Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hi Cheeky!!

Sorry to hear you've been so under the weather last week, I hope things are looking up for you today and that the smoothies are in your system. What I wouldn't give for a burrito right now! Ooooh where are you going on holiday? (Sorry, I've missed quite a lot and can't seem to find the answer in your previous posts). How has work been? Not too hectic I hope! xx

Hey everyone!
And esp Mrs Parisienne - lovely to see you :D

I'm still sick. Yesterday was awful, I was still in bed at 3pm. I'm really not sleeping very well and my Fitbit is reliably informing me of just how bad it is! I was in bed Fri night for just over 11hrs and got 5.5hrs sleep. Last night I managed a whopping big 3.5hrs. I'm so exhausted.
I made myself get up today so that I could spend the say with Mum and Rachelle, but my god it was hard.
My food has still been really bad. Although on Sat I only had one meal (Indian takeaway tho at 11:30pm!!), a smooshed up fruit bar, and a cookie.
Today has been all over the place as well.
And I know I have been here many times before and I no doubt will be here many times again lol. But I need to draw a line. I've had enough of eating rubbish, I've been off-plan over a week now, and it's obviously not doing any good. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. The odd meal or day off plan isn't so harmful, but I wish I could stop it rolling in to more days. Especially when I'm not well, because it really doesn't help and makes me feel so much worse about myself.
So, from tomorrow, I will be trying my hardest.

Things will always get in the way - I already have a meal out planned this week. And not very far away is Easter, then Rachelle's birthday, and then I'll be going away. But I really need to work on not letting these things ruin my, usually, brilliant eating habits. I don't know what's gotten in to me these last couple of years, I used to be SO good at SW! And I know I have a lot working against me and a lot to think about, but I just need to get back to it and sort myself out :)
God knows how much I will have put on this week. I might hop on the scales at work tomorrow to give me an idea, although I know it will be more sensible to wait until the weekend when I will have hopefully had several good days.

I would really like to get back in to a bit of a routine with walking the dogs. Actually, routine might be the wrong word, but you know what I mean. I need to make more of an effort and make use of this Fitbit ;) And get Pinta out again and working with her - no training again this week with work and not being well and I'm working a late tomorrow and this coming weekend, so another week off. And some nice relaxing walks with Dave :)

I need a big kick up the bum. And also to get rid of this cold!!!

Sophie I've just come back from York, I'm going to Oslo in April (by myself, because I'm insane!), and Tenerife in Oct. Got a few good things going on this year!! Have also not long completed a weekend dog behaviour/Tellington Ttouch course and I'm signed up for a TTouch workshop in June and a Scentworks (teaching dogs how to hunt for scents for fun) weekend in Oct. And probably other things in between lol. I think it's more than about time I start doing stuff again and living a bit more. F*ck the ME ;)

So you lot, I will be back tomorrow armed with some good food and hopefully a crap load of enthusiasm. maybe I should get on the scales and give myself a damn good shock eh?!!
I can do this, right?!! Time is ticking on and my weight is slowly creeping up. Time to make a change for the better :D xx

Monday food: starting with a green day to ease me in. But I did really well and ignored the chocolates in work, even though I moved some from one box to another so I could tidy up! That's restraint! And Martin offered me on of the mini Malteser Bunnies I'd bought for him.

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Spaghetti
Cheesy scrambled eggs (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
BBQ sauce (1)

At work:
Shape 0%

Tea:
Quorn steak topped with gherkins and cheese (HexA2)
Pasta N Sauce mac & cheese (2 + part HexA1 for Oatly)
Veg bag - broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower. Extra steamed broccoli.
Bit of BBQ sauce (0.5)

Snack:
2 Benefit Lights (HexB2)
Mini Dreamy (3.5)
Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks:
Coffee. Diet Coke. Matcha.

Syns used: 10
Syns saved: 5

Exercise:
4hrs at work.

