Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Such a pretty little girl, so glad she's fitted in so quickly and it will be nice for dave to have company.
You're doing really well with your food, far better than me I need a rocket up my bum lol.
Hope work has been good and you have a good weekend x x x
Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Barbette!
I'm not too sure Dave agrees with you just yet ;) But we're getting there!!

I dunno how I've managed to be so good with my food this week. It might be less good on Sunday, but I do have a lot of saved syns :)

Work's been on and off good and mental. A very weird week!! Glad it's Friday ;) xx

Friday food

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Beans with cherry tomatoes in
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms and red peppers (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Evening break at work:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Tea:
Quorn steak
Tomato Pasta N Sauce
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Veg bag - broccoli, carrots, cauliflower
Extra light mayo (0.5)

Snack:
Activia 0%
Graze Brownie (5.5)

Drinks:
Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 7
Syns left: 43

Exercise:
10mins hoovering
4hrs at work

Saturday food

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
2 boiled eggs
Beans
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Home made chilli - Quorn mince, red onion, mushrooms, peppers, courgette, sweetcorn, mixed beans, refried beans, chopped tomatoes, and an Old El Paso Chilli spice mix (7 for the whole pack :eek: But 3 of us have had a portion tonight and there's probably two left) So 1 syn per portion.
Uncle Bens Spicy Mexican Rice pouch (4)
Cheese (half HexA1)

Snack:
Activia 0%
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Cadbury's Crunchie Spider (8)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 14
Syns saved: 44

Last edited:
She is just beautiful Kelly :) sounds like a lovely dog.
How are you doing now? How was your weekend?
Well done for getting your food on track during such a messy time. X

Hey Tetris!
Welcome back :D

To be honest, I'm not really doing very well at the moment.
I had Michelle round on Saturday to meet Pinta and I made dinner for us. Sunday a few of us went to an Artisan Fair at the Palm House in Sefton Park, which was nice. We were supposed to be going to the cinema, but I'm just so exhausted at the moment. And not sleeping and everything is having a knock-on effect with everything else. Super fun!!

I had a day off plan yesterday with going to the fair. I had churro's with melted chocolate, mulled wine, bought a slice of cake and a brownie to take home, and also a few Indian things to have for tea. Very nice :D

Pinta's a lovely dog. Cheeky tho! But really funny and very sweet natured. She does have some major trust issues and can be quite timid and fearful. We've only had 3 people come meet her so far. She does not like men!!! She coped better with Martin, but he is a doggy person and listens to me. She hasn't coped either time meeting John, but I haven't been there - which is annoying! I want to be here when she meets people. Especially as John doesn't listen to people and doesn't get dogs. I don't want her being further "damaged" by someone!!
She did have a bit of a bark and was really scared of Michelle, but that didn't last long. Again tho, she's obviously good with dogs being a vet nurse, but she also listens to me.

I'm hoping this gets better the more she settles in and feels secure. Ellie was always fearful of people coming here and it'd be nice not to have another dog go through that all it's life. But we'll see!! This is why it's so important that I'm here *sigh*
Anyway, apart from a few minor issues, she's been great. She's very affectionate, but also seems pretty laid back and independent. That's girl dogs for you tho ;) Lol!

Straight back on plan today! Oh and I got weighed an have lost 1kg :D xx

Monday food.

Morning break:
Banana

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Beans
Cheesy scrambled eggs with onion, mushrooms, and red peppers (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Chilli (1)
Spicy chunky potatoes
Salad
Cheese (HexA2)

Snack:
Half a Milka Leo - kit kat type thing (4.5)
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: 6.5
Syns saved: 7.5

Exercise:
4hrs at work.
20min walk with Dave
10-15mins hoovering.
Quick bunny clean and garden de-poo

Last edited:
Pinta sounds lovely!! I guess it is stressful for her to adjust to a new enviroment so hopefully she gets more relaxed around men as she has time to settle... Do you think she was mistreated by a man and thus is fearful?
Grr @ John for not listening/co-operating! Good luck with that :p
I really really really want a dog but am scared about money after the traveling suxking me dry, and as much as I would give a dog all the love in the world I'm nervous that it would be too big of a task for me, I'm so lazy and our lifestyles could change at any point if we give up the freelancing and get full time jobs, scared I wouldnt be there enough for a dog if that happened (doubt it ever will lol!)
I guess my family's attempt to talk me out of it worked -_- one day!
X

