Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hiya!
This cold is lingering on and driving me nuts!! I don't know how I can still be producing so much snot two weeks later lol! I'm having to have a few cough sweets a day, which I refuse to bloody syn, but that's the worst of the cold anyway.

I took the dogs out again today and it was a bit more relaxed because I wasn't rushing to take them out before I had something to do. So they got slightly longer today. Pinta did have a few barks. One time was at a dog on the other side of the road, but it was nowhere near as bad as she can be. And another one, embarrassingly enough, was at a young Indian lad who had just got out of a car. I actually think she was barking at the big bag he had, which was jingling like a dog collar, but still a bit embarrassing! Dave occasionally barks at black people and Ellie used to HATE old women.... racist/ageist dogs ;)
Pinta's walk was also up hill for half of it so I could take her over to the nice, quiet estate. Dave's was fun and we scrambled up a muddy steep slope to get on to the trail and did a loop of two parks along the way. He also met a few doggies. How different could they be eh?!

I'm really annoyed at myself for letting my anxiety get the better of me over dog walking - mainly walking Pinta tho, it has to be said. I was the same with Ellie tho. You start panicking and thinking about all these things that could happen and how people will react to her. But, I've had to ask myself over and over what really is the worst that can happen? The big answer would be a dog runs over and she bites it, but that seems VERY unlikely as she backs away from dogs and tries to hide, even when she's barking at them. And she has come face to face with a few and backs off while barking at them - thank you stupid woman at training class ;) So, really the worst thing that could happen is she barks at a dog or a person and it's a bit embarrassing. Hardly the end of the world?!! It just kills me that people will look at me as a bad dog owner....

You can't get Creme Eggs in France?!! :eek: Lol!! Aldi's version are quite nice too ;) I've been buying mini versions of everything to let me have them, but not too much - most of the time! I wont lie and say they're enough, coz they're not, but nice to have.

Just sorted my work lunch for tomorrow and most of Sunday's - I'm having the Quorn mince and veg I had tonight, just without the chopped tomatoes.
Going to try really, really hard this weekend. I have a lot of fruit, which I know isn't great, but better than biscuits ;) And I have some low syn things to get me through too. Usually Sunday night is my downfall tho when I think "F*ck it! I just survived that weekend". We shall see.x

Saturday food - Green day. Working 9:30-8. I might not eat everything or in this order, but I'll change it tomorrow if I need to :)

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix, banana, dried fruit (2), honey (1), and 150ml Oatly (part HexA)

Morning break at work:
Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries with an Activia 0%

Lunch:
Small, chilled Quorn Cottage Pie (3 I think??)
Smash
Gravy (2)
Veg bag - broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
Pineapple

Afternoon break:
Watermelon (those Asda kids packs)
Toffee Crisp biscuit (5)

Tea:
2 Quorn southern fried burgers (5) topped with cheese (HexA2) and gherkins
Low fat Supernoodles
Salad and spinach
Wholemeal bun (HexB2)
Extra light mayo, mustard, and bbq sauce (1)

Snack: 2 cupcake halves and 2 teaspoons of natural chocolate peanut butter (no idea! But will use my saved syns)

Drinks:
Coffee. Matcha. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: All of 'em
Syns saved: Nope....

Exercise:
Around 9hrs on my feet at work.

Last edited:
Sunday food:

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix, banana, dried fruit (2), honey (1), and 150ml Oatly (part HexA)

Morning break at work:
Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries with an Activia 0%

Lunch:
Quorn mince and veggies from the other day with Veggie Ravioli (2)
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Salad
Pineapple

Evening break:
Watermelon

Tea:

Drinks:
Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke. Matcha

Mum bought me a cupcake from the artisan fayre Rachelle took her too. Well, we shared, so I had two halves of different cupcakes lol.
And, because she is pure evil, she has also bought 3 big-ass tubs of "healthy", gourmet peanut butters..... EVIL! So I had 2 teaspoons of the chocolate one - pretty restrained for me that!
So there goes all my saved syns. And today was quite a high syn day as it was. Oh well, at least I had some saved syns. Worth it :D