Last edited:
Score!!
I very cheekily emailed the hotel I'm staying at in Oslo last night. I buttered them up a bit saying I'd seen all the amazing reviews on Trip Advisor (tbf, they ARE amazing!) and I'd noticed a lot of people recommending the 9th floor as those rooms have balconies. So I asked if I could possibly request a room on the 9th floor. And I even mentioned it was my first time in Oslo and I'm very excited ...
I got a nice reply back and they said that they had registered my wish for a room with a balcony and that they would try their best to fulfill that request.

So, do we think I'll get a balcony?! ;)

Sorry to hear you havent been too well xx we had the rounds of the sickness bug in our house and it knocked us all for six x well i dont blame you being cheeky and looks like it may have paid off hehe xx
As far as the gain goes its only a minor setback.and you were poorly after all xx no one wants to diet when poorly xx the most important thing is that you well again and that once you are you get back on it which you have so dont worry x you soon will be back to your pre ill weight :)

That's amazing! So many trips and holidays to look forward to! It does sound like you'll get that 9th floor balcony too - if you don't ask you don't get!

Yesterdays food sounds brill too! I think you are still doing amazingly well! We all have difficult periods but you are at least still keeping SW in mind. During pregnancy I blocked it out of my mind altogether and now I'm paying for it! Also the weather will soon be on your side for more dog walking and the lighter mornings/evenings will make it easier to be motivated to - I have every faith in you!xx

Hey!
Lovely to see you both :D

Blades - I hope you guys are all better now? I think me and Mum picked up the same thing while we were away. Oddly tho, I got it worse! Usually Mum gets it the worse because she has a billion illnesses for it to effect lol. But it's really knocked me this time. I haven't been "normal" sick for ages and it's kicking my ass. And obv angering the ME and setting all those symptoms off and amplifying them. Super fun..... Hopefully it will stop clinging on soon. Have had it for over a week now.
I wish I could lose weight like that. I've always been a slow loser, but could generally shift a silly gain within a few weeks, but now things are really bad and my losses are very low and really inconsistent. The research I've done around ME and weightloss seems to suggest that there's virtually no chance of losing weight (which I don't completely believe and I am stubborn) or it will be very difficult. Because of the hormone imbalances and over-producing stress hormones it means the body is constantly craving fuel and it holds on to absolutely everything and rarely lets go of fat stores. So I have that to deal with now too.
But, like I've said before, do I give up and just keep putting weight on and making myself miserable, or do I eat healthily try and lose weight, and just get a bit frustrated at times. It's just very frustrating to gain weight so quickly (5lbs in a week this time) and then not be able to lose it for weeks or months at a time.
I do need to get my head in the game tho, I really do.

Parisienne - I'm really looking forward to all the stuff I've got planned. And will be amazing to finally be able to some dog related stuff. It's impossible to do stuff like that without a car - esp if you're taking a dog! So they should be good :D
Oslo is freaking me out a bit the closer it gets. But I think I'll be ok once I get there. I hope I do get that balcony ;) I think the temperatures for April are around 5oC, but can drop below 0 and go up to around 9. But I can sit out in the cold, I'll have my cold weather gear with me lol.

I think you had more than enough to be thinking about the last 9 months ;) I think you can let yourself off. But you sound really motivated and I think those lovely long walks will really help :D
I wish my dog walking issues were as easily solved by good weather and motivation :( The weather's never bothered me with dog walking, I have a LOT of outdoor gear, I wouldn't take them out if it was really chucking it down tho - at least not on purpose haha!
And I really do have all the motivation I need. I want to walk them, I want to build on my fitness, and I have a new crazy dog that needs a lot of work. But my mind might be raring to go, but my body is seriously letting me down at the moment. I was doing really well with pacing and building up my exercise, but at the moment it's kinda just work and nothing, I just don't have the energy to do it and can't ignore the pain and wobbleyness. Like the lack of weight loss, this is so damn frustrating! I have so many things I want to do and Pinta really needs me. I don't even have the energy to do at home training sessions at the moment. It's bloody killing me :(
But I have had a lot of extra shifts at work and a lot of lates and stuff going on. So hopefully things will calm down a little bit and give me more useable spare time, rather than my days off just being for recovery. My new working pattern starts soon too, and I'm really hoping that will help too :)

Tuesday Food - EE day

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Scrambled eggs with yellow peppers and mushrooms
Spaghetti
Wilted spinach with fried cherry tomatoes
1 slice of wholemeal toasts (half HexB)
Tomato sauce (1)

Evening break at work:
Taking a banana and a Shape 0%. Going shopping straight after and I don't want to be tempted because I'm hungry!

