Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

You did well then if you kept your hungry day under control and didn't give in to all the naughty stuff. If I'm having a hungry day I usually crave carbs and fruit and veg just don't cut it.
Hope you're having a good day x x x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Will do a proper update tomorrow. Ended a nice day with a very stressful trip to work with a poorly bunny! Rushed her in because she had discharge coming from her nose and was sneezing. Vet thinks, hopefully, it's an upper respiratory infection and as she's already clearing out the snotty stuff a course of antibiotics should sort her. Twice a day for a week - oh the joy!

Today I have stayed on plan despite stupid bloody animals, a trip to Dobbies garden centre (Mum had a scone and I had a fat free yogurt!), a small shop in M&S, a quick stop at McDonald's for mum to grab a chicken wrap as she was all wibbly, AND the cinema. How, I don't know! But there you have it.
Just having some Weetabix and then heading to bed. In work in the morning!!!

A bit of a busy morning at work. In kennels with a nurse I don't get on with too well, but it wasn't too bad really. Just busy!
Had to tell my boss that I took an un-registered animal in to work last night. Not best pleased!! But I also offered to swap my lieu day from tomorrow to next Wednesday to help out with us being so short staffed this week. She said no at first, but came back to me a bit later and say it would really help. So in 3 hours tomorrow morning to help out :) Gotta score brownie points somewhere haven't you?! ;)

I'm knackered today. Hardly slept last night worrying about Peggy and work. Had a nice big lunch - most definitely needed it! And catching up with Neighbours. Going to take the dogs for a short walk each, get a shower, and then relax. Peggy's meds are twice daily so she'll hate me by the end of the week :p

Tuesday food.

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Beans with plum cherry tomatoes and spinach
Cheesy scrambled eggs with onions, red & yellow peppers (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Bbq sauce (1)

Tea:
M&S roasted veg lasagne (3) withe extra cheese (rest of HexA1)
Veg bag - butternut squash, broccoli, and green beans
Extra broccoli
A few new potatoes made in to potato salad (0.5)

Snack:
Toffee yogurt
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Cocoa Mint Nakd (7)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash.

Syns used: 11.5
Syns saved: 12

Exercise:
4hrs at work
18mins/0.9miles walk with Ellie
30mins/1.3miles walk with Dave

Last edited:
Wow I was SO tired this morning!! I very very much regretted being nice and swapping a lieu day lol. But I was thanked more than once and told I was a big help, so I suppose that's ok. Very busy theatre day today - the ops board ran off the board and we had to stick a bit of paper to the bottom to carry on the list!! Eeeep!! Glad I was outta there at 12 ;)

I'm off out to the cinema with Mum later so I thought I'd walk the dogs when I got back from work. At least it's not ridiculously hot in the middle of the day at the moment. Gives you so much more freedom on dog walking times!! I walked Ellie first and braved the closest park. Only one dog in it and he kept away from us. She was quite happy and had a bit of a skip round :)
Came back and got Dave and Rachelle came with us :) Went to one park, round that, up on to the trail, and around the next park. Nice afternoon strolls :)

Peggy's doing ok. No sign of discharge and I've not seen her sneeze. She was a bit quiet this morning, but might just be because they're not used to me going out so early.

Going to see Daniel Radcliff's new film later. Taking fruit and a yogurt with me. We're going tomorrow as well!!!x

Ellie skipping in the park
elliepark.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday food - EE day

Morning break at work:
Tangerine

Lunch:
Tuna mixed with onion, red & yellow peppers, sweetcorn, and extra light mayo (1)
Moose shaped wholemeal pasta
Cheese (Half HexA)
Salad - butterhead salad, spinach, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes

At the cinema:
Bugger all

Tea:
Portion of Quorn & veg chickpea dahl with some added spinach, chopped up Quorn fillet, and peppers
Pouch of Aldi Pilau microwave rice (1)
Cottage cheese
Bit of salad
1 slice of wholemeal bread (half HexB)

Snack:
1 Benefit Light (rest of HexB)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash. Options made with Kara milk (rest of HexA + 2)

Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 23

Exercise:
3hrs at work
20mins/1.1miles walk with Ellie Walked the dog 1.09 mi on 27/08/2014 on 08/27/2014 | WALKING Training Log Entry | MapMyWalk
30mins/1.5miles walk with Dave Walked the dog 1.44 mi on 27/08/2014 on 08/27/2014 | WALKING Training Log Entry | MapMyWalk

Last edited:
So glad you were thanked - it makes a big difference when you know you're appreciated! Pleased Peggy seems to be doing OK; seeing her poorly must have been awful so soon after Saddam and Rocco.

