Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Saturday food - EE day. 8-6:30 at work! Not sure of the exact order or if I will eat everything, but that's the plan so far :)

Breakfast:
Banana

Morning break:
Red grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple
Activia 0%
Benefit Light (rest of HexB )

Lunch:
Portion of curry from the other night
Uncle Ben's Peshwari rice (3.5)
Tangerine

Afternoon break:
Graze Brooklyn Bites - Poppyseed pretzels, cheese cashews, and roasted pumkin seeds (8 )

Tea: Stir fry !!
Quorn steak strips, garlic, red onion, mushrooms, red & green peppers, mange tout, sugar snap peas, baby sweetcorn, bean sprouts, Worcester sauce, Sriracha, and hoisin and garlic sauce (3)
Low fat Supernoodles - I've run out of soba noodles :(

Snack:
Alpen light (rest of HexA)
Cadbury's vanilla Snowman (8 )

Drinks:
Coffee, Coke Zero, squash
Matcha shot made with 100ml Innocent Apple & Elderflower (2)
Options made with Oatly (half HexA)

Syns used: 24.5
Syns saved: 17.5

Exercise:
10.5hr work shift

Last edited:
Did your shop turn up on time?!

Very nice of you to volunteer at Beavers! My Mum always wanted to help at the Brownie group me and my Sister went to, but they wouldn't let her because she wasn't Catholic!! We didn't stay very long anyway, it was rubbish :p
I'd imagine groups like this have advanced immensely in 20 years tho.

I bought a new top today, even though I was supposed to be on a clothes ban until I lost weight. BUT it's so cool!! It's a 3/4 length tea with flowers and koi carp on. I love it! Plus it was only £12 ;)

I have spent a LOT of money today. £30 in Pets At Home - I needed to stock up and I was waiting until I had a voucher from them ;) And then a whopping £50 in Asda!! Holy sh*t!! But I know have a stocked cupboard, freezer, and fridge. Lots of fresh fruit and veg and tonnes of SW staples. Should only need to top up my fresh food the rest of the month now :)
This week's batch cooks will be Ratatouille and curry. With my extra weekends I need to stock up my freezer with portions of stuff for work lunches. Will make chilli next week I reckon.

Oh and I did manage to walk the dogs. Just a quick half mile walk each - just over 10mins - and I was very wobbly after. But I'm SO glad I did it.xx

Yes just before 5pm lol xx Im a bu**er for local charity shop & community centre for my clothes a
t the moment :) bought myself 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs for my hubby, a pair for my brother in law & some bits for kids & spent £20 lol xx

Well done on the loss! Food, as always when you're on plan, looks good.

I hope you survived yesterday OK; it would be a long shift even for someone fully fit.

The dog training course sounds right up your street and I would guess it's good to practice with another dog and then try it out 'at home' with Pinta.

Well done on another great loss :talk017: well deserved, you've been on it and worked hard for this :)

Good news about Rachelle's results, it must be a relief.

I saw you've been to see Kingsman, brill isn't it? Made all the better by Mr Firth :D

Hope work hasn't been too manic and you're ok x x x x

Hey!
Wow, so many visitors :)

Still waiting to hear from someone about paying for the course :/ Hope they get back to me soon, I don't want to lose my place! One of my new TTouch books arrived today. I think Pinta might be my new project lol.
I'm not sure how hands on the course will be. If people are bringing their dogs it's because they have problems and are reactive, so probably won't be able to cope with strangers handling them. I don't know if the tutor will be bringing a dog, but will just have to wait and see. If I were bringing Pinta (or if it had been Ellie) no way in hell would I be letting strangers get their hands on her ;)

Kingsman was fantastic Barbette. I've always liked Colin Firth anyway, but he was amazing in that. Great film! And non of that "implied violence" crap :p

Work wasn't too bad really. Saturday was an odd day, quite busy in kennels and a lot of critical cases. Only two ops got done as well! But the front was relatively ok. Sunday was better all round really and we had time and it wasn't rushed and surgery moved along well.
It also made a hell of a difference working with the vca I was with. She came and helped a lot, we chatted, we shared jobs, etc... So much nicer!
I mean it was still hard and everything, but that made a hell of a difference.
I'm suffering a lot today, but it's always to be expected. At least I finally got some sleep! I had less than 4hrs sleep each night over the weekend and I got about 11hrs last night. I feel like crap, but at least I got some sleep.