Tea:
Quorn Pork steak (free I think)
Cheesy Smash with actual cheese (half HexA)
Aunt Bessie's carrot & turnip
Steamed Broccoli

Snack:
1 Benefit Light (rest of HexB)
Toffee Crisp biscuit (5)

Drinks:
Coffee. Diet Coke. Matcha. Squash. Options made with Oatly (rest of HexA + 2)

Syns used: 8
Syns saved: 12

Exercise:
4hrs at work
Shopping in Asda

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for a room with a balcony!

You've had a particularly tough time recently so don't be hard on yourself. Those of us who struggle with weight seem to be geared to turn to food for comfort - and I know you have extra reason for this from your past - so it's really not surprising that being so poorly has resulted in a gain.

You've made a good start on returning to plan; don't let your guilt about exercising/training the dogs throw you off (I know guilt does odd things to the way my mind works). You are doing the best you can and the more rest you give yourself now, the quicker you'll recover. Roll on the change of hours - it can't be far off now.

Awe thank you Patty!
Yeah, guilt does some horrible things to us doesn't it?!! Really plays on our mind. Horrible emotion!
Sometimes I'm not an emotional eater at all. I think it depends what I'm stressed or upset about. Like when my ex left me I barely ate, buy when my Dad died I ate loads! And Ellie's death really played with my emotions, as has Pinta's arrival - guilt again!!

I've naughtily jumped on the scales, just to see, and already down 1kg!! Couldn't be happier about that. Thank you Matcha and you super poop making abilities ;)

Off to Asda later to buy everyone's Easter stuff. Brought a banana and a yogurt to work coz I was starving last night. I stopped at Martin's for half an hour on the way back and it was so hard not to just eat anything!x

I'm off for a meal tonight with some work friends - and to catch up with one who hasn't long left. Can't wait to hear about all the fancy machines and stuff she gets to do! Will try not to be all jealous ;)

I had a bit of an argument with myself over whether I should have a lunch that says "f*ck it, I'll be off plan later anyway" or a good, SW one. And SW won :)
I had 2 Weetabix with 2 syns worth of dried fruit (I even weighed it!), banana, 1tsp of honey, and warm Oatly. And then some pineapple and a Shape 0%.

We're going to try somewhere new later and it's a pub that does carvery's and also a full menu. The desserts look amazing ;) Going to Starbucks first because Sue won't get there till after 7 and the other 2 finish at my work at 5:30, I might even try and get there a bit early so I can have a read and a relax.
I got up really, really late today. I turned my alarm off and slept for another hour and a half!! So today has gone a bit wrong. But I'm gonna put the bunnies out in the run (still trying to mix them) and go get a shower. Then I just need to de-poo the garden really. The hoover is broken, nooooo, so can't do a much needed hoover! I swear there is more garden in the living room than the garden itself!

Patty!! We didn't get dessert :faint2: And my meal wasn't bad either really. I had roasted veg lasagne that came with a really lame side salad and 2 little bits of garlic bread. And we shared a bowl of sweet potato fries!! We didn't get dessert, probably because we were chatting too much ;) The desserts were MASSIVE tho!
I did have one of the new Maple Macchiatto's at Starbucks and 2 ginger biscuits, and then a black coffee. Drinks with tea were diet Coke's.
Because of the lack of dessert I'm having a Malteaser Bunny and a Mini Creme Egg - probably 1% of the calories/syns that would have been in the dessert lol. So will wipe my saved syns clean and start again for tomorrow.
Feel quite good about that :)

And yeah the lunch thing was a good move too and I feel realy pleased that I made myself do that. Why can't we always be this smart about food?! lol

And we all had a really good night too. Great to have a catch up and a moan ;) xx

Thursday food - EE day.

