Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Sounds like one of your not so quiet quiet days ha ha ha.
That picture of Dave looking in the tank is so adorable, really cute picture x x x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Today was a productive, kinda busy, but nice day. Woken up too early (for me!) by some idiot van driver hammering on everyone's front doors because he couldn't get his GIANT UPS van past mine and someone elses car - they parked pretty much opposite me, blocking the road. But, I mean, come on, why couldn't the van dude just reverse and go round the block?!! I didn't go move my car then as I was in my pj's and my hair in need of a wash. Tbf, the other driver didn't go out either. Too much drama!! He ended up getting some random woman to bang on doors and then direct him thru the cars. Ffs! inconvenient, but hardly the end of the world! *mega eye roll*
After that I couldn't get back to sleep so got up for a shower. THEN moved my car ;) Like 3 feet.... Did some washing, cleaned the bunnies and did Peggy's meds, de-poo'd the garden in 2 goes, sorted the recycling, then made lunch. A bit later I walked the dogs and had a quick relax back at home before I went to get Michelle.
I nipped to Pets At Home to buy some more bunny food while it's still on offer. Then met Michelle in Costa before we went to the cinema. We went to see "As Above, So Below", which was really good!! An interesting storyline based on the myth of the philosopher's stone and some ancient Egyptian and other myths. I like a horror with some story!! To be honest, it wasn't that scary. Or at least I didn't think so. Michelle is a horror lightweight! I mean, she happily watches them and loves them, but everything scares her!! Was good :D

After I dropped her home I ran to Asda to do a quick food top-up shop and get some stuff for my tea. Made a big Quorn and veg stir fry - made two portions so I can have some tomorrow night too :)

Just caught up with this week's Doctor Who and have put Magic Mike on for a bit.

I only have one of those Aldi yogurts left. They're not really that nice and not worth risking over synning on. Bought some fat free Activia's today :)

Ah Runty isn't a stray, he's an actual in-patient. He has an owner :) We're not actually supposed to take in strays, but we do, lots of them lol!!

Dave's a brilliant dog, he really is. A proper weirdo, but lovely ;) xx

Last edited:
p.s... Rachelle told me before that the other day she was complaining about not being able to fit stuff in the freezer coz of all my stuff. John apparently said "What does she need all that food for? There's nothing of her anyway" :eek: Sort of a compliment there lol!

Subscribing hun x

Lorry drivers are impatient so and so's anyway and are bullies so I wouldn't fell bad about it :)

Weird is good, Sam is very strange, he meows all the time, very confused dog.

Hope you're having a quieter day today x x

Hey Barbette!
I don't feel bad at all. P*ssed off he woke me up ;)

I had a very late night last night. I put Magic Mike on for a "bit" and ended up watching it all. Then reading when I got to bed. Think I turned my lights off some time after 3am!! So slept rather late today. Feel icky. A little bit nauseous and really headachy. All's I've managed so far is making lunch, putting my washing out, and bathing Dave's foot. Would really like to get out with the dogs today, even just for a bit. Will see how I feel in an hour or so.

You know, I'm really enjoying this new freedom with syns. Look at my food for yesterday. Not everything was free or superfree and I'm really enjoying it!! It's nice to be a little more relaxed with daily syns and know it's ok. I think me trying not to use more than 5 in a day and saving the rest was a big mistake. And it is really nice to be buying synned food and having lovely meals. I am using some syns on snacks and treats, but it's such a nice change to be allowing myself synned food with my meals. So nice :D Would recommend it to everyone!

Awww I would love to hear Sam meow :D Ellie has always done a sort of "purr" when she's really content and getting a cuddle. Odd creatures aren't they?! Wouldn't be without them tho!! xx

Thursday food.

Lunch:
Porridge made with Koko milk (part HexA1 + HexB2)
1/3 Graze Chai Latte - Chai seeds, macadamias, yogurt coated sunflower seeds, and coconut flakes (2.5)
Banana
2tsp of maple syrup (1)
Bowl of red grapes, kiwi, and pineapple
My last Aldi yogurt ;)

Tea:
Stir fry leftovers from last night with some extra Quorn and beansprouts (3 for Teriyaki sauce)
Tilda Egg Fried Rice (3.5)

Snack:
Small bowl of pineapple and red grapes with an Activia 0%
2 Benefit Lights (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Ginger Ale.