Hey!
Lovely to see you both :D

Blades - I hope you guys are all better now? I think me and Mum picked up the same thing while we were away. Oddly tho, I got it worse! Usually Mum gets it the worse because she has a billion illnesses for it to effect lol. But it's really knocked me this time. I haven't been "normal" sick for ages and it's kicking my ass. And obv angering the ME and setting all those symptoms off and amplifying them. Super fun..... Hopefully it will stop clinging on soon. Have had it for over a week now.
I wish I could lose weight like that. I've always been a slow loser, but could generally shift a silly gain within a few weeks, but now things are really bad and my losses are very low and really inconsistent. The research I've done around ME and weightloss seems to suggest that there's virtually no chance of losing weight (which I don't completely believe and I am stubborn) or it will be very difficult. Because of the hormone imbalances and over-producing stress hormones it means the body is constantly craving fuel and it holds on to absolutely everything and rarely lets go of fat stores. So I have that to deal with now too.
But, like I've said before, do I give up and just keep putting weight on and making myself miserable, or do I eat healthily try and lose weight, and just get a bit frustrated at times. It's just very frustrating to gain weight so quickly (5lbs in a week this time) and then not be able to lose it for weeks or months at a time.
I do need to get my head in the game tho, I really do.

Parisienne - I'm really looking forward to all the stuff I've got planned. And will be amazing to finally be able to some dog related stuff. It's impossible to do stuff like that without a car - esp if you're taking a dog! So they should be good :D
Oslo is freaking me out a bit the closer it gets. But I think I'll be ok once I get there. I hope I do get that balcony ;) I think the temperatures for April are around 5oC, but can drop below 0 and go up to around 9. But I can sit out in the cold, I'll have my cold weather gear with me lol.

I think you had more than enough to be thinking about the last 9 months ;) I think you can let yourself off. But you sound really motivated and I think those lovely long walks will really help :D
I wish my dog walking issues were as easily solved by good weather and motivation :( The weather's never bothered me with dog walking, I have a LOT of outdoor gear, I wouldn't take them out if it was really chucking it down tho - at least not on purpose haha!
And I really do have all the motivation I need. I want to walk them, I want to build on my fitness, and I have a new crazy dog that needs a lot of work. But my mind might be raring to go, but my body is seriously letting me down at the moment. I was doing really well with pacing and building up my exercise, but at the moment it's kinda just work and nothing, I just don't have the energy to do it and can't ignore the pain and wobbleyness. Like the lack of weight loss, this is so damn frustrating! I have so many things I want to do and Pinta really needs me. I don't even have the energy to do at home training sessions at the moment. It's bloody killing me :(
But I have had a lot of extra shifts at work and a lot of lates and stuff going on. So hopefully things will calm down a little bit and give me more useable spare time, rather than my days off just being for recovery. My new working pattern starts soon too, and I'm really hoping that will help too :)

Well we are now but my son now as had belly ache since friday night thats reducing his appetite, making him tired and making him feel sick but hes not been sick xx if hes not improved overnight im going to make an appointment as last time he had a blocked bowel and ended up in hospital x

Ahh cupcakes are a real weak spot for me!! Have you ever had hummingbird bakery ones? *DIES*
Good for you counting them within saved syns... I suck at keeping track of syns... Had a jam doughbut today after a big lunch out, doh!

LOL at your racist/ageist dogs hahahaha... Quite a lot of dogs are sexist too eh?
X

Erm, I might have treated myself to some apple pie and custard and a Milkybar Bunny this evening *whistles*
Mum also made me a little roast dinner with a Quorn Pork Chop :D Over syns for the day, but never mind. Tbh 5 days out of 7 on plan is a miracle for me. Lets try and add on a day next week lol!

Work was alright really, but it did go crazy at 6- like it does. We dealt with some nasty cases this week. The kind that make you want to kill owners! But, we all got through it! I ended up staying late tonight as a serious emergency puppy came in and just as I got it in an oxygen tent the bloody oxygen alarms went off!! So had to go out and change the HUGE oxygen canisters over - the night staff don't know how to do it :/

One nice thing. I gave a little Chihuahua a bath today. He's only about 10weeks old and tiny so used a little teeny bowl. Imagine a chihuahua in a hot tub and you'll probably get it right LOL!