Lunch:
Tuna with extra light mayo, sweetcorn, red & yellow peppers, and gherkins (1)
Pasta shells
Salad - spinach, rocket & baby leaf salad, plum cherry tomatoes, and beetroot.

At the cinema:
Benefit Light (half HexB)

Tea: MEXICAN!
2 Quorn Turk'y burgers
Mexican rice
Spicy veg - shallots, mushrooms, red & green peppers, sweetcorn, posh tomatoes, and sweetcorn fried with herbs, spices, hot sauce, and a bit of tomato puree.
Refried beans
Little bit of Asda's pesto & grilled peppers low fat cottage cheese (free I think?)
Cheese (Half HexA)

Snack:
1 Alpen Light (rest of HexB)
1 Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks:
Coffee, Diet Coke, Matcha, Options made with Oatly (2 + rest of HexA)

Syns used: 6
Syns saved: 9

Exercise:
Bit of shopping with Mum
Almost 40mins dog walk - 15mins with Pinta and just a bit more with Dave - 1.6miles
One load of washing
Oh and I've earned another badge on my Fitbit. The Penguin March badge, which is for 70 miles :faint2:

Last edited:
So glad to see you're feeling a little better :)

Well done on your loss and getting back on the wagon, need some of that motivation myself at the moment. And well done on resisting the temptation of desserts :D

Fingers crossed you get your balcony, I know we try to fill people's requests when they email us so I'm hoping they work on the same system.

I had to laugh about you saying there's more garden indoors than there is outside our house is the same, we have a door in the living room going straight into the garden and Sam brings all sorts in and tries to let the birds and the hamsters out lol. I'm just glad we have wooden flooring would hate to see the state of the carpet if we had one. x x x

Hey guys!
Well it looks like the good roll is continuing :) I even got over my dog walking anxiety today and got them both out! Only short walks, but still, I finally did it.
We went to the cinema too and I just took a cereal bar - even though we stopped at McDonald's for Mum to get her something for her tea. So I had a black coffee and a benefit Light *polishes halo*
And I made an amazing tea, one I've been looking too for ages. Mexican!!

Tbh I don't know how much credit I can take for not having dessert yesterday, I think we were talking too much and one of my friends is also an SW'er and I didn't want to tempt her too much. But, anyway, still glad we didn't get dessert really or I know I'd have had mega guilt. I prob shouldn't have had the chocolate, but whatever :p

I really hope I do get my balcony. It'd be great! Sitting out with a hot drink :D I've found out you can get free hot drinks from hotel reception 24hrs a day. Score!! They'll regret that ;)

We have a a door from the living room in to the garden too, but we only really use it in the summer. The kitchen is next to the living room, where the actual back door is, so we use that most of the time. Handy to shut the living room door when it's cold and the dogs are out lol.

Last edited:
Friday food - EE day

Lunch:
Tuna with extra light mayo, sweetcorn, red & yellow peppers, and gherkins (1)
Jacket Spud
Pesto & grilled Peppers cottage cheese
Salad - spinach,plum cherry tomatoes, spicy pickled onions and beetroot.

Tea:
Quorn mince, shallots, mushrooms, peppers, courgette, broccoli, spinach, sweetcorn, posh cherry tomatoes, and chopped tomatoes.
Pasta shells
Cheese (HexA)
Salad
Extra light mayo (0.5)

Snacks:
Chewy Delight (HexB)
Mini Malteaser Bunny & Caramel Egg (6)

Drinks:
Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: 7.5
Syns saved: 16.5

Exercise:
More dog walking!
25mins/1.2miles with Pinta - her walk had 2 big hills.
And 32mins/1.45miles with Dave
Bunny clean and garden de-poo

Last edited:
Yay! Glad you're feeling better and well done on taking the dogs out! Food looks amazing too. And resisting MacDonald's? Go you! You seem to be really extra determined :). I'm lucky cream eggs don't exist in France because I'd have a major hard time resisting!xx

Back