Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Friday food

Lunch:
2 Weetabix (HexB1) topped with banana and maple syrup (1) and skimmed milk (half HexA1)
Small bowl of red grapes, blueberries, and raspberries
Activia 0%

Tea:
Quorn quarter pounder (1) topped with gherkins and a drizzle of bbq sauce (0.5)
Pasta N Sauce Mac & Cheese (2 + rest of HexA1 for Oat milk)
Cheese (HexA2)
Salad, beetroot, sweetcorn, and honey mustard dressing (0.5)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Drifter biscuit (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 10
Syns saved: 21

Exercise:
Sorting the bunnies
Quick hoover of the living room and hall
Probably doesnt count but washing a LOT of dishes and wiping down the sides AGAIN!

Last edited:
Sorry you're still not well :(
A couple of days off will probably done you the world of good, hopefully it won't lay long and you'll feel better soon.

I shouldn't laugh but, it tickles me you sleep eat, hope they were tasty :D

My sleep has been awful lately so I sympathise. I got an app for my phone to see what my sleep pattern is like and it shows I'm constantly waking up throughout the night and I have very little deep sleep, provably explains why I'm still tired when I get up.

Hope you have a good weekend x x x
Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

How weird is the eating at night tho?! Luckily I must have had my SW head on when I picked that snack lol!! It is bizarre tho. I don't think I'm actually asleep, but just don't remember doing it. This happens a fair bit with reading too. I had to zoom back half a chapter last night because the page I'd bookmarked made NO sense. Don't remember reading at least 6 pages!!! Weird!!

Feeling a bit better today. YAY!! Bloody knackered! But feel less sick and just more the usual ME crap lol. It's a start :) Taking Mum out today as it's the last weekend I'll get a chance to get holiday stuff. And also it's Rachelle's moving day and I think it'd be nicer if Mum's not here to see them empty the rest of the room. She's not being all dramatic or anything, but she did get a bit of a shock earlier this week when Rachelle had moved a lot of stuff out. Just a bit of a sad moment :( We're both VERY happy for Rachelle, but it is quite sad that she's actually moving out. Albeit 5 minutes away lol. But still. It's the end of the 3 of us living together and it is quite sad.
I am very happy for her though because it's about time one of us had some luck and met someone lovely and for nice things to be happening. Excited for them! Can't wait to see the house with actual stuff in :D The couch is getting delivered next Saturday so I've made her promise I can stop on the way home from work and have a sit on it before I go on holiday LOL!

I had to stop using my sleep apps because it was stressing me out!! It was interesting to see that I was right and my sleeping patters are awful! Like you, very little deep sleep, and up and down through the night. So frustrating!! What can we do tho eh?! It's horrible getting up feeling more tired than when you went to bed :( Also explains why I can be a grumpy f*cker ;)

Right, see y'all later.xx

What a long day!!! We left the house just after 10:30 and got home at 8:45!!!
First stop was brunch at the veggie place - 2 massive pieces of cheese on wholemeal-ish toast with salad, wholemeal couscous, pesto pasta, and salad cream.
Then to the bank for Mum to put her PPI cheque in to account - she's had two via advice from Halifax totalling nearly £4,000!!! This kinda stuff never happens to any of us. So much yay-ing was had :D

Went to Thomas Cook for me to sort out my travel money and card. And then we hit the shops!!!
Toiletries and stuffs from Boots & Superdrug
Quite a few sale bits and some new boyfriend jeans from Next - I still had Christmas gift cards to use!
Some Lush, also bought with gift cards.
Then a much needed stop for coffee and *cough* cake *cough* at Nero's where the lady only charged me for the coffee. Score!!
Got a vest top in the Debenhams sale which is white, with multicoloured giraffe wearing hats on :D
Face wipes from The Body Shop
And burrito's to take home.
We even stopped in at Hotel Chocolat on the way back to the car and didn't buy anything :eek:

We did stop at Aldi tho and were very naughty and got chips, tortilla chips, and sour cream dip to go with the relatively healthy burritos *blush* AND a lemon mirangue pie for dessert.....I have had my big slice of pie and more than my fare share of tortilla chips tho. Ignoring those tomorrow!!!

