Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Saturday food.

Lunch:
Omelette filled with onion, mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, spinach, tomatoes, and lots of cheese (HexA1)
2 free Quorn sausages
Seasoned potato chunks
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Costa/Cinema:
Soy milk sugar free caramella (half HexA2 + 2)
Mango Danio (1.5)
Small tray of pineapple

Tea:
Quorn meatballs
Ratatouille - red onion, mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, spinach, courgette, tinned cherry tomatoes, and garlic
Tagliatelle
Small bit of salad & sweetfire beetroot with a drizzle of garlic dressing (1)
Cheese (rest of HexA2)
Small "light" garlic baguette (14.5)

Snacks over the evening:
2 Benefit Lights (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero. Diet Irn Bru. A double Johnnie Walker Double Black (5)

Syns used: 25
Syns saved: 13

Last edited:
Have had a nice day and managed to avoid all sorts of temptation!

Got up to make sure I saw Mum for a bit before Rachelle picked her up. Then made a nice big lunch.
Met everyone at Costa and avoided cake, even though everyone else had cake!! Me and Michelle stayed for an extra drink. She got a 2nd hot chocolate, but I went for a black coffee that time. We stopped in at a small Asda before the cinema and I got some Coke Zero and some pineapple and a yogurt. Michelle got a big share bag of chocolate buttons!
At the cinema I just had what I took with me, avoiding the on offer pic & mix!
After the cinema Michelle was hungry so I took her to McDonald's to get a meal for her tea. But I came home and made what I'd planned.

So many times today I though "Oh f*ck it!" and then talked myself out of it. Lots of mental arguments with myself lol!!

Got the house to myself so I'm currently watching The Wedding Singer and got some snacks :) xx

Thank you matey :D I love the packaging on the Oatly and can't wait to try it. Not just because it's Swedish. But that helps ;)

Change of syns for today. Scrapping the chocolate and biscuit in favour of a double shot of whisky. Just opened my bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black - have had it for 18months!! Amd zomg it is beautiful. So smooth and smokey. Seriously Om Nom!! Even better than the chocolate I was going to have.....and less syns :D

Also catching up with tonight's Doctor Who!

Is Oatly sort of thicker/creamier than the nut milks? The September issue of Healthy Food Guide has a dairy free recipe for Pannacotta which uses sweetened almond/soya or oat milk as an alternative to full-fat milk and Oatly as an alternative to cream. Not that I'll be making it, but it made me wonder about using it as cream instead of using yogurt/fromage frais etc.

Wow - I'm impressed by your strong will. The thing is, the more you exercise that strong will, the easier it tends to get and friends quickly get to accept that it's not unusual for you to reject cake and similar. I know at work my colleagues are surprised when I do accept a biscuit whereas when I started out on SW, the surprise was when I said no! Like all form of exercise though, there are times when you just don't want to do it. (Sigh)

Hey Patty!
I will let you know about the Oatly. I am wondering if you can cook with it, like you can with Kara/Koko? One way to find out I suppose lol! I still have some Koko open, so the Oatly will have to wait. Hoping I like it. Something different anyway :)
Had a nice chat with the girl making my drink in Costa the other day. I told her about Almond and Hazelnut being great in hot chocolate so she said she's going to sneak some in to work and try making her drinks with it :D

I'm impressed with my strong will. I'm really surprised that it is lasting so long. I so desperately wanted sweets yesterday. But went for pineapple instead!! I better have a loss this week ;)
Sometimes I think when I cave in to something because other people are or because I just want it, it seems to be when I don't give it any thought and make a snap decision. More of an impulse "I WANT IT NOW!!" Although the last 2 times I did that in Costa and got a muffin and then a tiffin slice the second time I was so disappointed!! The muffin tasted of nothing, even though it was like mango and pineapple or something with a gooey centre. I might as well have just eaten some plan dough! And the Tiffin slices were my favourite thing ever, but again, I didn't get much from that! Odd isn't it?!!