Syns used: 10
Syns saved: 14.5

Exercise:
54mins/1.7miles walk with Mum and Dave http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/717427113
15mins/0.7mile walk with Ellie http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/717460079

Last edited:
I like using my syns on my meals and having something really nice. I'm going to try and up the syns this week to see if it works.

Sam is a really talkative dog, he talks to us all the time and I don't mean barking. He makes a sound that sounds like mom which is quite funny and he's normally saying it to me, I know it is just a coincidence but it's sweet. But the meowing is just bizarre lol. Between him and Ellie you could almost have a cat :D x x x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Awww Sam sounds so cool :D I'd love to meet him! Special boy.

I'm really enjoying having the different food. Don't get me wrong, I love the free food meals I can make, but it is nice to not just have free food all the time. You know? And enjoying healthier snacks like Graze and Nakd without feeling like I'm "wasting" precious syns. Tis good!!

I did end up going out today. I went to pick Mum up from work and took Dave with me and we went to Calderstones park for a wander and a coffee. Didn't cover a lot of ground in the time we spent walking, because Mum has to walk so slow. But it was nice! I took Ellie out as soon as we got back and did a 15min, half of it up hill walk.
Had a nice tea which actually felt like a takeaway. Watched Bake Off and Our Zoo. Brilliant :) xx

Dave at Calderstones, in front of the mansion house
DaveCalderstones.jpg

Having a bit of a hungry day today :/ Managed to avoid cake and pastries at the cafe in the park and not buy any extra's for my tea. Being a bit naughty and having a second yogurt with some fruit. But at least it's an actual free yogurt ;) And I've only had half a HexA today anyway, so there....
Going to pick a film from Netflix and have my snacks.xx

Last edited:
Thursday food: *epic lunch alert*

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
2 fried eggs
Beans
Halloumi fried in Tabasco (HexA1 + 1 for the 4g over)
Fried mushrooms & red pepper with wilted spinach
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Evening break at work:
Tangerine

Tea:
Quorn steak topped with gherkins and a drizzle of bbq sauce (0.5)
Pasta N Sauce Mac & Cheese (2 + half HexA2 for Koko milk)
Cheese (rest of HexA2)
Veg bag - green beans, carrots, and cauliflower
Small bit of garlic dressing (0.5)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Activia 0%
Cocoa Mint Nakd (7)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Ginger Ale

Syns used: 12
Syns saved: 17.5

Exercise:
4hrs at work

Last edited:
I was brave and spoke to my boss today about that vet causing me grief!! Feel much better for doing it and she put my mind at ease and stuff. But they're obviously going to have to talk to him!! She's going to wait until the head vet is back and speak to her first and then speak to him. That's not going to be awkward at all is it?!! *sigh* But it couldn't keep going on without me saying anything!

I hopped on the scales this evening, which I know I shouldn't ;) And I was 75.2kg. BUT I had a massive lunch and I had a lot of heavy stuff in my pockets - my giant phone, calculator, nurse scissors, etc... So not exactly a proper WI lol. But I'm happy with that because usually I weigh about 1kg more in the evening, so if that's true I may have lost about 1lb so far. I have an early next Friday, so will try to stay off the scales till then. And then the following weekend I am on earlies, so should be able to WI about a week apart. It's going to kill me to wait until next Friday tho :p

Just had the over the phone consult from the CFS/ME lady. She's really impressed with what I'm doing and how I'm coping - especially with the increase in exercise too. She said there wasn't much she could think of to help me over the phone, but has invited me to another group discussion about pacing and graded exercise. I am doing this anyway, in my own way, but I'd find it interesting to be in a group and see what others are doing and how they're coping trying to get moving again. Hopefully it wont just be another excuse for people to sit and moan. The last one I went to was awful because it was so negative and felt like everyone was competing for the worst symptoms. I didn't take part at all, didn't say a word. I didn't want to go to a group rant lol!! A bit of positivity goes a long way!!
So yeah, I'll go to the next info session, even if it's just to confirm I'm going in the right direction. And maybe pick up some tips :)

I'm so bloody tired today! Couldn't sleep last night. I got to 2am before I gave up and took an extra half a sleeping tablet. I don't even know why. One weird thing was it was as though I was expecting someone, I was all tense and jittery and kept checking my phone over and over. I never do that :s And I was still REALLY hungry!! No idea what that's about. Some weird stuff going on at the moment.
And I had to get up early (for me :)) to take this call, so I really haven't had much sleep. Woke up a billion times as well *sigh* So tempted to go back to bed, but I'm going to stay up. If I go and have a nap I'll feel awful and really sick, so better to just be tired.