We were absolutely knackered by the time we got home so have postponed going to Rachelle's till tomorrow. We have them some housewarming prezzies and cards that needed sorting anyway, so will pop round tomorrow.

I'm going to Caz's for coffee and a catch up tomorrow afternoon too :)

Right, really need to get some sleep.
See y'all tomorrow.xx

Work has been tough recently, hasn't it? It must be so hard dealing with such sick patients when the illness is a 'killer'.

Well done on the loss and congratulations on the NSV which sounds like one to treasure. Hope you are feeling better but yes, there's so much flu-type stuff around; Peter currently has a bad cold and cough, DD is also ill with a similar-sounding problem and we've people off work with it too.

Soon on be your holiday - it's always exciting doing the 'special' shopping that's inevitably needed. Love the sound of the giraffe top BTW.

I understand what you mean about Rachelle moving out. It's the end of an era and however happy you are for her, it's a happiness tinged with a little bit of regret that a way of life has come to an end.

Hi Patty :D Lovely to see you!! Where have you been hiding?

Aye work has been really tough lately. Back in tomorrow and Tues and then the weekend. Will be literally counting the hours until holiday time!!

I can still feel whatever is going on lingering. Even started coughing yesterday :s But, really can't stay off work any longer!!! Mum and Rachelle still have illnesses clinging on in there too! Ick!

Hehe my holiday shopping is always toiletries and last minute clothes I probably don't need lol. Like the giraffe top ;) I'll try and get a pic for you. I'm currently breaking-in/baggying up the pair of cropped jeans I bought yesterday. Had them on all day today! Very comfortable, just need a bit more wiggle room in the waist. So will be wearing them as much as possible this week lol!!

I'm glad you understand about Rachelle moving out. It is definitely an end of an era!! I'm glad we're close though and I don't think that will ever change. Plus, still only 5mins away lol ;) We went round today and took them their housewarming presents, most of which we've had for a year lol!! We got them a vintage collectable teddy bear each (Rachelle has a thing for bears), some cute ceramic measuring spoons, a bottle of Malbec, and some beautiful red and peach coloured roses :)

The house has gone from being an empty shell with missing floor boards and holes in walls to now being FULL of boxes and all the decorating, floors/carpets, kitchen, and bathroom done. Some furniture has been built and some waiting to go up, etc. Looks brill!!! Less of a building site and more like actual people have moved in lol.

Anyway, ignore yesterdays post about today not being off plan *whistles* BUT this week I will be as good as gold and hope for a little loss by the weekend. Pre-holiday weigh-in will be saturday morning at work.....

See y'all tomorrow.x

Sounds like a manic weekend, it's hard when things come to an end even if it's in a good way but I'm sure you'll still see each other ask the time and will always be close.
I hope you start to feel better and whatever bug you've got goes away soon x x x x

Totally understand about the last minute clothes shop. I always seem to have a mini panic that I don't have enough and dash out to buy something. I think it's because I tended to avoid clothes shopping when I was overweight and so I was short of them.

Sounds like some lovely house-warming presents - how lovely to get them a bear each! I sure it will seem strange for the first few weeks after Rachelle's left, but you'll soon get used to it and as you say, she's still virtually on the doorstep.

Hope that cough's improving.

Hey everyone!
I shall do a proper update tomorrow. Currently still suffering from the plague - worse today!! *shrug* My voice is going as well, so hilarious answering the emergency phone at work LOL!!
Just about to have my evening snack/dessert and watch an ep of Bates Motel. Then I think I will have to take my plague-riddled self to bed.

Had an awful, awful dream this morning. Really wish I hadn't of gone back to sleep. It REALLY upset me!! Odd after replying to Barbette's diary about her awful dream. Not even similar tho, but really disturbing :( Didn't exactly set me up well.

