopefully!

Morning break at work:
Small tub of red grapes, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
Shape 0%

Lunch:
BIG jacket spud
Leftover tuna with onions, peppers, and sweetcorn in (1)
Cottage cheese
Cheese (Half HexA)
Salad - mixed leaves, spinach, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, and super low cal dressing (it's from the Co-Op and it's 10cals for 1tbsp, which I would never use!)

Tea:
Portion of chickpea dahl - Quorn pieces, onion, mushroom, butternut squash, and spinach
Wild and white rice
Cottage cheese
Salad leaves

Snack:
Benefit Lights (HexB)
Cocoa Orange Nakd (7)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 8
Syns saved: 12

Exercise:
4hrs at work.
55mins/2.5miles walking with Dave
18mins/0.9miles walking with Ellie
Cleaning out the bunnies.

Last edited:
People being so impatient and rude wind me up SO much!! There really is no need to be so horrible to someone, especially if they're trying to help you! People are just horrible though aren't they?! The bloody general public eh ;)

I do feel quite focused. I think it's good having these mini goals and things to look forward to. I'm going to London next weekend and Lanzarote in 2 months time. And building on my fitness is really important to me too. I would really quite like some of the old me back!

I've downloaded the walking app for this phone Martin's leant me. It's by the same company but instead of it just being MapMyWalk it's actually a dog walking version :D MapMyDogWalk. Going to try it out later and hopefully the better phone and newer app will be more accurate for my walks. I do love a good exercise app ;)

Dave's a bit quiet today. Hoping he's just a bit tired. Will see how he is on the walk in a bit. xx

Ooof we went all out walking today lol! I drove up to the woods so Dave could have more time in there, but I drove to the bottom entrance (snerk) so we had to walk up quite a steep hill to get on to the fields in front of the woods. T'was good! And the app works really well :D
We did 2.5miles in 56mins Walked the dog 2.51 mi on 05/08/2014 on 08/05/2014 | WALKING Training Log Entry | MapMyWalk

And I walked Ellie up a hill too, so my thighs are killing me :p We did almost 0.9miles in 18mins http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/677096723
Some very sad news though. Saddam has died :( I don't know why, but he has. Found him in his sleeping area. And now I have to tell my friend. I feel so, so awful :'(

Last edited:
That's awful, poor Saddam. You're not having any luck with your bunnies at the moment, I'm sure it's nothing you've done you look after you animals better than most people.

Well done all the walking you're doing really well :D

I read a meme once saying everyone should work in a customer service job at least once in their life, that way they'd learn some manners. I totally agree, they might realise what it's like to be on the other end of ill manners and think twice.

I hope Dave has perked up a bit x x x

I assume Saddam's age was against me, as he was over 7 years old!! But I feel so awful that it's happened so soon. I can't imagine what I could have done better or differently and he seemed so happy! I've text my friend to tell her and explained I wanted to wait until she got home. I hope she's ok. It would be awful if we fell out or if she was angry. I just feel awful :(

My legs are killing meeeeeeee! Lol. I wont be walking them at the weekend though as I'm working, so need to get my miles in before then ;) Will just do short, close to home walks tomorrow afternoon. I'm going out with Michelle in the evening so wont have time for longer walks. Could do with a sort of *rest* day.

People's expectations are ridiculous aren't they?! You only need to look at the likes of Trip Advisor!! Like the review I saw for an apartments in Lanzarote - awful, awful score and scathing review. Why? They'd been provided with quite small cups and prefer to drink from mugs..... Says everything that does't it?! lol!
All my jobs have been customer service based in some way and I totally agree with you on that. But then some people are just mean and horrible for the fun of it it seems ;) Lol!

Dave is much happier now. He perked up about halfway through our walk. Dunno what's up with him. Maybe feeling a bit battered from his encounter with Daisy yesterday. He's such a delicate dog ;) xx

It sounds as though Dave's shy and once he realised the walk was just you and him he felt happier! So sad about Saddam, but I guess 7 is a good age for a rabbit.

I always take poor comments on TripAdvisor etc with a large pinch of salt. I think some people are 'professional complainers' and hope to be given free return visits, free foods or whatever by the people they're criticising. Agree about customer service - I'm ashamed to say I used to be a bit impatient (but never rude) at a checkout if there was a delay (barcode not scanning, till roll running out etc.) but working in a M&S food hall made me much more tolerant!

Dave isn't shy, he just doesn't seem to appreciate being repeatedly jumped on and humped by dogs bigger than him. He's probably feeling rather battered! Didn't stop him saying hello to a number of dogs today tho.
He is quite 'delicate' though and does have a sensitive tummy and his allergies are bad at the moment. Even so, he was surprisingly quiet today! Poor little dude.

Rabbits should be able to live till they're around 10. But, as always, he was a stray before my friend got him so who knows how old he actually is. Have spoken to her via text and sorted out what she would like me to arrange for her - private cremation :)

Trip Advisor makes me laugh, it really does!! When you get a good one it's great, but when it's bad I love reading in to it and thinking "What a d*ck you are!" and it's even better when the place they're badly reviewing argues back ;) I'm a proper Trip Advisor reviewer and will always try and find positives and not go in to too much about the bad - unless it's truly terrible!
I mean one hotel in Majorca had consistant reviews saying that, basically if you ate there you would die from food poisoning. So I kinda took notice of that lol!!

I think we all have our impatient moments and I am quite prone to the odd sweary road-rage moment. Me, swear? Surely not ;) But yeah I think some people need a serious lesson in social skills and manners! Or a good ol' poke in the eye ..... I take some of my customer service training from Basil Fawlty and Bernard Black.... Oh yeah!! Hahahaha!