Blades I hope you're little boy is ok! A bowel blockage is in no way fun!!

Tetris I have indeed had Hummingbird cupcakes. Beautiful :D I do love a cupcake lol.

Yeah a lot of animals are incredibly sexist. Parrots/parakeets are incredibly possessive over their owner and get incredibly jealous of someone of the opposite sex being around them. Pinta definitely has issues with men, most definitely. She still doesn't like John! Ellie was worse with men too, but oddly hated old women LOL!

Erm, I might have treated myself to some apple pie and custard and a Milkybar Bunny this evening *whistles*
Mum also made me a little roast dinner with a Quorn Pork Chop :D Over syns for the day, but never mind. Tbh 5 days out of 7 on plan is a miracle for me. Lets try and add on a day next week lol!

Work was alright really, but it did go crazy at 6- like it does. We dealt with some nasty cases this week. The kind that make you want to kill owners! But, we all got through it! I ended up staying late tonight as a serious emergency puppy came in and just as I got it in an oxygen tent the bloody oxygen alarms went off!! So had to go out and change the HUGE oxygen canisters over - the night staff don't know how to do it :/

One nice thing. I gave a little Chihuahua a bath today. He's only about 10weeks old and tiny so used a little teeny bowl. Imagine a chihuahua in a hot tub and you'll probably get it right LOL!

Blades I hope you're little boy is ok! A bowel blockage is in no way fun!!

Tetris I have indeed had Hummingbird cupcakes. Beautiful :D I do love a cupcake lol.

Yeah a lot of animals are incredibly sexist. Parrots/parakeets are incredibly possessive over their owner and get incredibly jealous of someone of the opposite sex being around them. Pinta definitely has issues with men, most definitely. She still doesn't like John! Ellie was worse with men too, but oddly hated old women LOL!

Well not sure whats up with him at moment as we gave him some andrew salts & they worked he had about 6 poos but hes constantly falling asleep but his usual self in between x my father in law was like this last week and had flu :(

It doesn't matter why you didn't have a dessert the other day, I still think you should count it as a morale-boosting victory! The cupcakes sound gorgeous as does the natural nut butter - I can't be allowed near the stuff as I just want more and more. One of my favourite things used to be two plain chocolate digestives sandwiched together with peanut butter!

I don't know whether you already know, but Marks are now doing veggie Colin Caterpillars in three flavours: fruit, cherry and fruit sours. Sorry if you'd rather not know!

Hey guys!
Was in bed from 12:30 until 2:45 today!! Holy hell!! Wish I could say I slept through, but I really didn't. Off to dog training in a bit. Caz was supposed to be bringing Mort this time, but she's been really sick over the weekend - sounds like she's caught a similar thing to I've had. I haven't seen her tho, so it wasn't me ;)

Starting the week with a green day, because I do love them :D

Blades I really hope your boy gets better soon.

Patty I really shouldn't be allowed near anything like peanut butter, chocolate spread, Lotus spread, etc.... It's killing me knowing it is right there. I think I can hear it calling me!! I was chatting to the company on Twitter last night, local to us, and they said I should wear their squirrel costume at the Liverpool Food & Drink festival in April. I declined, but they said they would ask again when we've run out of peanut butter LOL!!
Mum bought a sea salt one, honey, and chocolate. And they're big-ass tubs as well. She is evil that woman, pure evil :angeldevil:

What is the syn value of peanut butter btw??

Oh my favourite was a pile of biscuits with chocolate spread and peanut butter on ;) And now with Lotus bringing out a spread it's even worse lol!

Good to know about the Colin sweets Patty. Luckily I'm not a big sweety fan, I have to really want them. But I do have veggie/vegan friends who do. The veggie Percy Pigs are lovely. xx

Monday food - Changing to an EE day, which is something I never thought I'd do! I know lunch wouldn't have had enough superfree, but it at least had some. I'm not a big fan of veggies with spaghetti hoops tho!