It is quite nice when people are shocked because you are eating or drinking something! A few weeks ago when I got a chippy tea with Mum - the day we booked our holiday I think? And Rachelle was very shocked and said "YOU got chips as well?!!" :eek: Lol

Something else I've noticed, that makes me chuckle, is the vast difference in food preferences between me and my friend Michelle. Like a while back when I went round to the house she was dog sitting at and we had tea. We were both starving so started snacking whilst making tea *blush* She had some chicken legs and chocolate and I had one of the organic carrots I'd bought for the rabbits and some sweetfire beetroot.... And usually at the cinema Michelle will get either or a mixture of popcorn, hot dog, pic & mix, or smuggle in a MacDonald's. Whereas I generally have fruit and yogurt or cereal or Nakd bars lol! It is amusing to compare sometimes isn't it? Sometimes it's a little frustrating as it's literally smacking you in the face with temptation. But most of the time it's just amusing!
At home to with Mum and her biscuits and chocolate and ice cream..... *sigh*

I tried on a few clothes last night I was hoping to be able to get in to again soon. My skinny jeans now go up and fasten!! Not quite comfortable enough to wear, but that's right cheered me up!! Some of the tops I want are almost there too. Hopefully a few more pounds gone and I will start to feel more comfortable and fit in to things again :)

Anyway, today is going to be a right-off for me. Not food wise, but doing anything wise. Was still awake way past 3am. Just could not sleep! And when I did I had some really stressy dreams. I woke up early-ish and got up to let the dogs out and give them their breakfast. I went back to bed after they'd been out after food. But again, really couldn't sleep.
I feel like my head is full of rocks. I feel all sickly and painful and quite wobbly. Was hoping to get out with Dave today for a nice walk BY MYSELF somewhere lol. But seems unlikely.
I've not even made anything to eat yet and it's almost 3pm.
Ah well, suppose I've had some nice days this week and a day at home wont be so bad. Especially as I'm home alone ;)

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend.xx

Just tapping a quick reply to your question about cooking with Oatly. It looks as though you can because there are a few recipes on the Oatly website. And from looking at this, it would appear that there is an Oatly cream alternative which I assume is what is used in the Pannacotta recipe.

There is no doubt that our tastes change - the trouble is we don't know until we treat ourselves to the things we used to like!

Thanks Patty. Was hoping it was like Koko and not sweet. You can't really make scrambled eggs with almond milk :p

Oh no what have I done?!! Work need a night shift person tonight. And I am, quite literally, the last resort! Have told my boss I'm really not well today and that I will pretty much only be able to answer the phone and do reception. That is IT! And I'm sticking to that. So will have to tell the Vets Now people I'll be working with that that's the deal.
I'm already regretting it and I can't imagine how much it is going to mess me up!
The only good thing is that I will at least be in the good books!! I'll get the time back as stand-down/lieu, but I'm not entirely sure how it works. Will see my boss in the morning. I'm definitely not in work tomorrow anyway.
So, doing a 8pm-8am shift. On a bad day, having very little sleep. This is going to end well isn't it?!

For food I'm thinking of maybe carrying on this week in to tomorrow - so tomorrow night I can have a nice tea and some chocolate. Just extending the week by a day so I can use my saved syns, if that makes sense?
Need to make something to take with me for tea now!

Sunday food - now turning in to a very, very long day!! Going to take lots of snacks with me to make it thru the night! Would rather take too much and not eat them than not take enough and eat whatever's lying around in the staffroom! Usually chocolates and biscuits and stuff.
Absolutely dreading tonight! My first ever night shift!

Lunch: Open Sandwiches
2 free Quorn sausages
Egg mayo (0.5)
Cheese (half HexA1)
Spinach
Red pepper
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
1tsp of onion chutney (guessing 0.5 syns??)
Pack of Aldi Cheese Curls (3)

Tea: Pasta bake, sort of
Quorn mince
Onions, mushrooms, peppers, spinach, and sweetcorn
Tin of veggie ravioli (2)
Cheese (HexA2)

Snacks for thru the night at work:
2 Benefit Lights (HexB2)
Banana
Snack Biscuits (5)
Banana Crunch Nakd (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 15.5
Syns saved: 12.5

Exercise:
Cleaning the bunnies
A very looooong 12hr, busy, sweaty shift at work.

Last edited:
I survived!! And I didn't stick to my plan of doing nothing but the phone. Because the place was a tip and also, if I'd have stayed sat down the whole time I would have died from boredom! It was actually crazy to start off with. I started just before 8 to help out and we didn't get rid of the last clients until 2am!! We all pitched in with in patients and the private vet team went to bed at some time around 3am. So, it was just me!!
I had my tea at around 1am I think. literally inhaled it and burnt my tongue :p Honestly, I don't know how the night team do this stuff day in, day out and not die from stress. I always stand up for them when people are slagging them off and always had respect for them. But, having worked a whole night with them I have realised that they are absolute bloody heroes! Honestly, what an incredible job they do in some pretty awful conditions.
The current issue with them is a severe staff shortage and also their management not taking any notice of what's going on. We were very lucky last night and had a vet student and a 2nd nurse to help until midnight. But usually all they have is one vet and one nurse to provide emergency care for both charity hospitals as well as private clients from their member practices. So, they're basically doing 3 people's job each. It's insane!!