Right, quick food update and I shall see you all tomorrow.xx

Ps. Welcome to Cocopop :D

Monday food.

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Cheesy scrambled egg with mushrooms and red pepper (half HexA1)
Beans with cherry tomatoes and spinach
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Evening break at work: A tangerine

Tea:
Iceland spicy bean burger (3.5)
Pasta N Sauce Mediterranean tomato
Cheese (HexA2)
Veg bag - carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli
Sweetcorn and beetroot
Bit of dressing and some extra light mayo (0.5)

Snack:
2 Benefit Lights crumbled up, strawberries, grapes, and blueberries topped with a honey Liberte yogurt (1.5) and 1tsp (0.5) of maple syrup
1 Hotel Chocolat choc (3)
Drinks:
Coffee. Squash. Diet Lemonade. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 10
Syns saved: 5

Exercise: Just 4hrs at work.

Last edited:
I'm sulking a bit because we had this little girly Jack Russell handed in to work this evening as a stray. And I WISH I was in a position to take her home. Broke my heart a little bit :(

She was brought in by a couple who'd seen her wondering around by their house for a few days. No collar and not chipped. She was a beautiful tri-colour, with a full tail, and such a cute little face. She's wire-haired too, like Dave, but it's much shorter.
She actually looked a lot like this:

images.jpg

Tuesday food.

Lunch: Open sandwiches!
Egg mayo with a bit of mustard (0.5)
2 fee Quorn sausages
Cheese (half HexA1)
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
Salad - mixed leaves, spinach, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red & orange peppers
Cheese Curls (3)
A few little bits from a graze tub, but it had gone stale :( (1)

Break at work: Tangerine

Tea:

Snack:

Drinks:
Coffee. Squash. Diet Lemonade

Syns used:
Syns saved:

Exercise:
Hoovering downstairs
Quick clean of the kitchen
Putting washing in/out
4hrs at work

Sorry to hear you've been so I'll, sounds like it's got a proper grip of you :(
Horrible dreams upset me for ages and seem to longer even when I wake up but like you said to me if you have a lot going on it turns up when you're asleep, sometimes wish I didn't have such an active mind.
I'm sure the little jack Russell would have been a lovely addition to your family, I keep on getting people asking me if I want cats and kittens and I really want one but can't because of Sam :( as much as I love him I just wish he was cat friendly.
I hope work wasn't too bad and hasn't made you feel worse x x x

Today has gone a little downhill. I just feel so run down and ill and exhausted. I stopped off at Sainsbury's on the way home for stuff to make a junk food'y tea. Although pretty SW friendly considering what I could have had lol!! I had Quorn southern fried bites on wholemeal buns with cheese slices. And low fat supernoodles and salad. I did have a fair few cheese slices and I have already had a HexB today too. Oops! Have got some chocolate as well *blush*
I shouldn't use not being well as an excuse, I really shouldn't. But at least I didn't get pizza or a proper takeaway or something. Just fed up!

Work was very busy this evening and I was just sweating buckets and my head felt like it was going to explode. My voice kept going as well, which was quite funny at times. Fed up being ill now. The people in work who had it before me are still ill and so are Mum and Rachelle. Seems to be a bit of a cling-on illness.
Got 3 days off work now, but 3 jam packed days!! Tomorrow is going to be very hectic!

Ah well, I'm sure I will live to fight another day ;)

Made up I found Nakd Christmas Pud bars in Sainsbury's :D xx

Nakd Christmas Pudding bars? I reckon Peter would like those as he adores Xmas Pud! They're not on the Nakd website even. I want to try a Nakd bar, but daren't in case they're too nice! They do such a lovely sounding range of flavours that I can't decide what I'd like to try the most.

Your junk food day actually sounds pretty healthy and as you say, far better than a pizza or other takeaway. Sometimes you've just got to have comfort food. The cough/cold thing must be horrible of people are staying ill for so long.

Enjoy your 3 days off and I hope you're improving, even if today was manic.