Me and the mothership had an unscheduled cinema trip this evening. Mum's choice, but to be fair we had seen EVERYTHING else, was Hercules. Which I expected to be awful, but it was actually quite good. I think Dwayne's skirt got shorter with each scene - budget cuts?! ;) But a surprisingly alright film!
I was starving so took a Nakd bar and a Benefit Light with me so I wouldn't be tempted by sweeties. Worked well!! How I love Nakd bars!! Hated them with a fiery passion when I tried them a few years ago, but love them now. How we change eh?

Will catch up on the depressing news and then head to bed. Switching from an early to a middle shift tomorrow so get an extra hour in bed. Get in!!! :D

Night all and thank you for the lovely, kind messages.xx

Sorry to hear about Saddam :( how do you think your friend took it? I'm sure it wasnt your fault at all, could have been stressed to be moved to a different place adding to other problems?

Your mapped walks are so inspiring? You should totally do some measurements, especially thighs/waist as I bet if you keep this up there will be quite a difference- and inches lost is way more exciting than kg in my eyes :D I really need to get out walking more, just thinking of how great it was that all the walking in theme parks in Florida helped combat being off plan so well!
X

Thanks matey. You can't help but think you did something wrong when an animal dies, especially if you haven't had it long. But I guess it just happens! I probably come across as quite unlucky with rabbits, but they're all strays and I have no idea of age or pre-existing illnesses or anything. So I am generally setting myself up for a fail!
My friend took it very well. I've sorted out the cremation today so he'll come back to her. I didn't feel he was "mine" so wanted to go with what she wanted. She's one of my closest friends at work and she's also one of the most realistic people I work with - she often all out argues with vets over "Just because we can, doesn't mean we should!". We know the score, but it's still sh*t isn't it? Poor little old man! And Anya alone again *eye roll*
I probably wont look for a friend for Anya again just yet. I might not get one and have them mixed in time for me to go on holiday and I don't want anyone else having to deal with that! So she'll have to be a widow for now!

Ah I can't be a*sed with measurements lol! I never do it right and they're always vastly different. I'll go by weight and how my clothes fit :)
I love that app, especially the new one that works properly on this new phone lol! Tis good! I love seeing where we walked, the pace, distance, etc.. It does a calories burned calculation based on my stats, but not sure how accurate that is. Fun to look at tho!

Work was a bit (a lot) mental again today. I didn't sleep very well again last night and was a bit blurry eyed when I got in. Got some anaesthetic practice done with one of my favourite nurses and vets. From start to finish I monitored a doggy having a big lump from it's leg to be sent away for histo. And also to have it's ears checked and flushed. I also prepped the dog for surgery and picked all the bits & bobs we need for that :)
I only got to do the one though because after our break one of the other VCA's got sent home as she couldn't stop vomiting! So I took over from her and we were so short staffed I volunteered to stay to cover the lunch break and help out - brownie points and gold stars from the head vet and nurse. Oh yeah ;) Only ended up staying 45mins extra, until my boss (head nurse) got in and released me lol. Happy to help!
We have a massive Parvo outbreak at the moment and it's horrific. We've run out of space in isolation, so have potential Parvo dogs in main kennels. We have sectioned off part pf kennels and also the yard so that only those particular dogs can be in that area. We've got like shoe baths and barrier nursing gear all set up, but the whole situation is ridiculous. We're having to call up anyone who has a dog booked in for an op who isn't vaccinated and re-book it. Far too risky right now!! We're even seeing dogs with the virus who are vaccinated. Scary stuff that!! It's so bad right now :(

Have had a BIG lunch as I was starving and I'm also going to do a double bill at the cinema with Michelle later, so won't get my tea until about 11 probably!! Going to buy a nice yogurt and some fruit to take the cinema tho. Maybe a Nakd bar too :)
I'm enjoying eating so much right now!! I'm so glad I've pushed myself to make some changes and not eat exactly the same things every day.
Really enjoying the walking too. Wish the pain would do one, but hopefully it may lead to slightly healthier muscles and stuff and maybe eventually cut down on some pain as I get stronger? So it wont be such a shock to my system when I do do stuff. If that makes sense? Keep moving, and moving more to keep me fit. I think that makes sense.... Lol

We'll probably do a fair bit of walking in Lanzarote. And I really hope to get in a lot of swimming too. We'll see :) x

Wednesday food.

Morning break at work:
Pink Lady apple

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
Little seasoned potato chunks
Beans with spinach and cherry tomatoes
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms and red pepper (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

At the cinema:
Apple, grapes, and strawberry fruit salad
Passion fruit Danio (1.5)

Tea:
2 veggie burgers (2)
Fried red onion and peppers
Gherkins
Spinach
Cheese (HexA2)
Wholemeal bread (HexB2)

Snack:
Pineapple
Banana Bread Nakd (4.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash.

Syns used: 9
Syns saved: 18

Exercise:
3hrs45mins at work.
30mins/1.5miles walk with Dave
20mins/0.9miles walk with Ellie

Last edited:
Got a bit carried away walking the dogs again. We did stay local, but we ended up doing different routes and each dog was out for quite a bit longer than I'd planned lol!

Davey's walk was 30mins and we covered 1.5miles Walked the dog 1.53 mi on 06/08/2014 on 08/06/2014 | WALKING Training Log Entry | MapMyWalk
And Ellie's was 20mins and we covered 0.9miles. Had to wait aaaaaaaages to cross a busy road though so it's ruined my pace stats :p Walked the dog 0.89 mi on 06/08/2014 on 08/06/2014 | WALKING Training Log Entry | MapMyWalk
Dave's walk had a couple of small hills, but Ellie's was much hillier ..... my poor hips! Lol

Back