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
Spaghetti hoops
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms and red peppers (half HexA)
Wholemeal toast (HexB)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Quorn steak
Mediterranean veg Pasta N Sauce made with water
A HUGE pile of veg, half the plate - broccoli, carrots, and sprouts
Cheese (rest of HexA)

Snack:
1 mini Malteser Bunny and 1 mini Creme Egg (5.5)

Drinks:
Coffee, Squash, Diet Coke, Teapigs Rooibos.

Syns used: 6.5
Syns saved: 8.5

Exercise:
De-poo'd the garden
About an hour/1mile/2,500 steps at Pinta's training class
37mins/2miles hilly, fast walk with Dave

Last edited:
I've just read Patty's thread and I am with her on her plan to stay on track until Easter. I have a meal planned at my friends on Thursday and I don't know what we're having yet. The last few times it has been a bring your own pizza kind of thing and if it is that I might make some nice pasta or something I can take with me - they don't have a microwave tho so I will have to try and work it out lol.
But yeah, Easter is just under 2 weeks away. Would it really be so bad to stay on plan for that time?!!
After Easter my Sister's birthday is just over a week away, so I will allow myself a meal or a day off plan depending on what we're doing. And then a few days later is Oslo (bloody hell that is getting close!!) and we all know I wont be on plan. Luckily will be doing a sh*t load of walking ;)

My plan before Oslo is to also try and get out with the dogs more and get my body a bit more used to walking again. While I'm away I'll have an Oslo pass for at least 2 days and that includes transport within the city, should I need it. But I think there will be a lot of walking - I do love walking :D

I need to get going again and find my mojo and my enthusiasm for SW and walking and stuff again. I would like to start adding in some swimming soon, but I think I need to work on some other things first and not overload my body. I've had just over a year to "get used" to having ME and I have wallowed a bit and allowed myself to use ME as an excuse for my gains. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is definitely a factor and I know it will only make things difficult. But you know I CAN lose with ME because I did last year, it is just a bit more difficult.

Right, going to watch Neighbours and drink coffee before I take the loon to training. She hasn't had a "shouting at other dogs" session for 3 weeks now, so she'll have a ball! :rolleyes:

Well done on food today, you're definitely on the right track to staying on plan until Easter.

I'm a massive nutella fan, I could literally eat a whole jar in one day just off the spoon... needless to say I don't buy nutella any more! I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter but Fabien's Mum sent us some over that she made and I had a little bit and it was lovely! She sent two massive jars over that I keep eyeing up...I'll have to put them further back in the cupboard, out of sight out of mind and all that. I think it's 4.5 syns per tablespoon although I'm not 100% sure.

I can't believe how close Oslo is! You must be sooo excited!! Did they say any more about the balcony? Or will you just have to see when you get there?

It must be really frustrating when you're so good with food and the ME stops you from seeing big losses. I have no words of wisdom, though I wish I did. The only thing I can say is that you are such a strong person and obviously have a lot of willpower and so you will definitely get there!

Hope the dog training session is successful! xx

Hope you had a lovely dog training session and Pinta didn't bark too much.

Fortunately I haven't tried lotus spread - I don't think I dare as I'm sure I'd find it hard to resist. Oh whoa - what was your mum thinking of? You'd better not have finished them in time to wear the squirrel costume - I think I'd find the 'threat' of wearing it enough to put me off the butters!!

I can't have peanut butter or nuttella in the house, I can't resist it. Like you it calls me from the cupboard and I have to eat it ha ha ha ha. I can take or leave cupcakes, it's sweets with me or savoury snacks.