Hi Patty :)

I don't know why the new bars aren't on the Nakd site yet, but they've released the Christmas Pud and a Cherry Bakewell flavour. Only the Christmas Pud have turned up in shops so far tho!
When I tried Nakd bars a few years ago I HATED them!! But they pop up on Weightloss *****'s blog and a couple of my friends like them. And I love them now!! A couple I've not liked that much, but none I hated. They are quite high syn-wise though, but some of the crunch and oaty ones start at 5 syns. Don't think any go over 8 syns tho.

I've tried to be good with food today. Had porridge with oat milk, banana, blueberries, and Sweet Freedom.

For tea I made a massive curry!! I found 2 bags of diced butternut squash in the cheap section in Sainsbury's yesterday - 25p :eek: So I made a curry and it was epic ;)
Onion, chestnut mushrooms, Quorn pieces, red & green peppers, butternut squash, spinach, chopped tomatoes, chickpea dahl, and some spices/garlic/etc...
And had it with a pilau rice pouch.

Just had some berries with a Benefit light, honey Liberte, and a bit of Sweet Freedom. Might have some choccie, but not sure.

I've had one hell of a day today!
First up was the dentist for a check up and to see what this weird lump is that came up about 3-4wks ago. Apparently it's the skin flap that grows over your wisdom teeth when they're coming through. But this has come up even without my wisdom teeth making any movement - mine are still partially erupted. She said I can be referred straight away to have it removed or see how it goes. And seen as I'm not in pain and it's not in the way or causing an issue, I'm in no hurry to have bits cut off me. The same reason for me ignoring my gall bladder stones ;)
Anyway, I needed a small filling done so agreed to have it done there and then without anaesthetic and just suck it up. She was very nice and gave me a white filling!! And I was dead brave :p I also had a scale and polish done :D
After that I went to Allerton Road for some pet stuff, back to the local shopping centre to buy a new suitcase and more animal stuff, back home for a quick coffee, and then off to the Dr's.
At the Dr's I ended up with my contraceptive injection (ass cheek!) and then my flu jab! They're very short on vaccines and I really need one - if I'd have waited till after my holiday I wouldn't have got one. So, again, sucking it up lol...
I then picked mum up from work and we went to Morrison's and then Aldi.
When I got home I sorted out the bunnies - needed a few trips to take out all the stuff I'd bought!

And then I made my tea.

I'm exhausted, still really not very well, all the ouchy things I've had done where on my left side, and my arm is really painful and burning now. Absolute joy!!

Tomorrow I've got my lovely hair dresser coming round to make my hair look nice for my holiday! And Michelle is coming round for tea so I can go thru everything for the animals with her - we're being very naughty and me & Mum decided to do a pizza buffet type tea. Pizza, pasta salad, foccacia bread, and fries. I've bought just a cheese pizza and got some roasted artichokes and pineapple to go on it. Can't wait!!

Naughty tho *blush* xx

I have to get everything ready for going on holiday though and I have no one to help me out. It's such hard work getting the house and the animals and all the supplies ready :( I guess the dentist and Dr appointments were mistimed, but my injection was already a week late! Bloody nightmare.

Looking forward to a genuine lie-in tomorrow!! Today I de-poo'd the garden, hoovered all downstairs and upstairs (but not the actual stairs lol!), tidy the kitchen a bit, etc. And had my hair did :D It's gone all "Autumn" on me. My hair never comes out the same, no matter how strict my hairdresser is with the mixtures and strengths and stuff. Mum and Rachelle's hair is the same, even if they use the exact same hair dye each time it comes out different. But, accidentally, mine looks really nice. It's a much deeper, richer red/brown for a base colour and I've had copper and red highlights put in. A bit more blended this time and not quite so in your face. i actually like the red being a bit obvious ;) But the blend has come out really well. Very happy with it :)

Right, just dropped Michelle at home so I'm going to have a coffee and watch some more American Horror Story: The Asylum :D

Sounds like madness preparing for holiday and battling your illness :( I hope you have a lovely time away though!! When are you off? X

Back