Anyway, work politics aside, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think it being busy helped because I honestly didn't realise the time lol. It wasn't mental, crying in a corner busy, but bloody busy enough. About an hours waiting time to be seen. Loads of actual emergencies and not the usual emergency fleas or nail clip ;)
I did have a nightmare client who got the RSPCA involved, so I'm waiting for that to come back and get me. I tried my best though and put on my super customer service hat, but there's only so much you can do isn't there?
My phone eventually stopped ringing just before 2am I think. And I didn't get another call till after 7am. In the quiet times when everyone was in bed I kept thinking "If that rings now I might actually sh*t myself" ;)

I tell you what, I did some serious, serious body magic last night!! I spread out a lot of my jobs over the time the others were in bed. I did have some reading and relaxing time, but as soon as I felt my eyes closing I got up to do stuff. Will try and remember everything I did....
General tidying and cleaning of consult, prep, theatres, kennels, kitchen, and staff room
Packaging and sterilising surgical instruments
Topping up the consumables drawers
Putting together suture needle packs
Endless, endless amounts of washing - beds, blankets, towels, surgical drapes, etc.... I put the last wash on at 7:30am. There wasn't any time when there wasn't a washing machine or drier going!
Putting dry washing away - sounds easy, but they're all kept in cupboards above the kennels like 6ft+ off the floor. So a lot of stretching!! I'm far too short for that building...
Checking the animals and changing beds/cleaning kennels/taking them to the yard/giving cuddles ;) I'm a big believer in the TLC part of animal nursing!!
Setting up and settling in Jeff Seagull - yeah, I named him ;)
Sorted out some bodies
Emptied/changed a LOT of bins.
Brushed and mopped the main consult rooms
Brushed and mopped the whole waiting room - picking up all the junk our horrible clients leave behind!! What is wrong with people?!!

That'll do. it was hard! I got very sweaty. But, decent body magic indeed. Would have loved to know what sort of calories I'd burned or steps walked, you know?!

I ate most of my food. But did not cave in to any sort of temptation and didn't let it ruin my SW run! :D

I stopped at the chemist on the way home but it's not open till 9!! So came home, fed the dogs, nipped back round to the chemist, sat with the dogs for a bit, and then headed to bed at 9:30. Took me aaaaages to get to sleep! And I set my alarm for 1:30 so I wouldn't sleep all day and I really wanted to be with the dogs. I woke up a lot as well tho :confused: So maybe got 3hrs!
I can't have the stand down I'm owed for last night in one go because we're so short staffed. So I'm off today, but back in tomorrow. Have been given Friday off tho, which is good coz me, Mum, and Rachelle have plans for the day. I was on an early, so due to finish at 12, but this will be nice :)

Anyway, will shut up now and just add my food on.
Thanks for reading, if you managed to get thru all that lol!! xx

Last edited:
Monday food - adding an extra day on to last week lol. Not letting those saved syns go to waste ;)

Lunch:
2 veggie burgers (2)
Beans with red onion, mushrooms, red pepper, and tomato in
2 fried eggs
Cheese (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
BBQ sauce (1)

Tea:
"Chicken" kiev (7)
Low fat Supernoodles
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Butterhead salad, spinach, and sweetfire beetroot
1 piece of thick wholemeal/malted bread (tweak HexB2 ;))
Extra light mayo and garlic dressing (1)

Snacks:

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero. Options made with Koko milk (part HexA2 + 2)

Syns used:
Syns saved this week:

Exercise:
Putting washing out, hoovering the living room & kitchen, and that's about it ;)

Last edited:
Great news about the skinny jeans - a terrific NSV. I can't find any jeans to fit - blimmin' saddlebag thighs.

I don't know how you got through last night. It sounds like a nightmare scenario for the regulars but not so nice for you either, particularly given your lack of sleep and general yuckiness. I hope your day off today goes a long way to helping you recover. My job seems so easy-peasy and stress-free in comparison, even when the computers crash on the first day of term!