I was doing great all weekend with my food, I took good food with me, didn't cave in to all the biscuits and chocolates. But last night I did indulge a little. My tea was SW and I had a little bottle of wine and some Swedish chocolate planned - all within syns. But then I caved in to my cravings for biscuits and had 3 with some biscuit/chocolate spread on. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I REALLY wanted them lol. Lame excuse ;) But, I guess, not so bad as an end of week/getting through the weekend treat. Silly, but, whatever. Hope it wont make too much difference to WI this week. Which I will do at the weekend.... *eye roll* LOL!

Back to it today and treating myself to a full on green day!
I'm taking Pinta to her first class tonight and I am really, really nervous! Plus worried about how I will cope in the cold, but I'll have my friend Michelle with me to help :) xx

Monday food - Green day. Ended up being a high syn day, but I really fancied a Nakd bar. So, why not!

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
Spaghetti hoops
Cheesy scrambled eggs (half HexA1)
Seasoned potato cubes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea: BBQ chilli!
Quorn mince, red onions, mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn, plum cherry tomatoes, bbq beans, garlic, Worcester sauce, Chipotle sauce, and smoked paprika.
Big jacket spud
Salad
Garlic & herb dressing (1)
Cheese (rest of HexA1)

Snack:
Nakd Pecan Pie bar (8)
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee, squash, diet Coke
Matcha shot made with 100ml Innocent Apple & Elderflower juice (2)
Options made with Oatly (part HexA2 + 2)

Syns used: 14
Syns saved: 1

Exercise:
Hoovering the living room
Quick kitchen clean
Over an hour at training with Pinta - bloody big cold field!
23mins/1.1mile walk with Dave

Last edited:
Well, training went much better than I thought! Yes, she was a lunatic and barked and barked and barked - I'm surprised she doesn't have a sore throat. But, she did very well. We took part in all of the exercises, only diverting slightly from one - I didn't feel she'd be able to cope with weaving in and out of other dogs. I actually now think she could, so we will try next time. But we did everything else. There was a point when she didn't bark for at least 10mins!! Quietness!
There were other terrified, reactive dogs there too. Lots of "normal" dogs, but some clearly with issues too. Which made me feel better ;)
The trainers were lovely and one of them spent the first 10mins with us chatting and explaining things and really put me at ease. I had a quick chat at the end with both trainers and they said she did very well and they are very hopeful we can tackle these issues no problem.
I can't wait to go back next week. God damn work getting in the way ;)

Honestly though, I cannot describe the relief I feel from doing this today. And doing it well. And being complimented on my handling skills!! There is hope and I don't think I could explain just how that feels. I loved Ellie beyond anything, but if I could have changed one thing about her it would have been her fear aggression. Her life was boring and she never enjoyed our walks - until she started going deaf, blind, and a bit senile! That isn't the life you want for a dog. She had a good life and she was loved by everyone. But, to think that Pinta might not have to face that future and we might be able to help her and have her in social situations is AMAZING!!!

Right will stop now ....

Michelle came with me and I was so grateful. She kept my nerves at bay and did some exercises with Pinta when my hands got too cold. She's had a very sad day today as well, so I'm even more grateful for her coming. She had to have both her ferrets put to sleep today :( She's very very unlucky with ferrets, her original one had a lot of very rare health conditions. And the two she had after him both ended up with lymphoma :( Feel so awful for her.
I made her tea when we got home to say thanks :) She walked Davey with me too!! Couldn't have not taken Dave out, he would have sulked SO much!

Good day really. Still feel very wobbly and stuff, but feel good too! xx

Tuesday food - Green day.

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
Spaghetti hoops
Cheesy scrambled eggs (half HexA1)
Seasoned potato cubes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

At the cinema: Nowt

Tea:
Quorn lamb grill
Tomato & her Pasta N Sauce
Veg bag - broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower
Sweetcorn
Cheese (HexA2)
Garlic & herb dressing (1)

Snack:
Benefit Light & Alpen Light (HexB2)
Mini Caramel Egg & Mini Malteser Bunny (6)

Drinks:
Coffee, Squash, diet Coke
Costa medium Caffe Caramella with sugar free syrup and soy milk (rest of HexA1 + 1)
Forgot my Matcha shot :(

Syns used: 9
Syns saved: 7

Exercise: Nothing. Having a bad wobbly, jittery day.

Last edited:
Having a nosey at hotels near Dogs Trust Manchester for when I do my course. Toying with the idea of staying over and having some quiet me time. That would mean missing Martin's birthday tho, so I'm not sure.
Anyway, the two closest seem to be the Premier Inn Denton and the Village Urban Resort Manchester Hyde.
A long shot, but anyone stayed at either? The Village one does look nicer and does have a swimming pool :D But the Premier Inn is a bit closer. Prices are similar and reviews also pretty much the same.
Hmmmm.....