With Pinta being a stray we have no idea of her history at all. Ellie was always more fearful of men than women, but Pinta's reactions are different from Ellie. Her body language is different and less of an aggression/guarding type behaviour and more of utter fear. She cowers, her tail is so far under her her bum tucks in, her ears are flat, and her eyes move very rapidly. That dog is genuinely terrified of these things and I don't know why :(
She jumped out of her skin before because I touched the back of her head! It saddens me to think of what she's been through. You dunno where they've come from, how they end up as a stray, how other people have treated her, you know?! Plus being in season will make her feel weird as well. You do get some behavioural changes when they're in season.

The only strangers I've seen her meet outside were me, Mum, and then Rachelle at the kennels. I can't risk taking her out while she's in season, so she has only met new people inside the house so far. My feeling is that outside she will probably just ignore or shy away from people. She does seem to like dogs though and the kennel people said she was ace with dogs - they share kennels and exercise in pairs/groups. So that's something! Coz it means we should be able to walk with doggy friends and I wont have to always walk them separately :) That's something to look forward to!

Ah Tetris I believe dogs can fit in with most lifestyles. But it is a massive commitment and a big drain on money and time and effort. I'm already planning ahead to when her free insurance runs out, when she needs to be booked in for neutering, I've preliminary booked her on some basic training classes and found another place that does obedience, flyball, and agility classes, i've started her registration up at work, etc.....
I do think anyone who would like a dog can have a dog. But it's hard work and you do have to make sacrifices and compromises :)

Patty I'm pretty annoyed that John has met her twice now without me there to supervise and take charge of the situation. If I can help it this dog will get better and not more damaged. I am pretty p*ssed off ;) He means well, but he just doesn't "get it" and it's a big risk that someone could mess up the next 10+ years of a dogs life. BUT she was pretty good with Martin, so I think I am being a bit harsh. She just needs time and patients and not some stubborn bugger messing it up! x

Tuesday food

Morning break:
Banana

Lunch:
Quorn pieces, onion, mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn, and spinach cooked in spicy stuff
Veggie ravioli (2)
Cheese (HexA1)
Salad & beetroot

At the cinema: Nothing!

Tea:
Quorn quarter pounder (Frozen. Free I think?)
Refried beans
Onions, peppers, mushrooms, and sweetcorn
Spicy chunky potatoes
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
Cheese (HexA2)
Extra light mayo, tomato sauce, mustard (1.5)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Half a Milka Leo (4.5)

Drinks:
Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 8
Syns saved: 13.5

Exercise:
3hr15mins at work.

Last edited:
I didn't get PIP/Disability. Got the letter this morning. Which basically says all the things I have problems with and the decision makers comments that say "But I have decided that you can do them". So the point of these things are?! Why write all your forms out and collect evidence and stuff for them to go against everything you have told them?!
*sigh* Oh well, I didn't really think I would get it anyway. Just disappointing.

We're off to Ikea later for a look at the Christmas stuff and to have tea. Caz is coming with us :) I can't go to Ikea for tea and not eat some of the lovely things. So I guess a bit of an off-plan day today, nothing too mad and I have some syns saved too. So yeah :) Nice Ikea food and probably a couple of treats.

Off work today and was hoping to get a nice long lie-in to recover. Haven't really had a day "off" in over a week, so I'm starting to struggle. But the bloody postman woke me up! Not super early, but earlier than I wanted ;) Pinta's harness has arrived tho :D Not that we can go out just yet, but at least it's here and I can slowly get her used to it. She's fearful of having a lead or collar put over her! So the harness should be fun!! I put Ellie's old harness on her to bring her home in the car and she panicked a lot! Poor doggy!

Food today I think I'm going to have porridge with some dried fruit/Graze tub. And then tea and a small dessert or something at Ikea. Might go to Starbucks, but depends on the time.x

Hey guys!
Thanks for the message Patty.