Before work today I need to sort the bunnies, have a shower, and make my lunch. Not too bad :) xx

Friday food. Another rather wonderful lunch :)

Lunch:
Spicy bean burger (3.5)
Halloumi (HexA1)
Seasoned potato chunks
Roasted onion, red & yellow peppers
Bread - a bit of a tweak as all my bread is super mouldy and the only other in the house was a wholemeal malted bloomer. Had one slice and it was under 60g so being naughty and calling it HexB1
Extra light mayo, mustard, and bbq sauce (1)

Break at work:
2 Tangerines

Tea:
Tub of chilli from the freezer
Mexican rice
Salad and spinach
Cheese (HexA2)

Snack:
2 benefit Lights (HexB2)
Aldi hazelnut mini delight (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero

Syns used: 9.5
Syns saved: 23

Exercise:
Cleaning the bunnies and de-poo'ing the garden
4hrs at work

Last edited:
Do you know - I felt rather guilty having a moan on my thread about aching joints when you deal with those and more on a daily basis!

I'm so pleased you spoke to your boss about the tw*t vet and that she was understanding. It makes me think that perhaps you are not the first to complain and, of course, bullying and/or boorish behaviour is not tolerated in many working environments - and quite rightly, too. I hope it's resolved satisfactorily.

I like to divide my Syns between both extras to make meals nicer or more interesting and 'treats'. Some days I might only use them for one or the other, depending on how I feel but I think I have some of both most days. It's about finding what works for you and if you can find 'healthy' treats that can only be a good thing. What you're doing at the moment (epic lunches!!) certainly seems to be right for you.

I hope you're feeling better now. I guess it was the thought of the phone call which was disturbing you. I don't do well when I've got a similar sort of thing hanging over me.

Hello Patty :D

Oh no, don't ever feel bad about complaining about aches and pains and stuff like that. I would never want anyone to feel that they can't have a good moan about stuff. it's not a competition and we're all entitled to a good whine :D I do hope your aches and pains are getting better. Must be a nightmare moving so many books and such big, heavy ones too!

I just hope the thing with the vet doesn't come back and bite me on the bum!! Having spoken to a few people I trust I have found out that this isn't the first time he's crossed the line enough times for someone to make a complaint!! It's a shame because he is generally really nice and then he does stuff like this. He does have a MASSIVE ego tho....

I am very much enjoying my new freedom with syns. A bit too much this week seen as I haven't saved anywhere near as much as I normally do. Have bought myself a small "light" garlic baguette to go with tomorrow's tea. I will, hopefully, be home alone so going to do meatballs and spaghetti with home made ratatouille :D
Do you like my lunches this week??? I'm gutted I've eaten all my halloumi. I realise my life has been lacking by not allowing halloumi in more often. I will fix this immediately!!

I was feeling ok when I left for work. Just tired. The whole time I was in work people kept asking if I was ok and saying I looked a bit odd. I kept brushing them off. But I did feel a bit wobbly around 5:30 and decided on an early break, with an extra 5 mins ;) Literally inhaled two tangerines and had a cup of coffee. Felt alright!! Stayed a bit late and then went to Sainsbury's on the way home. Finally got home about 9 and went for a wee. And then I looked in the mirror.....
JEEZY CREEZY no wonder people we're asking me! I am beyond pale and I have the biggest dark circles under my eyes. So yeah, I look a bit weird LOL!

I'm just catching up on the Jo Brand Bake Off show and then I think I'll go to bed.

Phone calls always stress me out. I hate, hate, hate using the phone! I generally use less than 5mins of my call allowance a month and you are very honored if I actually answer the phone to you. You're much more likely to be hung up on and then get an apologetic text a bit later on. Work is a nightmare when I have the emergency phone and have to call clients and stuff. Just urgh!!! *shudders* I wasn't really that worried about the content of the call, just the actual call itself. Can't really explain it. Just a massive anxiety trigger. Weird isn't it?!!
Hoping I get some sleep tonight. Mum's off to Newquay tomorrow and Rachelle & John are taking her to the airport. They're picking her up about 1pm so really want to make sure I'm up by then. And as awful as this sounds, that is quite a stretch on a non-work day!!

Anyway guys, I will see you all tomorrow.xx

Last edited:
Back