Ellie certainly seems to have been enjoying her walk. Aren't you good taking those healthy snacks to the cinema! Your willpower seems to be awfully strong at the present time.

Hey Patty!
I was worried about Peggy as I'd seen two cases of myxomatosis in work last week and my bunnies vaccines have lapsed. So absolutely terrified! Have already ordered the vaccines, just need to be able to take them in. Peggy can't have hers till she's better and finished her treatment tho :( She seems to be doing ok, but still a little quiet. Hope the antibiotics aren't making her feel sick. She's still eating and drinking tho.

I'm really worried about Ellie's legs. She's not coping as well as I'd hoped with the addition of extra meds. But, hoping if we get back in to a routine of very short walks with her she'll build up her tolerance and mobility - a bit like me :) Almost 20mins is probably a bit too long for her really. The park we went to today is the closest one to us and we don't go often. Otherwise it's just pavement walking. She's happy to just be out, but I do like to try and keep it interesting for them. I never walk the same route two days in a row with either dog tho!

Sorry, went off on one then. Just worried about them! Dave's foot is still being stubborn and refusing to get better as well. Gah!!

I actually didn't end up eating my snack at the cinema. I only took the fruit with me, didn't fancy a yogurt, and then didn't feel like the fruit either. So survived the cinema with just a black coffee - even though Mum had sweeties!! And still offered me some even though she knows that a) I am trying to be really good food wise. And b) THEY HAVE GELATIN IN THEM AND I HAVEN'T EATEN GELATIN IN OVER 15 YEARS!!!!!!!! *deep breath* ;)

Also had to add extra bits to my curry because the portion I'd left myself was pitiful and it didn't even have any Quorn bits in!!!!! *sigh*

Another food change!! Really didn't feel like anything else to eat, so keeping my Nakd bar for another day. They're too expensive to eat for the sake of it ;)

Feeling a bit down and also quite sick. I think I know what's the cause, but there's not much I can do about it. Watched a horror to take my mind off things :p The Haunting in Connecticut 2. Was surprisingly good!! I do like the first one and worried the 2nd would be bad. But it's a really good storyline! 4 stars I reckon. And *spoiler alert* the dog survives!!!!!!!!

I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got an email through for my results. Only got a bloody merit so I'm majorly p*ssed off ;) But I did the course, I passed, got a decent grade, and am now a qualified VCA! When my certificate arrives I need to start the process of making me a VCA thru work - head office need my certificate and then I need to sign a new contract. Eeeep!
But yup, I'm a fully qualified Veterinary Care Assistant :D

Plus, because I'm such a nice person, I went to pick Rachelle up from work today. John has the car so I was nice and picked her up. We did a quick shop in Aldi because all the "special" stuff went on sale today and she wanted oven trays and stuff for the house. I bought me a purple frying pan :D

Had a nice lunch and will be going to pick Mum up from Mum and grab a few bits then head to the cinema. Really want to see Guardians of the Galaxy again before it finishes. Will be taking some healthy snacks :)
xx

Thursday food - EE day

Lunch:
Tuna mixed with onion, red & yellow peppers, sweetcorn, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Jacket spudato
Cheese (Half HexA)
Cottage cheese
Salad - butterhead salad, spinach, cucumber, beetroot, and cherry tomatoes

Cinema:
small tub of red grapes, blackberries, and raspberries
Passionfruit Danio (1.5)

Tea:
2 Quorn southern fried burgers (5) topped with red jalapenos and spicy gherkins
Low fat Supernoodles
Cheese (rest of HexA)
Salad - butterhead salad, mixed spinach, and orange plum cherry & piccollo tomatoes
Fried shallots
Small drizzle of bbq sauce (0.5)

Snack:
An Alpen Light and a Benefit Light (HexB)
Muddy Bear biscuit (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero. Diet Lemonade.

Syns used: 10.5
Syns saved: 27.5

Exercise:
Quick whizz round the shops carrying heavy animal stuff
Walks round the block with both dogs - 18mins/0.8 miles in all
http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/709542547

Last edited:
A massive well done on your pass :happy096::winner::party0019:
Considering everything else that has been going on that's a brilliant result :D

Poor peggy :( I hope she's on the mend and isn't objecting to the medication too much. I hope Dave and Ellie are doing well too x x x x

Thanks guys!! :D Can't believe it's actually done. Rather looking forward to getting the certificate and also my new badge that doesn't say "student" on it :D

When me and Mum got home from the cinema Rachelle and John gave me a card and some beautiful flowers. How sweet is that?!! The flowers are like a small red/oink lilly :)

I didn't have time to walk the dogs before I went and picked Mum up - I needed some bits from the shops before I got her. And ended up going back to Morrison's after the cinema as I forgot the things I went for :p

So after tea I just walked the doggies round the block each.