I dunno what's going on at the moment with me. I'm so up and down. No matter how much I try I just can't stick to plan. I'm eating stupid things and buying things I never buy and I just can't eat properly. I don't know what's happened?!
I guess it's probably an accumulation of all the things that have happened recently and it's finally hit me. My depression is really bad and my anxiety is really bad, especially at night. I'm not sleeping and when I am having horrible stressy dreams all the time. I'm so fed up and I'm really ashamed to say that I am reaching for food for comfort!! I'm not usually a comfort eater, but every so often something clicks and I turn to food.
I'm still drinking a bit, but only the odd whisky or glass of wine. But, even so, that's not me!!

I dunno. It's just rubbish :(

For now I'm going to be as sensible as I can and try and get past this. Have to hope my weight at least stays the same!! It's horrible gaining weight again. It's my fault, but I hate it!
I'll just do the best I can for now and try on the days I can.

In cheerier news I've just had my hair done :)

Pinta's cough is getting a bit better, but Dave is really sick now. I was working this weekend and one of our vets agreed to give him treatment without seeing him - I didn't want to take him in for the day with him being contagious!! So he's now on antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and cough medicine. I'm giving Pinta some anti-inflammatories to help try and get rid of her cough, along side the medicine. But Dave has been quite ill. Horrible illness!!! But he is already doing a bit better :) xx

Awww ((hugs)).

I wonder if you're expecting too much of yourself at the moment. You've had a huge emotional upset recently and I'm sure the situation with poor Dave isn't helping. Yes, I can understand that you don't want to gain all the weight you've fought so hard to lose - perhaps just try for damage limitation?

Re the buying stuff you don't normally get - can you shop a little less frequently? Or perhaps do an Internet shop? If you're not actually in a store you'll face less temptation and goodness knows, there's a heck of a lot of it out there at this time of year.

Good luck, and I really hope things sort themselves out soon.

You're probably right Patty. But I expected myself to at least be able to relatively stay on plan and try and at least maintain. I'm so annoyed with myself, but I can't seem to stop it.

I've cut down my shopping trips dramatically! But I still need to go the shops, I really don't like doing online grocery shopping. It's not really that I'm faced with temptation, I know what I want before I go. It's so frustrating! I mean normally I think about food a lot anyway and face a lot of temptations, but I can say no and certainly don't make trips to specifically buy bad food. I just, I dunno *shrug*

I do very much need to start playing at damage limitation. And I hope things settle down sometime soon. One meal at a time eh?!

Thank you Patty.x

I think most people who struggle with weight think about food most of the time - I certainly do - and unfortunately, there is so much variety around at this time of year. It doesn't help that nearly every other advert at the moment seems to be about food and/or drink.

As you say, just try to take it one meal at a time and remember to praise yourself for every achievement, however small, and don't beat yourself up about going off plan.

Hey love, sorry to hear your depression is so bad :( I'm not suprised considering what a hard time this is for you *hug*
Sounds like everyone (dogs!) is a bit stressed and it is coming out in various ways!
Am finding sw focus hard too, am having too many treat days that include alcohol in relaxed, unsynable quantities- am certainly not as controlled as before! I think I am relying too much on post period loss this week, probably have screwed it up now though.

Hope Dave feels better soon x

Hey Tetris!

The dogs are sick with kennel cough thanks to the "lovely" kennels I got Pinta from. Both very poorly, but Dave more so. I'm glad one of my vets took pity on us and agreed to treat Dave. You don't normally treat kennel cough and he really should have been seen!! But better all round this way. He is getting a bit better. It's a horrible illness tho!

I can't even really explain what's going on with me at the moment. I've definitely had a bit of a crash mental health wise. It's horrible! I feel like a different person. I'm so irritable and snappy and, well, horrible!! But I just can't stop it!!
The eating is really getting me down too. It's definitely at binge eating level as well :( Just feels like everything is f*cked up and completely out of my control. Which I know it isn't and I could do things!! So frustrating isn't it?!!

My eating's been a little better today and I even refused cake/biscuits at Costa :) So that's good!! Every little victory at the moment!
The rest of this week is going to be super busy and food heavy so I'm not even going to try and fight that. BUT next week I have a "clear" week until Friday, as far as I can tell. So I am going to try my damned hardest to be 100% on plan until then. 4 days isn't that hard is it?!! We'll see. But I really am going to try!xx

Back