Bloody hell, the emergency vets definitely sound like heroes! Hope they get the credit they deserve for such a demanding job. Well done for surviving your first night shift :) Sounds like it was definitely a good learning experience xx

Hey guys!
I tend to wear boyfriend style or bootcut jeans. I never thought in a million years I'd be buying skinny jeans or look ok in them. not been able to wear them in over a year tho!! Still not good enough to bring back out of the wardrobe, but getting there :)

My day today has been spent feeling like I have jet lag and I'm hungover. About to give up and go to bed. Have had 3hrs sleep in the last 33.5hrs!! I guess it shows that chronic insomnia can come in handy occasionally :p

It wasn't really a learning experience. That's just my job lol. I just don't usually do it at 4am! Whenever I'm on an early, late, or weekend I man the emergency phone. And, tbh, our hospital is generally a constant emergency centre. I'm pretty sure we're currently sitting in the top spot of busiest hospital, for my charity, in the country.
Patty I think everyone's job has stresses and pressure and nasty stuff, it's just different depending on what you do :)

I do feel the need to say the emergency vet "team". We're all part of the team, not just the vets :) And we really are our own emergency team, it's just that the private company take over for the night. But there's always one member of staff for the charity in the hospital.
And no, we don't get credit for this stuff. We have a reputation of not being "proper vets" and I really don't know why. I think if people knew even a tiny bit of what we do they'd realise that, actually we lead the field. it's just that no one really knows about us and because our services are generally free, we are not seen as proper vets. It's rather frustrating!
But we know we do a good job :) And the private vet team are constantly slated for being too expensive and just money oriented. You can't bloody win can you?!! Lol

Anyway, just started watching Orphan Black on Netflix. Two eps in and I'm hooked! I do really, really need to go to bed now. Getting close to 34 hours!! Eeeep.
See y'all tomorrow and thank you for your messages.xx

Well done on the skinny jeans, I'm sure you'll be in them proper in no time and I want to see pictures
And a massive well done for making it through the night shift, not everyone can do them. Sounds like you had a really busy shift but like you said it helps to keep you going. I think most night teams are underestimated, I know people at work think nights sleep all night, they don't see all the hassle we have to deal with.
I hope you get some sleep tonight x x x x
Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Barbette!
I may have coped with it a bit better if I hadn't of had 4 hours notice LOL! Our staff aren't allowed to sleep any more - or they're not supposed to ;) But the private team can, if they get the chance. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Just depends how crazy it is!!
I think I coped ok, although I do feel rough as ballz today!!
My boss did text me yesterday to thank me again and said I did a fantastic job. i even got 2 kisses on the end ;)

I would be less worried about doing another one now that I've done it. BUT it really would be great if I had more notice. I suppose chronic insomnia really can help lol.

Off to work soonly. Wish I could have had today off. Hoping I look awful enough for some sympathy ;) xx

Tuesday food - seriously just had to check the tv to see what day it is!! A lazy lunch today because I really haven't got the brain power to think of something different!

Lunch:
2 free quorn sausages
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms and yellow peppers (half HexA1)
Beans
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Break at work:
Tangerine
Activia 0%

Tea: Fakeaway!!
Quorn pieces & new potatoes cooked in garlic & red chilli
Sainsbury's edemame bean stir fry
Katsu curry sauce (4.5)
LOTS of chilled rice noodles (2)

Snack:
2 Benefit Lights (HexB2)
Mini Dreamy (3.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero

Syns used: 11
Syns saved: 4

Exercise:
Probably just work - 4hrs

Last edited:
More notice would have been better for you, I've had shifts like that where they've phoned me last minute, like you don't sleep well so I usually don't find it a problem. In fact I think my body is still in night mode I'm very rarely asleep before 3 or 4 am.
I'm glad your boss has appreciated you helping and I hope they go easy on you today in work x x x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The fatigue is killing me today! Doing that shift has totally thrown me off - even more so than normal lol

I don't know how you ever get out of night mode considering the crazy hours you do.

Work was busy again and, as always, I didn't get out on time. Stopped at Sainsbury's on the way home and didn't get in till 10!! I bought a nice jumper from their Autumn collection. It's blue, with a stripy collar, and covered in dogs :D Also bought myself some food for a fakeaway tea :) Got some other bits and pieces and found some Quorn "roasted chicken" in the reduced section. I had a few bits while I was cooking, but having the rest for lunch tomorrow with a big jacket spud, cottage cheese, and salad :)

Just watched another couple of eps of Orphan Black and I'm going to head to bed. Really wish I wasn't in work for the next 2 days!!! On a late tomorrow and then a 9-1 on Thursday *mega yawn*

See y'all tomorrow.xx

Well done for making it through that night shift- ouch! Sounds like a nightmare!
I get completely thrown after my Middle East shoots for a few days- having body clock so messed around like that is enough on it's own without all of the exertion to exhaust us! Hope you can take it easy a bit soon!
x

Back