Peggy seems to be doing pretty well!! She's doing alright with me shoving a syringe in her mouth twice a day lol. She does make a bit of a fuss but she's not trying to scratch or bite or anything. Plus, there's no chance she'd get away with any of that sh*t ;)

Just going to pick my snacks and pick a film off Netflix.
Night all.x

Could I ask a bit of a favour? Could someone look up two syn values for me? Not having much luck with Google!!

First one is Tilda Coconut Basmati rice: Coconut Steamed Basmati Rice « Tilda Basmati Rice | Tilda Basmati Rice

And Asda Meat Free Garlic Kiev. An old post from 2010 says they're only 4, which seems unlikely now ;) But I can't even find the bloody things on Asda online, so wondering if I've managed to pick up a box of a discontinued product?!! Annoying!!

Right, off to bed. Thank you to anyone who can help.xx

Sorry couldn't find the kievs at all. There was a Morrisons one for 4 and another for 7.5. Don't see how it could be just 4 though ?!
Tilda coconut, chilli and lemongrass basmati steamed rice? Only coconut one I could find. 5.5 syns on green /EE
(from SW syns online)

Thank you Bethanie!
The Kiev's don't seem to exist any more :/ The Sainsbury's ones were that low back in the day but quite high now. The same happened with Morrison's! I'll probably syn them the same as I would for the new Sainsbury's ones.
I wonder if the Tilda coconut basmati is a new flavour. I can't find it anywhere either! I do have a pouch of that flavour you've found too Lol.
Thank you so much for looking and replying :) x

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MiniMins.com mobile app

No worries. Strange about those kievs, probably a safe bet to syn them like you say though :)

I had such a weird, horrible night!! There's been some weird stuff happening here lately. Whether you believe in the supernatural or not (I'm very skeptical but have to admit some stuff I do believe in)! But anyway, we've all be seeing and hearing stuff. And there are also smells too! Since the chinchilla's died we have all heard the cage making noise as the something is running around in it or using the wheel. Of course, nothing in there!! We can hear someone walking round upstairs when we're all downstairs or there's no one in. We've all had the smell of aftershave and smoke in various places in and around the house - even when John isn't here! The only person who would have aftershave on and be smoking. Although if he was in my room at 3am I'd be a bit p*ssed off. You can occasionally see one of the animals in the garden and I often see our old dog Jack walking past, sitting on the garage step, or next to the wall where my Dad sat. Some times I find Ellie standing in front of and looking at the spot my Dad smoked in the garden. They all did this not long after he died, which I thought was quite nice.
John is very very skeptical and often eye rolls at my Mum's story's of stuff. Yet he admitted to Rachelle recently that he is seeing stuff out the corner of his eye and smelling things.

Of course, none of this is scary as they're just animals or people we have known. And probably just visiting or passing through or, particularly with the animals, maybe it's a bit of an "echo" or a repeat of some part of that time. If that makes any sense?

Anyway, the point of this is that last night my anxiety was so bad I felt like I was terrified by something. I'd checked the chinchilla room because I'd heard the wheel going, of course, nothing in there ;) But by the time I'd finished reading I was so "scared" that I was jumping, my heart was racing, and I was even a little afraid of turning my light off. I had to take an extra half a sleeping tablet because I was so on edge. Still awake and scared at about 3am!!
So bizarre though because usually I can track my anxiety to a thought process or something that's happened. But this kinda came out of nowhere! Was really really bizarre!!

Rachelle had to let John take the car this morning too because he had slept terribly too. Hmmmm.....

Anyway, cheered myself up a little by making a fantastic omelette in my new purple frying pan :D Was gorgeous!!

Today will be a stay at home day. I need to put some washing up to dry, wash the dishes, sort out the bunnies, going to make an attempt to de-poo a bit of the garden, get a shower, and then prep my work lunch for tomorrow. knackered already ;) x

Friday food. Back to lovely, lovely green days!

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Omelette - 2 eggs, shallots, mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, spinach, and a LOT of cheese (HexA1)
Beans
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
4 fried posh little tomatoes
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Iceland spicy veggie bean burger (are they 3.5?? Can't remember!!) topped with spicy gherkins
Mediterranean veg Pasta N Sauce
Cheese (half HexA2)
Veg bag - green beans, broccoli, and butternut squash
Mange tout
Sweetcorn

Snacks:
Mini Malteaser bunny (3)
Mini Dreamy (3.5)
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Lemonade. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 11
Syns saved: 31.5 - oops!

Exercise:
Just sorting out the bunnies and a quick clean and tidy of the kitchen.

Last edited:
Back