Oh, I read some Trip Advisor reviews and the Village one doesn't get great reviews after all. A lot if the bad stories I hear from Barbette apparently happen there too :/
The Premier Inn gets fantastic reviews, really really solid. And its attached to a pub and much closer to DT. Can I justify another £80 on top of the course fees tho for one night?! Seems like an awful lot of money. But less driving, a bit of peace & quiet, etc... I would have to be very brave and eat alone tho!!! But I would have my Nexus with me to read and stuff.
Eeek! I dunno.....

80 is a LOT per night, shee sh! Is there not a nice b+b around? Check booking.com - that was a lifesaver on our travels. Anything around an 8/10 tended to be really good and anything less than a 7.5 had obvious flaws. Should highlight lots of places in the area and you can look by price too :)

The one in Hyde is an older property on a council estate, it's not as busy as some of the other villages though. If you do fancy it is can give you the code for friends and family which would make £52 bed and breakfast. X x x
Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It sounds as though both you and Pinta did really well at training!

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice re hotels other than to say anything to save driving will surely be beneficial and you may be too tired to go to Martin's birthday anyway. I'd suggest staying over if you can and make an arrangement with Martin now for another celebration on a date to suit both of you. I would also be one with my head in a book/tablet at the table and I'd also make it clear to the person showing me to the table that I'm not prepared to share!

Hey guys!
There isn't a lot in the area I need, it's mostly residential just off a motorway - where most Dogs Trust's are. Plus I'd be staying over a weekend, so the most expensive!
I'm going to have a proper think today but really not sure I can afford it on top of the course fees. And that kind of money seems a bit silly to save me driving an hour home really.
If I want to do more TTouch courses in the future I will probably have to travel further and stay over, so maybe look at it more then :) Really I think I just wanted some time to myself ;)

Not having a good few days really. My symptoms are quite bad. I couldn't get to sleep at all last night either, went to bed early (for me) and was still awake well past 2am. *sigh*
Going to try and have a quiet day today. Well I'm at least not going out, that might be as quiet as I'll get! x

Wednesday food - green day. Feeling rather hungry today! Can't shift it :/ Probably coz my symptoms are all going crazy. I'm usually hungry when I'm in pain and really exhausted! Trying to feed me well tho lol

Lunch:
Oats So Simple multigrain made with Oatly (part HexA1 + HexB)
Half Graze dark chocolate rocky road granola topper (3.5)
Banana
1tsp of Maple Syrup (0.5)
Small bowl of strawberries, grapes, and blueberries
Activia 0%

Tea:
Roasted veg ratatouille, well roasted might be an understatement. Cremated might be closer :rolleyes:
Red onion, peppers, courgette, and carrots
Mushrooms, tinned cherry tomatoes, garlic, and Quorn Meatballs
Wholemeal spaghetti
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Salad, beetroot, & dressing (0.5)

Snack:
2 Alpen/Benefit lights (HexB2)
Mini Dreamy (3.5)
Activia 0%

Drinks:
Coffee, diet Coke
Matcha shot with 50ml Innocent Apple & Elderflower (1)

Syns used: 9
Syns saved: 13

Exercise:
Bunny clean
Garden de-poo
Drying & straightening my hair - you have no idea how much effort that takes now :(

Last edited:
Ah and Valentines weekend so probably busier/prices higher ;(

Last edited:
It's not Valentines weekend when I go - 21/22nd Feb :) I had a look at staying on the Fri instead and the price drops by £30. But, really, I think it's a bit much for a one night when I'm really not that far from home. Maybe next time :) Shame there isn't a nice B&B around, but the nearest one is like a 30min drive, so a bit pointless really!

Having a sort of day off plan today.
We're going out for an early tea at the new Burrito place before the cinema. One day I want to go when I'm not driving because it's a Burrito and beer bar and it seems like a really nice place you can just hang out with your mates and have a few drinks. I wont drive even having one drink, so need to go when I'm not having to drive!
Luckily, burrito's are pretty damn healthy, but trying to work out syns for the wrap and salsa's and any sauce is a pain in the a*se. And I might want some spicy chips too ;)
And if I can fit it in, they do Churro's as a dessert!

Anyway, I'm just going to have a nice relaxed day. Not go too mad, but just enjoy it and not have to count syns and work stuff out. I have a fair few syns saved and all of todays.
Lunch is going to be porridge with some dried fruit and the rest of the Graza granola topper. And a decent glass of Innocent juice with my Matcha.
Wow, I know how to enjoy an off plan day ;) Wild!!! LOL

Back