I'm sure you can stick to it and lose, you're awesome at it when you've got it in your head to do it, the stubborn moose kicks in :)

Hope you have had a fun evening with Pinta training x x x x

Oooh so many visitors!! Hello everyone :D

Pinta's class was REALLY good. It was the busiest I've seen it so far and not even considering she's had 3 weeks away, she did very very well! She still barked, obviosuly ;), but nowhere near as bad. And one of the trainers was sick, so we didn't get a chance to separate off in to the ASBO section and did the whole class with the "normal" dogs. I did lose her a bit towards the end, but we had run out of the more interesting treats and she was also getting tired. and the more tired they are, the more bad behaviours come out - like kids :)
But yes, was very impressed with her today. Mum finally came along too and said it was great! We, of course, stopped in at the shop at the end and I bought them some posh tinned food (venison and blueberry this time), some mini haggis', and some dried lung - which is DISGUSTING, but I've heard it's great for training. So I chopped up the lung when I got home - ick. The things I do for my dogs ;)
I had my Fitbit charging today but put it on before I left for training. While I was there I walked 1mile/2,500 steps! That's pretty impressive for a dog class I think.

When we got home I took Dave for a walk and decided he needed a good one and I was feeling stubborn. So we basically power walked for 35mins/2miles, including going up and down several hills and stuff. Was bloody knackered when I got back, but it felt good. Dave had a fab time :D

So feel happy I have been a good dog owner of late *blush*

I am also turning today in to an EE day. I was going to have mac & cheese for tea, so needed milk and cheese, but I haven't got any :eek: So using that as a sign that I should have an EE day instead lol.
My tea was great and half the plate was veg :)

4.5 syns for a tablespoon of peanut butter isn't too bad. So a teaspoon would be around 2? These peanut butters are incredible!! I can't have peanut butter or chocolate spread in the house - I treat myself at Xmas and then when it's gone, it's gone. But I have bought some low fat stuff recently to use in the dogs Kongs. I must admit I did have a fair bit of it myself when I was sick and off-plan the other week *blush*

The closer Oslo gets the more scared I get. I am excited too, but it is a pretty scary thing. Eeeep! I'll find out about the balcony when I check in. Everything crossed!! I want to sit on the balcony with a hot chocolate and look over the city :)

Tuesday: EE day. No HexA - bugger!

Lunch: A lovely fruit salad
Crumbled Alpen Light (half HexB )
Banana, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
Activia 0%
1tsp of honey (1)

Snack:
Little tangerine

Tea:
Quorn and veggie dahl from t'freezer
Tilda Vegetable Byriani rice (3.5)
1tbs of bombay potatoes (9 syns for the whole tin, so I will be generous and say 2)
Salad

Snack:
Benefit Light (rest of HexB )
1 Hotel Chocolat Choc (3)
Another little tangerine before bed

Drinks: Coffee, Diet Ginger Ale, squash, matcha, Teapigs Crème Caramel tea.

Syns used: 9.5
Syns saved: 14

Exercise:
Bunny clean
Quick garden de-poo
30min/1.3mile walk with Pinta
39min/1.9mile walk with Dave

Last edited:
Thanks Patty. See I could happily (well happy might not be the right word ;)) have a couple of teaspoons. Not sure I could stop at a teaspoon tho.....

Pinta had her very first walk up on the Trans Pennine Trail today. Luckily, obviously, she didn't know how significant this was. She was rather nervous because it was a new place, but apart from going mental at some birds and a squirrel she did really well. We went past two cyclists and a jogger without incident. Luckily, very luckily, we didn't see a dog. I saw one, but she didn't because I was distracting her with getting her to do stuff.
Dave had a lovely walk and met lots of doggies. We walked virtually the same walk, but 30mins later and there were dogs everywhere!! The best one was a German Shepherd puppy. God damn freaking adorable :D
I've started taking Dave out second now because he is my relaxing walk. So whatever happens with Pinta, I can chill out and enjoy a walk with Davey. I've started doing some training when I'm out with him too and he's responding well - even for a stubborn terrier!

There's no way I can keep up walking this much every day, I think the next couple of days we'll have to tone it down and do some short ones. I'll knacker myself!! But I am enjoying being out with them SO much!! When I was up on the trail with Dave i had my eyes closed, face up to the sun, and enjoying the breeze and listening to the birds :)
But yeah, this amount of walking all at the same time will do me in, so need to do some smaller walks in between I think. Besides, not every day will give me time to do big long walks either.

Back